PDA

View Full Version : Clippers/Knicks

POZUNO
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
I wanna know how many of you would still be Clippers fans if things were flipped around here in a huge way. What I'm saying is...How would you feel if we had the Knicks roster, D'Antoni, Donnie Walsh and James Dolan? Instead of what we have today.

Its a ridiculous question and a sad thing to imagine. Something I would never want to happen, especially with what we have going on. But serious, would you still support the team? Would you still be the devoted Clipper fan that you are? The type of fan that no matter how bad your team has been, played, or looked in the past, would still stand by their side and gut it out.

There would be a lot to consider and think about. No more Sterling, the thought of having Lebron maybe playing for the Clips in L.A., a good Coach like D'Antoni, salary issues, and so on and so on. So how would you handle such a huge change?

Chronz
09-07-2008, 10:25 PM
One thing thats good about being a Clipper fan, your used to mediocrity. I wouldnt have a problem but a fan can only take so much. If the Clips ever move or do something with personnel to enrage me then Id leave.

don'tfireNedCo
09-07-2008, 11:27 PM
I've been here since kenny norman and benoit benjamin days. I endured many changes and all, but I am still here and glad to see us growing in numbers.

as far as the knicks roster, I still think most of our 80s teams will get beaten by them any night!

adiedanny
09-08-2008, 12:10 AM
I have experienced much worst in the past with my team.

Cracka2HI!
09-08-2008, 02:56 AM
I have experienced much worst in the past with my team.

Welcome to the forum!!

Cracka2HI!
09-08-2008, 02:57 AM
To answer the question...absolutley I would! In fact I became a fan in 1995. I would say 95-05 was pretty much the same as the Knicks current run.

dick butane
09-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Being a Clipper fan is something unique. You could say that the current knicks roster is a joke... but yesterday they enshrined a former player to the HOF (Ewing) ... and it wasn't their first. Also they don't have any recent banners but they are not bannerless. To be a Clipper fan is to accept that we don't have these moments of history to say we can do it again.....To be a Clipper fan is to say "One day it'll all happen and I was there when nothing was happening." To be a Clipper fan is to be a fan of perpetual hope.

Cracka2HI!
09-08-2008, 08:25 PM
^ I agree.

krazyclipperfan
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
one thing about a real clipper fan is that we are fan no matter what if the roster is bad and if we are good we will be here to cheer on.

nomercyclipper
09-09-2008, 01:36 AM
heres my take,....and its pretty simple

over in time the clip bashing has taken its toll...i mean we got fans(EVEN ON THIS SITE) who just takes it in the behind...who after a while and alot of losing were quick to say ....awwww its ok were use to it!!

as for knick fans,,,,,,,BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we wanna win now...

theres being devoted and theres stupidity rooting for the bad and the bad with bad for the bad....real clipper fans who endure it every year are the wons who boo after a bad game

dick butane
09-09-2008, 11:48 AM

over in time the clip bashing has taken its toll...i mean we got fans(EVEN ON THIS SITE) who just takes it in the behind...who after a while and alot of losing were quick to say ....awwww its ok were use to it!!

theres being devoted and theres stupidity rooting for the bad and the bad with bad for the bad....real clipper fans who endure it every year are the wons who boo after a bad game

Proper spelling, punctuation and conjugation is not necessary when posting your thoughts. Please stop putting so much emphasis on perfection. Cut loose.

Cracka2HI!
09-09-2008, 12:54 PM

Good root for the Lakers then. If you were a real Clipper fan you would understand.

nomercyclipper
09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Proper spelling, punctuation and conjugation is not necessary when posting your thoughts. Please stop putting so much emphasis on perfection. Cut loose.

lol ok dick...srry it bothered u so much

nomercyclipper
09-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Good root for the Lakers then. If you were a real Clipper fan you would understand.

understand the behind taking that most of u doo,,,,,,nahhh if ur a REALLL clipper fan who shells out REAL cash every year...youd understand

Cracka2HI!
09-09-2008, 03:22 PM
LOL! Youre actually pretty funny with that whole money thing. I actually appreciate where your coming from as far wanting to win...I just don't believe youve been a fan for a long time or have this incredible wealth of money you speak of. I have no way of proving it but it's very annoying. You can be a good poster and talk basketball even if you hate what the Clippers are doing. Youre entitled to that, but to talk down to us because you claim to have money will just lead to you getting banned again.

