09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Brady Quinn
Dante Culpepper
Bryon Leftwhich
John Beck
Chris Simms
Kurt Warner

what the hells next? drew bledsoe?

I don't want anyone leading this team but tom brady or matt cassel. we dont need to bring in an old washed up QB (culpepper, warner, leftwhich) or other QBs who have done very little in the league (Simms, Beck), or a QB that will be our future when we dont need a future QB right now (Quinn). Even though i dont know how brady will be after this year.

Matt Cassel is our QB, get on the wagon. I am driving it. Matt Cassel will lead the pats to a victory next week against the jets. and he will also lead the pats to be on top of the AFC East.

Dolphins are one of the worst 3-5 teams in the NFL, thats two wins, the jets could barely beat the phins and i highly doubt that the jets are going to do much this year. the bills are the only team in the afc east that scares me and i think their inexperience will end up hurting them. the pats will go 4-2 in afc games this season at worst.

outside their division the play
49ers
chargers
broncos
rams
steelers
seahawks
raiders
cardinals
colts

pats will beat 49ers, rams, seahawks, raiders, cardinals. thats 10 wins, and i think they will steal one from the chargers/broncos/steelers/colts

they will finish 11-5 i think, winning their division.

and they will win it with matt cassel managing the game. the combo backs of maroney/morris will rush pulling in the defense to stack the box allowing moss to get free easier and the same with welker. also the pats coaching staff will help cassel through this not giving him too much to do.

cassel finishes with 20 td 12 picks 3000 yards managing the games.

while matt cassel is my boy, this year belongs to maroney, if he can break out the pats will be fine (better than ever).

sorry for being all over the place, i just want people to stop wanting someone but cassel, while i know i dont have much to support me thinking he will do well besides for one decent game against the cheifs, but he knows the system and bringing veteran guys will just disrupt the team. also the veterans will step up and rally around him and so should we. go cassel!

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 11:51 PM
Brady Quinn
Dante Culpepper
Bryon Leftwhich
John Beck
Chris Simms
Kurt Warner

I don't want anyone leading this team but tom brady or matt cassel. we dont need to bring in an old washed up QB (culpepper, warner, leftwhich) or other QBs who have done very little in the league (Simms, Beck), or a QB that will be our future when we dont need a future QB right now (Quinn). Even though i dont know how brady will be after this year.

Matt Cassel is our QB, get on the wagon. I am driving it. Matt Cassel will lead the pats to a victory next week against the jets. and he will also lead the pats to be on top of the AFC East.

Dolphins are one of the worst 3-5 teams in the NFL, thats two wins, the jets could barely beat the phins and i highly doubt that the jets are going to do much this year. the bills are the only team in the afc east that scares me and i think their inexperience will end up hurting them. the pats will go 4-2 in afc games this season at worst.

49ers
chargers
broncos
rams
steelers
seahawks
raiders
cardinals
colts

pats will beat 49ers, rams, seahawks, raiders, cardinals. thats 10 wins, and i think they will steal one from the chargers/broncos/steelers/colts

and they will win it with matt cassel managing the game. the combo backs of maroney/morris will rush pulling in the defense to stack the box allowing moss to get free easier and the same with welker. also the pats coaching staff will help cassel through this not giving him too much to do.

while matt cassel is my boy, this year belongs to maroney, if he can break out the pats will be fine (better than ever).

sorry for being all over the place, i just want people to wanting someone but cassel, while i know i dont have much to support me thinking he will do well besides for one decent game against the cheifs, but he knows the system and bringing veteran guys will just disrupt the team. also the veterans will step up and rally around him and so should we. go cassel!

I'm excited about Cassel too man. To be fair though, the people who were suggesting replacements are trying to think in the best interest of the team. They weren't great suggestions, but they were trying nonetheless.

Celts22
09-08-2008, 11:53 PM
God I hope your right. I'm not incredibly thrilled that Cassell is leading the team but i also dont want to get someone we're going to throw in the starters position. I honestly just want to ride out this season and see how far we get.

