PDA

View Full Version : Put any Two Superstars in the League Now with these players, do they win it all?

JordansBulls
09-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Put any two Players in the league with these players.

Damon Jones - PG
Chris Duhon - PG
Jason Kapono - SG/SF
Ben Gordon SG or 6th man
Keith Van Horn - SF/PF
Eduardo Najera SF/PF
Robert Horry - PF
Kenny Thomas - PF
Jason collins - C/PF
Chris Mihm - C/PF

Example: If you choose Yao Ming for your Center than that means you switch Jason Collins or Chris Mihm to your PF.
If you choose to have a dominant PF like Tim Duncan, then that means you switch your C to be Jason Collins or Chris Mihm. Don't make it where Duncan is the C and Najera is the PF.

If you have CP3 as your PG then you either use Kapano at SG or Ben Gordon.

Some players don't have an alternate position, so if you lack a PG, you can't put Ben Gordon at that spot since he only plays SG.

The point of this is to see will any two players in the league be able to win a title with the above team considering the PF positions could be weak and/or center.

Also of note is that you can get a good 6th man and/or 3 point shooters on the team so that definitely helps.

All in all, can you create a team with the above players and any two superstars in the league that would win it all and be a favorite to do so?

barreleffact
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
duhon
kobe
kapono
kenny
dwight
6th man- ben gordon
title?- no

Vidball
09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
The backcourt isn't too bad, but the front court is really week. A couple frontcourt players like LeBron and Dwight would go well though.

Duhon/Jones
Gordon/Kapono
LeBron/Kapono
Thomas/Najera
Dwight/Collins

That looks pretty good to me. I think this team would have a good shot to win it all. A few guys that can spread the court, a couple guys that can create their own shots, and a beast down low.

$ NyC $
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
pg chris duhon
sg ben gordon
sf Van Horn
pf Dirk Nowitzki
C Dwight Howard

it's just a possibility

if we could just any players ever i would pick MJ and Shaq in his prime

Afridi786
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Duhon/Jones
Gordon/Kapono
LeBron/Kapono
Duncan/Najera
Mihm/Kenny

$ NyC $
09-08-2008, 12:49 PM

Damon Jones - PG
Chris Duhon - PG
Jason Kapono - SG/SF
Ben Gordon SG or 6th man
Keith Van Horn - SF/PF
Eduardo Najera SF/PF
Robert Horry - PF
Kenny Thomas - PF
Jason collins - C/PF
Chris Mihm - C/PF

Example: If you choose Yao Ming for your Center than that means you switch Jason Collins or Chris Mihm to your PF.
If you choose to have a dominant PF like Tim Duncan, then that means you switch your C to be Jason Collins or Chris Mihm. Don't make it where Duncan is the C and Najera is the PF.

Some players don't have an alternate position, so if you lack a PG, you can't put Ben Gordon at that spot since he only plays SG.

The point of this is to see will any two players in the league be able to win a title with the above team considering the PF positions could be weak and/or center.

Also of note is that you can get a good 6th man and/or 3 point shooters on the team so that definitely helps.

All in all, can you create a team with the above players and any two superstars in the league that would win it all and be a favorite to do so?

BTW, you come up w'some great threads

ttam68
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Chris Duhon
Jason Kapono
Lebron
Amare
Chris Mihm

Bench:
Ben Gordon
Damon Jones
Eduardo Najera
Jason Collins
Etc.

They'd win the title

DreamShaker
09-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Chris Duhon
Jason Kapono
Lebron
Amare
Chris Mihm

Bench:
Ben Gordon
Damon Jones
Eduardo Najera
Jason Collins
Etc.

They'd win the title

Lol Amare???

