PDA

View Full Version : Brady sends Email

Crickr
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
BRADY SAYS “I STILL LIKE OUR CHANCES”
Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2008, 9:08 p.m.
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, a day after having his 2008 NFL ended, is feeling optimistic about the team’s chances without him.

“It will all be OK,” Brady told Tom Curran of NBCSports.com via e-mail. “I’m excited to see what our team is made of. . . . I still like our chances,” Brady wrote.

Plenty of Patriots’ fans agree, given that backup Matt Cassel led the team to a win on Sunday. But the Chiefs are widely believed to be one of the worst franchises in the NFL, and they nearly tied the game up late.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the Patriots play stronger competition, away from their home stadium.

scource PFT.com

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, if Brady's optimistic, then maybe tomorrow's Zacum Bridge jump will be cancelled...:D

ProPoster
09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Finally relieves me just a bit to hear from Brady since his injury. The fact that hes optimistic should be a good sign that maybe Brady heard something good from the doctors and he'll be on the road to a speedy recovery soon. I hope we'll see him on the sideline soon as support for the players.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah. I just hope he's back next year...as the old Brady.

ERLynx
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
I wouldnt expect him to say anything else.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
I think its the fact that he's saying something, rather than what what he's saying, that's optimistic.

cocossox
09-09-2008, 03:31 PM
BRADY SAYS “I STILL LIKE OUR CHANCES”
Posted by Mike Florio on September 8, 2008, 9:08 p.m.
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, a day after having his 2008 NFL ended, is feeling optimistic about the team’s chances without him.

“It will all be OK,” Brady told Tom Curran of NBCSports.com via e-mail. “I’m excited to see what our team is made of. . . . I still like our chances,” Brady wrote.

Plenty of Patriots’ fans agree, given that backup Matt Cassel led the team to a win on Sunday. But the Chiefs are widely believed to be one of the worst franchises in the NFL, and they nearly tied the game up late.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens when the Patriots play stronger competition, away from their home stadium.

scource PFT.comof corse he would say this he'd never say the team can't win without him he would never sell out his team...he has too much class for that.

DieHardColtsfan
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
defined his character, not that the league needed him to... Typical Tom. Class act... he figures the least he can provide the team with now is motivation!

Crickr
09-09-2008, 04:18 PM
defined his character, not that the league needed him to... Typical Tom. Class act... he figures the least he can provide the team with now is motivation!

He is all class

ProPoster
09-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Do any of you guys seeing him coming back during the season after his surgery and hanging out on the sideline to help motivate the other players?

Crickr
09-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Do any of you guys seeing him coming back during the season after his surgery and hanging out on the sideline to help motivate the other players?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see that

KingJamsI
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM

I real hope so, especially a big game down the line.

Brooke
09-09-2008, 07:22 PM
He proved once again why he is a such a class act :)

Hometeamrivals
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
He is all class?????

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Classy Brady. He'll be on the sidelines helping out Cassel with anything he'll need.

Hometeamrivals
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
The thing I find funny is nobody from the Pats have said exactly what the injury is.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
And they probably never will...

Crickr
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
The thing I find funny is nobody from the Pats have said exactly what the injury is.

Thats just the way of the orgiznation. Closed mouth about everything. That is as roumors go why Sims and Rattery got sent packing is someone ( agent or somebody) let it out they were going to NE and the Pats didn't like that.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Exactly...

DieHardColtsfan
09-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Easy... i assume you wouldn't want to risk his health for next year as well... this is knee ligaments not something to gamble on in my opinion... Him being on the sideline with his head up high through the highs and lows that you guys will endure is motivation enough.

Patsfan56
09-10-2008, 05:06 AM
Good for him, total class as usual.

I would think once he is rested from his surgery he will be out there, mentoring Cassell from the sidelines. From what I have read the two are pretty good friends and constantly joking around with one another. So I would think Brady will be there to help out his friends and teammates (especially considering the potential Moss factor).

ProPoster
09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I find it important that he should be out there when he can. Even though he can't play, he's still captain on offense and he can still lead the team from the sideline.

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Easy... i assume you wouldn't want to risk his health for next year as well... this is knee ligaments not something to gamble on in my opinion... Him being on the sideline with his head up high through the highs and lows that you guys will endure is motivation enough.

I don't think he meant that Brady would suit up. I think he was asking if we think Brady will hang out on the sidelines with a headset and a clipboard once he has his surgery. I think he will.

