PDA

View Full Version : Culppeper rumors start already!

cantmeswitdabes
09-07-2008, 09:31 PM
http://www.profootballcentral.com/2008/09/07/source-culpepper-hasnt-filed-retirement-papers-yet-patriots-to-contact-him/

if brady does in fact go down for the season, its logical to see this rumor start.. the next week should be interesting to see what will go on in new england. I think a culppeper reunite with moss would be a good uplifting for the pats and culpepper after both of their most recent misfourtunes.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Looks like Chris Simms, actually.

Fade to Black
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Chris is average at best. Dante would be way better IMO. Fact is Moss is the biggest key to the Pats O. Dante and Moss have a close working and personal relationship and Dante has proven that he can play in the colder climate / playoffs.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM
But that was the old Culpepper...

Fade to Black
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM
If he could play in Oakland and survive the he could play in NE. I would talk my chances with C-Pep over the likes of Matt or Chris....but hey, what ever works out for the Coaching staff.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:51 PM
They can't afford to bring in Culpepper, who may or may not be in good football shape, and wait for him to learn the offense. That's the bottom line.

OC Knights #11
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Culpepper was the first to come to mind. But he isn't the same qb he was in minnesota.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Culpepper was the first to come to mind. But he isn't the same qb he was in minnesota.

Exactly.

Tragedy
09-07-2008, 11:20 PM
I knew his name would get started.

I mean, whatever. Without Brady, we've lost so much. I'm willing to try anyone out, because I believe we just went from a 12-14 win team to a 10 win team.

Wake's Fastball
09-07-2008, 11:38 PM
They can't afford to bring in Culpepper, who may or may not be in good football shape, and wait for him to learn the offense. That's the bottom line.

They're currently proposing to do the same exact thing with Simms, and it's not exactly as though they've got a terribly strenous schedule the next few weeks... they can afford to try things out a bit.

KingJamsI
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM

I mean, whatever. Without Brady, we've lost so much. I'm willing to try anyone out, because I believe we just went from a 12-14 win team to a 10 win team.

I thing that's a rose tinted outlook. Brady is worth more than 2-4 games. Certainly every game is gonna be closer.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Bledsoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cocossox
09-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Cilpepper to Moss for 6!...just like 'ol times.:clap:

cali72888
09-08-2008, 09:50 AM

i dont see the pats doing anything this season, brady is the only reason that your offence was good at all, the rb's on the pats are average, the recievers are only good because of brady, moss will not put up half the numbers he did last season, and your defence is nothing special. i really see the pats as a .500 team this season now that brady is gone. you have a pretty tough schedule i think its going to be hard to win much with some reject qb.

and good luck with culpepper, he couldent learn an offence if his career depended on it, o wait thats why nobody had picked him up yet...

poor brady, poor pats fans. injurys happen get used to it, hey it could be a blessing in disguise remember the last time a N.E. qb got hurt. i belive that it lead the pats to brady.

cmoneytakemoney
09-08-2008, 11:35 AM
i dont see the pats doing anything this season, brady is the only reason that your offence was good at all, the rb's on the pats are average, the recievers are only good because of brady, moss will not put up half the numbers he did last season, and your defence is nothing special. i really see the pats as a .500 team this season now that brady is gone. you have a pretty tough schedule i think its going to be hard to win much with some reject qb.

and good luck with culpepper, he couldent learn an offence if his career depended on it, o wait thats why nobody had picked him up yet...

poor brady, poor pats fans. injurys happen get used to it, hey it could be a blessing in disguise remember the last time a N.E. qb got hurt. i belive that it lead the pats to brady.

You can say whatever you want but, your San Diego Chargers looked worse than the Patriots did yesterday and you guys had your starting QB in the whole game. Wait til week 5 when Adalius Thomas and Mike Vrabel put a hurtin on Phillip Rivers.

Patsfan56
09-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Well, lets see...

Brady is exceptional. The best on the field (prior to the injury), one of the best ever. But to say he is the only reason for the Pats success is to demonstrate your ignorance of this team. Running backs are good, not average, and not great. Faulk will be back next week. Maroney will step up, and Morris and Jordan are pretty good as well. Moss, welker, and Gaffney with Faulk helping will make a Qb look better. The O line does need to step up to playing like they are capable.

And tough schedule? I will give you that it looks like a bigger challenge now but everyone prior to Brady's injury was talking about how unfairly easy the schedule is. If the Pats can make it happen, the schedule they have this season will be an ally if anything.

This is going to be a very challenging season, but a fun one to watch. But writing them off completely now might be premature.

jetsRsnitchaz
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM

wow, u r one of the many jealous women around here who hates the pats cause your team can't get it together. brady didnt put up those numbers at all earlier in his career. until when? when they got some damn receivers. yea welker and moss are only good because of brady? gimme me one receiver in this league u would take over moss. welker showed his potential because he had a QB to dish it to him, but brady is the one who got welker open for 100+ receptions?? as for the defense i agree with you, and you could be right about the team being .500, but we'll have to wait and see.

culpepper would be a good acquisition to this team. he played on the raiders. no o-line whatsoever. oh yea, i forgot he played behind "the greatest lineman that never was" robert gallery.
culpepper won't have to scramble so much, so he could plant his feet in the pocket. more time= more options. culpepper over simms, rattay, even cassel anyday.

