PDA

View Full Version : CP3/DWill

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Ok I'm from Utah & I'm not a Jazz fan.

Now that that's outta tha way. I don't think one day goes by when I have to argue with a Jazz fan about Chris Paul Being better than Deron Williams.

Sooo heres tha point, IF you could, would you trade Chris Paul for Deron Williams?

Starters:

Deron Williams
Posey/Mo-Pete
Peja
David West
Tyson Chandler

Let me know what you guys think....

Mckphins
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
no ****in way! Ya dwill is great but i rate paul sooo much higher. Paul is the next Isaih Thomas. No disrespect to dwill but id never consider it.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-05-2008, 08:40 PM
damn i expected this thread to blow up.

PhillyLuver
09-05-2008, 09:55 PM
It'd be totally redundant

Vinny642
09-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Paul averaged better numbers throughout the whole season thats why he is the best. So NO!

_Sn1P3r_
09-06-2008, 02:25 PM
No. D-Will is still great and everything but CP3 is clearly the leader and foca point of this team.

PhxGiant
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Deron Williams is a GREAT player. But Chris Paul is SPECIAL. Players like CP3 don't come around very often, if he's healthy for his whole entire career then Chris Paul WILL be in the HOF.

29$JerZ
09-09-2008, 06:54 PM
I say CP3 is the overall better player because Deron has his size to work with. Chris is 6'0 but an excellent defensive player. YOu can say if CP3 had Deron's body he would truly be special.

Zefflin
09-11-2008, 08:55 PM
When Dwill's team faces CP3's team, Dwill always out performs Paul. I love them both, but I like D-wheels better.

Mckphins
09-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Was this made just to start an argument? cause i think its obvious cp3 is better

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-16-2008, 03:01 AM
Was this made just to start an argument? cause i think its obvious cp3 is better

No I made it to see if Hornet's fans would trade CP for Dwill... It is obvious, which is why I also asked the Jazz forum. Since, I asked them, I figure it was only fair to ask you guys.

Mckphins
09-16-2008, 03:04 AM
Whatd the jazz guys say?

BoltLakerPadre
09-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I say CP3 is the overall better player because Deron has his size to work with. Chris is 6'0 but an excellent defensive player. YOu can say if CP3 had Deron's body he would truly be special.

But that's what makes them different players. CP3 in Williams body wouldn't be as quick, and would be a different player.

But I think they need a few more years each before we should judge them too much. That being said, I think they are both great, and would want either one on my team, but each for different skill sets.

Ansy
09-23-2008, 04:29 PM

Honestly, I'm a little tired of people talking about Deron's size because I don't see it have much impact on the way he plays. Deron is big, but I don't see any tangible value come out of that size. He doesn't post that often and he's not much better a defender than CP3. Most of the toughness he exhibits I attribute to his personality rather than his body. The kid is GREAT (likely a future HOFer), but his size means diddly at this point because he doesn't really use it.

I would take CP3 but I think the gap is closer than most of the league recognizes. They both rate to be in the HOF, but CP3 has a chance to be one of the top point guards of all time if he can maintain this level of production.

That is, of course, a big if. Isiah was probably more impressive than CP3 when he was 23 but his numbers slipped heavily after that season. You can't assume that just because someone is young that he's going to improve because often it isn't the case.

Mr.Grizzly
10-06-2008, 05:11 PM
No Brainer!

THE MTL
10-18-2008, 07:49 PM
See you New Orleans fan have nothing to worry about. Jazz fans must constantly remind themselves that Deron is better. Chris Paul absolutely destroys Deron in every category. Put Deron on New Orleans and see how far they get. Who isnt an all-star? umm...Deron. And he still has to compete with Baron and Nash. But Chris Paul is BEYOND all of them.

Chris Paul is in a category with Lebron James and Kobe Bryant.

DLeeicious
10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't think Deron's mom would trade Chris Paul for her son.

BALLER71
11-04-2008, 01:07 PM
D-Will > CP3.
D-Will's defense is much better. And he also has the size advantage.

BALLER71
11-04-2008, 01:09 PM

He has a higher number of steals Per game because he is a gambler on defense. I remember D-Will guarded Wade once! Do you truly think Paul can do that?

Zefflin
11-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Both are a perfect fit for their respective teams and it would just be weird if they swapped places.

Chapin78
11-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Both are excellent players but remember what CP3 does with a team. CP3 was in the running to be MVP DWills wasn't.

Flash812
11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
D-Will > CP3.
D-Will's defense is much better. And he also has the size advantage.

For CP's height he plays tremendous defense. He led the league in steals last year and is getting really good rebounds in the last couple games he has played. D-Will might be a tiny better outside shooter but Paul has him on everything else.

jimbobjarree
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
For CP's height he plays tremendous defense. He led the league in steals last year and is getting really good rebounds in the last couple games he has played. D-Will might be a tiny better outside shooter but Paul has him on everything else.

CP3 had a fantastic season, and is a special player, and porbably out averaged D Will in everything.

But you have to consider that D Will has been on fire in the year of 2008 since the arrival of Kyle Korver, correct me if I'm wrong but he's averaging something like 24 and 12 this year, so he's up there with cp3.

I think only time will tell, but I think D Will has improved alot throughout last season, I'm not saying that CP3 didn't, but D Will is closer to Paul than some think.

but yeah no doubt that the Hornets wouldn't trade Paul, he's almost single handedly turned this team into title contenders and will win a few MVPs in his career.