SeoulBeatz
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Duhon- Underrated, dropped 40 in a game last year, can hit the open jumper. Solid Defender.
Gordon- Undersized but he is a fantastic scorer.
Kapono- Lights out 3 point shooter can spread the floor.
Dirk Nowitzki- Best offesnive PF in the league today. Would spread the floor.
Tim Duncan- Best playoff big man in the NBA today, no one knows how to win like Duncan. His defensive post presence would intimidate smaller guys from driving the lane.

So basically, i think this team would win because they have one of the best inside players in the game, paired with the best offesnive big man in the game, to compensate for their awful frontcourt depth. With Dirk and Duncan getting all the attention downlow, this will allow the solid 3 point shooters in Kapono, Duhon, and Gordon to get open looks ALL DAY. And if the shots arent falling, just give it to dirk so he can iso, or give it to duncan in the post for an easy bank shot or inside bucket.

NOw thats a team that could contend for a chip

superkegger
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
PG: Chris Duhon/Damon Jones
SG: Ben Gordon/Jason Kapono
SF: LeBron James/KVH
PF: Eduardo Najera/Robert Horry/Kenny Thomas
C: Dwight Howard/Jason Collins/Chris Mihm

I don't know if that team would win it all, but it would be a good team...I think it would make a deep run, but its still not the best team in the league...

tkshy
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Damon Jones - PG
Chris Duhon - PG
Jason Kapono - SG/SF
Ben Gordon SG or 6th man
Keith Van Horn - SF/PF (really?)
Eduardo Najera SF/PF
Robert Horry - PF
Kenny Thomas - PF
Jason collins - C/PF
Chris Mihm - C/PF
Two stars Kobe & Lebron

PG-Duhon, Jones
SG-Kobe, Gordon
SF-Lebron, Kapono, Van Horn
PF-Kenny Thomas, Horry, Najera
C-Collins, Mihm

CHAMPIONSHIP! I don't know why some of the guys are on that list, but you put Kobe and Lebron together and you could throw me and the guy who started this thread on the team and we would at least contend for a title.

Joshtd1
09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Put Kobe and Duncan on the team with that, and I believe they would win.

ZHawk1123
09-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Kobe and KG

SG: Kobe Bryant/Ben Gordon
SF: Jason Kapono/E. Najera/KVH
PF: Kevin Garnett/Kenny Thomas/Rob Horry
C: Chris Mihm/Jason Collins

JordansBulls
09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Damon Jones - PG
Chris Duhon - PG
Jason Kapono - SG/SF
Ben Gordon SG or 6th man
Keith Van Horn - SF/PF (really?)
Eduardo Najera SF/PF
Robert Horry - PF
Kenny Thomas - PF
Jason collins - C/PF
Chris Mihm - C/PF
Two stars Kobe & Lebron

PG-Duhon, Jones
SG-Kobe, Gordon
SF-Lebron, Kapono, Van Horn
PF-Kenny Thomas, Horry, Najera
C-Collins, Mihm

CHAMPIONSHIP! I don't know why some of the guys are on that list, but you put Kobe and Lebron together and you could throw me and the guy who started this thread on the team and we would at least contend for a title.

Have you seen that frontcourt?

I put this team like this for a reason. It makes you have to pick a big man.

jgonboricua
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
i would put chris paul and lebron...them two together would be unstoppable....

JordansBulls
09-08-2008, 04:04 PM
PG Chris Duhon/Damon Jones
SG Jason Kapano/Ben Gordon
SF Lebron James/Eduardo Najera/Keith Van Horn
PF Tim Duncan/Kenny Thomas/Robert Horry
C Jason Collins/Chris Mihm

I think that team would do quite well. Lebron and Duncan are both efficient enough to make up for the lack of everyone else. If you double Lebron or Timmy you have the best shooter 3pt% in history on your team and you have a 6th man on the team in Ben Gordon.

I could see them winning the title.

