PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose: Stud or Bust?

JMan17
09-09-2008, 01:08 PM
I think he will be a Bust, and very overrated. I would actully much rather have Bayless then him but that's my opinion.

any thoughts on this guy?

haris23
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Its way to early to tell. As of now hes nothing. He hasn't proved anything yet. Neither has Bayless in the NBA. Both played the Summer League against scrubs. Sure Bayless tore it up, but remember Belieni last year in the Summer League? I hope Rose isn't a bust for the Bulls.

Scheck
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Waaaaaaaay too early...

still1ballin
09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
I voted stud, but i dont think he is going to be neither, i think he is going to be an average type player. Nothing special.

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 01:32 PM
can he really be a bust already? i mean REALLY? he hasnt played even 1 game yet. give him time. He wasnt drafted off his skill set anyway. He was drafted off his potential and because he's a native

J-Relo
09-09-2008, 01:33 PM
close this tread, i don't see a point on it...

first of all, as few guys before mentioned it's too early...

second, you never know ->player can become bust in many ways (isn't enough talent, accident), can become stud too (play good from the beginning, play average and then be traded (or smth like that) and then become star of the team, become all-star...

As i wish for people their best, i wish that Rose will become great player.

NYKnickFanatic
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Stud? No.

Bust? No.

He will just be an above average player.

I dont see him being a SUPERSTAR.

Just an All-Star at some point.

But he can prove me wrong. We will see.

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 01:34 PM
I voted stud, but i dont think he is going to be neither, i think he is going to be an average type player. Nothing special.

and if he turns out to be nothing special, thats a waste of an numb 1 pick. an average num1 is considered a bust when you think who a team couldve taken first....like andrea bargnani or w/e his name is that was taken 1st in 06

JordansBulls
09-09-2008, 01:49 PM
I think he will be a Bust, and very overrated. I would actully much rather have Bayless then him but that's my opinion.

Depends on what you expect from him. Are you expecting him to be an instant star or take 3 years to be one like Deron or CP3?

jgonboricua
09-09-2008, 02:03 PM
he is stronger then chris paul and faster then deron williams....stud

THE MTL
09-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I think that he is overrated and Beasley has a better rookie season. Already has injuries but every other rookie does too lol.

he'll be good but imma wait on Chris Paul/Deron williams verdict.

$ NyC $
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
i don't think he's as pure a PG as some think...maybe an A.I. type

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 02:26 PM
i don't think he's as pure a PG as some think...maybe an A.I. type

wow...no offense but thats not a good comparison IMO. Rose is so timid and doesnt really seem to like to score. He's constantly being criticized for overpassing than being selfish

rico
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
i voted stud, but i think its far too early to tell, im a bulls fan so of course im goin to be optimistic. im HOPING he turns out to be a cross between dwade/cp3/deron williams.

I Am Awesome-O
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Mark my words, he is going to be absolutely brilliant. He will be a superstar. It may take a year or two, but he will be special.

Chicagofaithful
09-09-2008, 02:48 PM
how about in 3 frekan years we ask ourselves this? Good Lord, im going to start a thread "micheal beasley stud or bust?" you'd fight me, but its the same frekan thing... the only reason ppl make dumb threads like this is because he didnt play well or at all in summer league, and bayless did so you think hes incredible. Aaron gray tore up summer league last year, is he good? NO. If i asked you this question in March and you said no, you would have been regarded as a moron. So what's the difference? NOTHING Let him be and in 3 years, make another thread and then we'll discuss it

Nighthawk
09-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I voted Bust but only because there is only 2 options. I dont think he'll be either. But all his hype i think it'll be more Towards bust. I dont think he'll be the worst p.g but wont be a top 5 either. he'll be a solid starter.

JMan17
09-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Depends on what you expect from him. Are you expecting him to be an instant star or take 3 years to be one like Deron or CP3?

well him being the number 1 pick and being the future of the bulls i have to say i expect him to at least play at a ROTY level this year, then 3 more years i expect him to take the chris paul and deron route. I don't expect him to be INSTANT, but since he's really the only good player on the team beside deng, i expect him to do something like this this year...

PPG 12 points
AST 8 or 9
steals almost 2

something like this for his rookie season...

and i only made this thread now about him because i was referring to how he did in collage and stuff. i know it's early but how good do you think he will be looking at how good or bad he did in collage...

ShakeN'Bake
09-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Way to early for this thread...

But I think that he is going to be a star player not a a franchise player. You know like on Shawn Marion's level.

