PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Think This Monta Ellis Article

SwaggaIke
09-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Is a little over the top?

Itís sad to see a studís career end. Torn deltoid ligament? With scrapes and a high ankle sprain? I donít care what the papers say. His career is over. And he lied. You donít mess your leg that bad in a pick-up basketball game. 3 months recovery time? Try never. Even if he does come back, heíll be lucky to average 10 points. 6/$66 million for that?

So what to do now GState fans? Do you void his contract? Buy him out? WellÖhereís the thing; he lied. He was in a prohibitive activity. Owner Cohan can easily void Monta Ellisí newly minted 6 year/$66 million dollar deal because there is no insurance coverage for prohibitive activity. Cohan doesnít even have to buy him out. Also he has to consider that Ellis will never be the same EVER AGAIN. Yep, heíll never be the same. Ever.

What to do now? From what I learned during the Jay Williamsí accident, you do not hope he comes back because most of his talent is gone. Itís just wishful thinking. I would think twice about buying him out because it counts against the cap.

If other rumors are true, they can officially pursue Kirk Hinrich. But why do that? Youíre trying to replace Monta Ellisí scoring and explosiveness, remember? Hinrich doesnít bring either.

I would void the deal and present the 6/$66 million deal to Ben Gordon. Yes, heís a restricted free agent combo guard, but heís still there currently unsigned being presented with a 6/$59 million that heís not too thrilled about from Chicago. Heís a proven clutch 20+ppg scorer unless you want to tank this season and hope to get a top 3 pick and use the money to pursue Joe Johnson. Just suggestions.

How unfortunate Monta. What were you thinking? You didnít learn anything?

Apparently not.

ertanozgur
09-07-2008, 11:06 AM
his career is over??? is it true??

barreleffact
09-07-2008, 11:12 AM
his career is over??? is it true??

im wondering too. only time will tell though. itd be pretty sad if he didnt learn from jay willliams promising career though. if they void his contract, im sorry, but id laugh. he shouldnt have been so dumb. maybe im hating because i dont think he deserved that much anyway.

BADizzleBoY
09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
its not over, pepople are making this a bigger deal then need be, he did something he shouldnt have done, they will fine/suspend him, and we will all move on with our lives, his career aint over either

Steve Kerr
09-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Please take Ben Gordon and his outrageous salary.

mrblisterdundee
09-07-2008, 11:56 AM
The fact is he will never do as much as he did with a healthy ankle. Lateral quickness is all the rage with the combo guards. His career isn't over, but he won't be moving as fast, crossing over as quickly, or showing off as many acrobatics. I say all this without even knowing how bad the injury ultimately is. From how bad it has been publicly deemed as, though, he will never be quite as explosive.

cubulls
09-07-2008, 12:13 PM
He gets what he deserves...

SwaggaIke
09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
This article is too over the top for me. I don't think he suffered the most devastating injury. Dwyane proved that you can come back from leg injuries more athletic than ever. I think we can all agree that D Wade has never been more explosive than he was in the Olympics. If Monta is willing to put in the work in the weight/training room, he can get back and be better than ever. I don't know the exact severity of the injury, but it can't be career threatening.

Beno7500
09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
His career isn't over.

sacgiants1213
09-07-2008, 12:43 PM
where's this from

heyman321
09-07-2008, 12:54 PM
This article is too over the top for me. I don't think he suffered the most devastating injury. Dwyane proved that you can come back from leg injuries more athletic than ever. I think we can all agree that D Wade has never been more explosive than he was in the Olympics. If Monta is willing to put in the work in the weight/training room, he can get back and be better than ever. I don't know the exact severity of the injury, but it can't be career threatening.

Holy crap the first time I see a post from you that is unitalicised!!! :speechless: :speechless: :speechless:

Edit: Well, when I quote it, it is, hahaha.

_Sn1P3r_
09-07-2008, 01:01 PM
His career isn't over. He just has to mature faster as he is the leader of the team now, he has to learn from his mistakes and put it behind him and just bounce back from his injury to help his team and still contribute.

CityKid415
09-07-2008, 01:23 PM
what is the sources of this article? I think this is way over the top. His career isn't over, he just needs to put in the effort get back to full strength

Lone Maverick
09-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Like about everyone else already said, saying his career is over is way too early to predict. It may very well be for all we know but until we do know thats just opinion and speculation. I don't think it is. I do think if he doesn't put in the time then one of the main things that made him special (his speed and quickness) wont be at the level they were prior to this.

bogdanrom
09-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I doubt his career is over. Will he ever be as good as he could have been? Probably not.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I think this may be a bit harsh of an article. I guess we won't know what lingering effets he will have for a few months, or more. But I can't see his career being over. It will be interesting to see how long and if he can get back to what he was, because he needs that speed to dominate like he does. Without it, he won't be that 24-6 player they need.

hockeypro68
09-07-2008, 05:52 PM
What a dumb article. Monta Ellis is a STUD. He is a future allstar, and one of the top young prospects in the game today. Although I am very interested to see how he'll handle the full time starting pointguard role once he does come back. I can see him recovering from this injury and returning to full form with no problem. He's a freaking Baller. 53% fg, 20ppg, 5 rebounds, 4 assists... as a SG and backseat player to Davis..

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Who wrote the article and where is it from? Just wondering.

SwaggaIke
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
I believe I read it on hoopshype.

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Here is some information I found about the deltoid ligament:

"The deltoid ligament is triangular in shape and consists of a superficial and deep layer which connect the talus to the medial malleolus.

The superficial part of the deltoid ligament consists of the tibionavicular ligament, the tibiocalcaneal ligament in the middle, and the superficial tibiotalar ligament posteriorly. The deep layer of the deltoid consists of the anterior and posterior tibiotalar ligaments. The deep layer is more important in ankle stability than superficial layer. During ankle motion all parts of the deltoid ligament function as a unit providing support to the ankle."

Maybe this is pretty serious considering the deltoid ligament is needed to provide support for the ankle during motion. Maybe his mobility will be affected.

barreleffact
09-08-2008, 06:52 AM

The article didnt mean that his career is literally over. It did however state that he wont be able to play on the level that he should be able to, nor will his skill reach his past potential. I don't know the severity of the injury, but it does sound pretty serious to be compared to jay williams. williams was going to be an absolute stud. he had FAR more potential than monta ellis could dream of IMO. Also, I disagree what you said about wade for 2 reasons. The first being that wade had knee tendonitis or some knee injury thats completely different. secondly, i do not consider him to be more athletic than he was before. from the games and highlights i saw, he only dunked on fast breaks and never posterized anyone. wade of past dunked on everyone and was a step faster than even kobe. however, it was kobe that always blow by defenders...wade just played great risky help defense, and picked off passes incredibly well. he didnt cross people like he used to nor carry the same explosion IMO. thats isnt to discredit him at all. he was still beasting and he is just now becoming in his prime so i could be wrong, but wade of old was a headache to everyone on both sides for every minute he was in the game. its easy to look fresh going from 38 minutes or more to less than 19

LakerzDQ
09-08-2008, 09:17 AM
perhaps the article was delivered with a touch of sarcasm?

don't get your knickers in a bunch, people.

$ NyC $
09-08-2008, 09:37 AM
that would be ashame tho Ellis has amazing talent

barreleffact
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
does anyone know much about his injury or injury type. everything ive read has stated its incredibly uncommon in basketball and that few people recover from it. most articles have said most of his talent could be gone but a few have argued differently. i havent been able to do as much research as id like by far, so can anyone give realistic expectations as if he can get back to his lvl of play and even improve to where his potential's ceiling was