MiamiHeat
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
i got acouple of combos

CP3 and LBJ
Kobe and Howard
Kobe and Howard
Lebron and Howard
Home Pick:
Wade and Lebron
CP3 and Wade
Wade and Howard

BRADfromOZ
09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I'll go with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard but with this team;
PG Paul/Duhon/Jones
SG Gordon/Kapono
SF Najera/Van Horn
PF Howard/Horry/Thomas
C Mhim/Collins
I don't think they'll win it all.

Famous03
09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Howard and Lebron.

Kyle N.
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
CP3 and LeBron and you got yourself a championship.

greg_ory_2005
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Duhon
Gordon
LeBron
Thomas
Dwight

Vinny642
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
BTW, you come up w'some great threads

Thats what im saying

BoSox47
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Perkins/Powe
Garnett/Big Baby
Pierce/Walker
Allen/Allen
Rondo/House

oh wait..... thats already a realistic lineup... damn

bostncelts34
09-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Paul
Gordon
Kapono
KG
Collins

Westbrook36
09-08-2008, 08:12 PM
PG Chris Duhon/Damon Jones
SG Ben Gordon/Damon Jones
SF Jason Kapano/Eduardo Najera/Keith Van Horn
PF Tim Ducan/Kenny Thomas/Robert Horry
C Dwight Howard/Chris Mihm

Downlow is very weak, Without a Doubt I would pick Dwight and Duncan/KG. Kopono is atleast a Decent SF who can shoot the three and Ben Gordon can go off all you need is a decent PG with a Combo downlow to feed to and Great shooters on the outside.

IndyRealist
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
PG Chris Duhon
SG Ben Gordon
SF Danny Granger
PF Eduardo Najera
C Yao Ming
6th - Robert Horry

The only one who can't knock down the 3 is Yao. The only one who can't defend his position is Gordon. Everyone can hit free throws. Duhon, Gordon, and Granger can slash to the basket, Yao can post up. Najera does the dirty work. They can run in transition if Yao gets the rebound, they can play through the post because Yao demands double teams, they can play pick and roll with virtually any of the backcourt players. Gordon, Granger, Yao, and Horry are all used to taking clutch shots for their teams. The only real weakness to this team is rebounding. Only Yao is a good rebounder, Granger and Najera are only average, and Gordon is undersized. This team would be scary down 2 with 1.2 seconds left in the game.

I have a question though, why these particular players? I mean, Keith Van Horn is only "active" in the most technical sense. There are plenty of other role players out there to fill a roster with. Plus it seems like the list discourages selecting a guard, since Duhon is an above average point guard, and if you select a SG then you may lose Kopono or Gordon, both good players. The SF, PF, and C selections are average role players.

Note: Yes, I chose Granger because I'm from Indiana. After many a long debate with other fans, I'm willing to concede that his position may be interchangeable with either Loul Deng or Rudy Gay.

ttam68
09-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Lol Amare???

Something wrong with Amare? Show me something better.

Lakersfan2483
09-09-2008, 06:27 AM

Damon Jones - PG
Chris Duhon - PG
Jason Kapono - SG/SF
Ben Gordon SG or 6th man
Keith Van Horn - SF/PF
Eduardo Najera SF/PF
Robert Horry - PF
Kenny Thomas - PF
Jason collins - C/PF
Chris Mihm - C/PF

Good Thread. My two Superstar choices: Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett

PG: C. Duhon/D. Jones
SG: K. Bryant/B. Gordon
SF: K. Van Horn/J. Kapono/Najera
PF: Kevin Garnett/Robert Horry/K. Thomas
C: C. Mihm/J. Collins

I think this team would be good enough to win the title and here is why, with Kobe, you have a clutch player who can play defense and hit big shots. With KG you have a great defender down low who can dominate the boards and provide great leadership. Also, KG has a great midrange game and a good post game. C. Duhon is a solid point guard who can hit the 3 and play good perimeter defense. K. Van Horn is a good shooter and a decent rebounder. Mihm would def. be a servicable center. B. Gordon would be great off of the bench and would provide the spark offensively. This team would win 2 titles, maybe 3.