So that means I would have to say stud I guess

2009odom2009
09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
this is a promise to everyone....and especially if kirk hinrich stays.........derrick rose is a bust. he will turn out to be the most 10pts 4ast. i do not like this kid and i think personally jordan farmar at this point isbetter than him. chicago could of taken mike beasley and had him with luol deng and hinrich. chicago only has drew gooden and joakim noah i believe and undersized tyrus thomas. derrick rose isnt the guy people think he is he played good in his last couple of games anyone could do that jerome james didthat in seattle in 2005 in the playoffs and then rode ny's bench for 3 years ....derrick rose is abust...i dont worry though cuzzzz sasha vujacic isnt lol

Tblaze
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Can we get a lock on these kind of topics... Why bother making comparisons of players that have yet to play their first game... it's total bs...

Second City
09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, based on the stats...o wait, there are none. The same could be said for Beasley, you just don't know yet...

Hawkeye15
09-09-2008, 04:13 PM
19 years old, 6'3", built, and a freak athlete. Faster than Kidd or Paul. Plus, very good defender. How can he not be at the very least an all star for a couple years? His athletic ability is unmatched. Point guards should not be able to double clutch dunk from outside the lane in traffic.

ShaunRiching9
09-09-2008, 04:24 PM
nah way too early but i took bust cuz of his orlando league play

29$JerZ
09-09-2008, 04:26 PM
If he pans out, I see him as a Devin Harris Pg. Above Average Pg with great skills and all-star boderline.

if he is a bust I see him as a Jay Williams after the accident. Hope the kid well.

EasyMac951
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Ya I agree with most of the people in here and am not really feeling this thread. I think it is way to early to predict this. But what I can say is that he does have attributes that can not be taught. His speed/quickness/and basketball skills already make for at least an average basketball player. It will be a matter of his continued progress that determines if he will be a stud or not.

He seems to have a good head on him and I expect him to have alot of success.

Cavs_Fan24
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Niether.

He isnt going to be the next great PG, but he isnt gonna be the next Andrea Bargnani-type bust either. He may eventually be an all-star, but i dont see him being all that great either, but it is too early to tell.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-09-2008, 05:12 PM
he will be a avarage pg nothing special they are going to regret the day they didn't take beasley.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-09-2008, 05:13 PM
19 years old, 6'3", built, and a freak athlete. Faster than Kidd or Paul. Plus, very good defender. How can he not be at the very least an all star for a couple years? His athletic ability is unmatched. Point guards should not be able to double clutch dunk from outside the lane in traffic.
this is the nba here not no play ground bullshyt you talking.

ATX
09-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Of course I agree with most, as far as it's too early to tell. However, I saw enough of him in college to know that he has the size, athleticism, and basketball IQ to be a special player at the next level. I'm not sold he will be the next CP3, but an All Star nontheless. I'll go with stud.

hockeypro68
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
I've also been skeptical about Rose. Since before the draft, when everyone was calling him the hands down first pick, i was like o_O ??? I mean I'm not trying to say the kid isn't talented, but HANDS DOWN first pick status? I think not. Then I see Jerryd Bayless averaging freaking about 30 points in Summer League and say God DAMNIT why didn't the Clippers snag him at #7. But like many others have said, it's too early to tell how much of an impact these players will have until the season starts.

CowboysKB24
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Can not be determined with the given information.

Hawkeye15
09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
this is the nba here not no play ground bullshyt you talking.

I don't follow playground bball. Basically, I think he has the chance to be what Marbury could have been. He has a brain

HoopsMachine
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Ill echo the sentiment of many here as it is too early to make such a judgment on him. He definitely has all the physical tools and talent (speed, quickness, strong finishing ability) to become a star player, but it rides on how well he translates that into the pro game. I expect him to be solid this upcoming season but I don't think he will live up to the hype he has brought onto himself declaring that he wants to be the MVP.

rico
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I've also been skeptical about Rose. Since before the draft, when everyone was calling him the hands down first pick, i was like o_O ??? I mean I'm not trying to say the kid isn't talented, but HANDS DOWN first pick status? I think not. Then I see Jerryd Bayless averaging freaking about 30 points in Summer League and say God DAMNIT why didn't the Clippers snag him at #7. But like many others have said, it's too early to tell how much of an impact these players will have until the season starts.

keep in mind

1. its the summer league
2. rose's job and what the coaches WANT HIM TO DO is to be a pass first pg/playmaker. his job isnt to score.

knicks1214
09-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't think he's going to be a Paul or Williams like player. I do think he can be a very good pg though. He first has to develop an NBA jump shot and become a much better free throw shooter. I think he can be a 15-20 ppg and 7-8 assists during some of his seasons. Him going #1 though was really based a lot on potential, but like I said, he can still be a very good pg if he develops a consistent jump shot.

Jay22Redd
09-09-2008, 07:21 PM
kinda early but i say a stud

#1Mavericksfan
09-09-2008, 07:38 PM
How about we let him play his first NBA game before we get ready to call him a bust beacuse Summe League doesn't mean anything.

knicks1214
09-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I'm not calling him a stud based on summer league...he played in what 2 games? I'm basing that on what I say him do when he played to his full potential in college. If he continues to work and improves while he is playing in the NBA, then I think he can be. But if he doesn't, I don't think he will be better than Hinrich if he stops working..