KingJamsI
09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Brady Quinn
Dante Culpepper
Bryon Leftwhich
John Beck
Chris Simms
Kurt Warner

I think Matt Cassel is the undeniable starting in the immediate future, I think most people are thinking more in terms of a backup/failsafe if Cassel struggles.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-09-2008, 12:28 AM
my sig says it all. and its great to see the faith still alive.

ERLynx
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
I call shotgun. Go Cassel.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
I'll be the backseat driver. :D GO CASSEL!!!!!

Crickr
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't have the enthusiam as some of you about Cassel but I do hope that he plays well so for now he is the pats man and ours.

JerseyBrave
09-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I am actually excited to see cassel play, its like when your waiting to see how your #1 draft pick does in his first start, except cassel is a former Mr. Irrelevent

Snydesdale
09-09-2008, 04:06 PM
support for matt cassel will be the biggest thing that makes him play well we have to support him.

cocossox
09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
imo Laurence Marroney MUST step up & take the pressure off him imo thats the only way this will work otherwise they need to be trying to bing someone else in jmo.

Snydesdale
09-09-2008, 04:37 PM
i feel the same way for maroney this is his chance to step up and have a breakout year.

Snydesdale
09-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Maroney needs to stay healthy this year if he does and we run the ball he could have a huge year.

We might have to guys run for 800 yards this year.

Hometeamrivals
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Cassel should not be the next coming of Brady like everyone else is making him out to be. He has not started a game since HIGH SCHOOL.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
It doesn't matter when the last time he started a game was. The team obviously thinks highly of him if he's been here since 2005.

Crickr
09-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Cassel should not be the next coming of Brady like everyone else is making him out to be. He has not started a game since HIGH SCHOOL.

I don't think anyone thinks he will be the next Brady, They just feel that he needs everyones support including us the fans. WE all just want him to play well no big mistakes.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 08:40 PM
He just needs to manage the offense and get the ball to Moss and Welker as much as possible!!!!

kazzy4080
09-09-2008, 09:24 PM
its all bout maroney, if he can have a break out year rush for 1200+ plus yards and another 400-500 from morris, the pats will be in supreme condition all things considering. however if the game will rely on cassel's to out gun anopther QB we will get ****ed. we need maroney to rush a lot, we need a lot of short passes from cassel, and once in a while a bomb to randy moss on a play action or whatever, yeah cassel isnt the second coming of brady but the thing is he doesnt have to be if everyone else steps up and he only has to manage the game

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 10:07 PM
its all bout maroney, if he can have a break out year rush for 1200+ plus yards and another 400-500 from morris, the pats will be in supreme condition all things considering. however if the game will rely on cassel's to out gun anopther QB we will get ****ed. we need maroney to rush a lot, we need a lot of short passes from cassel, and once in a while a bomb to randy moss on a play action or whatever, yeah cassel isnt the second coming of brady but the thing is he doesnt have to be if everyone else steps up and he only has to manage the game

Very True.

Patsfan56
09-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Looking at both considerations mentioend here (Maroney having a break out year and Cassell getting the ball to Moss, Welker, Gaffney, and Faulk), it all comes down to one thing- O line. Cassell will need time, and Maroney will need holes to run through.
So if anyone needs a great year, it is our O-line.

steelcityroller
09-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Alright Pats fans give me a no bull**** answer on these questions.

(1) If Matt Cassel plays the entire season what kind of numbers do you expect and how many games will you win?

Patsfan56
09-10-2008, 05:42 AM
Alright Pats fans give me a no bull**** answer on these questions.

(1) If Matt Cassel plays the entire season what kind of numbers do you expect and how many games will you win?

As I stated in the 2008 schedule thread I see 10-6 or 11-5, with wins over Jets and Miami (sweep), splitting the Buffalo games, and losing to SD, Indy, Pitt, and Denver (and possibly- I shudder to say this- splitting the Jets series).

I think in order for this to happen, Maroney needs to have a year like none other, Morris as well. Moss, Welker, and Faulk out of the backfield will help make it easier on Cassell. But again, as I said before in the other thread, the O-line is the key. And the defense needs to be able to get off the field to give the offense more opportunities to score.

