PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley in room with Chalmers and Arthur?

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 04:03 AM
KU's Chalmers, Arthur booted from NBA program after marijuana found
By J. BRADY McCOLLOUGH
The Kansas City Star
Mario Chalmers raised three fingers after sinking a three-pointer against Texas in the Big 12 Tournament championship game at the Sprint Center in March. KU's Darrell Arthur (left) and Mario Chalmers were booted from the NBA rookie program. Kansas forward Darrell Arthur blocked a shot by North Carolina forward Tyler Hansbrough during this year's Final Four in San Antonio. Former Kansas forward Darrell Arthur plays with a basketball at his table in the green room before the start of the 2008 NBA basketball draft in June.

* ESPN.com report

LAWRENCE | Former Kansas basketball players Darrell Arthur and Mario Chalmers were kicked out of the NBA’s rookie transition program on Wednesday after being caught with marijuana in their hotel room in Rye Brook, N.Y., sources told ESPN The Magazine.

“They were sent home for violating program rules,” NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre told the magazine. Chalmers and Arthur were instrumental in KU’s run to the 2008 national championship. Chalmers, of course, hit the 3-pointer to send the NCAA title game against Memphis to overtime, while Arthur had 20 points and 10 rebounds. Both players decided to leave Kansas early for the NBA.

Sources told the magazine that Chalmers, a Miami Heat point guard, and Arthur, a Memphis Grizzlies forward, were also fined $20,000 apiece and will begin the season on the league’s suspended list. McIntyre would not confirm that to the magazine.

The initial ESPN report said that former Kansas State player and No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley was in the room, but later reports removed the reference to Beasley being present. The earlier report said Beasley was deemed not to be connected to the marijuana.

Thus far, the decision to leave early for the NBA has not benefited Chalmers and Arthur. Both players were picked later than they would have liked – Arthur fell to New Orleans at No. 27 overall and Chalmers fell out of the first round before being taken at No. 34 by Minnesota.

Now, they have been asked to leave the NBA’s rookie transition program, a four-day seminar which informs 69 rookies about life in the league.

The magazine said that Chalmers and Arthur will have to go through the program again next season.

http://www.kansascity.com/666/story/780112.html

The Big Lead reported this also:

"According to police, the mystery man locked himself in the bathroom, repeatedly flushed the toilet, and refused to open the door."

This could possibly be Michael Beasley.

Anyways, people were wondering about Beasleys character and this is pretty alarming. I have grief about the guy already breaking the rules, but I also have a big grief about the fact that ESPN is already protecting him.

cambovenzi
09-07-2008, 04:09 AM
ehh.
some kids smokin pot.
no big deal, but obviously they didnt get the memo.

the thing says beasley wasnt connected.

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 04:15 AM
ehh.
some kids smokin pot.
no big deal, but obviously they didnt get the memo.

the thing says beasley wasnt connected.

I know, but ESPN shouldn't be hiding the fact that he was there. BTW--Do you really believe that Beasley sat on the side and watched Chalmers, Arthur, and some women smoke some weed. Mhm. Seems a little suspicious. I was also referring to the fact that Beasley could be the mystery man that was flushing the toilet with something.

_Supreme_
09-07-2008, 04:49 AM
I know, but ESPN shouldn't be hiding the fact that he was there.

Why the hell would ESPN, sensationmongers as they are, want to hide such a thing? Getting incorrect information and correcting an article afterwards happens you know.

If Beasley was there, and especially if he was in the toilet flushing down weed, we definitely would have heard about it, and he would have been thrown off the camp also.

You are making presumptions without any factual indication of truth. That's pretty ignorant Imo :rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Why the hell would ESPN, sensationmongers as they are, want to hide such a thing? Getting incorrect information and correcting an article afterwards happens you know.

If Beasley was there, and especially if he was in the toilet flushing down weed, we definitely would have heard about it, and he would have been thrown off the camp also.

You are making presumptions without any factual indication of truth. That's pretty ignorant Imo :rolleyes:

I didn't say that ESPN should PRESUME he was smoking marijuana, but simply note he was in the room. From this article as well as another, it seems to be that he was in room, but just didn't smoke with them. I was basically noting that it was suspicious and that there was a mystery man flushing SOMETHING down the toilet, which one website said could've been Beasley.

BTW--ESPN protects star players at times and sometimes doesn't. I was just saying that they could be protecting Beasley by not saying he happened to be in the room.

_Supreme_
09-07-2008, 05:11 AM
Anyways, people were wondering about Beasleys character and this is pretty alarming. I have grief about the guy already breaking the rules, but I also have a big grief about the fact that ESPN is already protecting him.

This indicates to me that you are condemning him while he might not have done anything at all.

If there was someone flushing down stuff in the toilet and that person was Beasley it would have been pretty obvious I'd think, and we would definitely have heard it was him.

Even in case other players were merely present (if, that is, and being present in a room with fellow rookies isn't breaking rules) and weren't doing anything wrong I wouldn't call it protecting the players, but merely not unneccessarily connecting them with negativity.

As soon as people see a name merely mentioned in an article a lot of them will automatically connect the name to whatever the article is about and pass judgment, so Imo it is the media's job to prevent that as much as possible when there is no reason for it.

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 05:16 AM
This indicates to me that you are condemning him while he might not have done anything at all.

In case other players were merely present (if, that is) and weren't doing anything wrong I wouldn't call it protecting the players, but merely not unneccessarily connecting them with negativity.

As soon as people see a name merely mentioned in an article a lot of them will automatically connect the name to whatever the article is about and pass judgment, so Imo it is the media's job to prevent that as much as possible when there is no reason to it.

True. I guess I was typing a little too fast so I didn't translate what I wanted to say entirely to what I wrote. I meant that if it happens to be that he was also participating then I have grief about that as well. I wasn't condemning him entirely, but just a little suspicious. We will see if anything is to come out of this.

MiamiHeat
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
:rolleyes:
trying to start something
they say he wasn't connect so
/THREAD

MTone8788
09-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Armin, you are rediculous. "Oh this is pretty alarming!".. why do you care so much like it concerns or affects you? It happened, it's done, it's over with, so get over it.

Litchris12
09-07-2008, 11:50 AM
well i dont think he was there. they would have definitelt knock down that door and found out who it is. there not gonna leave someone in the bathroom and not investigate who was in there. if it was beasley then beasley would have been caught by now. PLus it was New York they were caught in. Drama capitol. they would have definitley linked his name out by now.

Rome
09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
The fact is though, if he was in that bathroom flushing the weed, they would have found out. Unless their complete idiots.

dick butane
09-08-2008, 11:43 AM
If the man got away with it... then there ain't no issue.