PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Wizards?

Yogi
09-09-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm wondering what non-Wizards fans think about my favorite team.

knicks1214
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
A top team in the East when healthy. But, it's been hard for them to be completely healthy.

Beno7500
09-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Overrated

phillyphan4ever
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
i like them a lot

Scheck
09-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Wizards= the bomb

haha

HouRealCoach
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
They have a Big Three:

Arenas, Butler, Jamison

Role Players:

Thomas, Haywood, Songalia, Daniels, Stevenson

Two Youngsters:

Young and Mcgee

I like the team

goku
09-09-2008, 09:19 PM
arenas is funny

jrodmesche
09-09-2008, 09:26 PM
entertaining team but need better defence

Yogi
09-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I agree with a lot of your opinions, but I think they're underrated rather then overrated.

hdxstunts1
09-09-2008, 11:35 PM
A top team in the East when healthy. But, it's been hard for them to be completely healthy.

Agree. They could be a 4th seed if healthy when not they can be last in East. I see them around 7-10seed this season.

Hellcrooner
09-10-2008, 03:17 AM
thehy have an Overated Superstar ( he shoudl be plain allstar)

An overrated allstar ( i still cant understand how did butler reach there)

and fine star player in Jamison.

Haywood is HORRIBLE and is a starter.

Daniels is worn out.

THomas is flat out crap.

Young is a young prospect but wont develop much with arenas and butler there.

Blatche is ok.

the rest plain suck.

is amiracle that they make the playoffs and now they have a real HUGE payroll, they are doomed for the next couple years.

Yogi
09-10-2008, 05:57 AM

Daniels is worn out.

THomas is flat out crap.

Blatche is ok.

the rest plain suck.

is amiracle that they make the playoffs and now they have a real HUGE payroll, they are doomed for the next couple years.

Jamison>Odom, look at the stats. :)

I don't see how Butler is overrated, I never hear ESPN or anyone talk about him they way they talk about people like Pau Gasol.

Tom81
09-10-2008, 06:43 AM
I like the team.

MiamiHeatWade33
09-10-2008, 11:11 AM
well i think the wizards are a great team especially on offence u see the wizards they still got to the playoffs without gilbert arenas, he missed almost the whole season but thankfully due to the improvement of caron butler and the spectacular inside scorer antwain jamison ed the wizards to the playoffs and deshawn stevenson amazed me with his improvement on his long range three pointers if the wizards had gilbert arenas they wouldve probably won 50 games..

barreleffact
09-10-2008, 11:23 AM
they have some pieces, but i dont think they fit. gilbert isnt good with butler and jamison. but even w/o gilbert and w someone who fits better, i dont see them ever makin much noise. they should rebuild unless 1st round and out is successful enough for them

bogdanrom
09-10-2008, 04:17 PM

Daniels is worn out.

THomas is flat out crap.

Blatche is ok.

the rest plain suck.

Butler is definitely a top 5 SF in the NBA, probably top 3. He's a hard worker, and doesn't cause any trouble. Overrated? That's why Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers and come to Washington to play with Butler, because Butler is overrated.:rolleyes:

RoyalG333
09-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm wondering what non-Wizards fans think about my favorite team.

I like their roster at the moment. Its not great though. The trio of Butler, Arenas, and Jamison are good 1-2-3 punch. But I think the next guy thats going to be big for the Wizards is Nick Young. He is going to be an All-Star in this league if he keeps improving. I think the Wiz need a big man to solidify their chances in the East. Jamison is an undersized PF and although he can score, his defense is in questions. Guys like Blatche, Haywood, and E.Thomas just arent getting the job done. I think Thomas is a good hustle player but he is a bench player at best. Haywood is overpaid in my opinion. If I were the Wiz, I would keep the trio together and Nick Young and get some veteran, defensive hustle guys around them. Only then will they have a chance to really make in impact in the East.

Yogi
09-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I like their roster at the moment. Its not great though. The trio of Butler, Arenas, and Jamison are good 1-2-3 punch. But I think the next guy thats going to be big for the Wizards is Nick Young. He is going to be an All-Star in this league if he keeps improving. I think the Wiz need a big man to solidify their chances in the East. Jamison is an undersized PF and although he can score, his defense is in questions. Guys like Blatche, Haywood, and E.Thomas just arent getting the job done. I think Thomas is a good hustle player but he is a bench player at best. Haywood is overpaid in my opinion. If I were the Wiz, I would keep the trio together and Nick Young and get some veteran, defensive hustle guys around them. Only then will they have a chance to really make in impact in the East.

That's basically what a lot of fans here think.

bogdanrom
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM

I agree with you. The only complaint I have is to keep Blatche too, because he's young and has a lot potential.

IndyRealist
09-10-2008, 05:04 PM

I really like what they did last year with Arenas out. They came together as a team, played unselfishly, and developed their team defense. Every team has a weak position, and for the Wizards it's center. If anything, they need a defensive minded SG help cover Arenas' defeciencies. I don't think it's Deshawn Stevenson. You can't run your mouth to Lebron and not back it up. Bruce Bowen or Raja Bell would make this team a champion. As it is, if Gilbert returns to form and they continue to play defense, I'd put them as high as third in the East. If they revert to the run n' gun, no defense Wizards, then I put them around 6th or 7th.

dannyking18
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
with a well known scoring center,wizards are champions,what if they would have aqquired Elton Brand from the clipps????....WOW :speechless: