PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady injury

D-PHINSfan4life
09-07-2008, 04:17 PM
This thread is to be a respectful for the one that was deleted

Tom Brady was forced to leave Sunday's game with a knee injury. He will not return to the game.
Brady's leg bent backwards sharply as he was hit while throwing by Bernard Pollard. Brady was able to walk off the field and down a flight of stairs, which is a decent sign, but the hit was ugly. Brady finished with 76 yards on 11 aggressive early attempts before leaving. Matt Cassel finished out the game.

rotoworld.com

Hope he isn't hurt that bad, its sad to see big name guys get hurt

29$JerZ
09-07-2008, 04:19 PM
At least they won the game.

Crickr
09-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the respect. The other thread had no class at all.

jrice9
09-07-2008, 04:24 PM
again I would like to restate I would rather have brady playing and lose by a little bit then have him out because then the win is bittersweet

KingJamsI
09-07-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread is to be a respectful for the one that was deleted

rotoworld.com

Hope he isn't hurt that bad, its sad to see big name guys get hurt

So what do we do now if it is as serious as it seems? The bottom line is without Brady, this is a very average team.

jrice9
09-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree brady is what makes them elite. I doubt they win more than 11 games if brady missed lots of time but I doubt he will.

jetsfan28
09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
So what do we do now if it is as serious as it seems? The bottom line is without Brady, this is a very average team.

You sign Vinny Testaverde. Seriously, you could do much worse.

kazzy4080
09-07-2008, 05:00 PM
we really dont know how serious it is, if hes out for any extended period of time it would suck but this team could still make the playoffs, their division isnt that hard, i mean every team is improved but no one still scares me, maroney and morris looked solid today, we got randy moss, the best defensive front 7. with brady they win 14-16 games without him they can win 9-11 games.

****** thing is we wont know how serious this injury is till probably next sunday

homer2680
09-07-2008, 05:14 PM
What you do is bring in Culpepper and take a look at him.

Wrigleyboy25
09-07-2008, 05:18 PM
I drafted him with the second overall pick :(

Sad in that regard. Could help out my Bills though.

Nonetheless, never like seeing a top player get hurt in the first game of the year.

jrice9
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
does leftwich have a team?

Silver88
09-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Matt Cassel didn't look to bad this game, did he?

jrice9
09-07-2008, 05:21 PM
he was decent against one of the worst teams

NYMETS6986
09-07-2008, 05:23 PM
matt cassel did far better than i expected watching the game today, his 51 yard pass to moss from his endzone was impressive. i agree that taking a look at culpepper could be a smart move, he has a great past with moss but in the end i really hope brady is ok and back to work next week....

jrice9
09-07-2008, 05:25 PM
how about a scenario where brady misses 1-3 games. do you call culpepper or let cassel get the shot. maybe he is the next brady lol

NYMETS6986
09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
how about a scenario where brady misses 1-3 games. do you call culpepper or let cassel get the shot. maybe he is the next brady lol

lol, let cassel keep goin, belichick has experience with QB injuries in the past with bledsoe...

smashmouth
09-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Cassell is the #2 guy for a reason, its his job to play if brady cant, ofcourse you play him if brady cant go..I dont think brady is hurt to bad..Just glad it wasnt his right foot..

NYMetros
09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
does leftwich have a team?

He's on the Steelers...

And what would be the point in bring him in anyway? You want him to learn the playbook in 4 days? Hopefully Brady doesn't miss too much time. I also have him on my fantasy team.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
i have moss on my fantasy team lol

socalpkrbkr
09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
What you do is bring in Culpepper and take a look at him.

That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw him go down. Culpepper said he was going to retire but I'm sure he would answer the phone if the Patriots were to call.

MIAMI (AP)—Daunte Culpepper summed up his thoughts Thursday in two words, which ushered in the start of a new era for the former Pro Bowl quarterback.

“Farewell NFL,” he wrote.

With that, a career once filled with such promise came to a most unceremonious end.

yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-culpepperretires&prov=ap&type=lgns)

nep2008
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM
A Jets player told NBCSports.com's Tom Curran that he heard Tom Brady has a torn ACL.

Keep in mind the Jets are in Miami and Curran confirmed with Rotoworld that they are just basing it on watching television. "Everybody I talked to said it's a torn ACL," said one Jets player. "Players AND coaches. When we came in here that's what people were saying, 'Brady's got a torn ACL.'" While that injury certainly looked possible, it's hard to imagine the Jets have inside information as they get off the field.

Well idk what to make of this honestly.

Please everyone, there is an mri tomorrow... if anyone has any information regarding, post it asap.

jetsfan89
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
ouch torn acl. hope that isnt true for your guys sake.

Hometeamrivals
09-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Totally unconfirmed (yet very bad) news on Tom Brady from Tom Curran:

"Everybody I talked to said it's a torn ACL," said one Jets player. "Players AND coaches. When we came in here that's what people were saying, 'Brady's got a torn ACL.'"

dark-act inc.
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Dudes I feel bad for Brady. I wish you guys all the luck.

The_Konnection
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
yahoo is reporting that he is done for year. this is terrible.

