PDA

View Full Version : Dealing With Unknowns Cardinals not sure what to expect with Martz pick O'Sullivan

Crombiestudd6
09-05-2008, 12:21 AM
ok i got this from the cardinals web site lol just seeing what the oppisition's pov was ne way !

Cardinals nose tackle Bryan Robinson chuckled at the thought of defending new 49ers quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan.

“It’s weird,” Robinson said, “but me personally? It scares me. You don’t know what the guy is capable of.”

That’s the mystery of O’Sullivan, the man who emerged from nowhere to start for San Francisco. The man who is playing for his eighth team in only his sixth season. The man who, by many accounts, will be the one who decides the course of head coach Mike Nolan’s future.

The Cardinals never counted on seeing O’Sullivan in the season opener. It would probably be Alex Smith, the top pick of the 2005 draft. It might have been another journeyman, Shaun Hill, who played well late last season and earned a surprising contract extension.

But O’Sullivan was brought in after the 49ers hired Mike Martz to be their offensive coordinator. O’Sullivan was on the Lions’ roster last season, knew Martz’s offense, and despite what was called an open competition, seemed to be Martz’s choice to run the offense from early in training camp.

O’Sullivan downplayed the connection – “It was nice to have some familiarity with the verbiage and the concepts, but you know, it was just about make the most out of each (practice) rep,” he said – but another quarterback familiar with Martz’s complicated schemes said it had to have given O’Sullivan a big benefit.

“If you are in a system longer than someone else, you’re going to have an advantage,” said Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner, who was similarly picked up off the scrap heap in St. Louis when Martz was offensive coordinator. “Especially in that system, where there is so much information that you absorb so quickly. Maybe (O’Sullivan) really feels he didn’t, but … day one, you can call a play and no one else can.”

It had to have made some difference. San Francisco coach Mike Nolan said O’Sullivan didn’t get many reps in practice while with the Lions and O’Sullivan wasn’t part of the mix in the offseason or the first week of training camp.

Then, suddenly, he was.

At one point during camp, when asked about a “fair” quarterback competition, Martz told the questioner, “Let’s get one thing straight. There’s nothing fair about this league.” Such a comment couldn’t have set well with either Smith or Hill.

But if Martz was directing the offensive side of the ball with Nolan’s blessing, that didn’t really matter.

“(Martz) knows the kind of quarterbacks that play well in that system, and that’s part of it,” Warner said. “If he feels he is a legitimate guy and especially the best guy they’ve got, Mike must have confidence in him.”

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt, like his players, doesn’t know much about O’Sullivan. But he said if he is the man the 49ers have entrusted to run Martz’s offense, there is cause for concern.

The Cardinals’ defense, however, has been anxious to run some of their tricks and stunts too, however. The reality is O’Sullivan has played in just five NFL games – never starting – and has thrown just 26 regular-season passes.

It’s always possible Martz has stumbled upon yet another no-name, NFL Europe veteran who can make it in the NFL. Warner was the first, and he turned out pretty well.

The Cards figure to learn where O’Sullivan stands soon enough.

“We know their offensive coordinator,” linebacker Karlos Dansby said. “We don’t need to know about J.T. O’Sullivan. We know their offensive coordinator, we know exactly how he’s going to try and attack us.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:clap:

bornFrisco49er
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
we just need those plays to counter that front 7..their secondary isnt that strong..still cant wait so all this speculation/prediction stuff is over..3 days boys!

Crombiestudd6
09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
chadillachembre;6510893]i view the niners as the same yet lesser than the cardinals in the fact they have so many tools on the field but cant seem to put it together to meet there true potential. the cardinals need to have a great 1st half of the season beca[QUOTEuse the back end has us playing teams like seattle(x2), giants, philly, stl, minnesotta, new england. lets hope injuries dont mess up the nfc west again like it did last season. im looking forward to a competative division this year. good luck to all (but a little more for az)[/QUOTE]
lol i got this from the cards forum too wtf lol hahaa

bornFrisco49er
09-05-2008, 12:28 AM
yeah i posted a bit in there's for our game... i thinks hes one of a few that actually is active with the forum in AZ

Crombiestudd6
09-05-2008, 12:37 AM
i wonder y they dnt have a good forum and there website sux tooo i hope we kill them

downsos
09-05-2008, 01:40 AM
^Because they don't have as many fans.

