PDA

View Full Version : Trade Proposal: Randolph to the Grizzlies

hockeypro68
09-05-2008, 11:03 PM
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/09/zach_expects_to_be_in_memphis.html

Zach expects to be in Memphis this season (and Allan Houston hopes to be a Knick again)

A lead note in my story today that might have gone unnoticed:

Zach Randolph is bracing himself for a second trade in as many years and a person close to the Knicks forward said he believes Memphis will be his destination. The Grizzlies and Knicks have had ongoing dialogue about Randolph over the summer and Walsh, who is still looking to add some shot-blocking to the roster, has interest in 7-foot center Darko Milicic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3571031

The Knicks have a trade proposal on the table with the Memphis Grizzlies that would see Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric dealt to New York in exchange for Zach Randolph.

An executive with knowledge of the trade talks said Friday that Knicks president Donnie Walsh initiated the Randolph-to-Memphis talks with the Grizzlies recently and it's up to Walsh to sign off on the deal.

The deal basically sends Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric. What do you think? If you ask me, a Grizzlies team with Conley, Mayo, Gay, M.Gasol, Haddadi, and now Zach Randolph has a lot of potential... It'll be interesting to see how much noise the Grizzlies can make next season.

heyman321
09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Doesn't that make New York take on more a payroll than before?

fabian11593
09-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Umm, they dont have Love. He was traded on draft night for OJ mayo. so no yo sh** 1st alright?

Chronz
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Doesn't that make New York take on more a payroll than before?

Marko's contract runs as long as Z-bo's so they'll still be committed but Darko's only runs until 2010 so they save like 8-9 million or whatever Darko makes that last year.

hockeypro68
09-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Lol, idiot. Even so, I don't see the Grizzlies OR Knicks cracking 30 wins.

knicks religion
09-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Lol, idiot. You're right though, my mistake. Even so, I don't see the Grizzlies OR Knicks cracking 30 wins.

i don't see you shutting the fxk up any time soon either.

on behalf of the knicks . . .**** the other team. [memphis]

hockeypro68
09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Ouch! ...must've struck a nerve.

dre1990
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
if i were the grizs i'd do it

Cracka2HI!
09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Ouch! ...must've struck a nerve.

Dude what happened man! You stopped posting in the Clipper forum...

torontosports10
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
simmer

and i hate this deal for the Grizz Z-BO is the last thing they need chemistry wise and attitude wise. This would help NY alot for the Lebron sweep stakes if Darko contract ends in time which i think it does.

hockeypro68
09-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Dude what happened man! You stopped posting in the Clipper forum...

I didn't stop... just haven't posted there in a while. Lol, its the offseason, sometimes days and days go by where NOTHING of interest happens or is brought up. Don't worry man, I'll be back :smoking:

kyomack
09-05-2008, 11:44 PM
i don't see you shutting the fxk up any time soon either.

on behalf of the knicks . . .**** the other team. [memphis]

damn...those are fightin words

mrblisterdundee
09-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Umm, they dont have Love. He was traded on draft night for OJ mayo. so no yo sh** 1st alright?

The name Love is never mentioned in the entire post.

I Am Awesome-O
09-05-2008, 11:50 PM

Yeah I was about to say...

Anyways this is a good trade for the Griz in my mind. Darko is worthless, Marko is worthless, Randolph is not. Plus they would still have plenty of money to sign a top free agent in 2009 or 2010.

op12
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
i would keep darko over randolph. see how darko and gasol can work together. try to actually keep the young guys together a few years and see how they do.

yojoe792
09-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Is it me or do all these "trade proposals" never come through? I can't think of one time....

Jay22Redd
09-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Get it done!

SAVAGE CLAW
09-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Just what Memphis needed, they got a Shooting Pg who demands touches, they got a Complete Ball hog in Gay, Mayo is a suppossed KObe part II and needs/wants/gets no matter how illadvised they are touches, and Marc Well, he can deffend but his best asset is scoring in the paint.

So yes just what they needed a Scoring Pf who does not care at all for D or Team Play or anything else than his stats.