I think this team is too talented not to make it into the post season. I have seen too many people on other threads claim Brady is the only talent on the team. Good. let them underestimate. It is right where the Pats will want to be.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm excited about Cassel too man. To be fair though, the people who were suggesting replacements are trying to think in the best interest of the team. They weren't great suggestions, but they were trying nonetheless.you don't think the jets are going to do much you will be surprised homeboy:confused:

HOZ THE KNICK
09-10-2008, 10:31 AM
As I stated in the 2008 schedule thread I see 10-6 or 11-5, with wins over Jets and Miami (sweep), splitting the Buffalo games, and losing to SD, Indy, Pitt, and Denver (and possibly- I shudder to say this- splitting the Jets series).

I think in order for this to happen, Maroney needs to have a year like none other, Morris as well. Moss, Welker, and Faulk out of the backfield will help make it easier on Cassell. But again, as I said before in the other thread, the O-line is the key. And the defense needs to be able to get off the field to give the offense more opportunities to score.

I think this team is too talented not to make it into the post season. I have seen too many people on other threads claim Brady is the only talent on the team. Good. let them underestimate. It is right where the Pats will want to be.patriots is going to sweep the jets that shyt is so funny i guess yar didn't learn a lesson from the last ny team that kick yar azz....

ERLynx
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
patriots is going to sweep the jets that shyt is so funny i guess yar didn't learn a lesson from the last ny team that kick yar azz....

You mean the other NY team? Not yours? Last I checked, the Jets haven't beaten the Pats in awhile, "homeboy".

BTownTeamsRKing
09-10-2008, 11:41 AM
patriots is going to sweep the jets that shyt is so funny i guess yar didn't learn a lesson from the last ny team that kick yar azz....

this comming from a bandwagon giants fan who jumped back to the jets when they got favre.

u do realize the jets barely beat the dolphins by 6 points. and that 6 was a 4th and long prayer heave. i wouldnt feel so great that pennington almost drove the length of the field the way Delhomme did vs. SD and almost shattered Favre's jets debut.

just to remind u. Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Mayo, Bruschi, Harrison, AD, Vrabel, Moss, Welker, Maroney, and the rest of the team are still there.

and just to throw more fuel on the fire, BB suckered that idiot mangini into taking Gohlston!!!!!

Mayo is the REAL DEAL. hes already the leader of our LBs and played the most on sunday.

dont u love rivalries?

HOZ THE KNICK
09-10-2008, 11:45 AM
this comming from a bandwagon giants fan who jumped back to the jets when they got favre.

u do realize the jets barely beat the dolphins by 6 points. and that 6 was a 4th and long prayer heave. i wouldnt feel so great that pennington almost drove the length of the field the way Delhomme did vs. SD and almost shattered Favre's jets debut.

just to remind u. Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Mayo, Bruschi, Harrison, AD, Vrabel, Moss, Welker, Maroney, and the rest of the team are still there.

and just to throw more fuel on the fire, BB suckered that idiot mangini into taking Gohlston!!!!!

Mayo is the REAL DEAL. hes already the leader of our LBs and played the most on sunday.

dont u love rivalries?you guys are down playing my team let's play a game first a then revisit these comments don't be so cocky in this league shyt happens and by the way the giants can go to hell i was just making a point that yar always sleeping on people.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 12:33 PM
9-7 at best if Cassel plays like he did Sunday. I just don't understand why they did't sing a vetran QB yet.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Knowing the way Bill thinks he has to have a trick up his sleave

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 12:39 PM

learn how to talk u moron...

ERLynx
09-10-2008, 03:52 PM
you don't think the jets are going to do much you will be surprised homeboy:confused:

Nope. They have a long way to go.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-10-2008, 04:36 PM
learn how to talk u moron...

who in the hell you calling a moron,you better watch your ****ing mouth,you talking tough behind a screen,im a voice my opoion just like you have so what's the **** is the problem?