If you want to talk about the actual topic...here is my opinion of my time as a Clipper fan...I started as a fan in 95(when I got my license) because I am not rich and could afford to go to the games at the Sports Arena. At that time the team became a part of me. Win or lose. I love the team and can't help it. The franchise actually hasn't been that bad since 95 and the Front Office has made pretty good desicions.

No we have never won anything but since 95 we have always either been a young exciting or boarderline playoff team, and of course even had the one magical season where I actually thought we could win a title for a few weeks! That was the best period of my sports life. The 2 playoff series in 06. That's why I'm a Clipper fan. I think the fact that the playoffs come once a decade for us makes it all the sweeter. We all know there is a winning team in town if you just want to like a winner.

As far as tired of the losing? Me NO! Not yet. Like I said the last 13 years haven't been that bad for the Clipper organization and for the most part I have always agreed with the direction of the team. And this year I think we may have the best team we've ever had. A team that I think can gel and make some noise in the playoffs. I would rather focus on that. To be honest I think almost all "true" Clippers fans feel the same why that I do.

To be honest you can ask a few of the posters who have been here for awhile...there are times where I am really down on the Clipper organization. I am realistic about the team for the most part. However if you are a sports fan there is a time to be a little overly opptimistic if you truely love your team. Right now is one of those times for the Clippers IMO.

One of us is saying "YES! We got the DPOY from 2 years ago!"

The other is saying "Have you guys seen Camby play? He has no offense"

Who sounds like the "true" fan?

dick butane
09-09-2008, 07:56 PM
^^ Nomercy's answer to justify the spending of his money as a fan is Zach Randolph. I guarantee you he failed to read all the way through your post Cracka. Something as well written given to someone of such little depth.

don'tfireNedCo
09-09-2008, 08:11 PM
no mercy talking about the knicks and how he shells out $ sounds very familiar.
well it was pozuno's thread, but

NYGiant/Clipper familiar.

ban on the horizon?

jk guys... but I have a feeling that nomercyclipper is a young guy who didn't see larry drew's clipper squad growing up. say what you will. the cubbie fans never deserted their team the way montreal did to expos. clippers had gone through a lifetime of infertility and have a very small "old school" fanbase, but those who have been a part of this small group of fans know it takes a lot more dedication to be a fan of franchise such as the clipps. you may call it getting used to, and taking it up the *** or whatever, but that just mean that any team that goes on a long losing streak or compile a series of losing seasons you won't support the team, thus by definition you are a bandwagoner. we don't need that. stick with fakers.

and one more thing, clipper season ticket is not the validation of wealth. its one thing to pretend to be a pseudo-celebrity like paris hilton (the poster), which i find annoying yet cute. you pull one of those NYGIANT/CLIPPER crap of belittling others and saying you are rich beyond our imagination just ridicules yourself. first of all you make yourself sound helplessly shallow and immature. secondly, you need to remember that there maybe a lot of young kids posting in forums like this, but there are a few successful businessmen that hangsout here as well. if you want to play the game of who's wealthy, you will quickly find yourself looking up the ladder.

Cracka2HI!
09-09-2008, 08:37 PM
^^ Nomercy's answer to justify the spending of his money as a fan is Zach Randolph. I guarantee you he failed to read all the way through your post Cracka. Something as well written given to someone of such little depth.Thanks man! I agree he reads one thing he doesn't like then hits the quote button. Youre a really good poster too man! Straight to the point and tell it like it is. Don't pay too much attention to that guy if possible. He'll probably end up banned soon.

no mercy talking about the knicks and how he shells out $ sounds very familiar.

