PDA

View Full Version : State of the 49ers thread

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 02:55 PM
It's time my fellow 49ers fans

It's time to put a stop to this

A coach has to win the game. You play to win the game, remember that from Herm Edwards? With Mike NOlan, he is PLAYING TO LOSE THE GAME and he does it very well to good teams, a few bad teams, superior teams, NFC East teams, NFC South Teams, 2 teams to the NFC North, 2 and 4 or worse in our division, and a disaster vs. AFC teams. Even when teams have an injury, we can't take advantage of it.

I hearby ask for Mike NOlan to submit his resignation as 49ers coach
I ask that Mr. York in Jeb or Jethro to please, I beg you, I'm on my knees begging, I'm crying out, for the sake of 70,000 49er fans that used to show up at your park and had a good time, please fire Mike Nolan NOW!

Since I may not get either one, I ask you 49ers fans to do this.

Local blackouts.

Here's the thing I know thus far:
There are more then 15,000 no shows each week at the Stick.
Sections 6 and 8 yesterday were barren.
That means there is no way 70,000 are showing up unless York is doctoring the books, and does a good job.

But what if the 49ers were not on local Tv, like the Raiders? Sure, Al Davis doesn't care either way, but Al is used to losing money. The Yorks are Vince McMahon like, losing money is an insult. Therefore, I am asking all 49ers fans to please do not buy, renew, or attend the 49ers home games. We need to get Mike Nolan removed as the head coach, and this is the only way to do it. We must hit York in the pocket book so that he winds up buying up 40,000 seats a week, or maybe 50,000 seats a week. We got to send a mesage people that we are sick of this. JT is not the answer either, but I know he's gone in 09 regardless.

If you want to keep the 49ers in the Bay Area, please do not go to any of their home games until Mike NOlan has been removed as our head coach.

Please, local blackouts are the only answer to get rid of Nolan and maybe get rid of York. We must fight back my fellow 49ers fans. Our existance and our livlihood are both on the line.

mex49er
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
To be honest I dont think it was a coaching lose

Turnovers that were capitalized on clock management and points....

Mystic Niner
09-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Last I check it wasnt Nolan that had 5 turnovers

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Last I check it wasnt Nolan that had 5 turnovers

OK then, let's say we STILL end up with a losing record but MIGHT have lost in those games by like 10 points. Why does that still justify to retain Nolan? Look, long as Nolan is here, Smith will have NO CHANCE to get a fair evaulation from him. As a coach, you don't turn a competition into a one sided contest and give the one side an unfair advantage. Good grief, do you all change the rules all the time when you hold a contest?

Nolan has to be fired for continuous in game decisions on who to play, who should not play, losing to inept teams like Zona, Seattle, outside the division, and so on. What Nolan is doing is called doing all he can to lose his job, and the Yorks are doing all they can to look like idiots. 49er fans should do all they can not to show up to anymore 49er home games until Mike Nolan has been fired.

mtt1er
09-08-2008, 04:58 PM
yea yea i dont like nolan either he reminds me of george bush but he didnt have anything to do with the loss yesterday. alex smith is injured anyway and never looked to special to begin with.

bigmac8675
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Dude Darren are you sure your a fan?? Like seriously bro.... ever since you have been on here all you ever say is negative ****. Now you are trying to tell all the real Niner fans to not go to games and to not support our team?? If fans stop going to games.... that means the owners think there isn't enough revenue to be had in the bay area and then they leave for LA. Think bro.... think. If you want to be negative when it comes to the 49ers, go play in the Seahawks forums.

curtisjr08
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Mike Nolan lost this game...Not the turnovers, not the defense or offense, it was Mike Nolan and his clock management...You give the freakn arizona cardinals the ball for 23 freakn minuets in the 2nd half, or you allow it. Did you give frank the ball when were on offense. 14 touches, that is a joke...You allow the defense to get tired and you put takeo spikes on special teams... idiot....

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Dude Darren are you sure your a fan?? Like seriously bro.... ever since you have been on here all you ever say is negative ****. Now you are trying to tell all the real Niner fans to not go to games and to not support our team?? If fans stop going to games.... that means the owners think there isn't enough revenue to be had in the bay area and then they leave for LA. Think bro.... think. If you want to be negative when it comes to the 49ers, go play in the Seahawks forums.

We got to get rid of the yorks and mike Nolan. i offered proof as to why they have to go. Look, there has to be a point where you got to say enough. We need to set some ground rules as to what we want:

Yorks, sell our team
Nolan, leave our team
JT O Sullivan, leave our team
Alex Smith, start in 09

IF the Yorks care for the team, where's our playoff? Where's the winning season? Why can't we beat the NFC East? Why do we lose to AFC Superior teams and beat inept teams? How come on coaching it pleases you we beat inept teams and we can't beat superior teams? Excuses like players, officiating, turnover have to stop NOW. It is now time to hold Mike Nolan responsible for the lack of effort. I'm at my wits end as to get rid of Nolan. Yorks don't want to fire him. He don't want to quit. So why can't we just dump our season and that's the excuse to dump Nolan? Look, I see he's not trying at all. What do you want me to do, be happy about all this junk going on?

NorCalzimm
09-08-2008, 06:26 PM
We got to get rid of the yorks and mike Nolan. i offered proof as to why they have to go. Look, there has to be a point where you got to say enough. We need to set some ground rules as to what we want:

Yorks, sell our team
Nolan, leave our team
JT O Sullivan, leave our team
Alex Smith, start in 09

IF the Yorks care for the team, where's our playoff? Where's the winning season? Why can't we beat the NFC East? Why do we lose to AFC Superior teams and beat inept teams? How come on coaching it pleases you we beat inept teams and we can't beat superior teams? Excuses like players, officiating, turnover have to stop NOW. It is now time to hold Mike Nolan responsible for the lack of effort. I'm at my wits end as to get rid of Nolan. Yorks don't want to fire him. He don't want to quit. So why can't we just dump our season and that's the excuse to dump Nolan? Look, I see he's not trying at all. What do you want me to do, be happy about all this junk going on?

*You do realize Smith is more than likely done for the season as well as the Niners right? Time to think of a new plan there Captain Madden!

WillisLovechild
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
I hate management as much as the next guy, but this is a little absurd. It doesn't affect me though, seeing as I can't go to the games.

9erlakesdodgers
09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
ok darren youve had your day of fun, beezy get rid of this guy so hes one and done like burelson and brady.:clap:

lincecum=future
09-08-2008, 06:56 PM
:rolleyes:

Turnovers and ****** special teams lost the game for us. The Cardinals had good field position all day and we just kept turning the ball over.

sportsnutzz
09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
:rolleyes:

Turnovers and ****** special teams lost the game for us. The Cardinals had good field position all day and we just kept turning the ball over.

Agreed but are you trying to say that Nolan is a good coach?

mtt1er
09-08-2008, 07:48 PM
nolans an idiot but turnovers definitly lost it for us.

bigmac8675
09-08-2008, 08:14 PM

+1. I mean turnovers led to our defense being on the field as long as they were in the 3rd, which just wore them out so in the 4th they were gassed trying to get the cards offense off the field.

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
what rules have I allegedly violated? Is giving an honest opinion outlawed on every 49er forum, and must you go crying to the moderator every stinking time on a subject like this? This subject is motivation and to get rid of Mike Nolan. Did it say I want to shoot the pope, kick somebody's dog, whatever else you're thinking. Show me what's wrong with the topic that you find offensive.

bigmac8675
09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
darren, I agree with you that this losing sucks, and what is being done about it hasn't really been the right way to go about it. But seriously, I am and most fans are going to stick by our team through thick and thin. I think your idea of boycotting the team is kind of absurd..... if you want to do that though, more power to you, but don't expect anyone else to follow in your footsteps.