WindyCityFlyer
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Stud? No.

Bust? No.

He will just be an above average player.

I dont see him being a SUPERSTAR.

Just an All-Star at some point.

But he can prove me wrong. We will see.

Couldn't have said it better...

rand3h
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM
stud for sure. if a guard went #1 in a very deep draft, that should say something about him. i recall dwight howard saying Rose would be a special player as well. it's much easier for forwards and centers to be busts rather than guards. one thing is for sure. he is better than kirk hinrich. thats all that matters.

Beno7500
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
VERY overrated

HouRealCoach
09-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Stud

Kyben36
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I think it all depends on his Knee. You have heard alot about how, Howard and Paul have said he is very good, So I think his potential is off the Charts. But at the same time, He could be held back by his Knee.

So he could be great or a Bust.

Only way he can be a bust IMO is if he gets injured or Dies.
I think he is already better than some starters in the League so at least we know he wont be a K. Brown

rapswin98
09-09-2008, 09:32 PM
to early. we haven't seen him play an nba game

rapswin98
09-09-2008, 09:35 PM
#1 draft picks are always overrated

bogdanrom
09-09-2008, 10:09 PM
So far none.

Mallpha
09-10-2008, 03:18 AM
I think he got the potential to be all-start caliber player he got amazing athleticism his fast and bigger than most pg's think he got some serious lacks when its about midrange and out side shooting.

He reminds me a lot of Steve Francis, he seams to be able to get to the basket pretty much at will. I would say that if injuries wont limit his athleticism, speed on witch he strongly relies and he will work hard he have a solid chance to be a top poing guard in the future.

bigmac8675
09-10-2008, 04:03 AM
I think he will be a stud... at worst he will be a good above average starter.

_Sn1P3r_
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM

Haha are you also referring to Bargs on this statement?

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Stud

blams
09-24-2008, 03:51 AM
well him being the number 1 pick and being the future of the bulls i have to say i expect him to at least play at a ROTY level this year, then 3 more years i expect him to take the chris paul and deron route. I don't expect him to be INSTANT, but since he's really the only good player on the team beside deng, i expect him to do something like this this year...

PPG 12 points
AST 8 or 9
steals almost 2

something like this for his rookie season...

and i only made this thread now about him because i was referring to how he did in collage and stuff. i know it's early but how good do you think he will be looking at how good or bad he did in collage...

um just so you know, the bulls had made the playoffs in 3 consecutive years, and this year was clearly just...messed up.

they have, bg7, kirk, nocioni, hughes can be good when used right, deng, tt, and other role player types.

and just so you know.... the stats you listed for rose are amazing for a no.1 pg...

Vinny642
09-24-2008, 01:02 PM
i predict stud but finishing second place for the R.O.Y.

Bambino
11-08-2008, 01:41 PM
So far the guy looks like he will be a stud at the pro level. He's been pretty impressive so far, and will only get better.

BAM

DreamShaker
11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Yeah I saw this thread and then realized it was from September....Rose has looked pretty dang good so far....he hasn't really shown that he can be a high assist guy but that will come in time....looks very NBA ready as do Mayo, Love, and Beasley....

CB30
11-08-2008, 02:49 PM
lol way to early

ShaunRiching9
11-08-2008, 02:50 PM
its too early to say, but hes playing really good so far.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I envision him becoming a 22/8 player, who is a top defender at the point position.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2008, 02:58 PM

totally. LeBron, Shaq, and Duncan for example are so overrated

I Am Awesome-O
11-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I've said it all along, Rose will be totally brilliant.

superkegger
11-08-2008, 03:06 PM
He's looked like the best player on the Bulls thus far, which I'm not sure is a good thing...

chicagowhitesox
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
yeah 17.8 and 4.5 so far and he's probably going to be a bust. right. he's shooting great percentages, getting steals, and has a solid assist/turnover ratio. he's excelling in every facet. bayless is shooting 16.7% from the floor. but you're right. he's probably better.
:pity:

b_rad23
11-08-2008, 03:13 PM

Lebron is.

DreamShaker
11-08-2008, 03:27 PM

You forgot Hakeem, Oscar, Magic, Kareem, and Iverson...

CHRISDODGERS
11-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I think he will be very studly...

kinda reminds me of Chauncy Billups...

Badluck33
11-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I think he will be a stud.

thats my opinion and i'm stupid.

however not as stupid as this thread.

scrumptiousduck
11-08-2008, 03:39 PM
woah there has been what 5 games and your already judging him kobe barley played his rookie year what are you thinking

LAKERS 24/7
11-08-2008, 03:40 PM
stud. he will become a high assist guy in time, he had 9 in first nba game.