NYGiant/Clipper familiar.

ban on the horizon?
Oh yeah its him. Weird thing is he shouldn't be banned anymore, so I don't know why he is using a new name. I figure I'll just wait until he breaks another rule and then report that he has multiple screen names. I guess it could be someone else, but I'll ask them to check when I report him...which I predict will be within his next 3 posts.

nomercyclipper
09-10-2008, 06:19 AM
lol you guys take things too personaly....and about the money thing theres more too that

theres the looooosiiiiiingggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 years i had to walk into a building and going to walk rooting for my clips!! everything is takeing a toll and yaaa if i dont agree with a player (camby) im gonna say sumthin about it!!!

but nooooo u guys are use to it!! helll i think u enjoy it to a point...YAA IM CLIPPER(with ur friends) and every one laughs....u guys like that huh

nomercyclipper
09-10-2008, 06:27 AM
i just wanted to say that i love u guys!!!

except dick!! he needs to take his name out of his butt

dick butane
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM
i just wanted to say that i love u guys!!!

except dick!! he needs to take his name out of his butt

Thinking of me in those terms are You? Sorry guy its not my bag... but keep dreaming. Try not to stroke it off while you do.

Cracka2HI!
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
lol you guys take things too personaly....and about the money thing theres more too that

theres the looooosiiiiiingggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!! 14 years i had to walk into a building and going to walk rooting for my clips!! everything is takeing a toll and yaaa if i dont agree with a player (camby) im gonna say sumthin about it!!!

but nooooo u guys are use to it!! helll i think u enjoy it to a point...YAA IM CLIPPER(with ur friends) and every one laughs....u guys like that huh
It has nothing to do with taking anything personally. Put yourself in my shoes. I can either report you and have you possibly banned(although I don't think you've made a bannable offense yet)...or I can wait until you cause so much carnage around here that a mod comes in on their own and starts banning some of our regular contributors around here like db and Ned?

Sorry man but the rest of us get along fine without you, and guess what? We don't always agree. I have mixed it with just about every poster here from time to time. You are the only one that seems to post for no other reason then to start fights.

If you want to post here about basketball and disagree with us and argue about that its fine. But you know you don't do that...

don'tfireNedCo
09-10-2008, 11:30 PM
cracka man I respect you as a mod and as fellow clipperfan, we may not know each other face to face but we are two of the very few on this earth who remembers the sports arena days. but I'm gonna have to say something about this.

I really dont know how many people use multiple usernames in here but at least there are about half a dozen regulars who are diehard clippermaniacs, supporting this team and the forum nail to nail, tooth to tooth. as we all know, some other teams mods can come into our house and ban our members when we chew out intruders of the past and now lately other teams posters like armenia2nba who worships anything kobe, or that phili mod that deletes our posts and threatens to ban us when their sixerlovers come over here and talk **** to us, and we are simply responding.

you cracka, is our mod. the ONLY mod.
defend us when we need you.
weed out shitheads when its called for.
do not afraid to delete or ban the INTRUDERS or their posts in fear of losing their trivial post counts. if you are forgiving to the enemy, your comrades may not forgive you.

I believe reporting some ******* pissing off good posters while clearly violating the forum policy which is a clear ground for dismissal, is not only justifiable, but your job here as well. just do it. do your thing. if cops were giving out favors we couldn't have fair and unbiased justice.

again, remember, you are our mod. and this forum is now alive and kicking. you are our leader. remember that.

POZUNO
09-11-2008, 12:03 AM
^^You've got my vote Ned. For some funny reason...I can imagine Crack replying with, "Yes Luke, I am your father...". With a very very deep voice.

kylem4711
09-11-2008, 03:13 AM
cracka man I respect you as a mod and as fellow clipperfan, we may not know each other face to face but we are two of the very few on this earth who remembers the sports arena days. but I'm gonna have to say something about this.

I really dont know how many people use multiple usernames in here but at least there are about half a dozen regulars who are diehard clippermaniacs, supporting this team and the forum nail to nail, tooth to tooth. as we all know, some other teams mods can come into our house and ban our members when we chew out intruders of the past and now lately other teams posters like armenia2nba who worships anything kobe, or that phili mod that deletes our posts and threatens to ban us when their sixerlovers come over here and talk **** to us, and we are simply responding.

you cracka, is our mod. the ONLY mod.
defend us when we need you.
weed out shitheads when its called for.
do not afraid to delete or ban the INTRUDERS or their posts in fear of losing their trivial post counts. if you are forgiving to the enemy, your comrades may not forgive you.