9erlakesdodgers
09-08-2008, 08:46 PM
what rules have I allegedly violated? Is giving an honest opinion outlawed on every 49er forum, and must you go crying to the moderator every stinking time on a subject like this? This subject is motivation and to get rid of Mike Nolan. Did it say I want to shoot the pope, kick somebody's dog, whatever else you're thinking. Show me what's wrong with the topic that you find offensive.

as a niner fan, right now NOLAN is the POPE. The season has started and we are still in week1. We don't want to hear you and your protests about Nolan, also you think you sound so smart by saying get rid of Nolan and JTO?? As fans we are not thinking about if's and when's going into WEEK 2! We all have honest opinions but don't get anywhere talking about this subject RIGHT NOW at this time of the season. Another thing is, you are doing this in diff topics and talking in other forums telling everyone you want their teams to beat us so Nolan can get fired??!! You are no fan my friend, you are just a fan when we are winning. We all have our issues with Nolan and our office management but WE DONT TELL OTHERS WE HOPE THEIR TEAM BEATS US SO WE CAN FIRE A COACH. You act like Vince Lombardi is just sitting and waiting to take Nolan's job. So with all that said, this is what's wrong with your topics and opinions. THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT FOR WEEK 2 OF THE SEASON. Watch the game closely also and you would see JTO did a good job for HIS FIRST START EVER IN 6 YEARS! Stop with your b.s opinions acting like your some genius and have some secret answer to turning this franchise around.

9erlakesdodgers
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
alright everyone go apply for the job, take darren5000 with you as well. Maybe you guys could run for president as well.

downsos
09-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Don't worry Darren if we keep losing then Nolan will be fired. But if we win then who cares?

downsos
09-08-2008, 08:54 PM

:clap:

DownSouth49er
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
It is too early to panic about the turnovers, QB situation, the WR's not getting open or anything...its was the first game of the season and by all means the spikes fumble did hurt us...at the same time, there was a key penalty on that drive or maybe the drive before(correct me if I'm wrong) that kept it going for the cards...the refs totally blew the roughing the passer call on mcdonald I believe it was...I think íts complete BS that a player who is reaching to bat the ball down is penalized if his hands happen to come down on the QB's helmet...by no means should the ref had called that because it was not intentional...it was 3rd and long and off and on rackers would've had to try a field goal well over 40 yards...a make and we would have been down 6, a miss and the momentum would be ours...the turnovers will stop, keasey will not spin like he's a slash and dash RB but instead drop his head and run someone over, JTO hopefully will realise when he can run and not force a pass in, and learn how to tuck and protect ball when the opposing defensive lineman is pulling on yuor jersey...and bruce will show up...its bound to happen...its one game, no big deal

9erlakesdodgers
09-08-2008, 09:03 PM
yes thankyou for this. I also am not panicing or even as upset at our loss because we looked pretty good, our d was great and will only get better every week. Everything else will start clicking. 2 unfortunate plays blew this game open and we can live with that, we also stayed HEALTHY so that's great. Now looking at the division, nothing to worry about at all. The rams are awful, Cardinals we can obv beat and the Seahawks are depleted and vunerable. Im just sick of threads about firing nolan and dumping JTO. Good post Downsouth, you haven't been around lately.

downsos
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm not panicking, I was just upset about the loss but oh well, Seatle is banged up, the Rams looked horrible, and Warner can't scramble.

Crombiestudd6
09-08-2008, 09:13 PM
i was upset because i knew we coulda won that game we played better than them we were the better team its just the fumbles killed us! and special teaMS

leftymo
09-08-2008, 09:14 PM
I thought the same thing, and then a friend who didn't watch the game wanted to know specifically what Nolan did that cost the 49ers...

And in all honesty I couldn't think of anything.

But here are some very important points to make.

It wasn't that Nolan did something bad, its that Wisenhunt did something smart. Gore was eating the Cards defense alive, so he decided to alter his scheme to ball control and clock control. He won, Nolan didn't.

Better yet, you can make every excuse in the book, but eventually you are judged by wins and losses. That's it.

Nolan's career in 3+ seasons is now 16 wins total
Patriots last year alone had 16 wins... Remember the 20 consecutive seasons of 10+ wins?

Bad coaches instill bad habits which result in mistakes or turnovers and cost teams games.

ninerfan609
09-08-2008, 09:15 PM
heres to all the panickers...

Now, I really don't want to make any excuses or anything, because yesterdays game was a win that we REALLY needed. But after further review, I had a chance to reflect and read the statistics collectively. Believe it or not, on paper, we looked pretty solid.
I then went over to The Press Democrat (one of my resources for updates) and low and behold!! This here, supports EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Check it out:

--We outgained the Cardinals, 291-285, despite running 28 fewer plays. We averaged 6.6 yards per play. The Cardinals just 4.4 yards.

--The Cardinals converted just 5 of 16 third downs (31 %).
Although the Cardinals did convert both of their meaningful fourth-down attempts,
It's difficult to rip on the defensive effort after looking at those stats.

--Even though we had 5 turnovers , we still lost by only 10 points. But five turnovers, uh! uh! that's totally unforgivable.

--Four out five of those turnovers resulted in ZERO points. (Spikes fumble-liya was converted into points).

--Still think the defense had an off day? Peep this ..... the Cardinals averaged 2.8 yards per rushing attempt. The Cardinals outgained us by 1 yard on the ground DESPITE carrying 19 more times.

--J.T.
O'Sullivan had a passer rating of 80.
Yeah, JTO's fumbles can't be swept under the rug, but just going off of Comp/Att. ALONE, Warner had JTO beat by 2 measly little yards (197 tot.) going 19/30, while JTO went 14/20 for 195 yards. So that's 10 less attempts and 4 less completions for JTO (than Warner) and Warner sneaks by with +2 yards.

What to think of this?? I really dont' know, but this was a pretty decent performance according to the way the numbers read after comparing them to AZ's production. Yes, of course I would rather have the Dub than these stats, but this was an intresting find. Like I said no excuses because this win was important.
'Just thought I'd share this with er'body!!

ninerfan609
09-08-2008, 09:17 PM
get off of nolans nutz. its only the first game. if we start half the season horrible, then give him crap.

sportsnutzz
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Ok I will relax you know you am not a fan but hey sometimes things happen, maybe I will eat my words later..... I hope :D

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 09:31 PM
as a niner fan, right now NOLAN is the POPE. The season has started and we are still in week1. We don't want to hear you and your protests about Nolan, also you think you sound so smart by saying get rid of Nolan and JTO?? As fans we are not thinking about if's and when's going into WEEK 2! We all have honest opinions but don't get anywhere talking about this subject RIGHT NOW at this time of the season. Another thing is, you are doing this in diff topics and talking in other forums telling everyone you want their teams to beat us so Nolan can get fired??!! You are no fan my friend, you are just a fan when we are winning. We all have our issues with Nolan and our office management but WE DONT TELL OTHERS WE HOPE THEIR TEAM BEATS US SO WE CAN FIRE A COACH. You act like Vince Lombardi is just sitting and waiting to take Nolan's job. So with all that said, this is what's wrong with your topics and opinions. THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT FOR WEEK 2 OF THE SEASON. Watch the game closely also and you would see JTO did a good job for HIS FIRST START EVER IN 6 YEARS! Stop with your b.s opinions acting like your some genius and have some secret answer to turning this franchise around.