KiNgSuNs1
09-05-2008, 02:23 AM
i wonder y they dnt have a good forum and there website sux tooo i hope we kill them

hahhahah are website dont suck lol hahahah the only respect i have for the niners is that they have beaten us when we should have won but trust me this year its going to be different were healthy on d .....and the runnning game has changed .........so get ready ur going to be sad on sunday :) go cardssssssssssssssss i have a feeling were going to pick ur qb offf and hit the house a couple times........welll seee cant wait goood luckkkkk :)

bornFrisco49er
09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
hahhahah are website dont suck lol hahahah the only respect i have for the niners is that they have beaten us when we should have won but trust me this year its going to be different were healthy on d .....and the runnning game has changed .........so get ready ur going to be sad on sunday :) go cardssssssssssssssss i have a feeling were going to pick ur qb offf and hit the house a couple times........welll seee cant wait goood luckkkkk :)

just as walt harris did on THE FIRST PLAY OFF THE GAME...the running game changed? ok...in preseason..but its still speculation/opinion..i'll wait till sunday to judge that..if they did then congratulations..but u can take those stats and ill take the W

KiNgSuNs1
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
hahahha it not going to happen again unlesss leinart starts hahahah but ya you keep saying its preseason and i respect that but hightower was playing against starters so you gotta respect that 2 .......but remember edge runs pretty good against you guys even last yr i think one game he had 98 yards and a td and da 2nd he had 114 and a td but ya not bad numbers .......but well see what happens i cant wait till sunday......you guys better watch out for rolle he going to creep and pick you offf .........wilson is going to crack ur qb and make him fumble......i dont seee gore going offf like he did the 2nd game we played but well see its going to be fun to watch ..........

chadillachembre
09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
what honestly makes you think your going to win on sunday? what do you have to look forward too? any of you guys might as well be the O'sullivan kat taking the ball at the snap. your all probably just as qualified as he is to run an nfl offense. TRENT DILFER!!!! TRENT DILFER!!! TRENT DILFER!!!!

NorCalzimm
09-05-2008, 04:37 PM
what honestly makes you think your going to win on sunday? what do you have to look forward too? any of you guys might as well be the O'sullivan kat taking the ball at the snap. your all probably just as qualified as he is to run an nfl offense. TRENT DILFER!!!! TRENT DILFER!!! TRENT DILFER!!!!

You didn't forget about this guy named Kurt Warner did you? I'm pretty sure he was baggin groceries before Martz gave him a chance. I' say he faired pretty well considering he beat out Leinart for the starting job. Not saying JTO is the second coming of Warner, but your rant was completely stupid and not very well thought out. Didn't I just hear the class bell go off? better run back into pre-algebra before you get a tardy!

chadillachembre
09-05-2008, 05:14 PM
You didn't forget about this guy named Kurt Warner did you? I'm pretty sure he was baggin groceries before Martz gave him a chance. I' say he faired pretty well considering he beat out Leinart for the starting job. Not saying JTO is the second coming of Warner, but your rant was completely stupid and not very well thought out. Didn't I just hear the class bell go off? better run back into pre-algebra before you get a tardy!

haha.. i think my "rant" was "stupid" because it pissed you off. i still dont know what makes you guys think youll win on sunday. i really dont. JTO will probably be the worst qb in the nfl this year. 8 teams in 6yrs right? even with all that movement ive NEVER even heard of the name once until today. homest truth. there is no way they are contending for anything other than one of the first 10 picks of the draft. every niner poster has been extremely niave using false hope in there season predictions. i just want a couple reasons as to why the niners wont finish last in the division. thats all i want. my bell rang. gotta go to class.

NorCalzimm
09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
haha.. i think my "rant" was "stupid" because it pissed you off. i still dont know what makes you guys think youll win on sunday. i really dont. JTO will probably be the worst qb in the nfl this year. 8 teams in 6yrs right? even with all that movement ive NEVER even heard of the name once until today. homest truth. there is no way they are contending for anything other than one of the first 10 picks of the draft. every niner poster has been extremely niave using false hope in there season predictions. i just want a couple reasons as to why the niners wont finish last in the division. thats all i want. my bell rang. gotta go to class.

It didn't piss me of- Your just in here running your mouth about crap you no nothing about. I'm not in your forum talking smack, because from what i've read about your team from our coordinators has been all positive and vice versa. Its dipshits like you that come in are try and stir the pot with ludacris statements and predictions. Give me one reason why we wouldn't beat the Cards-

chadillachembre
09-05-2008, 05:41 PM
It didn't piss me of- Your just in here running your mouth about crap you no nothing about. I'm not in your forum talking smack, because from what i've read about your team from our coordinators has been all positive and vice versa. Its dipshits like you that come in are try and stir the pot with ludacris statements and predictions. Give me one reason why we wouldn't beat the Cards-

1st of all im not calling you out. your the one responding to my posts. i dont make you do that. its a choice you make. if you go to the cardinals forum youll see im cool with the niners fans and talk respectivly with my opinions to and about you guys. i came in here to see what every one is sayin about the game on sunday and i see people copying and pasting comments by me from the cardinals forum and laughing. you want to call people dipshits? start with your own niner fans who started this. to answer your question i dont think you will beat the cardinals because i dont see your offense lead by JTO being capable of scoring more than 14pts a game consistantly. your defense is easily good enough to win. The offense just seems like a huge cluster mess. one you can establish a franchise qb and wr you guys will be legit. youve just gotten screwed with some busts in the draft and free agency. now in turn can you answer my question? why do you honestly think the niners will win on sunday?