DopieB
09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
It might make the Knicks better, but not enough to crack 35 wins

rico
09-06-2008, 12:44 AM
if i were the grizs i'd do it

me too if i were them. with their 2 new centers in gasol and the Iranian they would have a decent combo.

Chronz
09-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Z-Bo would have more value to Memphis then he did alongside Eddy Curry. Its not like the Grizz are losing anything, so they get rid of Marko who has as many years as Z-Bo had on his contract and practically end up paying about 9Million for Z-Bo after Darko's final season.

It makes sense for both teams, Darko is a decent defender and can cover Eddy's frequent lax defense for about 20 minutes a night before he inevitably gets into foul trouble. Thats worth more than what Z-Bo gave them (empty stats). And he expires in 2010 so they save $ in the process. Sucks they have to take on Marko.

KG#1
09-06-2008, 01:54 AM
even thought darko and marko are useless the grizz would have to deal with zbo
they should just wait, get a hight draft pick and sign a free agent

hockeypro68
09-06-2008, 02:46 AM
In my opinion, Jaric is DECENT at best, and I really don't see him Improving at his age, well that and the fact that I don't know how much time he'd get over in New York. What do you guys think?

Milicic is still Very young and has plenty of time and potential to develop and improve. Randolph, on the other hand is at an interesting age and point in his career. He averaged nearly 24 points with the Blazers in '06-'07, but then dropped to just about 18 in New York for '07-'08. Another change of scenary may help or hurt Randolph, so it'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

MiamiHeatWade33
09-06-2008, 04:05 AM
that would be a big mistake for the knicks there franchise is going to get even more horrible.

MiamiHeatWade33
09-06-2008, 04:07 AM
the knicks rebuilding is not very interesting the only way they have rebuilded was drafting Danilo Galinero? yeah and getting chris duhon...

hockeypro68
09-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Its clear the Knicks are just trying to get all the 2010 expiring contracts they can so that they give themselves the highest chance of landing Lebron or any of the other SEVERAL allstar free agents becoming available in that offseason.

DenButsu
09-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Marko's contract runs as long as Z-bo's so they'll still be committed but Darko's only runs until 2010 so they save like 8-9 million or whatever Darko makes that last year.

Setting basketball aside for a moment, I think this is a fantastic financial move for the Knicks if they can swing it.

2008-09 2009-10 2010-11
Darko Milicic 7,000,000 7,665,158
Marko Jaric 6,575,000 7,100,000 7,625,000
(total 28,936,158)

Zach Randolph 14,666,667 16,000,000 17,333,333
(total 48,000,000)

First of all, this cuts their total guaranteed salary obligations by $19,063,842. True, that's stretched out over three seasons, but for a team that's as hamstrung by their financial situation as the Knicks are right now, it's a great start.

And just as, if not even more importantly, it basically doubles their flexibility vis a vis Randolph. Moving him was never gonna be easy, and they were never gonna get the kind of value back for him that they might have hoped when they picked him up originally. So getting two players in return who roughly split his salary down the middle is a bit of a godsend. Moving either Darko or Jaric separately (perhaps packaged with a pick or a different player) will be worlds easier than - if they were to pass on this offer - moving Z-Bo later on down the line.

And with a lot of big contracts potentially coming off the books in 2010 (Q-Rich, James, Duhon), if they're able to move Jaric by then and they let Darko expire, they could actually be in a position to get in on the 2010 free market action. The current salaries on the roster that they'd still have on the books for 2010-11:

Curry 11,276,863
Crawford 10,080,000* (*I know, but he's still on the roster w/ a player option)

That's it. Just over $21 mil. Of course, they'll have made other signings/extensions in the meantime, but if Zach were on the books that summer, all of a sudden you're looking at nearly $40 million plus rather than just over $20 million plus. Getting him out the door is a total game changer.

If I were GM of the Knicks, I'd pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat.

bigmac8675
09-06-2008, 06:13 AM
I think this trade would be good for both teams... kind of shakes things up and brings new faces in.