Hometeamrivals
09-07-2008, 07:25 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Alll done

SMOKEONTHEWATER
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM
hey guys im a bears fan. i just wanna say im so sorry about that. my team never has a qb so i cant imagine how u feel

smashmouth
09-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Its a premature assumption

HOZ THE KNICK
09-07-2008, 07:41 PM
i hope brady is able to play losing him hurts the nfl.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 07:46 PM
This certainly doesn't look good...

eric1501
09-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Nope he is done for the year.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 07:52 PM
How about providing some evidence there eric? Because nothing published so far has been confirmed by the Patriots, and their statement is the one that matters, not yours.

smashmouth
09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
All there is ,is rumor..You have 1 team official saying brady is out for the year and then a Jet player says he heard that brady is out for the year..How in the hell is a jet player gunna hear anything?? Jets are in miami,lol

Fade to Black
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
That sucks.

Would you guys bring in another QB? Dante?......that would be interesting.

SeoulBeatz
i hate the pats but this is a shame.

i know how u feel. mcnabb went through the same **** after his superbowl loss and hasnt been the same, until today.

but good luck, i think Culpepper would be a good option here.

jstwannawin
im a jets fan and i am pissed i wanna face Brady i hate him but i dont want him to be injured i like competition and i hope all is well and i hope its just a sprain there is no way to tell if its torn just yet i doubt he had a MRI just yet

badkins1121
09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
ESPNews say that Matt Cassel will be Pats starting QB for rest of season

jstwannawin
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
chris simms is available though

Crickr
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
im a jets fan and i am pissed i wanna face Brady i hate him but i dont want him to be injured i like competition and i hope all is well and i hope its just a sprain there is no way to tell if its torn just yet i doubt he had a MRI just yet

He will have the MRI tomorrow it will tell us all with the results.

Vthockeydad
09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
All of you are speculating with no information. I am a lifelong Patriot fan and we have been very lucky having Brady and his incredible talent and lack of injuries.
The NFL needs players like Brady and Peyton Manning for marketing.
Sad day if he out for any extended time.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm in denial...once the team confirms this, then I will believe it.

smashmouth
09-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Im not a pat fan but im in denial..The NFL needs Brady..

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Screw the NFL, I need Brady!!!!!

jetsfan28
09-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Im not a pat fan but im in denial..The NFL needs Brady..

The NFL doesn't. The NFL would actually probably be just as well off if either the bigger market New York Jets win the division or if Cassell is "the next Brady", much like Marc Bulger took over for Warner when he got hurt after Warner took over for Green.

The Pats, on the other hand, do. As does The Intimidator.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
The NFL doesn't. The NFL would actually probably be just as well off if either the bigger market New York Jets win the division or if Cassell is "the next Brady", much like Marc Bulger took over for Warner when he got hurt after Warner took over for Green.

The Pats, on the other hand, do. As does The Intimidator.

I'm not exagerrating either. I REALLY do.

BlondeBomber41
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
I drafted him with the second overall pick :(

Sad in that regard. Could help out my Bills though.

Nonetheless, never like seeing a top player get hurt in the first game of the year.

I drafted him with the 4th overall pick. I am totally screwed now, my backup is Vince Young and he blew in week one.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Vince Young is hurt too...

NYMETS6986
09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
ive read varying reports on culpepper, does anyone know for sure if he is hurt right now, i know he retired but i read somewhere he was not 100% either, if hes good to go the pats NEED to sign him this very second!

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think that Culpepper is hurt. He retired because he didn't feel that he had a chance to start.

Snydesdale
09-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Were bringing in Chris simms and I've heard that tom may be done for the year?

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes, we're bringing in Simms, but Tom's POTENTIAL torn ACL isn't confirmed.

Hometeamrivals
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Patriots shirt $15
Superbowl Tickets when your 17-0 $2000
Losing the superbowl (biggest choke ever) and your Qb in the last two games Priceless!

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 09:41 PM
You've posted this in every thread...we get it. What team do you root for? Go post in their forum because your act is unwelcome here.

kazzy4080
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Patriots shirt $15
Losing the superbowl (biggest choke ever) and your Qb in the last two games Priceless!

haha ur such tool, they were 18-0 when they lost the superbowl not 17-0, give them their credit. what will be priceless is the look on ur face when matt cassal kicks ur team's *** (im assuming u cheer for someone in the afc east)

anyway. i have a feeling hes fine, and rumors that he arent could be the pats spinning this in their favor to throw of the jets, bet hes listed as questionable for the next game. and if he isnt i have enough confidence in matt cassal and i love chris simms (played with the spleen, thats gutsy). i think they still make the playoffs without brady and anything can happen in the playoffs

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:10 PM
haha ur such tool, they were 18-0 when they lost the superbowl not 17-0, give them their credit. what will be priceless is the look on ur face when matt cassal kicks ur team's *** (im assuming u cheer for someone in the afc east)

anyway. i have a feeling hes fine, and rumors that he arent could be the pats spinning this in their favor to throw of the jets, bet hes listed as questionable for the next game. and if he isnt i have enough confidence in matt cassal and i love chris simms (played with the spleen, thats gutsy). i think they still make the playoffs without brady and anything can happen in the playoffs

I wish i had your confidence. I hope he's fine, but there is something to these reports. We'll all see after his MRI.