Have you ever in your lifetime ever hired somebody to maintain your property, or fix it? I got a painter painting the house and here's what I did. I told the painter what I wanted and guess what? He's doing what I want him to do because THAT"S HIS JOB! You go and ask Mike NOlan to do his job, and it's like he got the wrong paint color, texture, equipment broke, can't tolerate a heat wave. But if you hire the Mike Nolan and you accept all the excuses he can come up with, you my friend are a FOOL and your money soon departed. The 49ers resemble broken property and Nolan has CHOSEN not to maintain it. All Nolan has to do around me on the job is get the W, period. I don't care how. You get the W.

2 things come out of Seattle's game
We will beat the Hawks if they are a hurt team
We will lose to the Hawks if they are a healthy team.

Which scenario works out for Nolan to save his job? What about beating a healthy Hawks team? Shouldn't that like inspire the boss? I'd be impressed that if I was sucking to the Seahawks team in the 3 years I've been on the job, I'd be happy to beat a HEALTHY Hawks team. I'm tired of beating a hurt and think oh everything is OK now and JT is the QB of the future. Beat some real teams before I even think of the future for that's part of a Piers Morgan. Here is what I want, and you either give it to me, or you will be buzzed.

I choose to go into the hot blazing sun in my region to AVOID watching a disaster. I do not want to watch JT upchuck the ball. I don't care if that's part of learning, that's called repetive to upchuck the ball. I don't want to see our defense NOT pass rushing.

NFL.com, Chronicle, ESPN will be my source of 49ers info. I will not watch Fox or CBS 49er coverage until I get what I want and that is FIRE MIKE NOLAN and get rid of JT. I will always blame JT for what has happened with Alex next to Nolan.

I'm not spamming, trolling, or plotting any activity. I'm just an angry, frustrated, outraged fan that is sick of what Nolan does. If a fan is throwing up after what Nolan does and comes close to a heart attack, what does that make me?

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
alright everyone go apply for the job, take darren5000 with you as well. Maybe you guys could run for president as well.

Talent on loan from God
Savage Nation

Opinions do not mean anything else. When you get an L, that is called LOSING. When you get the W, that is called WINNING. When you beat a healthy team, that is called FAIRNESS. When you beat a feeble hurt team, that's called being a bully.

sportsnutzz
09-08-2008, 09:35 PM
OH MY GOD!!! How can you not panic the season is over, its done. Lets just pack it in now. I don't know about the rest of you I have seen everything I need to see. There is no hope at all, we are not going to win a game, it won't even be funt to watch. :speechless:

JK GO NINERS!

DownSouth49er
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
yes thankyou for this. I also am not panicing or even as upset at our loss because we looked pretty good, our d was great and will only get better every week. Everything else will start clicking. 2 unfortunate plays blew this game open and we can live with that, we also stayed HEALTHY so that's great. Now looking at the division, nothing to worry about at all. The rams are awful, Cardinals we can obv beat and the Seahawks are depleted and vunerable. Im just sick of threads about firing nolan and dumping JTO. Good post Downsouth, you haven't been around lately.

Yeah that damn tropical storm came through and F'ed up my phone lines so I have to get them rewired for phone service and DSL...so I'm using my black berry to check in every now and then...and I agree with u on the play of our D...I liked the pressure they got in the first half and I think we'll see more of it against the seahawks

DownSouth49er
09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm not panicking, I was just upset about the loss but oh well, Seatle is banged up, the Rams looked horrible, and Warner can't scramble.

Yeah we'll be okay in this division...once we get everyone in sync on offense, things will be much better...I'm not worried about the D

Crombiestudd6
09-08-2008, 09:51 PM
i hope we beat the crap outa hasselbecks bald ***!

Magic12ball
09-08-2008, 09:56 PM
If the Seattle O-line repeats its performance, you might get close. If Locklear is back, you won't get within a yard of him.

downsos
09-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah we'll be okay in this division...once we get everyone in sync on offense, things will be much better...I'm not worried about the D

I'm not worried either.

downsos
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
i hope we beat the crap outa hasselbecks bald ***!

I knew he had a bald head, but a bald ***:speechless::D:confused:

sportsnutzz
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
If the Seattle O-line repeats its performance, you might get close. If Locklear is back, you won't get within a yard of him.

He will be on his back I guarantee

IndiansFan337
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Nolan definitely hasn't done a good job thus far, but he obviously isn't going to get fired after week 1. If this team doesn't manage to win at least 7 games he will likely get fired near the end of after this season though. And rightfully so. Drafting Smith was obviously one of the biggest mistakes in the NFL over the past decade or so. Everyone knew they were reaching for him just because they needed a QB. They should have went for a more sure-fire player at a different position & waited for a QB. They could have had a top pick in the draft that produced VY, Leinart, Cutler, etc. You can hate on Leinart & VY all you want, but I would take them in a heartbeat over Smith right now.

ThreeIfBaerga
09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Wait.

Wait.

People actually expected a decent season? With this passing game? Good luck, I'm looking forward to a top 5 pick.

Darren5000
09-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Why was my post deleted for baiting? There was a Laker 49er poster trying to bait me, why wasn't his stuff deleted? I'm tired of getting the so called unsportsmanship flag.

I look forward to our top 5 pick, Tebow or the Ball State QB is good as ours now.:mad:

downsos
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Nolan definitely hasn't done a good job thus far, but he obviously isn't going to get fired after week 1. If this team doesn't manage to win at least 7 games he will likely get fired near the end of after this season though. And rightfully so. Drafting Smith was obviously one of the biggest mistakes in the NFL over the past decade or so. Everyone knew they were reaching for him just because they needed a QB. They should have went for a more sure-fire player at a different position & waited for a QB. They could have had a top pick in the draft that produced VY, Leinart, Cutler, etc. You can hate on Leinart & VY all you want, but I would take them in a heartbeat over Smith right now.

So would I since SMITH IS INJURED!

leftymo
09-09-2008, 12:07 AM
The 49ers look like they will struggle this season.

Despite the marginal improvement in scheme and at the QB position, they still lack solid play makers at key positions. Both on offense and defense.

Gore is really the only play maker on offense. Isaac Bruce has fewer catches than Ashley Lelie does this season, and the next tackle Vernon Davis breaks will be the first tackle he breaks.

A lot of the lack of talent has to do with McClueless and Nolan. Whether its in free agency (great signing Lelie), drafting (Brandon Williams) or trading (Darrell Jackson) they've continually failed.

We all know of our bust of a QB Alex Smith, but what about the 2nd round bust from that year? David Baas still can't crack our starting lineup.

On the defensive side, SF didn't generate sufficient pressure and their pass defense wasn't all that sharp. The player that had one of the worst games? Besides the obvious Spikes? Manny Lawson. He was flat out putrid.

Now they go on the road, and a loss in Seattle after how dismally they played could quickly put the 49ers in a tailspin.

Sad state of affairs with Bay Area sports. They are the exact opposite of the Boston area sports.

mex49er
09-09-2008, 01:47 AM
mmmm YOU cant manage the clock when you dont have the ball
YOU CANT give the ball to frank gore when you dont have it
14 carries 96 yards in 2 quarters is a pretty good game ...

DONT BE OBTUSE

bigbutoski
09-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I agree that nolan at times makes stupid decisions (going for it on 4th down, not going for it on 4th down, not running a play with 5 seconds left in the 2nd, not allowing special teams to return a punt with 5 seconds left in the 2nd)....and I agree that he probably has no idea what goes on in the offense BUT, has anyone forgotten that he plays a large part in our defense which is actually our strong point?

