PDA

View Full Version : Byron Leftwich

Jluna016
09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
What about trading for him. He has a strong arm, put up solid numbers on a team with no receivers and he is still young. He had a great preseason and I think all he needs is a good team to excel. To me he seems to be a better option than Culpepper and you wouldn't have to give up that much for him.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Yes please i like him as one of the top behind Simms Volek and Feeley but i never did realize he never had receivers.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Why would the Steelers want to help us out? Roethlisberger is one play away from being shelved just like Brady.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
What about one of those QBs in san fran they all had a chance to start im not sure who is the starter but i would take JT O sullivan or shaun hill i doubt they would trade Alex Smith.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
What about one of those QBs in san fran they all had a chance to start im not sure who is the starter but i would take JT O sullivan or shaun hill i doubt they would trade Alex Smith.

O'Sullivan is their starter. Shaun Hill is no better than Cassel, and Alex Smith is a bust. PASS.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
And i guess Rex Grossman is out there he can win some games and he has never had top of the line receivers or a great O line.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I wanted O Sullivan so i was hoping they would have went with someone else but o well.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Where is Joey Harrington? Matt Shcaub?

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:08 PM
David Carr?

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Schaub is the Texans' starter, so again, he won't be traded here. Carr? Harrington? Grossman? Are you kidding me? That would be a downgrade from Cassel. Each of those QB's have proven to be nothing more than career backups.

Jluna016
09-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Unlike other quarterbacks listed, Leftwich actually did put up decent consistent numbers when he started on a team with a bad offense.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Unlike other quarterbacks listed, Leftwich actually did put up decent consistent numbers when he started on a team with a bad offense.

Yes, but as I said before, why would Pittsburgh want to help us out? An experienced backup is unbelieveably valueable for them to have.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Im not saying they need to come in and be starters i say we try them out one of them and see what we get from them.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:18 PM
And Cassel's reseume is backup which he did in college and so far in the nfl, i have always liked him and i really like Kevin O connel but i would like to bring in a veteran as more of a saftey net then O connel and MG. And i really think that Rex Grossman would be a much better QB in our offense, same with any other QB that we could sign.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Im not saying they need to come in and be starters i say we try them out one of them and see what we get from them.

They have already proven that they can provide NOTHING to a good team.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I believe that Rex Grossman was in the super bowl a few years ago.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I believe that Rex Grossman was in the super bowl a few years ago.

Yes he was. Why was he there though? Was it because of the almost record setting defense of the 2006 Bears, along with the kick and punt returning of Devin Hester? Or was it because of Rex Grossman? Come on.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
He still won and they still won with rex under center and again not to come in and take cassel spot someone to back up cassel who has won played in the playoffs and has started some games.

DyNaMo45
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
You think the Texans would be willing to part ways with Sage Rosenfels? I mean he's shown he can be a decent pocket passer, but Schaub is very vulnerable. Plus, he could be the veteran presence they're seeking under center.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:33 PM
You think the Texans would be willing to part ways with Sage Rosenfels? I mean he's shown he can be a decent pocket passer, but Schaub is very vulnerable. Plus, he could be the veteran presence they're seeking under center.

No, I don't think so. An experienced backup is very valueable.

Jluna016
09-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Back to what you said earlier, the steelers whould part with Leftwich becuase they also have Dennis Dixson who looked very good in the pre-season. Also, they would be willing to trade with one of their rivials if the price was good enough (4th round draft pick)

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Back to what you said earlier, the steelers whould part with Leftwich becuase they also have Dennis Dixson who looked very good in the pre-season. Also, they would be willing to trade with one of their rivials if the price was good enough (4th round draft pick)

It's a good thought, but Dennis Dixon, as well as he played in preseason, is far from a proven commodity.

Jluna016
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
but in a worst case scenario if Big Ben gets injured the steelers would probably end up relying on their running game anyway since they have parker and mendenhall and would not really rely on a quaterback. Thats why I think Dixon would actually be a better fit for the steelers back up because although he is unproven he can pass pretty well and he can make the steelers a deadly quarterback option team.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 10:25 PM
but in a worst case scenario if Big Ben gets injured the steelers would probably end up relying on their running game anyway since they have parker and mendenhall and would not really rely on a quaterback. Thats why I think Dixon would actually be a better fit for the steelers back up because although he is unproven he can pass pretty well and he can make the steelers a deadly quarterback option team.

The bottom line is that no one is in the business of helping the Pats get better.

Jluna016
09-08-2008, 10:48 PM
correct but they will be willing to help the pats get better if they also get better. They will turn a cheap free agent signing who probably wouldn't even play into a fourth round pick. That is getting better

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 11:30 PM
I still think they'll go with the experienced backup over an unproven college player. I could be wrong, but I really think I'm right.

Hometeamrivals
09-09-2008, 12:39 AM
Did anyone hear the Flutie rumor??? I thought that was a stretch

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Did anyone hear the Flutie rumor??? I thought that was a stretch

Yes, definitely a stretch. Bringing back a player who has been retired for two full seasons almost never happens, and it won't happen here either.

Snydesdale
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Flutie really no way he wasnt even that good when he was 30 let alone hes gotta be 40 now. There are much better options then flutie, hell what about steve grogan.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Flutie really no way he wasnt even that good when he was 30 let alone hes gotta be 40 now. There are much better options then flutie, hell what about steve grogan.

We know that Flutie wasn't a legit suggestion. His name was just one of many that was thrown out there by panicing pats fans. Don't overreact.

cmoneytakemoney
09-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I like Seneca Wallace but, I doubt the Seahawks would let him go.

ERLynx
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I hate this. I hate this whole conversation and I hate this whole situation. It's making me sick. I need to get away from sports. It's ruining my life.

patsphilosophy
09-09-2008, 01:37 PM
The best available option for QB depth is to bring back Matt Guiterez? He has the most knowledge of the offense aside from Brady and Cassell.That will add depth. There isnt a QB out there in my opinion that we could sign and start. There is just way too much offense for a player to learn in a few weeks. Cassell has 3 years in the system and MG has a year and then on top of that OcOnnell has a full training camp. That's 3 Qbs that have experience in our offensive system. We'll be alright.

Crickr
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
IMO we will be seeing some of the newest of the Pats QB's this season. I do think OcOnell will get some playing time and surprise a lot of people.

Snydesdale
09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
O connel is a very good player and i thought that when we drafted him that he would take over the backup job, cassels backup job but since the recent twist cassel is starter, but i also think o connel will suprise people.

cocossox
09-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I like Seneca Wallace but, I doubt the Seahawks would let him go.imo he would be a very nice addition also he can make a catch once in a while if need be kinda like a slash type i like it but i think its wishful thinking.

Snydesdale
09-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Yeah i would love to have wallace but really doubt that he will get out of there, he might be what there going to use after hasselback.

futureheisman
09-17-2008, 05:06 PM
try to get him

futureheisman
09-30-2008, 07:56 PM
i would love to see this happen

The Intimidator
10-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Read my last post in the brady quinn thread for an answer to your question, future heisman. :smoking: