PDA

View Full Version : If Brady really is injured...

BALLER71
09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Take your time to think about it before bashing me.
IF Brady really is out for the season, who do you guys think should take over?

Believe it or not C-Pep is the answer. I'm not sure how his knee is doing but he says its fine. Either way you don't need a mobile QB with that great OL. C-Pep can run the spread offense, with Moss and other playmakers all you need is someone with a big arm who understands the offense.
Remeber what Moss and Culpepper did together? All those records that your team broke last year, they originally had those records.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Culpepper is probably going to get consideration...but he's not even close to the same guy he was before.

BALLER71
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I think his mobility is affected.
But the Arm? It's still there. He can still throw 70+ yards IMO.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I would like to see that...sure didn't see it in Miami or Oakland.

BALLER71
09-07-2008, 09:08 PM
He ran well in Oakland. He had two running TDs against the Phins.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, wasn't everyone running for TD's against the 2007 Miami Dolphins? No offense.

RaiderLakersA's
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Not to validate the speculative tone of this post...because until tomorrow no one will know Brady's condition for certain...

...but Daunte is not the answer.

In Oakland last year he was 100% healthy, but was outplayed by a journeyman QB, who eventually won the job. Daunte's shortfalls were accuracy, mobility and decision-making. Granted, Oakland didn't have any receiver on par with Moss, but with Curry and Porter, he did have some serviceable targets, but we still didn't do very well in the passing game.

If you're going to muse about anything, why not "What if Favre had stayed retired until the second week of the season?" Teams would have been crawling all over themselves for his services now, if he had only waited.

After all, it wasn't that long ago that Favre and Moss had chatted about hopefully teaming up some day. Both of them in a Pats uniform would have been something to behold. That last part I'm saying as a football fan, and not necessarily as a Pats, or Favre or Moss fan.

jrice9
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
difficult choices. would losman be an option through a trade?

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Looks like they aren't even thinking about Daunte. Chris Simms is apparently being brought in tomorrow.

jrice9
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
ah well this defintely didnt sound good

http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a severe injury to his left knee, according to sources cited by Yahoo! Sports and NBC's Peter King.

Brady left Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Gillette Stadium after being hit by Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard in the first quarter. Matt Cassel replaced Brady, and the Patriots went on to win the game, 17-10.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on Brady's injury, but a source close to Brady told Yahoo! that the quarterback has serious damage to his knee. That could mean a torn ACL and perhaps other ligament and cartilage damage, but there are no details yet available.

"It's bad," a team source told the website. "We're going to have to play without him."

Hometeamrivals
09-07-2008, 09:23 PM
I feel bad he went out like that but Karma is a mofo. Now go to cali and be a father to your kid

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
ah well this defintely didnt sound good

http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football

I've said it quite a few times tonight, and I will continue to do so: until he takes the MRI and Belichick pronounces him out for the season, I won't believe any speculation from yahoo or NBC.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I feel bad he went out like that but Karma is a mofo. Now go to cali and be a father to your kid

Please shut up about the kid stuff.

dbroncos78087
09-07-2008, 09:28 PM
It couldnt hurt to consider, what are the other options?

bosox1899
09-07-2008, 09:36 PM

what the hell does karma have to do with this? o bc he had a child he was meant to tear his ACL? PSD needs to limit the people that join this forum, some of them are no more intelligent then a 5 year old.

jetsfan28
Am I the only one who immediately thought Vinny?

jetsfan28
what the hell does karma have to do with this? o bc he had a child he was meant to tear his ACL? PSD needs to limit the people that join this forum, some of them are no more intelligent then a 5 year old.

I believe he meant karma for the whole taping signals thing

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
Am I the only one who immediately thought Vinny?

Yes. :D

bosox1899
09-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I believe he meant karma for the whole taping signals thing

well thats even more ridiculous, im not even gonna bother expanding on that bc some people just cant just move on its a dead issue.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
well thats even more ridiculous, im not even gonna bother expanding on that bc some people just cant just move on its a dead issue.

Well said, it's been dead for a while.

steelcityroller
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Take your time to think about it before bashing me.
IF Brady really is out for the season, who do you guys think should take over?

Believe it or not C-Pep is the answer. I'm not sure how his knee is doing but he says its fine. Either way you don't need a mobile QB with that great OL. C-Pep can run the spread offense, with Moss and other playmakers all you need is someone with a big arm who understands the offense.
Remeber what Moss and Culpepper did together? All those records that your team broke last year, they originally had those records.

Im thinking there is a reason nobody decided Culpepper was worth a roster spot this year....

Actually most of the records that the Patriots broke last season were held by the Colts if Im thinking correctly.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah, the Colts held those records. I'm not sure what that guy was talking about.

ProPoster
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I think he was talking about the most points scored in a season which belonged to the 98 vikings.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I think he was talking about the most points scored in a season which belonged to the 98 vikings.

Oh okay. Good call. Then he was right about one of them.

DaaBoTownSox
09-08-2008, 06:53 AM
I have heard Joey Harrington's name as a replacement as well, in addition to Chris Simms.

ERLynx
09-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Kevin O'Connell? I think he deserves a look.

ProPoster
09-08-2008, 09:51 AM
I have heard Joey Harrington's name as a replacement as well, in addition to Chris Simms.

Joey who? That would be the worse. Please don't sign him!

IndiansFan337
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Culpepper is probably going to get consideration...but he's not even close to the same guy he was before.

I bet Culpepper wishes he didn't retire last week. I still wouldn't be surprised to see them gauge his interest.

He would be a better option than Chris Simms, IMO. Especially with Moss, Welker & Gaffney as his WR's. They go 3-4 deep at RB too, so they could carry the load on offence once the team gains a lead.

timotio3545
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
I bet Culpepper wishes he didn't retire last week. I still wouldn't be surprised to see them gauge his interest.

He would be a better option than Chris Simms, IMO. Especially with Moss, Welker & Gaffney as his WR's. They go 3-4 deep at RB too, so they could carry the load on offence once the team gains a lead.

I concur. We have two areas of concern now, and IMO, only two: QB and CB. IMO, I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point, but Ty Law is still available. Yes he's lost a step or two, but he knows this team , the philosophy, the defense, Rodney would love to see him back, Law expressed his interest in coming back, and Coach has sung his praises recently, so he may be a viable option, considering how Sanders played, Law can jump between Safety and Corner.

As far as QB, I'd like to see them bring in a Veteran simply to back up Cassel. The kid has sat behind arguably three great QB's: Palmer, Leinart, and Brady. He knows the offense, has Brady as a mentor (like he's really gonna leave the team and just disappear for the season, regardless), have a guy like Vinny or DC come in to back him up, talk him through pressure situations if need be, and go that route. With Cassel as our QB, and I'm tryingly warming up to that idea, I could see the Pats finish 11-5, take the AFC east, (Jet's finish 10-6 and take WC), and make a serious run at the Super Bowl. It's certainly not guaranteed as it was 48 hours ago, but still contenders with Moss and Welker outside, and one of the deepest rosters at Running Back i've ever seen on this team. Oh, and Bill is still our coach. DON'T EVER COUNT THEM OUT!!!

ERLynx
09-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Situations like this are what makes Belichick great.