PDA

View Full Version : 1 amazing season

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Okay we all know that Chris Paul was having great play and good averages prior to last season. If im not wrong he was averaging like 8 assists already. However, nobody was really a huge CP3 fan until this year. His name was never mentioned in the elites often if at all. Do you think he is overrated after having one stellar year? Can he sustain it through his career or even improve? I'm honestly sceptical because his numbers became super inflated super quickly and because IMO Deron williams outplayed him in the olympics. D-will had so many highlights and broke the defenses down and got to the line a lot too. i didnt see that from chris paul even though their averages are similar. Now Cp3 has a realy nice sized extension(idk if that'll limit his motivation like it has some, but we all know about contract years) and everyone has such huge expectations and puts him on such an otherworldly god-like status, can he live up to last season and his new hype?
and dnt get me wrong. im a huge cp3 fan myself. he came from north carolina which is my home from home. he is outstasnding offensively and defensively too being able to stealfrom anyone anytime. but im just not a quick to compare him w isaih and stockton and give him a hall of fame pass yet like sooo many have done

Tblaze
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
I think cp3 his success is also helped by having chandler on the team, they complement eachother perfectly... on the USA team he didn't have that type of a player that might be the reason he didn't do great there.

I think he's a fantastic player and isn't overrated at all... him and williams are clearly the future at pg

Tom81
09-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I think cp3 his success is also helped by having chandler on the team, they complement eachother perfectly... on the USA team he didn't have that type of a player that might be the reason he didn't do great there.

I think he's a fantastic player and isn't overrated at all... him and williams are clearly the future at pg

agreed

SHONIE
09-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that CP3 is elite.

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 12:25 PM

you bring up good points, which is also work against you in a way. the fact that chandler helps his numbers and digging further the fact that the offense is tailor made to highlight him. i wonder what would change if he was in a different system or a more slowed tempo. how would his numbers change if he played for chicago, san antonio, or detroit? chandler is a lot like d-12. a guy who can board, play d, and is athletic but doesnt need the ball. what if chandler was replaced. i love his game but people act as if he has no flaws and after 1 year he is already teh best in the league unanimously. Even, i think he is the best and I can't find any flaws in his game. however, it just doesnt seem real to happen this fast and be possible to have it last. Do you feel he can improve on his numbers?

$ NyC $
09-09-2008, 12:40 PM
well, offensively his ppg can improve, and with time he will become better at reading offenses and defenses so his Awareness should rise which could mean more steals/ppg/assists...i think he can improve but only so much..i mean if he keeps improving at this rate he's gonna eventually average like 28 ppg 6 rpg 15 aspg 3 spg loll

Tblaze
09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
you bring up good points, which is also work against you in a way. the fact that chandler helps his numbers and digging further the fact that the offense is tailor made to highlight him. i wonder what would change if he was in a different system or a more slowed tempo. how would his numbers change if he played for chicago, san antonio, or detroit? chandler is a lot like d-12. a guy who can board, play d, and is athletic but doesnt need the ball. what if chandler was replaced. i love his game but people act as if he has no flaws and after 1 year he is already teh best in the league unanimously. Even, i think he is the best and I can't find any flaws in his game. however, it just doesnt seem real to happen this fast and be possible to have it last. Do you feel he can improve on his numbers?

what they did in New Orleans is put the perfect combo of a center that fits his style, and shooters around him.. they put a team together that would work, that's why it looks like there's no flaws to his game. When basicly they just use his potential as much as possible. I meen a player like Marbury could still do great when put in the right system, but right now he doesn't have much value left anymore... I think when Paul would play in a team like the spurs I think he would seem a bit less impressive as right now.

Joshtd1
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Chris Paul would work on any team. He is already a great pick and roll player. He would also work great in a run and gun type offense due to his speed and great vision.

No way is he overrated IMO, to me he is the #1 PG in the NBA.

Also you mention he was never mentioned..well he had a great rookie year, but during his 2nd year he got injured and had to miss a lot of the season...and thats when Deron Williams came in and made some noise, so I'm sure that hurt Paul a bit.

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
well, offensively his ppg can improve, and with time he will become better at reading offenses and defenses so his Awareness should rise which could mean more steals/ppg/assists...i think he can improve but only so much..i mean if he keeps improving at this rate he's gonna eventually average like 28 ppg 6 rpg 15 aspg 3 spg loll

where would that stat line rank him on the all time list?

Ansy
09-09-2008, 03:20 PM

I wouldn't assume he's going to improve just because he's young. People said the same stuff about Isiah Thomas after his 22/13 season when he was 23. His stats only went down over time.

2009odom2009
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
chris paul is to me an all star for this season that jus passed. i really dont know what hes capable of in the future or if he can improve or even do what he did last year. i remember guys like penny hardaway who looked ready to take the world on and one injury killed them. i personally do not like chris paul because when it was his time to prove he was the mvp...he played the lakers and kobe completely outplayed him. if he truly was determined to prove hes the best and get the hornets the 1st seed he would of took it to kobe more than ever....its like allen iverson he has agreat career...but when its time to put up or shutup he always fell in the finals...playoffs...an mvp or good season means nothing if at the end like vince carter you have no titles or mvps you played your heart out for nothing....and you have no creditionals....i wish the best to cp3 but i dont think he will repeat with sucha good season like last yr.....

SensandRaps
09-09-2008, 03:45 PM
no he is not overated he has earned his status among the elite

Hawkeye15
09-09-2008, 04:15 PM
????? The second highest PER for a rookie PG ever behind Magic. 17-9-4-2.5 stls in 2nd year. This guy has been arguably the best point guard over the last 3 years combined. He has been a complete stud since minute 1, rookie season

ShaunRiching9
09-09-2008, 04:33 PM
ONE GOOD YEAR are you kidding me he won rookie of the year then improved his 2nd and 3rd season he is far from overrated

cmellofan15
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
IMO Nash is #1 PG in the NBA

Vinny642
09-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Okay we all know that Chris Paul was having great play and good averages prior to last season. If im not wrong he was averaging like 8 assists already. However, nobody was really a huge CP3 fan until this year. His name was never mentioned in the elites often if at all. Do you think he is overrated after having one stellar year? Can he sustain it through his career or even improve? I'm honestly sceptical because his numbers became super inflated super quickly and because IMO Deron williams outplayed him in the olympics. D-will had so many highlights and broke the defenses down and got to the line a lot too. i didnt see that from chris paul even though their averages are similar. Now Cp3 has a realy nice sized extension(idk if that'll limit his motivation like it has some, but we all know about contract years) and everyone has such huge expectations and puts him on such an otherworldly god-like status, can he live up to last season and his new hype?
and dnt get me wrong. im a huge cp3 fan myself. he came from north carolina which is my home from home. he is outstasnding offensively and defensively too being able to stealfrom anyone anytime. but im just not a quick to compare him w isaih and stockton and give him a hall of fame pass yet like sooo many have done

I have always been a Cp3 fan..... dude STFU man his second season he was injured for like half the season, Just ****ing watch this year. Skeptical my *** man...

Vinny642
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
after u said u were skeptical i stopped reading,,,, but u need to realize they are comparing bynum to shaq already and bynum didnt prove nothing, also they compare D Rose to d will and cp3