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 06:22 AM
Source: Knicks suggest dealing Randolph to Memphis

By Andrew Marchand
ESPN.com
(Archive)

The Knicks have a trade proposal on the table with the Memphis Grizzlies that would see Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric dealt to New York in exchange for Zach Randolph.

An executive with knowledge of the trade talks said Friday that Knicks president Donnie Walsh initiated the Randolph-to-Memphis talks with the Grizzlies recently and it's up to Walsh to sign off on the deal. But it appears Walsh has cooled to the idea of trading his player, the executive said.

A Knicks spokesman declined comment Friday.

Milicic is reportedly owed $14.5 million over the next two seasons, and Jaric will make $21.3 million the next three seasons. The Knicks want to trade Randoph because his contract runs through 2010-11. He will be paid nearly $48 million over those three seasons.

The move would help the Knicks with their salary cap. It has been widely perceived that their goal is get under the cap before the summer of 2010 so they can make a run at LeBron James and other high-profile free agents who will hit the market that offseason.

Andrew Marchand is the managing editor of 1050 ESPN Radio in New York.

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 06:22 AM
this rumor seems like it might actually happen...Walsh needs 2 pull the trigger and not blow it

MiamiHeatWade33
09-06-2008, 06:27 AM
oh well thats it for the knicks there done forever know there rebuilding its just not interesting at all now....

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 06:32 AM
i agree...not just because I'm a Knicks fan but Chris Wallace said they want a PF who can bang down low and Zach Randolph can do that...they don't have a offensive post presence at all and Z-bo could be that guy...they have enough $$ 2 take his contract on as well

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 06:49 AM
I'm a obvious Knick fan...and although I'm very impatient and wish this process could be faster .. but I'd much rather be patient instead of see Walsh make dum@$ deals like Thomas did...yea there was some action..wow omg new trade great...but right now we are paying the price for Thomas' hastiness..This trade would make enough noise and solve some big problems 4 us..

hockeypro68
09-06-2008, 06:57 AM
I really do think both teams will benefit from this trade, which is why I think and hope that it will go through. Might I ask though, why you made the exact same thread again?

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 07:44 AM
honestly i made it and then i saw yours..my bad...

i usually go directly 2 the Knicks page not general NBA..so i saw it up on ESPN and posted it at the Knicks forum...then i saw yours and was like..oh

_Supreme_
09-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Oh yeah right, so let's see....

Memphis traded away Pau Gasol for next to nothing because they supposedly wanted to clear cap space so badly, and now they replace that same cap space with friggin' Zach Randolph :eyebrow:

It's complete BS, and only more reason to believe that whole Gasol "trade" was a big fixed scam and the Memphis GM took money on the side.

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 08:15 AM
but i think the $$ they have now is a trade exemption or something...like if they don't use it this year it goes 2 waste

Weezy
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Please Walsh, accept this offer :pray:

ZHawk1123
09-06-2008, 08:49 AM

:laugh2:

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 08:53 AM
i hope Walsh pushes 4 a pick or nice player like lowry,crittention, or warrick..but i hope he doesn't push 2 much...if they don't want it don't push 2 the point where they're like ok then fu 4get it

HouRealCoach
09-06-2008, 09:16 AM
That would only make the West even tougher....

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 09:30 AM
That would only make the West even tougher....

i think it would help Memphis but not 2 the point where it would make them that much of a problem in the playoff race

Cavs_Fan24
09-06-2008, 09:51 AM
i'd do it if i were the Grizzlies.

*Superman*
09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
I hope this goes through...then Dwight can screw Darko in the paint for leaving the Magic.

marques724
09-06-2008, 11:26 AM
The grizzlies need to wait in till the off-season where they are better players with better character available

MiamiHeat
09-06-2008, 11:30 AM
make it happen
Marko will move to NY and Adriana will be happy
:up:

29$JerZ
09-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Adriana Lima :clap: in the garden :)

rabzouz 96
09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
i dont see the sense or profit for the grizz in this trade, but from a knicks side i hope it goes through.

