PDA

View Full Version : Part ownership (Jay-Z related)

POZUNO
09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Anyone ever wonder how it would be like if the Clippers decided to share the franchise and have a star or an artist such as Hova himself take part in owning the team? In what ways would the Clippers benefit? And who would you prefer in being part owner of the team?

Being that we are in Cali the land of the lime life. I'm surprise no one has tried to partake or explore in dealing business with the Clips or even with the other team in L.A.
We have a boat load of stars here who love the game and the teams. Though I doubt Donald himself would like the idea. I don't see why it couldn't be possible.

kylem4711
09-05-2008, 12:16 AM
i dont think donald would have any part in that. he wants all the money. plus its easier not to do anything.

don'tfireNedCo
09-05-2008, 12:51 AM
donald sharing $?

not gonna happen.

but then again, I said the same about him spending $ at all on salary, so who knows?

DES
09-05-2008, 02:39 AM
not too much good mcs...in the west that has the money....most dope ones...still struggling....jay-z is mediocre....i see why hes so famous...same as all these lames....listening to wack..***** like lil w*ayn*

Cracka2HI!
09-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Dre should buy a portion of the team to help promote his album Detox!

DES
09-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Dre should buy a portion of the team to help promote his album Detox!

it sucks that even dre doesnt write his own lyrics....i hate that part in mcs....or supposely artist.

don'tfireNedCo
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
it sucks that even dre doesnt write his own lyrics....i hate that part in mcs....or supposely artist.

try louie armstrong. or john coltrane's love supreme. that is some real art, musically crafted.

I truly hope the so-called pop sensations and 'entertainers' stop making a mockery out of the true beauty that is black music. huey P newton would be rolling in his grave if he found out that his sacrifice(with his own life, no less of sacrifice than that of MLK or malcolmX but never gets the same media coverage) brought nothing but shallow materialism and longing for instant gratification rather than true equality through education and hardwork.

POZUNO
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM
try louie armstrong. or john coltrane's love supreme. that is some real art, musically crafted.

My man! Feelin you on the jazz tip. Some Rusty Bryant, Bernard Purdie, and Grant Green, mixed with a little bit of low end theory from Tribe and we're good to go.

dick butane
09-06-2008, 12:59 AM
If Donald Sterling were to be held out a window by his ankles Vanilla Ice style... I think that is the only way he would sell part of his team. As a real estate mogul he has repeatedly towed the line that you never make money selling.... His empire was built by acquiring property and letting inflation and rental income increase his value until he could acquire more. The Clippers are a property to him. He has little basketball passion.

Cracka2HI!
09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
^ I actually think winning in 06 changed Sterling's opinion and passion for the game. He finally payed a couple players and a coach and it worked. He was more than willing to do it again this offseason. Give him credit where it is due. He IS the worst owner in sports history...give him credit for that...however he isn't that bad right now, gotta give him that too.