PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you rather have for next year? Portland, Washington or Miami

JordansBulls
09-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Which team would you rather have for next year? Portland, Washington or Miami

Essentially, which of the 3 above teams will be the best for next season?

prash
09-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Miami. D-Wade is the best player out of those 3 teams active roster.

S.J.Basketball
09-08-2008, 01:00 AM
Portland. They have the most talent and are the only team capable of actually doing something.

Wizards are a joke and they will NEVER get past the 1st round or be a title contender and the Heat aren't going to be contenders either. They had a miserable season and D-wade can't carry his team to the championship.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-08-2008, 01:06 AM
What do you mean? who has a better ROSTER or who will make a better record?

Because Portland is WAY better than those other two franchises wich basically have 1 or 2 stars a potential good guy and an Horrible Bench and have to start people like Blount or Haywood :P.

But of course since Portland is in the west they may have a worst record.

Kyle N.
09-08-2008, 01:07 AM
Portland. The Heat have a lot to prove. But I guess Portland does too, but I think they'll still be better.

Iodine
09-08-2008, 01:17 AM
blazers by far

Chronz
09-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Blazers easily

Rome
09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Portland obviously. But with the stacked west I think the Wizards will have the best record out of the 3.

DreamShaker
09-08-2008, 01:52 AM
Wade is easily the best player out of every player on any of those teams by far....but his starting Center will either be Mark Blount or J-Mag....and his starting PG is a rookie who has recently become David Stern's least favorite NBA player....

Blazers have the most talented players, the best coach, and compliment each other well....

KG#1
09-08-2008, 02:28 AM
since you asking who will do the best next year the choice is washington
i would take portland for long term though

Ansy
09-08-2008, 02:39 AM
It all depends on how good Oden is in his first season. If he comes into the league as good as Alonzo Mourning, Robinson or Hakeem were in their rookie years, then obviously Portland will easily have the best record of those teams. even in the stacked west. If he comes in raw like Bynum, Chandler or Yao did then the Blazers will struggle just to make the playoffs.

His actual contribution will likely be somewhere between those extremes, but just where it lies is the biggest factor in how good the Blazers will be this season.

DreamShaker
09-08-2008, 02:53 AM
It all depends on how good Oden is in his first season. If he comes into the league as good as Alonzo Mourning, Robinson or Hakeem were in their rookie years, then obviously Portland will easily have the best record of those teams. even in the stacked west. If he comes in raw like Bynum, Chandler or Yao did then the Blazers will struggle just to make the playoffs.

His actual contribution will likely be somewhere between those extremes, but just where it lies is the biggest factor in how good the Blazers will be this season.

Yao had a pretty good rookie year....the other two never played....Yao did about what Bynum did this year abouts....13PPG and nearly 10 boards....a few blocks....the other two guys didn't play....

Bynum put up 2PPG in less than 10 minutes while only playing half the games....

Chandler put up abouts 6/5/1...

Oden will be the starter with less pressure on him because guys like Roy, LA, Outlaw, and Webster can get it done on the court and know what it takes to win....

Tom81
09-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Washington

Lakersfan2483
09-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Miami, don't sleep on my man D. Wade, he's ready for this upcoming season!!! I still think they need to address their point guard issues. I like the signing of Jamal Magloire down low. Essentially, their core group will be Wade, Marion, and Beasely.

I definitely think Portland will make the playoffs, I just wanted to give some props to the Miami Heat and D. Wade.

JordansBulls
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
Miami, don't sleep on my man D. Wade, he's ready for this upcoming season!!! I still think they need to address their point guard issues. I like the signing of Jamal Magloire down low. Essentially, their core group will be Wade, Marion, and Beasely.

I definitely think Portland will make the playoffs, I just wanted to give some props to the Miami Heat and D. Wade.

I think it all depends on Marion and how he does that will determine if Miami will be any good. We know Wade will, but will Marion?

$ NyC $
09-08-2008, 10:46 AM
no brainer...Portland...Washington has a great big 3 but never seem 2 get the job done or stay healthy...and Dwyane Wade can't do it by himself...depends on his supporting cast and how they play (Beasley, "Pot" Chalmers, Marion, Haslem)

dick butane
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Portland. They will grow by leaps and bounds this year. Adding Oden and letting Aldridge and Roy lead the team.

18colts29
09-08-2008, 10:41 PM
If you do not vote Portland, you don't deserve to post here. Portland is by far the best team this year, and last year, and now they get Oden and Bayless.

IndyRealist
09-08-2008, 11:23 PM
The question is who would you want next year. I'm going with the Wizards. They gelled as a team last year, played exceptional defense, and are now finally healthy. This is essentially the same team that was at one time on top of the Eastern Conference.

Overall Portland has the most talent but they are in the West, and still have a few years before they will come close to contending. They have a logjam at SG/SF, and if Oden doesn't pan out then they're the same 42 win team as last year.

Miami has huge gaps in their starting lineup, let alone their bench. Beasley has upside, but Mario Chalmers will not be ready to run an NBA team for a few years, and he's probably starting the year with a suspension. I hope that they are planning on making some sort of move for a C/PF. Maybe the veteran savvy of Marion and Wade, combined with the youthful energy of Beasley off the bench, will carry the team. But I don't put them ahead of Washington.