Without nolan, we would possibly have a defense that was just as bad as our offense. What we need is to give martz time to get our offense going, which i think it already has, i think we will continue to move our way up and march towars a possible 9-7 or 10-6 season.

I think we will win the division this year.

The things that should be getting rammed down the throats of the players this week to make us a legitimate contender is this:

1) O Line really needs to provide a few seconds more protection.
2) O'Sullivan needs to focus on ball security. He can be a great QB for us in this system if he just shakes off the first start and learns to have a constant focus on holding the ball tight until release and making smart throws.

I think if we can focus on this, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

What do you guys think?

Darren5000
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
The things that get to me are we are on the verge of doing something right, comes out wrong. WE can get a good player in the draft, but we end up going from say no. 9 to no. 15 and lose that player. The games that sell out turn out to have a 2/3 full stadium that's not even loud. Would you believe last night in Oakland, their fans rooted against them? And now, just as we are on the verge of firing Nolan, we could win this. I just want the 49ers to do something right and that's get rid of the wrong man for the job. Mike NOlan is just a mistake and it's not a sin to admit a mistake. I'd like to admit he was not a bad person, but Ls are not Ws in the NFL. You have to win as coach, that's how Coughlin/Dungy got to a Superbowl, they WON games. Nolan hasn't done it in the last 3 years as our coach. He got a free pass year 1, that's understandable. But Ls to Phil/NYG in rematches, Ls to Seattle, Ls to Orleans, Ws over pathetic AFC teams? That's just not a good coach. I beg the 49ers if they want to stay in SF to please dismiss Mike NOlan.

KenTHEsfKING
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Thank you gentlemen, for your intellectual and logical responses to this emotional rampage that Darren has gone on.

IMO - he may even be a bogus fan of the Seahawks or something? you never really know with wack jobs.

I watched the entire game, and although painful in the end, there were many bright spots.

In agreement with down south, i also believe that call against Ray MacDonald, hurt our D-Fense bad. That was a game changer, and the funny part is i knew it as soon as i saw the flag that we had lost this one.

But i'm a fighter and i got as much if not more heart than anyone, and i'm about overcoming obstacles and not allowing them to get me down.

but when we fumbled that kickoff - that put us in a pretty tuff situation.

like 9erFan609 pointed out, our d was worn out. the cards won the game but be assured we are the better team and will WIN the Division.

i see our d-line especially Ray Mc comin out for vengence against seattle, i see us winning the turn over battle in Qwest field, and i see JTO and VD having a break out game in this one. Gore is going to have a damn good game too.

like all these quotes are saying, there are many visible and REAL reasons to hang on and hang in. Our PASS RUSH! OUR POISED QB!!! Our Fast as **** TE!! WE have another BADD *** TE in Walker i wanna see martz put to work! We're gonna get the ball to MR. Morgan, and he is gonna make plays! remeber that ugly *** game against the Raiders!! those smae kinda jitters were with our young and inexperienced team this last week k, let's see WHAT WE DO THis WEEK in SEATTLE!! :mad:

KenTHEsfKING
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
big but you got it right:clap:

Darren5000
09-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Thank you gentlemen, for your intellectual and logical responses to this emotional rampage that Darren has gone on.

IMO - he may even be a bogus fan of the Seahawks or something? you never really know with wack jobs.

I watched the entire game, and although painful in the end, there were many bright spots.

In agreement with down south, i also believe that call against Ray MacDonald, hurt our D-Fense bad. That was a game changer, and the funny part is i knew it as soon as i saw the flag that we had lost this one.

But i'm a fighter and i got as much if not more heart than anyone, and i'm about overcoming obstacles and not allowing them to get me down.

but when we fumbled that kickoff - that put us in a pretty tuff situation.

like 9erFan609 pointed out, our d was worn out. the cards won the game but be assured we are the better team and will WIN the Division.

i see our d-line especially Ray Mc comin out for vengence against seattle, i see us winning the turn over battle in Qwest field, and i see JTO and VD having a break out game in this one. Gore is going to have a damn good game too.

like all these quotes are saying, there are many visible and REAL reasons to hang on and hang in. Our PASS RUSH! OUR POISED QB!!! Our Fast as **** TE!! WE have another BADD *** TE in Walker i wanna see martz put to work! We're gonna get the ball to MR. Morgan, and he is gonna make plays! remeber that ugly *** game against the Raiders!! those smae kinda jitters were with our young and inexperienced team this last week k, let's see WHAT WE DO THis WEEK in SEATTLE!! :mad:

So if I have an opinion on my team, I should just shut up? Good, why don't you go back in time and tell Jim MOra to shut up about the playoffs. Go back and tell Herm Edwards to shut up about playing to win the game. Go back and tell the Yorks you like what you see on the 49ers.

I'm going to say this once: I will not be set up by the 49ers. The only thing I want is Nolan to be fired, and he should have been fired back in January and you know it> Jerry Rice called it right about the Yorks not having 'guts' to do their job.

We win, we keep Nolan. Do you want that? Do you want to be set up for a dismal year if we won it this year? Do you want to pay JT 10 million dollars next year to go south on us? JUst gut this team, York. Get rid of the QBs and start anew! I don't care anymore, all I want is what I want!

What part of 28 years don't you get? Did you go to school? Please answer these questions. I got a right to an OPINION about the team and an OPINION or saying Nolan must be fired is an OPINION! He did this to Alex Smith, he runs Smith out of town, Nolan should be on the next bus with him off our team! I hope we do go 0 and 2. I don't say it as the opposing fan, I say it to be rid of Nolan FOR GOOD!

sportsnutzz
09-09-2008, 03:01 PM
So if I have an opinion on my team, I should just shut up? Good, why don't you go back in time and tell Jim MOra to shut up about the playoffs. Go back and tell Herm Edwards to shut up about playing to win the game. Go back and tell the Yorks you like what you see on the 49ers.

I'm going to say this once: I will not be set up by the 49ers. The only thing I want is Nolan to be fired, and he should have been fired back in January and you know it> Jerry Rice called it right about the Yorks not having 'guts' to do their job.

We win, we keep Nolan. Do you want that? Do you want to be set up for a dismal year if we won it this year? Do you want to pay JT 10 million dollars next year to go south on us? JUst gut this team, York. Get rid of the QBs and start anew! I don't care anymore, all I want is what I want!

What part of 28 years don't you get? Did you go to school? Please answer these questions. I got a right to an OPINION about the team and an OPINION or saying Nolan must be fired is an OPINION! He did this to Alex Smith, he runs Smith out of town, Nolan should be on the next bus with him off our team! I hope we do go 0 and 2. I don't say it as the opposing fan, I say it to be rid of Nolan FOR GOOD!

Ok Darren.... We all are very aware of how you feel. Honestly I think nolan will be fired at the end of the season also. But you are really taking the fun out of this forum. You need to be nicer in your posts. You need to stop trying to shove your opinion down other peoples throats. You seem like you could be a very active person in our forums and that would be cool. But can you please calm down a little? It would be very appreciated.

Darren5000
09-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Ok Darren.... We all are very aware of how you feel. Honestly I think nolan will be fired at the end of the season also. But you are really taking the fun out of this forum. You need to be nicer in your posts. You need to stop trying to shove your opinion down other peoples throats. You seem like you could be a very active person in our forums and that would be cool. But can you please calm down a little? It would be very appreciated.