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Adriana Lima :clap: in the garden :)

oh yea...theres a thread about what would bring you 2 the garden...

a little Lima babyy

GSRaider
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM

The deal basically sends Zach Randolph to the Grizzlies for Darko Milicic and Marko Jaric. What do you think? If you ask me, a Grizzlies team with Conley, Mayo, Gay, M.Gasol, Haddadi, and now Zach Randolph has a lot of potential... It'll be interesting to see how much noise the Grizzlies can make next season.

damn... Memphis would have a lot potential and a lot of talent at each position... they would make the western conference even deeper

SIN3ITY
09-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Setting basketball aside for a moment, I think this is a fantastic financial move for the Knicks if they can swing it.

2008-09 2009-10 2010-11
Darko Milicic 7,000,000 7,665,158
Marko Jaric 6,575,000 7,100,000 7,625,000
(total 28,936,158)

Zach Randolph 14,666,667 16,000,000 17,333,333
(total 48,000,000)

First of all, this cuts their total guaranteed salary obligations by $19,063,842. True, that's stretched out over three seasons, but for a team that's as hamstrung by their financial situation as the Knicks are right now, it's a great start.

And just as, if not even more importantly, it basically doubles their flexibility vis a vis Randolph. Moving him was never gonna be easy, and they were never gonna get the kind of value back for him that they might have hoped when they picked him up originally. So getting two players in return who roughly split his salary down the middle is a bit of a godsend. Moving either Darko or Jaric separately (perhaps packaged with a pick or a different player) will be worlds easier than - if they were to pass on this offer - moving Z-Bo later on down the line.

And with a lot of big contracts potentially coming off the books in 2010 (Q-Rich, James, Duhon), if they're able to move Jaric by then and they let Darko expire, they could actually be in a position to get in on the 2010 free market action. The current salaries on the roster that they'd still have on the books for 2010-11:

Curry 11,276,863
Crawford 10,080,000* (*I know, but he's still on the roster w/ a player option)

That's it. Just over $21 mil. Of course, they'll have made other signings/extensions in the meantime, but if Zach were on the books that summer, all of a sudden you're looking at nearly $40 million plus rather than just over $20 million plus. Getting him out the door is a total game changer.

If I were GM of the Knicks, I'd pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat.

Look I agree with this post for the most part.....If.... I was a Gm, but I'm not a GM, I am a fan, so I would like to see a deal that would put us in a situation that will win more games now, not in 2010..... Look if u think about it, we've been rebuilding for like 5 or 6 years now with negative results... I don't know about u other Knicks fans, but I'm tired of seeing my team loose, and neither Dark-Ho or Mark-Ho are gonna help us win anything but another loosing season!

JIDsanity
09-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Not a bad idea for Memphis

Afridi786
09-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Chris Wallace is a terrible gm, so he'll likely do this deal.

DenButsu
09-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Look I agree with this post for the most part.....If.... I was a Gm, but I'm not a GM, I am a fan, so I would like to see a deal that would put us in a situation that will win more games now, not in 2010..... Look if u think about it, we've been rebuilding for like 5 or 6 years now with negative results... I don't know about u other Knicks fans, but I'm tired of seeing my team loose, and neither Dark-Ho or Mark-Ho are gonna help us win anything but another loosing season!

From a fan POV, that totally makes sense. I want the Nugs to win, you want the Knicks to win, too. I can dig it.

But, here's what I would say is the difference:

The last 4 years have been aimless meandering, Isiah Thomas style "rebuilding", which has not in fact been a "rebuilding" at all but rather a slow accumulation of more expensive and more expensive pieces.

This is an opportunity for a TRUE rebuild. A "we gonna burn this mutha out", tear down the wall to its foundations and build it back up from scratch approach.

That hasn't happened in New York. And, I would argue, it needs to happen. A total ****ing catharsis. A complete purging of all the soiled laundry and bad blood and tainted talent. How many times here at PSD in response to a "Who would you give up for ... _____?" question have I seen Knicks fans say, "ALL of them!"