Fade to Black
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
It don't sound good. There are reports on the NFL network and NFL.com....along with espn.

I think the fact that the team in in contact with other QB's pretty much confirms that it's not good.

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
Preaching to the choir, unfortunately. :cry:

29$JerZ
09-07-2008, 10:41 PM
It's ok, Simms will save the PATS

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM

Well, if they do indeed sign Simms, it would take him quite a while to learn the offense. They need someone else to save them at this point.

Fade to Black
09-07-2008, 10:45 PM

:rolleyes:

The Intimidator
09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, hoping that was sarcasm.

db75
09-08-2008, 02:40 AM
... so. much. baiting. ...

This is a huge blow, but the Pats have enough talent to pull out a good season. Brady did take over for your All-World QB in 2001? Who knows...maybe that could happen with Cassel. He's been in the system, and with the protection the line provides combined with the big play offense you have, you could still be a very dangerous team.

cocossox
09-08-2008, 03:30 AM
I know Culpepper is not what he was in Min. but I'd take him over Simms any day I think it would be fun to see Culpepper & Moss hook up again...imo...& he can still thow the deep ball so we'll see.

Patsfan56
09-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Patriots shirt $15

Yeah, its even better the second time around.... You just come up with one tag line and post it over and over in different threads? So your ignorance in these posts is now matched only by your laziness to come up with an original thought?

:rolleyes:

ERLynx
09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Seriously, the immaturity and jealousy knows no bounds. How can anyone be happy after a person suffers a possibly career ending injury? How can you people live with yourselves? Karma? Give me a break. I never saw Tom Brady holding any cameras.

That being said, I like Cassel for a couple weeks. He knows the system at least. Culpepper, or anyone else they bring in, would take a while to get up to speed. Let Matt handle the ship, (during the regular season) until he proves he cannot.

Patsfan56
09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
You know for the couple of kids from table 9 that come on these threads and say a lot of classeless and tasteless stuff, there are so many more people who have come out and wished the team and fans a good season. As a fan I just want to put out there that it does mean a lot. Thanks very much and it is appreciated by the fans.

As a fan I will rally to support Matt and the team because no matter what, no matter how good a player and leader Brady is, as they pointed out in 2001 it is about the team. I have been a fan since 1977, and I will continue to be a fan, be it for 18 wins or 1 win this season. No matter.

Hope everyone out there (except you kids at table 9) enjoys this season, and hangs in there for the fun of watching the game.

Randy West
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
No one had heard of Brady until Bledsoe got hurt so maybe this is Cassel's chance to shine and show what he can do.

I do not expect much drop off in production for the Pats to tell the truth, they still have a solid team even with the backup.

Maybe Cassel is the guy who makes Pats fans forget about Brady? Just like Brady made them forget about Bledsoe? Big shoes to fill to say the least but until he falls flat on his face the Pats are still good to go and at this point 1-0.

S*Franchise*F
09-08-2008, 09:46 PM
well you guys cheated NOW YOU GUYS GET WHAT YOU DESERVE

The Intimidator
09-08-2008, 09:48 PM
well you guys cheated NOW YOU GUYS GET WHAT YOU DESERVE

Get out of our forum you piece of **** and enjoy finishing in last place. the fact that you enjoy the fact that he got hurt says a lot about your character. You're scum.

Patsfan56
09-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Get out of our forum you piece of **** and enjoy finishing in last place. the fact that you enjoy the fact that he got hurt says a lot about your character. You're scum.

:clap:
Table 9

S*Franchise*F
09-09-2008, 01:54 AM
you all know the patriots cheated...and you all know that your fans are the worst fans ever (a bunch of bandwagonners and only gettin high on them when they be winning)...you guys would not have won the super bowl if you didnt cheat, and now the football gods gave you guys a taste of your own medicine

Crickr
09-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Hey S*Franchise*F I see you getting banned soon if you don't smarten up. Baiting is not allowed and thats exactly what you are doing. You definatly have no cass .

Patsfan56
09-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Hey S*Franchise*F I see you getting banned soon if you don't smarten up. Baaitong is not allowed and thats exactly what you are doing. You definatly have no cass .

Better yet, let him keep posting ignorant, flaming, baiting posts... someone will come around and ban him and then we can all move on.

It is just so pathetic to come on to our threads and say this stuff. Typical, and yet pathetic.

ERLynx
09-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I dont get like, why people do that. Someone explain to me why people bait? Like, why do you feel like you have to try to get people mad? Does it make you feel important? You need other people's reactions, about issues with which you are not involved, to feel important? Man, SF, I feel bad for you.

The Intimidator
09-09-2008, 10:34 AM
I dont get like, why people do that. Someone explain to me why people bait? Like, why do you feel like you have to try to get people mad? Does it make you feel important? You need other people's reactions, about issues with which you are not involved, to feel important? Man, SF, I feel bad for you.

He's probably trying to prove his manhood. He probably has Barry Bonds' testicles. :D