Chronz
09-09-2008, 06:43 AM
Vince Carter and Jason Kidd, put any 3 scrubs around them and they will contend for a title......

Lakersfan2483
09-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Tim Duncan and T. Mac

Duhon/D. Jones
T. Mac/B.Gordon/Kapono
K. Van Horn/Najera
Duncan/R. Horry/K. Thomas
Mihm/J. Collins

LakerzDQ
09-09-2008, 06:57 AM
PG-Duhon
SG-Ben Gordon
SF-Jason Kapono
PF-Kevin Garnett
C-Tim Duncan

duhon, kapono, and gordon spreads the floor extremely well. so I decided on 2 bigs. Duncan and KG are both extremely good defenders, and rebounders. Both unselfish, both have a large arsenal in their offensive games. try to double them inside, the shooters will kill you. no frontcourt can contend with KG/Duncan. their perimeter defense isn't the best, but at least there won't be many easy layups.

Mave1002
09-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Duhon/Jones
Gordon//Kapono
Van Horn/Najera
Pau/Horry/Thomas
Yao/Mihm/Collins

Tom81
09-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Kobe and TD

SG: Kobe Bryant/Ben Gordon
SF: Jason Kapono/E. Najera/KVH
PF: Tim Duncam/Kenny Thomas/Rob Horry
C: Chris Mihm/Jason Collins

Lakersfan2483
09-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Duhon/Jones
Gordon//Kapono
Van Horn/Najera
Pau/Horry/Thomas
Yao/Mihm/Collins

This team would not get to the western conference finals. Who is the main option, Yao? He's hurt all the time. He's also not a main option on a team, neither is Pau Gasol.

JordansBulls
09-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Duhon/Jones
Gordon//Kapono
Van Horn/Najera
Pau/Horry/Thomas
Yao/Mihm/Collins

That team would be terrible on defense on the wings.

b_russ
09-09-2008, 03:13 PM
PG Deron Williams/Chris Duhon/Damon Jones
SG Ben Gordon/Jason Kapono
SF Jason Kapono/Keith Van Horn/Eduardo Najera
PF Kenny Thomas/Robert Horry/Keith Van Horn
C Dwight Howard/Chris Mihm

Title? 80%

If not this year maybe then next. Williams will continue to amaze and if he could get a reliable guy to pass to down low (aka someone who's not Carlos Boozer) it would be incredible. And Howard is still a youngin' whose only getting better. This team has a good set of shooters, and with Howard and Thomas on the boards they should be able to get the job done.

(I don't even want to think about cursing my team by putting a Collins on my team, I would cut him before even aquiring Williams or Howard.

hdxstunts1
09-09-2008, 03:53 PM
ith any two ssuperstars this would be the best team in the league. THey would have everything needed in back ups and key role players to start like Duhan, Gordon, Horry, Jones. Put any two superstars with them and they are great! They got defense in Najera, Horry, Mim, Collins, Thomas and scoring with the superstars and Gordon.

The Fever
09-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Duhon
Gordon
Kobe
Horry
Bynum

PhillyLuver
09-09-2008, 06:25 PM
The backcourts decent already, with Dwight and Duncan I'd say close to a ship

IversonIsKrazy
09-09-2008, 06:30 PM
PG: Chris Duhon
SG: Allen IVerson
SF: Jason Kapono
PF: Eddy Najera
C: Dwight HOward

Championship = No.

PG: Duhon
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Najera
C: Collins
Championship = No

IversonIsKrazy
09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
PG: Duhon
SG: BG17
SF: Kapono
PF: Duncan
C: Dwight

Championship = Yes

LAKERS 24/7
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
It depends. If Chris Mihm can return to his pre-injury form, then he is an adequate starting center in this league, which changes things. Most people don't know him, but he was decent.

heyman321
09-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Lebron James and Tim Duncan = pwn.