This would be a fundamentally different move than what has been happening recently. It would be 180 degrees to the contrary of it. It would be moving away from what the Knicks have become, and moving towards (at best) a Portland type youth movement.

"Getting" Darko and/or Jaric isn't the point. The point is completely washing yourselves clean of the current roster.

The Prodigy
09-06-2008, 12:45 PM

it is b4 the person edits it

_Sn1P3r_
09-06-2008, 12:48 PM
On paper Memphis looks pretty good if that happens. The things is, can they mesh?

_Sn1P3r_
09-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Someone should merge the threads.

Hawkeye15
09-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Bad trade for the Grizz, for the Knicks, okay. Curry and Lee can replace what Randolph did, they will have another $8 million for 2010, and Darko could still be something. Memphis, I don't understand. You are going to be one of the worst 2 teams anyways. You need shots for Gay, Mayo, etc. Randolph has proven he is not a locker room guy and has an attitude. Do you really want to surround your young talent with him? Memphis's management is becoming the worst in the NBA.

hockeypro68
09-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Bad trade for the Grizz, for the Knicks, okay. Curry and Lee can replace what Randolph did, they will have another $8 million for 2010, and Darko could still be something. Memphis, I don't understand. You are going to be one of the worst 2 teams anyways. You need shots for Gay, Mayo, etc. Randolph has proven he is not a locker room guy and has an attitude. Do you really want to surround your young talent with him? Memphis's management is becoming the worst in the NBA.

I definitely see what you're saying, and I do agree with a lot of it. Particularly the fact that Randolph would take touches away from developing players like Gay and Mayo, however I still think it's a deal Memphis should take. I do believe Milicic has/will develop into a solid, sound Center in the NBA, but I also believe that whether or not Randolph creates attitude or chemistry problems (which I think is just the excuse many teams use to justify losing), he's still a Baller. He still averaged nearly 24 points 2 seasons ago, and 18 last season. That and he can rebound... thats about it. But with the addidtion of Marc Gasol AND the Iranian Haddadi, the Grizzlies have less need for Darko, and thus I think it'd be only beneficial to trade Milicic and get whatever you can... such as a proven scorer in Zach Randolph.

Chronz
09-06-2008, 04:29 PM

The Knicks havent been rebuilding, theyve been attempting to win now for the past few years, its just their moves have been so bad and ridiculously futile that it seems like you guys have been rebuilding. Rebuilding is when you say enough is enough and look to freeing up cap space and building around an established core. Everytime the Knicks have some major contract about to come off the books they turn around and trade it for a longer commitment. Its time for the Knicks to rebuild the right way, through the draft and free agency, no more BS trades that only exasperate the situation.

Chronz
09-06-2008, 04:30 PM
From a fan POV, that totally makes sense. I want the Nugs to win, you want the Knicks to win, too. I can dig it.

The last 4 years have been aimless meandering, Isiah Thomas style "rebuilding", which has not in fact been a "rebuilding" at all but rather a slow accumulation of more expensive and more expensive pieces.

This is an opportunity for a TRUE rebuild. A "we gonna burn this mutha out", tear down the wall to its foundations and build it back up from scratch approach.

That hasn't happened in New York. And, I would argue, it needs to happen. A total ****ing catharsis. A complete purging of all the soiled laundry and bad blood and tainted talent. How many times here at PSD in response to a "Who would you give up for ... _____?" question have I seen Knicks fans say, "ALL of them!"

This would be a fundamentally different move than what has been happening recently. It would be 180 degrees to the contrary of it. It would be moving away from what the Knicks have become, and moving towards (at best) a Portland type youth movement.