HOZ THE KNICK
09-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Nope. They have a long way to go.i didn't say we was going to win the division i just said you can't be sleeping on a team crazy things have happen on sundays.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
i didn't say we was going to win the division i just said you can't be sleeping on a team crazy things have happen on sundays.

trust me, WE KNOW. :mad:

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Well...I'm certainly not thrilled that Brady isn't playing, but I think Cassel can handle the load. Not put up 50 TDs...But he should be able to garner 20 TDs and a good amount of yards. I say he has a Leftwich-Esque season...Just keeps the defens off the field, doesn't put up huge numbers, but manages the game well. The team we have with Cassel subbed in for Brady isn't 16-0 good.....But It's still a playoff team.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 10:58 PM
I think this year will prove what kind of coach Bill is. In the past two years his coaching has come into questioning since spygate. This is a great chance to prove his leagacy.

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I think this year will prove what kind of coach Bill is. In the past two years his coaching has come into questioning since spygate. This is a great chance to prove his leagacy.

STOP posting the same **** in every thread!!!!!!!

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Why you don't think so

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Come on, man. I can't help but think you're a 12 year old kid just playing around on the internet with no facts. You obviously don't know anything about football. If you're any older that 12, I suggest you invest in some "special classes"

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Come on, man. I can't help but think you're a 12 year old kid just playing around on the internet with no facts. You obviously don't know anything about football. If you're any older that 12, I suggest you invest in some "special classes"

Don't worry, I'm getting him blocked.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Funny thing is I have lots of facts on the Patriots and I'm 33 by the way. Must I go there with you Barry Bonds.?

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Funny thing is I have lots of facts on the Patriots and I'm 33 by the way. Must I go there with you Barry Bonds.?

I hope you're not 33....You act more immature than my son.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Blocked for what stating an opinion. Why you don't think this is they year for Bill to prove himself? Just stating my opinion. I'm not insulting anyone I just thik he needs to prove himself this year if he can win without Brady thats all

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 11:23 PM
Why am I immature stating my opinion? You really don't think this is his chance to prove he is the coach you think he is

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 11:24 PM
And you also think you're 33 years old....You have a problem.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Why? I'm not the only one that thinks this

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8540476/On-the-Mark:-Belichick's-shot-at-redemption

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8540476/On-the-Mark:-Belichick's-shot-at-redemption

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 11:35 PM
Congrats. Did mommy and daddy go out tonight?

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Why am I immature stating my opinion? You really don't think this is his chance to prove he is the coach you think he is

You state your opinion in every thread, that's the issue. And there's never any substance behind it.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 11:37 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm

What has he one without Brady

Won not one

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 11:47 PM
You're making too much of this...stop posting in our forum.

Patsfan56
09-11-2008, 02:41 AM
patriots is going to sweep the jets that shyt is so funny i guess yar didn't learn a lesson from the last ny team that kick yar azz....:

Well, I think the Pats could very easily end up sweeping the Jets. I'm not bragging, or trying to be anything other than honest. I think the Pats have incredible experience blended with youth this year that many fans of other teams don't give them credit for. Case in point, look at out LB corps. Mayo is a beast, and a true student of the game. And who is he playing with? Bruschi. Look at Crable, Wheatley, Harrison, Meriweather, Hobbs, O'Neal, Thomas, and Vrabel. Look at our D Line. This is a great unit that I am excited about. However, you might note I also have stated several times in numerous threads that I can see the Jets/ Pats splitting the series. This is only from what I saw in week one. The Jets had their hands full with the Phins, the Pats stopped the Chiefs at the end of the game to hold them off by only seven. Clearly both teams have work to do. Therefore, given this past weeks performance, I think it will be a good matchup. And I won't ever count out Favre, who knows how to pull a game out. I need to see more of Cassell with this Pats offense before I get comfortable getting full of myself with my predictions.

And who are you, Hank "the Tank" from Mad TV?? Pull that tricked out Daiwoo over for a minute and take some English classes please. No one knows what the hell you are saying.:confused:

The Intimidator
09-11-2008, 10:25 AM
And who are you, Hank "the Tank" from Mad TV?? Pull that tricked out Daiwoo over for a minute and take some English classes please. No one knows what the hell you are saying.:confused:

:laugh:

kazzy4080
09-14-2008, 09:07 PM
managing the offense thats all we need, good job cassal, but our running game has to step it up or we r ****ed

bagwell368
09-15-2008, 07:56 AM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BeliBi0.htm

What has he one without Brady

Won not one

BB made Brady, not the other way around.