I don't want to fight with anybody. But the job should've been done back in January on Nolan, period. Look, I understand it is remotely possible that maybe Nolan can morph into Tom Coughlin, but the schedule, how Nolan has fared against these teams, it's like the 100 to 1 shot coming in to win. I just can't see that is remotely possible if we can't get Ws against the better teams. It's easy for anybody to W over an inept team, but the real W counts against an Eagles, Giants, or healthier teams. A win over NE may be good, but there's the what if Brady were in there? NOw we got to wait 4 more years for that contest against Brady.

I know I come off hostile, but your fans don't help any by making up posts crying about what I say. It's nothing more then an opinion. You can disagree, that's fine, but don't go wah wah at me. Nolan, yorks, and what we've done, just irritates me, and the exhbition was nothing more then a joke. Sure, it means nothing, but I'm tired of obvious players on the 49ers team. I want surprises, not obvious.

sportsnutzz
09-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't want to fight with anybody. But the job should've been done back in January on Nolan, period. Look, I understand it is remotely possible that maybe Nolan can morph into Tom Coughlin, but the schedule, how Nolan has fared against these teams, it's like the 100 to 1 shot coming in to win. I just can't see that is remotely possible if we can't get Ws against the better teams. It's easy for anybody to W over an inept team, but the real W counts against an Eagles, Giants, or healthier teams. A win over NE may be good, but there's the what if Brady were in there? NOw we got to wait 4 more years for that contest against Brady.

I know I come off hostile, but your fans don't help any by making up posts crying about what I say. It's nothing more then an opinion. You can disagree, that's fine, but don't go wah wah at me. Nolan, yorks, and what we've done, just irritates me, and the exhbition was nothing more then a joke. Sure, it means nothing, but I'm tired of obvious players on the 49ers team. I want surprises, not obvious.

Are you listening to me? WE KNOW DARREN, you have said the same thing in a different way like 30 times. No one is asking you to not have an opinion but we heard you for gods sake.

gouldjg
09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Hellloooooo. Darren5000 just has an opinion. Can't you people respect that. Nolan should have been fired months ago. How can he still have a job if he can only beat inept teams and not win against good teams. Boycott the games until Nolan is fired. Nolan has proved he can't win. The only thing he wants is Nolan fired. Period. If Nolan were to....ah ok I can't do it anymore. This thread is ridiculous.

kfranks22
09-09-2008, 05:46 PM
Fire Nolan... Bring back Dennis Erickson, that was a coach with some vision!

KenTHEsfKING
09-09-2008, 05:52 PM

It is too early to panic about the turnovers, QB situation, the WR's not getting open or anything...its was the first game of the season and by all means the spikes fumble did hurt us...at the same time, there was a key penalty on that drive or maybe the drive before(correct me if I'm wrong) that kept it going for the cards...the refs totally blew the roughing the passer call on mcdonald I believe it was...I think íts complete BS that a player who is reaching to bat the ball down is penalized if his hands happen to come down on the QB's helmet...by no means should the ref had called that because it was not intentional...it was 3rd and long and off and on rackers would've had to try a field goal well over 40 yards...a make and we would have been down 6, a miss and the momentum would be ours...the turnovers will stop, keasey will not spin like he's a slash and dash RB but instead drop his head and run someone over, JTO hopefully will realise when he can run and not force a pass in, and learn how to tuck and protect ball when the opposing defensive lineman is pulling on yuor jersey...and bruce will show up...its bound to happen...its one game, no big deal

i was upset because i knew we coulda won that game we played better than them we were the better team its just the fumbles killed us! and special teaMS

heres to all the panickers...

Now, I really don't want to make any excuses or anything, because yesterdays game was a win that we REALLY needed. But after further review, I had a chance to reflect and read the statistics collectively. Believe it or not, on paper, we looked pretty solid.
I then went over to The Press Democrat (one of my resources for updates) and low and behold!! This here, supports EXACTLY what I was thinking.
Check it out:

--We outgained the Cardinals, 291-285, despite running 28 fewer plays. We averaged 6.6 yards per play. The Cardinals just 4.4 yards.

--The Cardinals converted just 5 of 16 third downs (31 %).
Although the Cardinals did convert both of their meaningful fourth-down attempts,
It's difficult to rip on the defensive effort after looking at those stats.

--Even though we had 5 turnovers , we still lost by only 10 points. But five turnovers, uh! uh! that's totally unforgivable.

--Four out five of those turnovers resulted in ZERO points. (Spikes fumble-liya was converted into points).

--Still think the defense had an off day? Peep this ..... the Cardinals averaged 2.8 yards per rushing attempt. The Cardinals outgained us by 1 yard on the ground DESPITE carrying 19 more times.

--J.T.
O'Sullivan had a passer rating of 80.
Yeah, JTO's fumbles can't be swept under the rug, but just going off of Comp/Att. ALONE, Warner had JTO beat by 2 measly little yards (197 tot.) going 19/30, while JTO went 14/20 for 195 yards. So that's 10 less attempts and 4 less completions for JTO (than Warner) and Warner sneaks by with +2 yards.

What to think of this?? I really dont' know, but this was a pretty decent performance according to the way the numbers read after comparing them to AZ's production. Yes, of course I would rather have the Dub than these stats, but this was an intresting find. Like I said no excuses because this win was important.
'Just thought I'd share this with er'body!!

darren, I agree with you that this losing sucks, and what is being done about it hasn't really been the right way to go about it. But seriously, I am and most fans are going to stick by our team through thick and thin. I think your idea of boycotting the team is kind of absurd..... if you want to do that though, more power to you, but don't expect anyone else to follow in your footsteps.

Darren - look at all these quotes and read yours. these quotes above yours are from real 9er fans like me. if you don't want to be told by real fans to stop bashing the team we love, why don't you go on Dallas' site, you're rooting for them this year aren't you?

there are names for guys like you - as you can tell from my sig, i know exactly what those names are.

**** off and **** you :)

KenTHEsfKING
09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
is it illiegal on hear to post, "i hope you die"? How about, "i hope you fall on a sharp stick on the way home"?

sportsnutzz
09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
is it illiegal on hear to post, "i hope you die"? How about, "i hope you fall on a sharp stick on the way home"?

:cheers:

Lincoln Logs
09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
^ Whoa whoa that's a little harsh. I'll agree that Darren's making a bit of a fool of himself, because he's going to the extremes, but he's entiteled to his opinion. I agree with him that nolan hasn't been the best coach, but he's transformed our defense, and the overall talent on this team, 10 fold since when he got here. He's ****ed up majorily with smith, but 2 years ago he led us to 7-9, and last year the entire team was decimated by injuries. My patience is running thin with him, and this is truly his make or break year, but I think he deserves this year to either prove he's a good coach, or be fired.

KenTHEsfKING
09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
lol spotsnutz ur ma boi! lol

KenTHEsfKING
09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
^ Whoa whoa that's a little harsh. I'll agree that Darren's making a bit of a fool of himself, because he's going to the extremes, but he's entiteled to his opinion. I agree with him that nolan hasn't been the best coach, but he's transformed our defense, and the overall talent on this team, 10 fold since when he got here. He's ****ed up majorily with smith, but 2 years ago he led us to 7-9, and last year the entire team was decimated by injuries. My patience is running thin with him, and this is truly his make or break year, but I think he deserves this year to either prove he's a good coach, or be fired.

good points ma brotha :clap: i am on the same logic flow as you

Vegasguy80
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
You are the last person on this board to give a State address. Give it a rest.

