PDA

View Full Version : US Mag Loses Up To 10,000 Subscribers Over False Claim About Sarah Palin

CubsGirl
09-06-2008, 09:08 PM
She's Not Just Like US

So this is interesting. US WEEKLY is losing subscribers because of it's Sarah Palin cover story, "Babies, Lies and Scandals."

There were reports as many as 10,000 subscribers bailed, but US told Page Six the number was closer to 1,000. Apparently the mag -- and to be fair just about everyone else in the media -- misjudged Palin's impact once she opened her mouth.

tmz.com

I thought those of us who thought that publishing this false story was REALLY unprofessional would enjoy this.

And in case you missed it, the scandal is that they were so desperate to be the ones to "break" the "story" about Bristol being Trig's mother and Palin faking her pregnancy that they rushed the magazine out before doing any fact-checking at all.

downsos
09-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Serves them right

KingJamsI
09-06-2008, 11:10 PM
good. as much as I dislike Sarah Palin, I think it's critical to remove the sensationalist and extraneous nonsense that gets printed, reported, and talked about regarding the candidates and their families.

I think it's important to recognize that the Obama Campaign and their assorted surrogates have not been involved in this junk, which is less than can be said about McCain and company with the Obama smears.

ari1013
09-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Anything to get people to stop reading tabloids is a good thing.