"Getting" Darko and/or Jaric isn't the point. The point is completely washing yourselves clean of the current roster.
:clap::clap::clap:

Hawkeye15
09-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I definitely see what you're saying, and I do agree with a lot of it. Particularly the fact that Randolph would take touches away from developing players like Gay and Mayo, however I still think it's a deal Memphis should take. I do believe Milicic has/will develop into a solid, sound Center in the NBA, but I also believe that whether or not Randolph creates attitude or chemistry problems (which I think is just the excuse many teams use to justify losing), he's still a Baller. He still averaged nearly 24 points 2 seasons ago, and 18 last season. That and he can rebound... thats about it. But with the addidtion of Marc Gasol AND the Iranian Haddadi, the Grizzlies have less need for Darko, and thus I think it'd be only beneficial to trade Milicic and get whatever you can... such as a proven scorer in Zach Randolph.

I guess. At least with Randolph, they will lose by only 10 a night, vs 15. I just don't like him. He is fat, lazy, and has an attitude. He does produce though. But he isn't the answer. Both teams need to be clearing rosters any way they can, this smells like an attempt by both.

hockeypro68
09-07-2008, 05:48 PM
I honestly think that this Grizzlies team has the potential to be pretty decent, as soon as next season. And talk about a promising young team to rival the Blazers, the probable starting 5 for the Grizzlies looks something like this: Conley(age 21), OJ Mayo(age 20), Gay (age 22), Marc Gasol (age 23), and Hamed Haddadi (age 23).

Now while all this youth and promise is excellent for the future, I don't see this team forming too much chemistry or winning too many games next season. And even if this trade doesn't go through though, they can keep Darko Milicic in their arsenal of young promising players full of potential.

Hawkeye15
09-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I honestly think that this Grizzlies team has the potential to be pretty decent, as soon as next season. And talk about a promising young team to rival the Blazers, the probable starting 5 for the Grizzlies looks something like this: Conley(age 21), OJ Mayo(age 20), Gay (age 22), Marc Gasol (age 23), and Hamed Haddadi (age 23).

Now while all this youth and promise is excellent for the future, I don't see this team forming too much chemistry or winning too many games next season. And even if this trade doesn't go through though, they can keep Darko Milicic in their arsenal of young promising players full of potential.

better days are ahead, but they are a 22 win team or so next year. 3 of the players you listed have 0 games played. Long season, but hey, the future could be bright.

rabzouz 96
09-07-2008, 08:46 PM
better days are ahead, but they are a 22 win team or so next year. 3 of the players you listed have 0 games played. Long season, but hey, the future could be bright.

it would even get brighter with that record. imagine they could draft either brandon jennings or tyreke evans and add them to this roster, with that they could package either conley, mayo or gay with a big and trade them for a big that fits better to their young roster and its needs than randolph

rabzouz 96
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM

i am totally agreeing to you, just break it down and build it new, because u dont need to renovate a house thats build on a shaky fundament

Hawkeye15
09-07-2008, 09:06 PM
it would even get brighter with that record. imagine they could draft either brandon jennings or tyreke evans and add them to this roster, with that they could package either conley, mayo or gay with a big and trade them for a big that fits better to their young roster and its needs than randolph

next years draft is not too deep, but they will get a very high pick. They don't need any more guards unless they shed what they have. Gay is a keeper. The rest, who knows? But they should have cap space next summer, and need to jump on a target right away, so they don't miss out like this summer. I still think Conley will be a good PG, and Gay is sweet. Mayo, I am not a fan off, but they are basically shedding $, and starting over. They could make noise in 4-5 years if they are smart.

JMan17
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Grizz linup

PG: Conley
SG: Mayo
SF: Gay
PF: Randolph
C: Gasol

that linup is pretty sick for a young team. Even if Randolph has an attitude he's still a really good player. The grizz also have nothing to lose here, they give away the first round 2nd pick bust (darko) and Jaric does not really look like he will get any better, and gain a good offensive PF which they REALLY need. Also they will still have a lot of cap space, so even with zach's reputation, the grizz still suck if they did not get him. I can't really imagine them sucking even worse with a better PF in the lineup. So for the grizz i would just give it a shot.

as for the knicks...well they still and always will suck :D

SAVAGE CLAW
09-07-2008, 10:57 PM
^there will come a day you will eat those words.

Word.

JMan17
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
^there will come a day you will eat those words.