NorCalzimm
09-05-2008, 06:14 PM
1st of all im not calling you out. your the one responding to my posts. i dont make you do that. its a choice you make. if you go to the cardinals forum youll see im cool with the niners fans and talk respectivly with my opinions to and about you guys. i came in here to see what every one is sayin about the game on sunday and i see people copying and pasting comments by me from the cardinals forum and laughing. you want to call people dipshits? start with your own niner fans who started this. to answer your question i dont think you will beat the cardinals because i dont see your offense lead by JTO being capable of scoring more than 14pts a game consistantly. your defense is easily good enough to win. The offense just seems like a huge cluster mess. one you can establish a franchise qb and wr you guys will be legit. youve just gotten screwed with some busts in the draft and free agency. now in turn can you answer my question? why do you honestly think the niners will win on sunday?

*Nobody said anything about getting called out
*Its all fine to be cool with Niner fans in your forum
*Your in our forum talking smack about ridiculous predictions and blah
*I know it was preseason- But did you watch any of the games or highlights? It's pretty obvious Martz has this offense turned around. Look at what the other previous Martz QB's had to say about JTO? The offense actaully looks better then it has since Garcia and Owens!
*The cards couldn't beat us last year when we had the worst offense in NFL history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Who is Arizona's franchise QB?
*Bust? Leinart was supposed to be "The Franchise" and he still can't beat out Warner!

*I think its your bed time!

chadillachembre
09-05-2008, 06:39 PM
*I know it was preseason- But did you watch any of the games or highlights? It's pretty obvious Martz has this offense turned around. Look at what the other previous Martz QB's had to say about JTO? The offense actaully looks better then it has since Garcia and Owens!
*The cards couldn't beat us last year when we had the worst offense in NFL history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Bust? Leinart was supposed to be "The Franchise" and he still can't beat out Warner!

lol... im done trash talking. it was fun. i like getting fired up every once in a while. were gonna start running in circles here pretty soon. good luck sunday. go cards

Tapptout
09-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Im not sure what to expect from JTO either....and im a niner fan. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

MaZin420
09-05-2008, 07:54 PM

We have a better run game a better D and an improved offense plus we beat u twice last year with a much worse team. I dont see any reason we shouldn't win. not to mention that your team has been the laughing stock of football for 20+ years :D

chadillachembre
09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
We have a better run game a better D and an improved offense plus we beat u twice last year with a much worse team. I dont see any reason we shouldn't win. not to mention that your team has been the laughing stock of football for 20+ years :D

how ever you want to look at it neither of us have been relevant in the nfl recently so that trash talk can stop. im hoping for a good game sunday with a cardinals win.

974life
09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
how ever you want to look at it neither of us have been relevant in the nfl recently so that trash talk can stop. im hoping for a good game sunday with a cardinals win.

I really dont have anything against the cards but I really think that we will win.

bigmac8675
09-05-2008, 10:42 PM
49ers win 27-24. Cards will put up a good fight... but we will prevail in the end. :D

Crombiestudd6
09-05-2008, 10:54 PM
man this is funny they dont even know ! every one is unserestimating us wow its funny

showtym24
09-06-2008, 01:36 AM
man this is funny they dont even know ! every one is unserestimating us wow its funny

I know it's really funny they have no idea, come monday morning i guarantee they wont be in here in here talkin shyt.:cool:

showtym24
09-06-2008, 01:38 AM

OWNED:clap::clap::smoking:

KiNgSuNs1
09-06-2008, 01:50 AM
hahhahahhahhahahah sure ill be in here laughing when we have a w and you guys only score a fg but ight welll let our teams do the talking on da field then we can say stufff after the game ......jsut remember to write down the reasons you lost ...........hmmmmmmmmmm was it cuz your line couldnt keep our d from gettin to ur qb or is it he made bad decisions or ur d was on the field to long and is worn out ........hmmmmmmm get ready though its going to be nice to see our rookie cromartie get his first int and bring it back to the house .......hightower is going to have a running td with some solid yards .........mark my words remember the name hightower...............but ya goood luck gooo cardsssssssss

bornFrisco49er
09-06-2008, 03:06 AM
hahhahahhahhahahah sure ill be in here laughing when we have a w and you guys only score a fg but ight welll let our teams do the talking on da field then we can say stufff after the game ......jsut remember to write down the reasons you lost ...........hmmmmmmmmmm was it cuz your line couldnt keep our d from gettin to ur qb or is it he made bad decisions or ur d was on the field to long and is worn out ........hmmmmmmm get ready though its going to be nice to see our rookie cromartie get his first int and bring it back to the house .......hightower is going to have a running td with some solid yards .........mark my words remember the name hightower...............but ya goood luck gooo cardsssssssss

i will keep u up to this..i havent guaranteed anything for a reason..this is the nfl and Week 1..this game will be good

KiNgSuNs1
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
ya ur right ......but i see hightower doing his thing unless alll of a sudden our coach dont give him touches .....but ya i seee him gettin plenty of carries :) but ya dam it seems like sunday is taking 4ever to get here lol cant wait yezzzzzzzir......its kinda sad that ppl think the rams have a better shot at the division title then we do (cards/niners) ahhahahahah but ya let them doubt .......

Newport05
09-06-2008, 07:38 PM
49ers 30 cards 17 ez win