$ NyC $
11-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Stud but not Super-star. He'll be an all-star though and you could build a team around him. He's an amazing slasher and got good passing skills. I could see him averaging 24 ppg 7 apg 4 rpg 1.3 spg...He's athletic enough to do it.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Lebron is.

Really? I have never seen a 23 year old who is a 30-7-7 player. Have you? Don't be jealous because he is better than Wade.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2008, 03:55 PM
You forgot Hakeem, Oscar, Magic, Kareem, and Iverson...

there are a bunch, I was just trying to prove a point. Sure there are a lot of busts, but many #1 picks are total studs

DamnGoat
11-08-2008, 03:58 PM
He's looked like the best player on the Bulls thus far, which I'm not sure is a good thing...
:laugh2:

Explain to me how that's a bad thing?

The Bulls are clearly in full rebuild mode and Rose is the face of the Franchise now. He was expected to be good, maybe not this good right away though.

Mr. Fluffi
11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
:laugh2:

Explain to me how that's a bad thing?

The Bulls are clearly in full rebuild mode and Rose is the face of the Franchise now. He was expected to be good, maybe not this good right away though.

It's good for rose, but it doesn't make the rest of the bulls look very well :D

BkOriginalOne
11-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Way too early to tell, but definitely not a bust. Thats just stupid. Rookie Point guards always have a tough time adjusting, especially number 1 draft pick, starting point guards.
I can see his numbers stabalize by january, feburary. Rookie season.
16ppg, 7apg, 4rpg 1.2spg. Thats not a bust, because it will develop as his career goes on.

Kyben36
11-08-2008, 04:21 PM
IDK Guys, HE is pretty special. even if he is a 15 and 6 guy he is not a bust. You want to talk about a bust. Barganani and Brown Are Busts. Oden could be a bust as well pending injuries. in fact, anyone could be a bust. look at Channing Frye. he was Gr8. Got injured, and sucks now.

Soto>Norris
11-08-2008, 04:32 PM
will DEFINITELY be a super star. One of the few guys in the NBA who can slash to the hoop whenever he wants to. Crazy agility, quickness, and strength, along with the fact that hes a great passer, and an unbelievable leader.

thawv
11-08-2008, 04:53 PM

You are going to be very wrong on this one. Easy ROY winner. I don't know how much Bulls ball you watch, but if you still think he's going to be a bust, you need your head examined.

You spoke waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early.

Faneik
11-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Definitelly a Stud.

He has size, quickness, strenght, explosiveness, athleticism, unselfishness and the most important of all, an excellent mind-set....

He needs to develop some range and maybe his playmaking ability.

MiamiHeat
11-08-2008, 05:05 PM
he's playin like a 2 guard right now
but has been playing amazing :clap:

Draco
11-08-2008, 05:23 PM
He does dish out some nice passes but they don't always go on record.. one of the commentators in yesterdays game pointed out a nice lob pass that Noah failed to get up for in time. Obviously I'd agree over time the players will get used to playing with each other but we still need that Boozer-like low post option.

torontosports10
11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I havent seen him play yet but from what i hear/read it says he is gonna be damn good. The Bulls really need to get a Big man to complement him and Deng to get back on track then they will be a top team.

thapharcyd
11-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Yeah he will be an eventual all-star.

airjesus50
11-08-2008, 05:55 PM
He's going to be a superstar player... He's a stud and will probably be the rookie of the year period...

JordansBulls
11-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Looks like he will be a star soon enough.

Iodine
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
He's a bust if you still think he's gonna be the next CP3 and Deron
he's already had two one assist games CP3 had none in his rookie season
some games his shot to assist ratio was 10 to 1(if you say his teamates suck look at CP3's teamates as a rookie. and then again isnt he passing to the same guys kirk the backup hinrich has been passing to even though he has gotten at least 3 in all his games?)
Over a three game stretch rose had 50 shot attemps, 5 assists, and 8 turnovers.

I see rose as a quicker tony parker minus but not a french terrorist or a vagina(just for you josh) he is a good scorer and fast as hell but not a playmaker.

Oh and his grammer is Lebron esque
There ain't no time to wait. When you get the opportunity, you've got to take it. They don't waste no time when they come out. They mean business."

MGB
11-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Iodine, have you watched any of his games, or just read the stats? I'm going with the latter, since if you had watched him play, you'd see he absolutely is a playmaker. When he drives the lane, he either gets off a good shot or gets guys open looks.

Also, he didn't truely play PG until his Fresh year at Memphis (last year)... prior to that (HS) he was more of a pure scorer. Give him some time, he sees passing lanes others don't, and gets guys great looks. I always saw him as more of a Dwyane Wade-Deron Williams hybrid than a straight pure PG.

Lakers4ItAll
11-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Stud forsure, he's already taken over as the teams leader.

chisox..YES!
11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
I havent seen him play yet but from what i hear/read it says he is gonna be damn good. The Bulls really need to get a Big man to complement him and Deng to get back on track then they will be a top team.