Parcells never won a SB w/o BB as his D coordinator, and those teams both won on D, not O.

BB is a first ballot HoF coach. Brady is a first ballot HoF player. And the point is?

Crickr
09-15-2008, 08:09 AM
managing the offense thats all we need, good job cassal, but our running game has to step it up or we r ****ed

It isn't just the RB's it is also the O line creating holes for them to run through. I didn't see much of that yesterday.

kazzy4080
09-15-2008, 09:07 AM
It isn't just the RB's it is also the O line creating holes for them to run through. I didn't see much of that yesterday.

yeah i agree the oline didnt do the greatest job of blocking but maroney didnt look great out there either but lamont jordan looks really promising

Crickr
09-15-2008, 09:58 AM
yeah i agree the oline didnt do the greatest job of blocking but maroney didnt look great out there either but lamont jordan looks really promising

Jordan was a bright spot in an otherwise non existing running game. I liked him during trainiong camp and he did it yesterday on the field.....

Faneik
09-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Hi guys, I just checked-in. I saw the game vs the Jets, but it was the 2nd game I've ever seen (the 1st one was the SuperBowl). Still trying to learn the game, rules etc.

What's the name of the guy that had a touch-down for us? The one that he threw himself above the players?

Crickr
09-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi guys, I just checked-in. I saw the game vs the Jets, but it was the 2nd game I've ever seen (the 1st one was the SuperBowl). Still trying to learn the game, rules etc.

What's the name of the guy that had a touch-down for us? The one that he threw himself above the players?

That would have been Sammy Morris one of the running backs

Ewagner
09-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I have a few questions. Do you think if cassel does well, what does that do to Brady's legacy? Second does it look to anyone else that after cassel got hit he got a bit gun shy? Third, is maroney becoming the julio lugo of this team and just needs to go?

cocossox
09-15-2008, 01:28 PM
I have a few questions. Do you think if cassel does well, what does that do to Brady's legacy? Second does it look to anyone else that after cassel got hit he got a bit gun shy? Third, is maroney becoming the julio lugo of this team and just needs to go? 1. Nothing Brady's got the rings Cassell has done jack...2. Cassell did hurt his knee imo they should try to sign a veteran to at least back him up if nothing else & 3. I agree about marroney although nowhere near as bad as Lugo...Marroney does show flashes not ready to give up on him just yet.

ERLynx
09-15-2008, 01:53 PM
1. Nothing Brady's got the rings Cassell has done jack...2. Cassell did hurt his knee imo they should try to sign a veteran to at least back him up if nothing else & 3. I agree about marroney although nowhere near as bad as Lugo...Marroney does show flashes not ready to give up on him just yet.

He dances too much still.

The Intimidator
09-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't want to hear one more person bash Maroney is here...please stop. Is he inconsistent? Yes. Does he dance too much sometimes? Yes. But he just needs some time. He has shown flashes and I think he can become a great running back. And, honestly, comparing him to Julio Lugo is the biggest insult imaginable.

celticfan
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Brady Quinn
Dante Culpepper
Bryon Leftwhich
John Beck
Chris Simms
Kurt Warner

49ers
chargers
broncos
rams
steelers
seahawks
raiders
cardinals
colts

sorry for being all over the place, i just want people to stop wanting someone but cassel, while i know i dont have much to support me thinking he will do well besides for one decent game against the cheifs, but he knows the system and bringing veteran guys will just disrupt the team. also the veterans will step up and rally around him and so should we. go cassel!

Amen brother!:worthy:

Crickr
09-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Cassel will have to be the man he is BB'schoice therefore mine also....

ERLynx
09-17-2008, 07:24 PM
agreed. it sounds homerish but i completely agree

Crickr
09-17-2008, 07:31 PM
You are right but thats just the way it is............