Nolan didn't throw one pass. He didn't bobble one ball. He didn't commit one penalty. Hell, he didn't call that many plays. Nolan coached the team. The team didn't perform. They committed 5 turnovers against a team that really isn't that good. So give it a rest about Nolan. You made this thread, that's enough. Stop bringing it up in every thread. Or just stop being a "fan" because "fans" like you aren't needed. There is another bandwagon for you to go jump on in Dallas.

And as for Nolan ruining Smith, not a chance. Smith was never that good to begin with. He had one nice year at Utah. That doesn't make him an NFL star. He played in the Mountain West conference which in 05 wasn't that tough. We should have never drafted him in the first place and Aaron Rodgers showed you why on Monday night.

sportsnutzz
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
There is another bandwagon for you to go jump on in Dallas.

:speechless: I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Darren5000
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Darren - look at all these quotes and read yours. these quotes above yours are from real 9er fans like me. if you don't want to be told by real fans to stop bashing the team we love, why don't you go on Dallas' site, you're rooting for them this year aren't you?

there are names for guys like you - as you can tell from my sig, i know exactly what those names are.

**** off and **** you :)

So what? I hear Savage chewing out an imbecile on the radio! I hear fans disagree with KNBR"s zoo crew. I hear Obama vs. McCain. you got your opinion, I got mine. But see, I expect expectations from the team. I'm not saying playoff or superbowl, but beat some worthy team on the schedule! Don't show me a Tampa bay win when they take players out. DOn't show me the Bengals win for theY SUCKED! Don't show me a Lions win for again, they suck. DOn't show me a hurt Seattle team that we could beat, or a hurt Pats team. Make the W convincing over a convincing team.

This is where it gets repetive when I have to remind you what Nolan has done, and our 4-12, 7 and 9, 5 and 11=16 and 32 +0 and 1=33. And I can name pretty much how we've done:
AFC South 1 and 3, Texans win
AFC North 1 and 3, Bengals win
AFC West, 2 and 2, Raiders (flop) and Broncos (Gave season up) wins
AFC East (Unknown)
NFC East 0 and 4 Plus 0 and 2 to Giants/Eagles in rematches
NFC North 2 and 2, wins over Lions/Vikings, lose rematch to Vikings
NFC South 1 and 3, win over Bucs (didn't play players)

See, this is what Nolan has done. Least 3 years ago, Holmgren went 4 and 0 against NFC East.

I will root for my team once we fire Mike Nolan. What other solutions do you have? Letter writing? Pester HQ with phone calls? Call up KNBR and voice displeasure? You got to be bold and I am bold when I say enough Mr. Nolan, you got to go. Yorks don't want to do it, then we need to boycott our 49ers until we get what we want. LOSING means we fire Nolan SOONER. Look, as much as losing is awful, winning and keeping the man will be 50 times worse! 16 and 33 is a terrible insult to those who have jobs. Chris Augusto, first year coach on College of Marin's football team got fired because COM went 0 for their season and lost games. You telling me we should keep a man that doesn't care of the team?

As a 49ers fan, I got MY RIGHTS. I will CHEER and I will BOO. Hey, Raider fans I'm sure booed their team out of the stadium. Least they got a right. Too bad as a 49ers fan, we have people like you who THINK they know what to do as a fan. Sorry, but even a prisoner deserves rights.

9erlakesdodgers
09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Broncos gave up season??? They had to win that game to get into the playoffs. You really are knob end.

Darren5000
09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Broncos gave up season??? They had to win that game to get into the playoffs. You really are knob end.

The Broncos inserted their QB during the season, and that cost them the playoffs that year! You don't just put in your QB during the season, you do it a year after you get him. Denver would've won the game had Jake Plummer been in there and you know it. That would've put us higher up in the draft. Look, when you take over a 2 and 14 team, take advantage of the situation and get some quality draft picks. 4 wins were OK, 7 wins were to high, and 5 wins is inexcusable to a good schedule last year. I say this time if we get a high pick in the first round, trade for additional picks. Didn't Bill Walsh do wheeling and dealing with picks like that? I like to see additional players. We won't do well in FA anyway for next year.

ninerfan609
09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
5 wins are crap when players are injured...nah mean.

974life
09-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I feel good about the niners sure we have our things to work on but anyone who saw the game clearly seen we are improved we are not that bad.

houseofcain
09-10-2008, 12:01 AM
You just feel watching the game that they are sheep without a herder. The team doesn't know how to grind it out and pull off tough wins. Nolan doesn't have a killer instinct.

THE NATION
09-10-2008, 03:06 PM
You are the last person on this board to give a State address. Give it a rest.

Nolan didn't throw one pass. He didn't bobble one ball. He didn't commit one penalty. Hell, he didn't call that many plays. Nolan coached the team. The team didn't perform. They committed 5 turnovers against a team that really isn't that good. So give it a rest about Nolan. You made this thread, that's enough. Stop bringing it up in every thread. Or just stop being a "fan" because "fans" like you aren't needed. There is another bandwagon for you to go jump on in Dallas.

And as for Nolan ruining Smith, not a chance. Smith was never that good to begin with. He had one nice year at Utah. That doesn't make him an NFL star. He played in the Mountain West conference which in 05 wasn't that tough. We should have never drafted him in the first place and Aaron Rodgers showed you why on Monday night.
That is why Nolan needs to go. He picked the players and wasted the 1st pick in the draft. He also picked th OC last year that sucked and got fired in the middle of the year. Nolan kept Dilfer out there too many games, Hill came in and looked pretty good. Coaches get about 3 or 4 years in the NFL and last year we sucked. We need a change.

Darren5000
09-10-2008, 03:07 PM
That is why Nolan needs to go. He picked the players and wasted the 1st pick in the draft. He also picked th OC last year that sucked and got fired in the middle of the year. Nolan kept Dilfer out there too many games, Hill came in and looked pretty good. Coaches get about 3 or 4 years in the NFL and last year we sucked. We need a change.

:):clap:
I couldn't agree anymore my friend. Welcome aboard!