Washington is easily the most ready to go out-of-the-box team of the three, and they play in the Eastern Conference.

heyman321
09-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Washington, for all the reasons Indy mentioned. I think they have something to prove.

GrkGawdofWalkz
09-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Overwhelmingly would have to be considered a one and done with Portland, From Oden, Roy, Fernandez, Bayless, Aldridge, Webster to guys like Rodriguez, Batum, Pryzbilla, and others this team is set for the future and now. I like the mix they have. Just get rid of Raef Lafrentz!!!

Lord Leoshes
09-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Wade is easily the best player out of every player on any of those teams by far....but his starting Center will either be Mark Blount or J-Mag....and his starting PG is a rookie who has recently become David Stern's least favorite NBA player....

Blazers have the most talented players, the best coach, and compliment each other well....

Am a Heat fan, but i agree that the Blazers have the most overall talent. & i expect the Heat to be better then the Wiz. though not in the begining of the season.

hdxstunts1
09-09-2008, 11:40 PM
The only 2 things bad with Portland are:

1 Inexperience!
2 Wrong Conference! If they were in the East i see them a top 4 team. But the West is way to tough!

Miami: Way to overrated! Marion isnt as good as everyone thinks. He's a Battier to me! Beasly you never know what happens! Wade is always injured. Past that they dont have anything to be scared of! Rest of players are getting too old Mounring, Haslem!

Washington: Always injured! Arenas top 10 player in league when healthy but can he stay that way! Getting on the old side! Butler overrated but still good, has he made a full season yet tho! Jamison has got very little left in the tank, hsnt proven anything in his career to be a champion! Past that give them a while to get good!

Chaudhry
09-10-2008, 12:13 AM
If you do not vote Portland, you don't deserve to post here. Portland is by far the best team this year, and last year, and now they get Oden and Bayless.

dam... imma have to take my vote back in that case... either that or your jumping the gun...

portland have one allstar washington has 3... even with a shallow bench i'd take three over one... portland have many more questions then washington does... the only question for washington is will the big three be healthy... for portland will they jell? will oden be healthy? how much is their inexperiance gonna effect them? will they be able to compete in the far superior conference? i dunno how you can say portland without question for next year when you have three veteran allstars on one team...

dre1990
09-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Portland. but all those teams will make the playoffs and be over .500

bigmac8675
09-10-2008, 04:02 AM
Portland

Yogi
09-10-2008, 05:54 AM
How can everyone put down the Wizards because of injuries in the past, when this is about next season? How do you know they're going to get hurt?

_Sn1P3r_
09-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I'd take Portland.

bogdanrom
09-10-2008, 10:29 PM
How are people saying Portland easily. We're talking about next year not 3-4 years from now. Then it's definitely Portland. Right now Washington is better. Miami has some pieces but they are there yet. They do have a bright future with Beasley and Chalmers.

bogdanrom
09-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Am a Heat fan, but i agree that the Blazers have the most overall talent. & i expect the Heat to be better then the Wiz. though not in the begining of the season.

Not gonna happen.

RoyalG333
09-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Miami will be fun to watch but I gotta go with Portland. THe youth, the hunger, the desire, its all there. Its going to be a breakout year for them.

Ansy
09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Portland. Oden and Rudy aren't random high school prospects, Rudy DOMINATED the second toughest league in the world and Oden was amazing in college. Neither needs 3-4 years of decelopment before they can contribute.

Lord Leoshes
09-11-2008, 01:14 AM
Not gonna happen.

Well, i could be wrong, But if the Heat stay healthy, & build chemistry with the new guys, I just think that Wade will carry then over the wiz. & i've seen Wade destroy the wiz so meany times in the playoffs. The only player that scares me is C Butler.

LA_Raiders
09-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Wash no question, they have 3 solid players...

Afridi786
09-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Just for next year, I'd go with Washington....for the next couple years I'd go with the Heat...for the next 10 years, I'd go with Portland.

LAKERS 24/7
09-11-2008, 02:22 AM
Glad to see someone agrees with me, I thought I was alone.

Portland is going to be a good team, but its still going to be tough to make the playoffs in the west against teams that are more proven than them.

Miami is good, but no one knows how their going to do next year. They'll improve over their 15 win season, but it would be impossible not to.

Washington, provided they can stay healthy, have a big 3 that are proven. They won 43 games last year with injuries. At this point, I'll take them.

nbafan244
09-11-2008, 02:52 AM
hmm...41 wins without oden...bayless...mr. fernandez...plus they added ike diagu...i know not very good but a solid backup....they also added luke jackson...decent backup pg...they have a great starting 5 plus probably the best second team.... portland by far...and some guy said hed take the wiz 3 AS over portlands 1 and there bench...thats just a dumb thing to say...its a basketball TEAM...we play 5 v 5 no 3 v 3

Lost Art
09-11-2008, 03:24 AM
I think that Portland is the best team out of that group by far, although I think that they might not make the playoffs and those other two teams might............basically I'd rather be in the east than the west :D

I'd rank them
1. Portland
2. Washington
3. Miami

JordansBulls
09-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Is everyone aware that this is for next year only?

Hawkeye15
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Portland is the best of the three, Washington, then Miami for the upcoming season. Portland should be around 45 wins, Washington 40, Miami 35-40

SwaggaIke
09-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Washington will be the best of the three next season, baring injury.

SensandRaps
09-12-2008, 06:33 PM
portland better team better potential