PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Yo-Yo = No CC???

Segway2_89
09-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Just thought of this one at the game today idk if its been discussed on here or not.

Segway2_89
09-07-2008, 01:07 PM
no what I meant was if he would have not been hurt this year do you think we would've traded for him.

Brooke
09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
no what I meant was if he would have not been hurt this year do you think we would've traded for him.

Yep I do think they still would have made the trade

chicagofan71
09-07-2008, 06:34 PM
Yep I do think they still would have made the trade

to be honest, I doubt it. If you guys had Gallardo, then the need for another #2 starter wouldn't be there. If Suppan, Parra, and others were struggling, you'd be more in the market for more of a Randy Wolf

BaRRySandAmaN
09-07-2008, 08:10 PM
to be honest, I doubt it. If you guys had Gallardo, then the need for another #2 starter wouldn't be there. If Suppan, Parra, and others were struggling, you'd be more in the market for more of a Randy Wolf
No we probaly would of still pulled the deal off for CC. No one else had the Caliber of player the Indians were looking for and that another team could live without could live without. LaPorta was the key to that deal and I still think CC would have been Brewer. Just think if YO didnt get hurt, and what this rotation would do with him here.

Brooke
09-07-2008, 08:37 PM
No we probaly would of still pulled the deal off for CC. No one else had the Caliber of player the Indians were looking for and that another team could live without could live without. LaPorta was the key to that deal and I still think CC would have been Brewer. Just think if YO didnt get hurt, and what this rotation would do with him here.

Yep completely agree. The Brewers FO have said they were going to go for it and getting CC proved that. They still would have traded for him

Brew Crew
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM

Completely agree. The furthest that Melvin would have probably gone would've have been someone like Rich Harden or AJ Burnett.

crowdawg239
09-11-2008, 01:22 PM
If they had Gallardo with Sheets and CC, they would have one of the best top 3 pitchers in MLB, if not the best.

Smithy04
09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
CC needs to be locked up long-term with us. If we need to cut some other bigger contracts, we might have to do that to keep this once-in-a-lifetime pitcher.