PDA

View Full Version : Hawks, Rockets and Blazers Trade

blackjack_119
09-09-2008, 05:57 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2016~2797~682~2795~976~2834&teams=10~10~1~1~22~1&te=&cash=

Portland Receives:
Shane Battier

Portland gets the veteran presence it so desperately needs in Shane Battier. Losing Pryzbilla hurts defensively, but Aldridge, Frye and even LaFrentz can help fill the void at backup center. Losing the draft pick is not a big deal for Portland. The last thing the Blazers need is another rookie prospect. Pairing down the roster also gives more minutes to Rudy Fernandez, Frye, Outlaw and Diogu.

Atlanta Receives:
Joel Pryzbilla
Martell Webster
Chuck Hayes
Portland's 2009 1st Round Pick

Atlanta finally gets the defensive center that it needs to be a real threat in the Eastern Conference. Webster gives the Hawks a 3pt shooter off the bench and Chuck Hayes can fill in minutes at backup PF. Losing Marvin Williams hurts, but he is stuck behind Horford and Josh Smith meaning the team will likely lose him as a RFA. Getting a starting Center a wing and a first round pick may be the best they can hope for.

Houston Recieves:
Marvin Williams
Zaza Pachulia

Pachulia gives the team much needed depth at Center which is necessary for a playoff run in the Western Conference. Williams is a more than adequate replacement for Shane Battier and if he has a break out season, could replace Ron Artest at SF next season if Houston chooses to match Williams' offer sheet.

Portland:
PG: Steve Blake/Jerryd Bayless
SG: Brandon Roy/Rudy Fernandez
SF: Shane Battier/Travis Outlaw
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge/Ike Diogu
C: Greg Oden/Channing Frye

Houston:
PG: Rafer Alston/Aaron Brooks
SG: Tracy McGrady/Luther Head
SF: Ron Artest/Brent Barry
PF: Luis Scola/Marvin Williams
C: Yao Ming/Zaza Pachulia

Atlanta:
PG: Mike Bibby/Acie Law IV
SG: Joe Johnson/Maurice Evans
SF: Josh Smith/Martell Webster
PF: Al Horford/Chuck Hayes
C: Joel Pryzbilla/Randolph Morris
+2009 First Round Pick

29$JerZ
09-09-2008, 11:57 AM
ATl won't trade Marvin yet because they have no Sf's with the departure of Josh childress. Portland I can't see trading their backup Center for Battier unless Oden is a beast this year.

kiznarl
09-09-2008, 05:53 PM
ATl won't trade Marvin yet because they have no Sf's with the departure of Josh childress. Portland I can't see trading their backup Center for Battier unless Oden is a beast this year.

Not the worst trade ive seen and like mentioned I think if we still had chil i would do it. Since losing chil I wouldnt as Evans isnt the player chil was an i also dont rate przybilla that highly and him and pachulia are pretty equal in my view. We dont really want Hayes either we already have 1 overpaid player past his prime in Claxton possibly if we got rid of Speedys contract for Ike Diogu or somone similar I would say yes

blackjack_119
09-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Not the worst trade ive seen and like mentioned I think if we still had chil i would do it. Since losing chil I wouldnt as Evans isnt the player chil was an i also dont rate przybilla that highly and him and pachulia are pretty equal in my view. We dont really want Hayes either we already have 1 overpaid player past his prime in Claxton possibly if we got rid of Speedys contract for Ike Diogu or somone similar I would say yes

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=150~2016~2797~2750~682~2795~97 6~2834&teams=22~10~10~1~1~1~22~22&te=&cash=

Is that about what you were thinking of?

HouRealCoach
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
BAd for Houston