I believe reporting some ******* pissing off good posters while clearly violating the forum policy which is a clear ground for dismissal, is not only justifiable, but your job here as well. just do it. do your thing. if cops were giving out favors we couldn't have fair and unbiased justice.

again, remember, you are our mod. and this forum is now alive and kicking. you are our leader. remember that.

best thing ive read in a while.

it sucks when i come in here and there is an idiot on patrol just making people mad.

Cracka2HI!
09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I appreciate the kind words Ned! However a lot of your info isn't correct. First of all, I am not a mod in any way. As a TM all I'm really allowed to do is merge and close threads. I can't delete posts or ban people. I can report posts and a mod will come in here and delete that post and give out any appropriate punishment. Thing is any poster can report any post. Just click the explanation point tab and anyone can report them. I never really want to report a post by some one like nygiants if there are other people(you cough cough) that have also broken rules in the same thread. A mod will treat all violations the same. That said I actually do think the mods here do a very good job, but a TM which is what I am is little more than a glorified poster.

don'tfireNedCo
09-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I see.

as far as my actions I got no excuses. especially last year I was extremely territorial and argumentive. I'll admit to that.

but my actions so far has consistently been to defend our HOME!!! this forum is our house, and I will defend it as long as I am here.

but I do feel the same as kyle does at times about trouble seeking posters just hanging out in here for no good reason than to bait

POZUNO
09-11-2008, 01:05 PM
^^Good to know! I've always wanted to know this...Where are all the Mod and TM's located? Yall chill individually at home or actually have a building where everyone's stationed at, and do your own thang? You don't have to answer if its confidential.

And how come this forum doesn't have an option where you can view all of the posts from a thread on one page instead? Just curios. I like to ask a bunch of questions, that's all.

Cracka2HI!
09-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I see.

as far as my actions I got no excuses. especially last year I was extremely territorial and argumentive. I'll admit to that.

but my actions so far has consistently been to defend our HOME!!! this forum is our house, and I will defend it as long as I am here.

but I do feel the same as kyle does at times about trouble seeking posters just hanging out in here for no good reason than to baitI feel the same way about posters like that. There are no good to this forum and aren't welcome with me. One thing I have noticed about reporting posts is that a mod won't just delete a post or give out punishment just because someone is ripping the team. nygiants make it easy because he personally attacks everyone. If he comes around for a few days every couple months I'll just say so be it.

This is our home! None more than me!! I've been here for a long time and don't plan on going anywhere!! I think we defend it well and we handled nygiants without help of the mods this time, and now maybe he's gone. If and when he comes back I have no problem reporting him and probably will on his next post. To be honest last couple times he posted worse things were said to him than by him...

^^Good to know! I've always wanted to know this...Where are all the Mod and TM's located? Yall chill individually at home or actually have a building where everyone's stationed at, and do your own thang? You don't have to answer if its confidential.

And how come this forum doesn't have an option where you can view all of the posts from a thread on one page instead? Just curios. I like to ask a bunch of questions, that's all.LOL! It's just a website! Nothing high tech or confidential about it. Yea we're all just at home. It's not that tough to become one. Just follow the rules be very active and post as many ideas and articles as you can in as many forums as you can. You could probably become one if you wanted. I became TM because I posted here by myself for about a year.

There was no real activity until kyle and krazy came along. After that a lot of people started coming through because we actually got convo's going just the 3 of us. A lot of people became regulars, but most of posters have been temporary.

POZUNO
09-11-2008, 01:23 PM
LOL! It's just a website! Nothing high tech or confidential about it. Yea we're all just at home. It's not that tough to become one. Just follow the rules be very active and post as many ideas and articles as you can in as many forums as you can. You could probably become one if you wanted. I became TM because I posted here by myself for about a year.

LOL, yea I figured that. But it was fun imagining all of yall sitting in your own cubical in a small building with no AC typing your butts off!

Cracka2HI!
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
That is so fn funny you have no idea! I might bring that up in our special TM fourm. Actually there is 1 perk to being a TM. We do have a special forum that you guys can't see where we talk **** about you all:p JK I hardly ever go in there and its just for news and job duties and stuff. I think I might drop the idea of us all working in a building in there. We'll have a field day with that!