how do u get used to an season-ending injury to a top 3 QB of all time. its impossible

ERLynx
09-08-2008, 01:45 PM
It may be just me, but i don't remember this being such a great line so far this year. That was one of the things they needed to fix. Now everyone is saying Culpepper will get lots of time behind this line? It's wishful thinking, I'm not sure I buy it.

mightymouse407
09-08-2008, 05:38 PM
ok i havent seen any reports on tv of them even talking about culpepper going 2 New England which is crazy cuz really he is da best free agent qb, take it 4rm me a Bucs fan u dont want Chris Simms or Tim Rattay we had them both n da same year but if i had 2 choose between those 2 i would say Rattay, Simms should go 2 the cfl or arena league if he wants 2 continue playin we jus had a stupid coach who gave him a chance n we all saw what he did n those games b4 his injury granted da bucs arent at all a offensive team but if Brad Johnson could manage da offense when we won da superbowl then i expected da same 4rm him which wasnt da case everyone wuz sayin Chris Simms led da bucs 2 da playoffs bull Griese wuz 5-0 b4 he wuz injured n Simms finished da season wit a 5-6 record n a lose 2 a bad washington team n da playoffs Bellichick go wit Culpepper please i like da Patriots n I would hate 2 c another team I like have Chris Simms on there team let alone starting

NESports2004
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM

hahahah wow

jealous much

we'll see whos crying after week 5 when we beat your team with Matt Cassell hahahah

Randy West
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Rotoword copy and paste here

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Tim Rattay and Chris Simms were sent back to the airport after arriving at the Patriots' facility Monday.
GM Scott Pioli reportedly told the free agents that "sorry, circumstances have changed," and they were no longer wanted. Mort suggests that Randy Moss could push for New England to sign Daunte Culpepper, who retired last week. Another option would be to adding Matt Gutierrez off the practice squad.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
The Culpepper rumors have life again...:D

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I would be ok with Culpepper he had trouble in miami and oakland with no time to throw the ball if he still has the arm then why not but i will let Matt Cassel have his shot im behind him, if he struggles then give O connel a shot if culpepper isnt here/ready, but im behind Matt cassel.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Also remember when we won in 2001 we used a lot of screen passes with some running, well we have a better line RB and WRs this year than that year so im thinking we should kinda switch a little bit more to that.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Moss is probably the only one pushing for Culpepper at this point...

Crickr
09-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Remember if Cassel ( god forbid) gets hurt what have the Pats got left?

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I thought that Moss hated Culpepper when they played together.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I thought that Moss hated Culpepper when they played together.

No that was a common misconception created by the Minnesota media. They actually had a pretty good relationship.

Snydesdale
09-08-2008, 08:52 PM
well then why not

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Because he just doesn't look even close to being the old Culpepper. He is slimmer but less mobile, and couldn't manage an offense. That, along with the long time it could take to learn our offense, is why not.

MDfootball36
09-08-2008, 08:57 PM
trust me u dont want the new culppeper

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Exactly. The new Culpepper retired for a reason.

bagwell368
09-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Trust me, you don't want even the best version ever of Culpepper for the Pats. The guy does not read and react. He runs and throws, not a fit whatever.

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Trust me, you don't want even the best version ever of Culpepper for the Pats. The guy does not read and react. He runs and throws, not a fit whatever.

Well, I would take the old Culpepper in a heartbeat. He and Moss were a DEADLY combo.

BTownTeamsRKing
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
a crazy coincidence happened in my madden game today.

i placed Brady behind Cassel to make it more real. then i started a superstar mode where u take an NFL rookie and use only him and advance his career etc. so i choose matt slater and in the first game i see a black QB for my Patriots. and of all people, wat do u know? its Culpepper! he sucked

we lost to the chiefs

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:19 PM
a crazy coincidence happened in my madden game today.

i placed Brady behind Cassel to make it more real. then i started a superstar mode where u take an NFL rookie and use only him and advance his career etc. so i choose matt slater and in the first game i see a black QB for my Patriots. and of all people, wat do u know? its Culpepper! he sucked

we lost to the chiefs

That sucks...LOVE your sig btw.

cali72888
09-08-2008, 09:58 PM
You can say whatever you want but, your San Diego Chargers looked worse than the Patriots did yesterday and you guys had your starting QB in the whole game. Wait til week 5 when Adalius Thomas and Mike Vrabel put a hurtin on Phillip Rivers.

im glad the chargers lost, and i hope you guys do put a hurtin on rivers concidering im a raider fan......

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
im glad the chargers lost, and i hope you guys do put a hurtin on rivers concidering im a raider fan......

Good luck tonight...I need McFadden to have a big game...fantasy team.

bagwell368
09-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, I would take the old Culpepper in a heartbeat. He and Moss were a DEADLY combo.

it is not the way the Pats play. The receivers and QB examine the D player positions down to the way the feet are spaced and angled, and the original pattern is modified (broken off for a blitz, post turns to curl, etc.) Quite a few guys cannot deal with this - Chad Jackson, Tony Simmons, etc. Culpepper is uniquely unqualified to figure this all out. He was a specimen, and in Minn Moss ran the routes as called by the Coordinator, there was no modification - in particular - no modification on the route by mutual decision w/o any verbal instructions from the QB - like Manning.

Forget him. He is not coming. Make a bet on it.