Agreed.

And Iodine your ridiculous. Look at all his other games.

Sports Illustrator
11-09-2008, 12:10 AM
I think Derrick Rose will certainly be a stud based on his performance and potential. Sometimes it takes certain guys longer to develop in the NBA than others and it looks like it may take Derrick Rose a bit longer. I could not see him being a bust, if he looked like he was going to be a bust then the Bulls management wouldn't have decided on starting him every game right at the start of his rookie career.

Draco
11-09-2008, 12:24 AM
He's a bust if you still think he's gonna be the next CP3 and Deron
he's already had two one assist games CP3 had none in his rookie season
some games his shot to assist ratio was 10 to 1(if you say his teamates suck look at CP3's teamates as a rookie. and then again isnt he passing to the same guys kirk the backup hinrich has been passing to even though he has gotten at least 3 in all his games?)
Over a three game stretch rose had 50 shot attemps, 5 assists, and 8 turnovers.

I see rose as a quicker tony parker minus but not a french terrorist or a vagina(just for you josh) he is a good scorer and fast as hell but not a playmaker.

Oh and his grammer is Lebron esque
There ain't no time to wait. When you get the opportunity, you've got to take it. They don't waste no time when they come out. They mean business."

Another great use of statistics...

Rose having two one assist games in his first 7 predicts that he won't be as good as CP3 or better because CP3 didn't have any one assist games in his rookie year? Wow, that's complete BS. It's not that I'm offended because I'm a Bull's fan.. it's just sloppy thinking.

Draco
11-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Iodine, have you watched any of his games, or just read the stats? I'm going with the latter, since if you had watched him play, you'd see he absolutely is a playmaker. When he drives the lane, he either gets off a good shot or gets guys open looks.

Also, he didn't truely play PG until his Fresh year at Memphis (last year)... prior to that (HS) he was more of a pure scorer. Give him some time, he sees passing lanes others don't, and gets guys great looks. I always saw him as more of a Dwyane Wade-Deron Williams hybrid than a straight pure PG.

I was thinking the same thing.. another PSD stat freak.

BullsNumber1Fan
11-09-2008, 12:42 AM
Way too early to tell, but definitely not a bust. Thats just stupid. Rookie Point guards always have a tough time adjusting, especially number 1 draft pick, starting point guards.
I can see his numbers stabalize by january, feburary. Rookie season.
16ppg, 7apg, 4rpg 1.2spg. Thats not a bust, because it will develop as his career goes on.

Those were CP3 numbers in his rookie season. So I guess he will be like Chris Paul!:p

LakerzDQ
11-09-2008, 01:28 AM
derrick rose is doing very well so far.
he's averaging about: 17.5 ppg, 5.1 apg, 4 rpg, 1.2 spg, playing 37 minutes.

the assist numbers should go up, I see potential in his playmaking abilities. he's had two 9-assist games, and some 6 and 7 assist games as well.
it's just that his teammates aren't hitting their shots consistently.

so far, he's looking like a stud in the NBA. he's shooting a very good percentage for a rookie as well.

so far, this season's rookies are doing better than last season's. Rose, Beasley, Gasol, Fernandez are all doing well.

xxdc2tegxx
11-09-2008, 05:00 AM
so far so good for rose....

imagine rose's game with a okur/boozer or a chandler/west combo. With an improvement on his jump shot theres no disadvantage he'llave to paul or dwill

blams
11-09-2008, 05:12 AM
looks like a lot of guys are jealous, and therefore predicting he will not be a stud.

:pity:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-09-2008, 05:24 AM
this thread must have been made a while ago...

rico
11-09-2008, 05:46 AM
hehe silly naysayers ;p

DwAyNe_WaDe
11-09-2008, 06:41 AM
So far he has played great. He is probably top 3 most explosive guards right now, if he could work on his 3 pointer, he could be top 5 point in a couple years:D

Fans in Asia
11-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Too early to say but so far Rose is very impressive as a rookie playing in a PG position.

Another Jazz Fans in Asia
http://jazzfansinasia.blogspot.com

rosesbulls
11-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Stud but not Super-star. He'll be an all-star though and you could build a team around him. He's an amazing slasher and got good passing skills. I could see him averaging 24 ppg 7 apg 4 rpg 1.3 spg...He's athletic enough to do it.

24 ppg 7apg 4rpg and 1.3 spg isnt superstar?:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
11-09-2008, 02:41 PM
24 ppg 7apg 4rpg and 1.3 spg isnt superstar?:eyebrow:

Zach Randolph averaged 24 and 10 one year, but I highly doubt people considered that a superstar.

$ NyC $
11-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks Jordansbulls

How many people throughout the years have put up numbers similar to those, and have been in the All-Star game that we just don't remember or know much about?