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I guess we will see how classy e this season if he is on the sidelines for the games. If he is at the games then he does care what the team does.

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Aren't you the same person who told him to go to cali to be with his kid? Make up your mind!

ProPoster
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM
I guess we will see how classy e this season if he is on the sidelines for the games. If he is at the games then he does care what the team does.

What does class have anything to do with being on the sidelines? If he can be out there then he'll be out there. He's not gonna go out there and all bandaged up. A receiver runs right into his bad knee and its game 1 all over again.

tsb77
09-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Finally relieves me just a bit to hear from Brady since his injury. The fact that hes optimistic should be a good sign that maybe Brady heard something good from the doctors and he'll be on the road to a speedy recovery soon. I hope we'll see him on the sideline soon as support for the players.

i hope so too. id like to see him on the sidelines helping out cassel.

Barry Bonds
09-10-2008, 07:29 PM

I agree. He shouldn't be able to rest...Especially after surgery. That's just wrong. What a classless player.... :rolleyes:

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 09:34 PM
I agree. He shouldn't be able to rest...Especially after surgery. That's just wrong. What a classless player.... :rolleyes:

we have found that hometeamrivals doesn't always make the most sense. :D

Hometeamrivals
09-10-2008, 10:59 PM
I think this year will prove what kind of coach Bill is. In the past two years his coaching has come into questioning since spygate. This is a great chance to prove his leagacy.

The Intimidator
09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
That's it dude, I'm getting you blocked from our forum.

DieHardColtsfan
09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
I don't think he meant that Brady would suit up. I think he was asking if we think Brady will hang out on the sidelines with a headset and a clipboard once he has his surgery. I think he will.

lol your right i dont know what i read..

The Intimidator
09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
We're all guilty of that from time to time...:D

ERLynx
09-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I think this year will prove what kind of coach Bill is. In the past two years his coaching has come into questioning since spygate. This is a great chance to prove his leagacy.

whats a "leagacy?" christ your spelling is pathetic.

ERLynx
09-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Remember when Bledsoe went down and, when he was able, he was on the sidelines mentoring Brady? Actually I think he was suited up too, so maybe that doesnt count. But I see the same thing from Brady.

The Intimidator
09-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Remember when Bledsoe went down and, when he was able, he was on the sidelines mentoring Brady? Actually I think he was suited up too, so maybe that doesnt count. But I see the same thing from Brady.

Yeah you're right. He suited up after like 10 games, once he was cleared to play again. He had some pretty nasty internal bleeding, if you recall. Regardless, it still counts.

NYMETS6986
09-12-2008, 01:40 AM
i think the team was still in shock when brady went down last week. this week im sure as hell belichick has them ready to pound the jets and grind out a victory. they know brady will not be back and cassell will be prepared mentally, i still see great things for this team and i still think the jets are a tad overrated, pats 24, jets 14....

ERLynx
09-12-2008, 09:21 AM
i think the team was still in shock when brady went down last week. this week im sure as hell belichick has them ready to pound the jets and grind out a victory. they know brady will not be back and cassell will be prepared mentally, i still see great things for this team and i still think the jets are a tad overrated, pats 24, jets 14....

I like your optimism. I dont know how the jets can really be overrated though. they stunk it up last year pretty good. I think they are just looking to shock people right now with their air game. plus they still have some dynamic receivers. I dont care about their defense much, especially after losing Vilma. Revis is a good player though and so is Rhodes, and Ellis. In all honestly, I think the Jets squeak this one out, 20-17. Sorry to be a pessimist fellas.

Crickr
09-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I like your optimism. I dont know how the jets can really be overrated though. they stunk it up last year pretty good. I think they are just looking to shock people right now with their air game. plus they still have some dynamic receivers. I dont care about their defense much, especially after losing Vilma. Revis is a good player though and so is Rhodes, and Ellis. In all honestly, I think the Jets squeak this one out, 20-17. Sorry to be a pessimist fellas.

Thats ok ER everyone has their own opinion I just hope you are wrong on the score.

ERLynx
09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Thats ok ER everyone has their own opinion I just hope you are wrong on the score.

Me too brother.

The Intimidator
09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I hope you are wrong too. You are correct in thinking that it will come down to a field goal though. This game will be quite close, and I still maintain that if Cassel avoids turning the ball over, the Pats come out on top. That is, unless, Favre goes nuts on us. I don't really see that happening though.