sy49ers
09-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, the state of the 49ers is bad. In fact, I would say it's in more disarray that it has ever been and that includes the so-called "limbo" post Eddie DiBartolo. Denise giving control to this idiot John York is where our problems started. This is the time the 49ers turned into an investment based on "not losing money". This is when we replaced Steve Mariucci with Dennis Erickson who never had one successful year as an NFL head coach. His best season being 7-9 with Seattle. After performing to the low standards set by this below average head coach who mind you has no historical relation to Bill Walsh (which nearly all great current head coaches come from in some way), we hire another guy who has no relation and no experience which would tell us he would be successful. Then after letting Jeff Garcia go, we have no plan at quarterback. To this day, who knows what it is. Then we let go of T.O. and have yet to have a decent wide out since. I remember when this organization prided itself on having some of the great up and coming receivers in the league. Now when you hear someone say that we have a good up and coming wide out, it's all talk and if it wasn't... we wouldn't have a quarterback who could get him the ball anyway. It seems that this team has either gone after borderline 2nd tier star players (Antonio Bryant) with bad attitudes or simply gone after someone who is only good on a good team (i.e. Darrell Jackson). Some will say.... well we do have Frank Gore.... and to them I would say... we have to get lucky with a draft pick every once in a while. For some reason or another we keep quite literally running into a decent running back, but that's all this organization has. If this organization is "rebuilding", then where are our stars of the future on offense? And to take it further... how are our high-priced DBs supposed to chase wide receivers (average or great) around the field without any kind of a pass rush? It seems that this becomes an issue year after year. Supposedly Mike Nolan is a defensive coach and yet every year the niners are consistently in the last 5 in team defense and always near the bottom in sacks. The reality is that this franchise is in the midst of major internal problems where inept people are in charge at nearly every level. The niners are now the laughing-stock of the league and it's no wonder. How does the model franchise of the NFL with the most Super Bowl wins and 20 years of unparalleled success turn into what it is now?!?!? As a 49ers fan for over 20 years myself, I just find this turnaround to be sad and absolutely disgraceful. It's simply shocking how bad things have gotten and even worse to see that a team that has brought 5 championships to San Francisco (a city with only one other major sports title **SF Warriors**) can't even get a new stadium, while the Giants have received a state-of-the-art facility that is quite possibly the most beautiful ballpark in the world in spite of the inability of the giants to win a world series since they came to SF. Simply AMAZING! As much as I want our team to turnaround, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably not going to happen. The York's lack of initiative in terms of spending money is evidence that we will not have any kind of a quality team any time in the near future. Even if anyone believed that the York's were trying to build a team up from scratch must look at the ridiculously inexperienced head coaches that these lame ******* have put in place. As much as some people hated Steve Mariucci when he was head coach... we did win. We didn't win the big one, but we won and we won consistently. He got the most out of his players unlike anything we've seen since. The reality is that we won't see anything until the Yorks do sell the team. Hopefully Mark Cuban or someone that realizes that a sports owner has a job as a steward to the fans who put them in business year in and year out and will pick up the fledgling pieces that are left of our once great franchise and put them back together when the Yorks are forced to sell the team.

NorCalzimm
09-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, the state of the 49ers is bad. In fact, I would say it's in more disarray that it has ever been and that includes the so-called "limbo" post Eddie DiBartolo. Denise giving control to this idiot John York is where our problems started. This is the time the 49ers turned into an investment based on "not losing money". This is when we replaced Steve Mariucci with Dennis Erickson who never had one successful year as an NFL head coach. His best season being 7-9 with Seattle. After performing to the low standards set by this below average head coach who mind you has no historical relation to Bill Walsh (which nearly all great current head coaches come from in some way), we hire another guy who has no relation and no experience which would tell us he would be successful. Then after letting Jeff Garcia go, we have no plan at quarterback. To this day, who knows what it is. Then we let go of T.O. and have yet to have a decent wide out since. I remember when this organization prided itself on having some of the great up and coming receivers in the league. Now when you hear someone say that we have a good up and coming wide out, it's all talk and if it wasn't... we wouldn't have a quarterback who could get him the ball anyway. It seems that this team has either gone after borderline 2nd tier star players (Antonio Bryant) with bad attitudes or simply gone after someone who is only good on a good team (i.e. Darrell Jackson). Some will say.... well we do have Frank Gore.... and to them I would say... we have to get lucky with a draft pick every once in a while. For some reason or another we keep quite literally running into a decent running back, but that's all this organization has. If this organization is "rebuilding", then where are our stars of the future on offense? And to take it further... how are our high-priced DBs supposed to chase wide receivers (average or great) around the field without any kind of a pass rush? It seems that this becomes an issue year after year. Supposedly Mike Nolan is a defensive coach and yet every year the niners are consistently in the last 5 in team defense and always near the bottom in sacks. The reality is that this franchise is in the midst of major internal problems where inept people are in charge at nearly every level. The niners are now the laughing-stock of the league and it's no wonder. How does the model franchise of the NFL with the most Super Bowl wins and 20 years of unparalleled success turn into what it is now?!?!? As a 49ers fan for over 20 years myself, I just find this turnaround to be sad and absolutely disgraceful. It's simply shocking how bad things have gotten and even worse to see that a team that has brought 5 championships to San Francisco (a city with only one other major sports title **SF Warriors**) can't even get a new stadium, while the Giants have received a state-of-the-art facility that is quite possibly the most beautiful ballpark in the world in spite of the inability of the giants to win a world series since they came to SF. Simply AMAZING! As much as I want our team to turnaround, I have come to the conclusion that it is probably not going to happen. The York's lack of initiative in terms of spending money is evidence that we will not have any kind of a quality team any time in the near future. Even if anyone believed that the York's were trying to build a team up from scratch must look at the ridiculously inexperienced head coaches that these lame ******* have put in place. As much as some people hated Steve Mariucci when he was head coach... we did win. We didn't win the big one, but we won and we won consistently. He got the most out of his players unlike anything we've seen since. The reality is that we won't see anything until the Yorks do sell the team. Hopefully Mark Cuban or someone that realizes that a sports owner has a job as a steward to the fans who put them in business year in and year out and will pick up the fledgling pieces that are left of our once great franchise and put them back together when the Yorks are forced to sell the team.

Hi- Darren

kfranks22
09-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi- Darren

That's not Darren, there was actually a thought process behind what was said in that rant... Lol

kfranks22
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM

By the way AT&T park was privatly funded by Giants ownership and had absolutly nothing to do with the city... FYI

NorCalzimm
09-10-2008, 05:42 PM
That's not Darren, there was actually a thought process behind what was said in that rant... Lol

Good point!- lol
*oops your off topic- youre gonna get reported!

NorCalzimm
09-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Good point!- lol
*oops your off topic- youre gonna get reported!

Oops- I'm off topic- Dammit, I can't win! LOL

Darren5000
09-10-2008, 05:48 PM

A tear falls from my eye to read a great post from a true 49er fan that sees the team for what it is. Things have to be fixed.

Pipes
09-10-2008, 05:54 PM
A tear falls from my eye to read a great post from a true 49er fan that sees the team for what it is. Things have to be fixed.

A tear fall from my eye from laughter :laugh2: after seeing ingnorant post after post from you!

kfranks22
09-10-2008, 05:55 PM
A tear fall from my eye from laughter :laugh2: after seeing ingnorant post after post from you!

Don't be mean... He's gonna run to the man and tattle on you!!!:cry:

Pipes
09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Don't be mean... He's gonna run to the man and tattle on you!!!:cry:

:censored: it!!!! Bring it on!!!!:mad: I challenge you Karren5000 to banned me!!!! Because you will have all of CHIEFS NATION!!!!! on you like stank on :censored:!!

bigmac8675
09-10-2008, 06:22 PM

Paragraphs are your friend. :confused:

sy49ers
09-10-2008, 09:07 PM
By the way AT&T park was privatly funded by Giants ownership and had absolutly nothing to do with the city... FYI

Kfranks22,

Honestly, does it even matter? The bottom line is we can't even get a privately funded new stadium in San Francisco. I wasn't blaming the city necessarily, but let's be real the city of San Francisco spends money like it's solar energy. Why can't they support a team that is truly part of the culture and appeal of the city of San Francisco? And if private money is really who you want behind such a project, why hasn't a group of businessmen stepped up and put a package together for a new stadium that isn't part of a former theme park in Santa Clara? Last time I checked that's not San Francisco. It just doesn't inspire much confidence. To be perfectly honest, I hope the investor group in Los Angeles that is looking to get a new team puts a serious bid on the 49ers coming to L.A. because that would light a fire under the *** of the city government and business people in S.F. to keep the team here and bring the franchise back to NFL prominence.

sy49ers
09-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Paragraphs are your friend. :confused:

Since when does anyone care about paragraphs on a forum? Next time I'll space out my posts or send you a word doc. This way you don't have to go through the trouble of formatting my posts yourself.:smoking:

Darren5000
09-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Since when does anyone care about paragraphs on a forum? Next time I'll space out my posts or send you a word doc. This way you don't have to go through the trouble of formatting my posts yourself.:smoking:

Ah pay no attention. Some fans are still in the Superbowl/playoff fantasy world they come up with on Madden games.

kfranks22
09-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Kfranks22,

Honestly, does it even matter? The bottom line is we can't even get a privately funded new stadium in San Francisco. I wasn't blaming the city necessarily, but let's be real the city of San Francisco spends money like it's solar energy. Why can't they support a team that is truly part of the culture and appeal of the city of San Francisco? And if private money is really who you want behind such a project, why hasn't a group of businessmen stepped up and put a package together for a new stadium that isn't part of a former theme park in Santa Clara? Last time I checked that's not San Francisco. It just doesn't inspire much confidence. To be perfectly honest, I hope the investor group in Los Angeles that is looking to get a new team puts a serious bid on the 49ers coming to L.A. because that would light a fire under the *** of the city government and business people in S.F. to keep the team here and bring the franchise back to NFL prominence.

