PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Baker "The Touchdown Maker" suiting up as WR #4???

hyp21
09-05-2008, 11:36 PM
Seems as though Dallas Baker may be the No. 4 reciever and that Limas Sweed may not even be suiting up to play......I'm kinda suprised about this. Baker looked pretty decent in the preseason and although Sweed still has some work ahead of him to make the transition smoother into the pros, but didn't Baker just not fight off the inconquerable WILLIE REID for a spot on the team? Maybe the ptb see more than I do. But I'm not really sold on this decision. thoughts?

SteelCurtain
09-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Sweed will earn his spot pretty soon. I don't think there's any doubt about that. I like that Baker played well enough to win the spot, but it worries me that Sweed didn't:confused:

GoCubbies65
09-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Sweed didnt earn the spot because he was pressing a lot and dropped some balls.

Baker earned the spot because he played well and has size and big play ability and can be a good red zone weapon

hyp21
09-06-2008, 10:32 AM
^ I agree in a sense....Just bothers me a little that Sweed hasn't been able to produce as expected. I'm sure however soon they will split time. Sweed just needs a little more time. Baker gotta come with it though. He's been given the bone.

SwaggaIke
09-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Baker outplayed Sweed. He made plays when his number was called and put together a decent ypc average.

NYMetros
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Not really a surprise IMO. Sweed hasn't really done anything in preseason while Baker has played good. Obviously Baker deserves the spot because he has done better. You don't just give the spot to Sweed because he was a 2nd round pick and you want him to succeed.

Steelinks
09-06-2008, 10:24 PM
In Mike Tomlins press conference he said Baker and Sweed are still vying for the #4 spot. We may see a little mixing it up out there come game time and see who actually performs when it matters. GO STEELERS!

stealaz #1
09-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I think WR is the hardest thing to grasp, Baker have a year experience on Sweed as a pro so i think he should get the shot if Sweed aint gettin the concept it dont matter how good you run a route if its the wrong route you running whats the use,two more years Holmes ,Baker ,an Sweed goin to be MONSTERS!!!!! thats my word.

SenecaValley46
09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
So you think the future will be Holmes-1 Baker-2 Sweed-3 then we'd pick up a rookie to be the 4th? If they develop that doesnt sound like that bad of a future. They all have potential

stealaz #1
09-08-2008, 12:21 AM
I think Sweed will take the 2 once he get the scheme down,but man is it just me but i dred the day Ward leaves us he truely is a Steeler.

myqntab
09-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I think Sweed will take the 2 once he get the scheme down,but man is it just me but i dred the day Ward leaves us he truely is a Steeler.

it will be a sad day when ward leaves, but we got a great young core to carry on....and i expect sweed to outplay baker in the long run