$ NyC $
11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
BTW to me a superstar is someone known around the world. Every1 knows MJ every1 knows Magic every1 knows Kareem and Kobe.

rosesbulls
11-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Zach Randolph averaged 24 and 10 one year, but I highly doubt people considered that a superstar.

the year zack Randolph averaged 24/10 it was on a portland team with no offense and he had less then half a block a game and played no defense while rose does hustle on defense rose scoring 24/7/4 are super star numbers unless you dont consider Dwayne Wade a superstar because Dwayne Wade's career numbers are 24/6.5/5/1.8 which are scary close to 24/7/4/1.3

KH12
11-09-2008, 03:38 PM
So far he has played great. He is probably top 3 most explosive guards right now, if he could work on his 3 pointer, he could be top 5 point in a couple years:D

How do you have a superstar as your screen name here and spell his name wrong?

Hawkeye15
11-09-2008, 03:44 PM
He will be Marbury without the crazy. He has the potential to push Paul and Williams for best PG in the NBA

Cavs_Fan24
11-09-2008, 04:11 PM
How can you say he's gonna be a bust after he's completely ripped up the competition in every game he's played so far? It is too early to tell but c'mon, have you really seen this guy play at all?

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-09-2008, 04:55 PM
How can you say he's gonna be a bust after he's completely ripped up the competition in every game he's played so far? It is too early to tell but c'mon, have you really seen this guy play at all?

If you notice the original date the poster started the thread, it was before the season started. September 9 to be exact. I think he was basing it off college and summer league.

EddieB
11-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Stud

canzano55
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Tremendous athlete and great quickness but he can't shoot for ****.

Assuming he has the work ethic to become a great player then its only a matter of time but we'll see.

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Rose will be Marbury (not the Isiah infected one)

Jimmy3702
11-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Stud the guy is awesome already nothing going to stop him.

Zefflin
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM
but he can't shoot for ****.

Nah I actually think he has a pretty solid J and underrated range with it. He'll be a super stud if he can stop being so erratic and try to do too much.

Draco
11-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Tremendous athlete and great quickness but he can't shoot for ****.

Assuming he has the work ethic to become a great player then its only a matter of time but we'll see.

No clue what games you've been watching but that's incorrect. I remember reading some college draft analysis that mentioned something about poor shooting but from what I've seen in his NBA games.. he can definately shoot.

Cavs_Fan24
11-09-2008, 06:56 PM
If you notice the original date the poster started the thread, it was before the season started. September 9 to be exact. I think he was basing it off college and summer league.

Yeh i know. I've realized. I was just adding on:)

BoSox47
11-09-2008, 06:59 PM
stud enough said. Hes quick and strong to the hoop. Made rondo look bad when they faced him on a few plays and its jsut his first few games in the league give him some time to develop and you will be amazed

DwAyNe_WaDe
11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Nah I actually think he has a pretty solid J and underrated range with it. He'll be a super stud if he can stop being so erratic and try to do too much.

Right now he doesnt have a good jumper but that is somehting a player can devolp.:D

Zefflin
11-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Right now he doesnt have a good jumper

Your judgment is flat out incorrect. And of coarse any player can develop a better jumper throughout their career. But saying he doesn't have a good jumper right now based on 5 games is plain ol' wrong.

BullsFan_1
11-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Your judgment is flat out incorrect. And of coarse any player can develop a better jumper throughout their career. But saying he doesn't have a good jumper right now based on 5 games is plain ol' wrong.

He doesnt have a good jumper, though.

That's really his biggest weakness right now...he's great in just about every other aspect.

Zefflin
11-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Nah I actually think he has a pretty solid J and underrated range with it.

For the last time. To any other Bulls fans.

arlubas
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
No clue what games you've been watching but that's incorrect. I remember reading some college draft analysis that mentioned something about poor shooting but from what I've seen in his NBA games.. he can definately shoot.

Being a guy that was been watching him since his HS days let me tell you that Rose has range on his shot but he is very streaky with it. Sure when he's on he can light it up for you but his shooting is his biggest weakness so far. Always has been really but that isn't to say his J isn't a solid one, just not up to track with his other abilities.

Zefflin
11-09-2008, 08:37 PM
^^

ding ding ding

Hawkeye15
11-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Rose will be Marbury (not the Isiah infected one)

Marbury's problems come from within. Biggest waste of talent in a long time. Rose is very comparable physically. But he isn't a complete nut like Starbury

thawv
04-27-2009, 08:35 AM
You are going to be very wrong on this one. Easy ROY winner. I don't know how much Bulls ball you watch, but if you still think he's going to be a bust, you need your head examined.

You spoke waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

JMan17. This is my post to you from Nov 8, 2008. Do you still think he is going to be a bust? And, would you still rather have Bayless? And, yes.............he was the easy ROY winner.

Super.
04-27-2009, 08:45 AM
Celtics fan here

Rose = STUD

JJ81
04-27-2009, 09:14 AM
He's clearly not a bust.