The problem is that it's the people who are rejecting the stadium... I don't really disagree with you I find your points some what valid, but the fact of the matter is that the people in the city will never ever agree to pay for a stadium and York will never fork over that type of money without some help... Economics 101

sy49ers
09-11-2008, 12:15 AM
The problem is that it's the people who are rejecting the stadium... I don't really disagree with you I find your points some what valid, but the fact of the matter is that the people in the city will never ever agree to pay for a stadium and York will never fork over that type of money without some help... Economics 101

Economics 101 has nothing to do with it. Prominent sports franchises (especially one as storied as the 49ers) should not have to beg for a new stadium. Look at other prominent franchises in nearly all sports. They have all received a combination of public and private money or a prominent businessman to fund their new stadiums or arenas. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Lakers, or Boston Celtics who have all recently (last 15 years) or will receive a new stadium (as is the case with the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees) next season. The 49ers can easily be mentioned in the same breath as these franchises in terms of their history and hence, it makes no sense that they would not get that kind of support. If they cannot get that kind of support from the people in the area, they do not deserve to have a team, especially one of consequence. It's pathetic when teams like the Giants (who haven't won a world series since leaving NY) and the Raiders (a classless organization with a history of bad ownership) have better fans than teams like the A's and 49ers who have actually won and won on a level which compares to other storied franchises in their prospective sports.

bigmac8675
09-11-2008, 12:19 AM

Nah, man I am no hating. It was a well thought out post, it just was a PITA to read. Thats all... so calm down newb.

Ah pay no attention. Some fans are still in the Superbowl/playoff fantasy world they come up with on Madden games.

Madden fantasy world? Haha, please! Dude, the last madden I own is Madden 06 on my xbox. You are the one always talking about your Madden experience and how it should translate to the real world.

kfranks22
09-11-2008, 12:52 AM
Economics 101 has nothing to do with it. Prominent sports franchises (especially one as storied as the 49ers) should not have to beg for a new stadium. Look at other prominent franchises in nearly all sports. They have all received a combination of public and private money or a prominent businessman to fund their new stadiums or arenas. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Lakers, or Boston Celtics who have all recently (last 15 years) or will receive a new stadium (as is the case with the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees) next season. The 49ers can easily be mentioned in the same breath as these franchises in terms of their history and hence, it makes no sense that they would not get that kind of support. If they cannot get that kind of support from the people in the area, they do not deserve to have a team, especially one of consequence. It's pathetic when teams like the Giants (who haven't won a world series since leaving NY) and the Raiders (a classless organization with a history of bad ownership) have better fans than teams like the A's and 49ers who have actually won and won on a level which compares to other storied franchises in their prospective sports.

No it is economics 101... It's funny that every team you mentioned had, or is having the city finance their stadiums, yet you expect the Yorks to privatly fund a theirs... So you just stregthen my argument by sighting those examples... I'm not going to go back and fourth about how business works... Lets try and get back on topic!

Lincoln Logs
09-11-2008, 01:39 AM
You have some great points sy49ers, and you made them coherent and non-annoying as in the constant Darren5000 posts repeating the exact same thing. Very good post, and I agree, the Yorks should never have taken over our team. I want the years when "Super Bowl or Bust" was our motto back as well.

I still think Nolan has done enough to warrent one last season. After all we, were destroyed by injuries last year, but we were 7-9 in his 2nd season. I saw signs to be exited about yesterday, especially in the 1st half, and talent wise we're 100x improved from when he took over. If we start off 0-4, then by all means fire him, but I think Darren needs to calm down a bit and just let the first couple of games play out before going AWOL.

Darren5000
09-11-2008, 01:59 AM
You have some great points sy49ers, and you made them coherent and non-annoying as in the constant Darren5000 posts repeating the exact same thing. Very good post, and I agree, the Yorks should never have taken over our team. I want the years when "Super Bowl or Bust" was our motto back as well.

I still think Nolan has done enough to warrent one last season. After all we, were destroyed by injuries last year, but we were 7-9 in his 2nd season. I saw signs to be exited about yesterday, especially in the 1st half, and talent wise we're 100x improved from when he took over. If we start off 0-4, then by all means fire him, but I think Darren needs to calm down a bit and just let the first couple of games play out before going AWOL.

I'm just tired of losing, and if we were to beat Seattle, it's the 06/07 year again! I don't want to beat a lame team. I just prefer get the season over with, lose, fire Nolan SOONER not LATER. Otherwise, we'll lose this team for good.

sy49ers
09-11-2008, 04:54 PM
No it is economics 101... It's funny that every team you mentioned had, or is having the city finance their stadiums, yet you expect the Yorks to privatly fund a theirs... So you just stregthen my argument by sighting those examples... I'm not going to go back and fourth about how business works... Lets try and get back on topic!

Honestly, it's like you didn't even read my post! I didn't even know you had an argument other than the city wasn't going to finance the project and we weren't going to get private funding. My point is that all of these marquee franchises were able to get something done for their old arenas and stadiums. Explain to me why the 49ers are doomed to face such peril. That has nothing to do with economics. Do you know anything about the finances of the city of San Francisco? They spend money on frivolous items everyday. To say that they wouldn't fund a stadium is sac-religious (meaning they don't care about taxpayer's wishes) and to say that a private businessman (not the Yorks because most of these stadiums that i cited were put up by businessmen other than the owners of the team). So I honestly don't know what you're trying to say?

kfranks22
09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Honestly, it's like you didn't even read my post! I didn't even know you had an argument other than the city wasn't going to finance the project and we weren't going to get private funding. My point is that all of these marquee franchises were able to get something done for their old arenas and stadiums. Explain to me why the 49ers are doomed to face such peril. That has nothing to do with economics. Do you know anything about the finances of the city of San Francisco? They spend money on frivolous items everyday. To say that they wouldn't fund a stadium is sac-religious (meaning they don't care about taxpayer's wishes) and to say that a private businessman (not the Yorks because most of these stadiums that i cited were put up by businessmen other than the owners of the team). So I honestly don't know what you're trying to say?

What I don't understand is your point about the city spending frivolous money everyday without the taxpayers consent, are you saying then that they should just drop $500 million on a stadium without consent of the taxpayer, because that would never, ever happen. And I believe there are private business men already in place to help fund the new stadium, the only thing to work out is which city (SF or Santa Clara) is willing to drop public money (taxes) to have the thing built. So I don't know what your trying to say... Either way, again, let's drop it and get back to the topic at hand, which is the team on the field.