PDA

View Full Version : Kobe decides to forgoe pinky surgery.

djh_819
09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Lakers star Kobe Bryant said Tuesday on his Web site that he plans to forgo surgery to repair ligament damage in his right pinkie finger.

In a story on kb24.com, Bryant said he opted not to have surgery after learning recovery could be 12 weeks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3578123

Hawkeye15
09-09-2008, 04:17 PM
obviously it didn't effect him to the extreme that he couldn't play at a high level. In fact, there wasn't much of a dropoff after his injury. He has proven he can play thru some pain, he will be fine.

G-Funk
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
this belongs in the Lakers thread.

SwaggaIke
09-09-2008, 04:38 PM
BREAKING NEWS

April 2009

Kobe Bryant's pinky falls off during first round playoff matchup.

JordansBulls
09-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Not sure why he would do this.

THE NATION
09-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Not sure why he would do this.

"I have always felt that I can still focus and play at a high level even through various injuries. That's really just part of the game. When the doctors told me recovery from a procedure could be 12 weeks, I just decided now was not the time to have surgery. What it really came down to for me is that I just didn't want to miss any time 'punching the clock' for the Lakers, given all we are trying to accomplish as a team this NBA season. I am just really excited and looking forward to being there with the guys when camp opens in a few weeks. That is a real bonding process and if I can avoid being on the sidelines for that, God willing, I will," said Bryant.

https://www.kb24.com/news/article/715.html

Thats why.

LAKERS 24/7
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
BREAKING NEWS

April 2009

Kobe Bryant's pinky falls off during first round playoff matchup.

haha

SwaggaIke
09-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I can understand this though. The Lakers can't afford for him to miss time and he doesn't want to. Sounds like a great teammate to me. But could you imagine his pinky falling off during a series lol? That **** would be crazy. And even that probably wouldn't stop the man.

bball1217
09-09-2008, 07:44 PM
He is stupid...

JMan17
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
He is stupid...

you're right, let him be like Tmac for what he could of been and stayed injured for another season, oh yea great idea.

Lost Art
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Kobe is the MAN. I love this. In a sport becoming increasingly populated with little girls Kobe mans-up, goes "old school", and plays through it. I love it! :clap: Other players would sit on the sidelines collect their check and maybe even take a bit of extra time off to boot, not Kobe. For all of you that are hating on Kobe all of the time...........I'm glad he's on my team and not on yours. Enjoy this season where the best player for your team sits out a month or two for a hangnail or a minor ankle sprain, I'll be glad to know that my teams best player will keep playing every night until he needs to be physically dragged off the court. He's the best player in the world, works the hardest, and wants to win the most..........and he just proves it over and over again. Say what you want about the guy, but I love the fact that he's willing to sacrifice some pain and discomfort for the chance to win it all. I wish all players were more like him.

I honestly can't believe some of you are bashing him for this..........IMO this is a really cool thing to do. It once again shows how much he cares about basketball and bringing home that trophy at the end of the season. Peace.

JWalk126
09-09-2008, 08:17 PM
just get rid of the pinky avoid the dilemma

S.J.Basketball
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
obviously it didn't effect him to the extreme that he couldn't play at a high level. In fact, there wasn't much of a dropoff after his injury. He has proven he can play thru some pain, he will be fine.

Pretty much sums it up, but make no mistake he has been said it does hurt alot when he plays on it or someone hits it. I guess he just wants to go this route without the surgery. Kobe's finger is gonna look nasty and twisted later on man....

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Kobe is the MAN. I love this. In a sport becoming increasingly populated with little girls Kobe mans-up, goes "old school", and plays through it. I love it! :clap: Other players would sit on the sidelines collect their check and maybe even take a bit of extra time off to boot, not Kobe. For all of you that are hating on Kobe all of the time...........I'm glad he's on my team and not on yours. Enjoy this season where the best player for your team sits out a month or two for a hangnail or a minor ankle sprain, I'll be glad to know that my teams best player will keep playing every night until he needs to be physically dragged off the court. He's the best player in the world, works the hardest, and wants to win the most..........and he just proves it over and over again. Say what you want about the guy, but I love the fact that he's willing to sacrifice some pain and discomfort for the chance to win it all. I wish all players were more like him.

I honestly can't believe some of you are bashing him for this..........IMO this is a really cool thing to do. It once again shows how much he cares about basketball and bringing home that trophy at the end of the season. Peace.

Could not have said it better myself.

Yogi
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Whatever he thinks is best, do it.

TheBlackHole
09-09-2008, 10:10 PM
just get rid of the pinky avoid the dilemma

Yea he should just pull a ronnie lott and off it.

bogdanrom
09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Whatever he thinks is best, do it.

:clap:

Hotone1401
09-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Well, the finger must not bother him that much if he forgoes surgery. I'm sure if he was feeling alot of discomfort or pain than he probably wouldn't have went this route. It hasn't effected his play or his shot so more power to the guy.

LAKERS 24/7
09-10-2008, 01:56 AM

beautiful, just beautiful

cahawk
09-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Well, bad games in the NBA finals & Olympics were all explained by the devestating pinky injury......now kobe's not going to have surgery?
Must be a really major injury.

Despite the fact he shot better after the injury, but by not having surgery now his fans can milk the Pinky excuse for another year.

_Sn1P3r_
09-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Hopefully for Laker fans he doesn't injure that in the season. Especially near the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2008, 08:43 PM
Pretty much sums it up, but make no mistake he has been said it does hurt alot when he plays on it or someone hits it. I guess he just wants to go this route without the surgery. Kobe's finger is gonna look nasty and twisted later on man....

for $17 million a year, I am sure he figures he should just man up. And like I said, he plays thru pain anyways. As big of a beotch that I think Kobe is personally, he is tough as hell on the basketball court.

Hawkeye15
09-10-2008, 08:44 PM

paging Vince Carter. Some players are tough, some are not.