Cubbiefan8
04-27-2009, 09:20 AM
He will be the face of the Bulls for years to come. He can drive and score and he can find his open teammates. I think the only thing he needs to work on is his outside shot. Once he develops that, he will be pretty good.

Duncan = Donkey
04-27-2009, 09:23 AM
lol, who brings threads like this back???

Turtle55
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
I was wondering what kind of moron would create a thread like this after such an incredible season. It makes much more sense now that I see it was created in September.

JordansBulls
04-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Guess we can confirm he isn't a bust now.

ProdigyI
04-27-2009, 10:51 AM
I guess people can look back on this thread and realize the complete idiots who said rose was going to be a bust back in september:)

MPScribbles
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I think it's great that this thread was brought back so that everyone can now tell the guy that started it what a moron he is. Bayless? That guy got 12 minutes a game in Portland and shot like 36%. Rose took a lottery team to the playoffs despite the garbage that they had on their roster to begin the year(mostly Hughes) and is now in one of the most exciting playoff series in a long time against the defending champs. He had one of the most amazing breakout games to start the playoffs and is obviously going to be a monster for years to come.

Rose>>>>>>Entire 09 draft class

phila_gorilla
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Hope you've got some ketchup or bbq sauce to eat those words.

29$JerZ
04-27-2009, 11:12 AM
The creator of this thread is banned :laugh:

cubfan23
04-27-2009, 11:18 AM
it kills me when they give D-Rose the space up top where he could easily launch a 3pter. I know that's not his style he's more of the disher and driver but still, if Brad Miller could a few 3's so can D-Rose lol

chin chukwu
04-27-2009, 11:45 AM
derrick rose?....a bust? are you kidding me. i can assure everyone in this post of two things:

1. derrick rose WILL NOT (IS NOT) A BUST (has anyone been watching the celtics/bulls
series?)

2. derrick rose WILL NOT (IS NOT) average. (has anyone been watching this kid play?)

in a tense game yesterday the kid damn near had a triple-double. there are two things i think he has to improve: 1. his defense (he has good defensive instincts, but seems to take plays off here and there). 2. his turnorvers (this will improve with experience).
right now he's a top 5 PG...NO QUESTION.

azkarraga
04-27-2009, 12:13 PM
Bayless??? over rose??? all yours mate

ProdigyI
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
derrick rose?....a bust? are you kidding me. i can assure everyone in this post of two things:

1. derrick rose WILL NOT (IS NOT) A BUST (has anyone been watching the celtics/bulls
series?)

2. derrick rose WILL NOT (IS NOT) average. (has anyone been watching this kid play?)

in a tense game yesterday the kid damn near had a triple-double. there are two things i think he has to improve: 1. his defense (he has good defensive instincts, but seems to take plays off here and there). 2. his turnorvers (this will improve with experience).
right now he's a top 5 PG...NO QUESTION.

dude relax....this thread was made before the NBA season even started

Chi-Town Finest
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
dude relax....this thread was made before the NBA season even started
Thought so.

PennyMy#1
04-27-2009, 02:13 PM
He already is a stud. Chicago's all-star next year ... nothing more to say.

CityofTreez
04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Is this a joke?

superkegger
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
I think it's great that this thread was brought back so that everyone can now tell the guy that started it what a moron he is. Bayless? That guy got 12 minutes a game in Portland and shot like 36%. Rose took a lottery team to the playoffs despite the garbage that they had on their roster to begin the year(mostly Hughes) and is now in one of the most exciting playoff series in a long time against the defending champs. He had one of the most amazing breakout games to start the playoffs and is obviously going to be a monster for years to come.

Rose>>>>>>Entire 09 draft class

Um, Rose didn't have a garbage roster, the year before that team won 50 games if i recall correctly. Not a garbage roster at all. Not saying Rose isn't a stud, but you're overstating what he's done.

IndyRealist
04-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Um, Rose didn't have a garbage roster, the year before that team won 50 games if i recall correctly. Not a garbage roster at all. Not saying Rose isn't a stud, but you're overstating what he's done.

In '06-'07 they were a 49 win team, in '07-'08 they won 33. With an injured Deng this year, they were pretty much a garbage team before they traded off Hughes and Nocioni, and landed Salmons and Miller.

But the previous post was definitely overstating, since the Celtics are without KG. With Garnett in the lineup, Chicago gets blown out of the water.

saritasbora
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
OK please delete this thread. It looks so funny now.

D Roses Bulls
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
anyone who has not watched derrick rose play all 82 games should stfu. this guy will be a stud. his pace already is better then chris pauls was his rookie season and guided this team to the playoffs. the celtics are practically focusing their defense to stopping him. anyone who votes bust should have their brain checked out and should NEVER watch basketball again.