Word.

really? a lineup of a 22 win team...

SG: Gay
SF: Miller
PF: Warriek
C: Darko

is a better lineup then this?

SG: Mayo
SF: Gay
PF: Randolph
C: Gasol

you're high. not a great or really good team but i can see somewhere around a 30-40 win team

king4day
09-07-2008, 11:37 PM
This may also be an attempt for Coach D to get a fast big man in Darko. I think doin this deal will also allow them to cut Marbury since they'd be getting Jaric.
A lotta people are underestimating what the knicks could do this year.
To say they will always suck or not win 30 games is silly. They have a chance to do more... not a title or deep run, but even contention for the playoffs would be a big step forward.

29$JerZ
09-07-2008, 11:56 PM
It's a good trade for both teams because Knicks need to rid themselves of all Isiah Thomas Era transactions, that means Zach,Marbury and eventually Jared need to go. New York i general never rebuild, they use quick fixes but in to longer works. If we trade with Memphis It will be a positive step into rebuilding NY into what it once was,a great and proud franchise.

GunFactor187
09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
Any team that acquires Z-Bust I have one thing to say:

:pity:
:pity: :pity:
:pity: :pity: :pity:
:pity: :pity: :pity: :pity:
:pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity:
:pity: :pity: :pity: :pity:
:pity: :pity: :pity:
:pity: :pity:
:pity:

DenButsu
09-08-2008, 12:23 AM
A lotta people are underestimating what the knicks could do this year.

With all due respect, a lot of Knicks fans were saying the same thing at the beginning of last season. In fact, I specifically remember that they tried to laugh me out of the NBA Forum for predicting that Philly would end up ahead of them in the division.

Iodine
09-08-2008, 12:25 AM

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

hockeypro68
09-09-2008, 02:03 AM
No one's even mentioned Hakim Warrik, Kyle Lowry, or Javaris Crittenton, on Top of all the young potential talent we've already named.

NastyRud
09-09-2008, 06:49 PM
I posted this on the Bulls forum. Would NY or Memphis like this? I added Ben Gordon seeing that it's possible we might not resign him and I think I read it somewhere saying he would love to play for NY.

Should we jump in the Griz / Knicks trade? Not sure about the cap room, but I think there's at least a couple possiblities for us. What are your ideas? Here's a couple of mine.

1- Bulls get Marko Jaric & future # 1 from NY
Knicks get Ben Gordon & Darko
Memphis gets Randolph & possible 2nd rd pick from Bulls.
Marko can back-up PG / SG / SF - allowing us a better chance to trade Kirk in the future.

2 - Bulls get Darko & Marko & Future # 1 from NY
Knicks get Gordon & Gooden
Memphis gets Randolph & Bulls 2nd rd pick.

3 - Bulls get Randolph
Knicks get Gordon & Darko
Memphis gets Gooden & # 1 pick from NY.

29$JerZ
09-09-2008, 06:51 PM
I posted this on the Bulls forum. Would NY or Memphis like this? I added Ben Gordon seeing that it's possible we might not resign him and I think I read it somewhere saying he would love to play for NY.

Should we jump in the Griz / Knicks trade? Not sure about the cap room, but I think there's at least a couple possiblities for us. What are your ideas? Here's a couple of mine.

1- Bulls get Marko Jaric & future # 1 from NY
Knicks get Ben Gordon & Darko
Memphis gets Randolph & possible 2nd rd pick from Bulls.
Marko can back-up PG / SG / SF - allowing us a better chance to trade Kirk in the future.

2 - Bulls get Darko & Marko & Future # 1 from NY
Knicks get Gordon & Gooden
Memphis gets Randolph & Bulls 2nd rd pick.

3 - Bulls get Randolph
Knicks get Gordon & Darko
Memphis gets Gooden & # 1 pick from NY.

Well a couple of months ago Donnie wanted BG7 instead of Kirk so MAYBE he would consider it. But at this point the Memphis deal withNY will happen. But not with us giving them a pick, stupid Front Office of the Memphis Griz