ProdigyI
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
^Again, this is an old thread from before the season started

Lock thread.

TragicallyHip
04-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Stud... I can see Rose and Rondo squaring off for many years to come.

cubfan23
04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
i know please people read when this thread was made my god!!

abe_froman
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
i know please people read when this thread was made my god!!

thats too much to ask,especially when you get yourself all worked out and outraged over something

_Supreme_
04-27-2009, 05:11 PM
he was the easy ROY winner.

He shouldn't have been though.

The NBA's/Bulls/media big-market marketing machine did it's job though and went for the easy, jersey selling pick over the more deserving small-market guys like Eric Gordon, Westbrook, and Lopez (who is not small-market obviously but still at least equally deserving).

But whatever that's what the NBA is all about these days: $$$$$$$$$$.

abe_froman
04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
He shouldn't have been though.

The NBA's/Bulls/media big-market marketing machine did it's job though and went for the easy, jersey selling pick over the more deserving small-market guys like Eric Gordon, Westbrook, and Lopez (who is not small-market obviously but still at least equally deserving).

But whatever that's what the NBA is all about these days: $$$$$$$$$$.

how are they more deserving?

i can see maybe lopez,you can have an argument there.but gordon and westbrook??...rose beats them in most statistical categories+lead his team to playoffs

bbcmillionaire
04-27-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah close thread. its obvious he is a superstar. lol the guy that made this thread needs to be banned lol

nik.jd.aitken
04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
yeah close thread. its obvious he is a superstar. lol the guy that made this thread needs to be banned lol

He did make it September to be fair.

Steve Kerr
04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Rose is rookie of the year and playing better then most veterans are in the playoffs. You can not call this kid a bust. WTF?

Jabears85
04-27-2009, 06:15 PM

Why would you rather have Bayless when he doesnt even start over STEVE BLAKE, whos no were nearing being an all-star PG. The only thing rose doesnt have to his game is a 3, and once he gets that mark my words, when its all said and done. He'll be one of the top 3 PGs to ever play the game

abe_froman
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
do you guys not have the ability to read dates..:pity:

scandaless2
04-27-2009, 06:26 PM

JMan17. This is my post to you from Nov 8, 2008. Do you still think he is going to be a bust? And, would you still rather have Bayless? And, yes.............he was the easy ROY winner.

look what u started ..... ppl think this thread was just started today.... this thread should have been closed after the season was over

post #124

blah-blah
04-27-2009, 06:48 PM

have you been under a rock all year!! wow he is a superstar in the making and already is one of the premier point guards in this league i say hes in my top 10 pgs

MPScribbles
04-28-2009, 09:43 AM

You are right, kinda. I didn't say the entire roster was garbage. Actually I even made note of exactly who I was talking about. Beyond that, though, I didn't even mention the fact that this wonderful season by Rose was done under a rookie head coach in a season where Rose was our only full-time starter all season. The kid had a really great season despite drama-Hughes, line up tinkering-VDN, injuries to others- Deng/Hinrich. There was plenty of garbage this season.

king4day
04-28-2009, 10:11 AM

He made the prediction in September. Months before the season started. He's free to have his opinion. It's not like he said this mid-season.
Talk about trying to pick a fight. :pity:

masalex1205
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Can somebody please close this thread? I looked at this two days ago and was kind of weirded out until I saw the date of its creation.

aNYer
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
it is funny to see though. There will always be jock riders and detractors to everything but there are very few people who didn't see Rose turning into a star, at least that I know.

WSU Tony
04-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Why does it have to be stud OR bust? You realize he'll likely end up somewhere in between, right?

Ni55anpat
04-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Mvpppppppppppppppppppppppp

Kabowdos
04-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Close

LA_Raiders
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
WTF is this boy talking about? Rose is and will be great...

MrBloop
04-28-2009, 01:17 PM

:bla::bla::bla::box: (You need to get Blooped for that one somethin serious)

I wonder what your thoughts on Kevin Love are based on your "Rose Logic". You must project him to be a the next Sir Charles.

He's my Lotto bust pick when its all said and done. wink wink ;)

ink
04-28-2009, 01:23 PM

You're talking about Derrick Rose, the guy who just won the ROY right? Not some other Derrick Rose???? :cool:

The thread is kind of lame considering ...

PackCrewBuckBad
04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
You're talking about Derrick Rose, the guy who just won the ROY right? Not some other Derrick Rose???? :cool:

The thread is kind of lame considering ...

this thread should be closed...

kind of lame to keep talking about it considering he made it in SEPTERMBER....

Badluck33
04-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Rose was only Rookie of the Year and lead the Bulls to the playoffs to have a competitive series against the reigning NBA champions Boston Celtics???

Thats it?!?!?!

TOTAL BUST!

ink
04-28-2009, 01:37 PM
this thread should be closed...

Kind of lame to keep talking about it considering he made it in septermber....

ok.