PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Should Consider Rebuilding?

dannyking18
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Seems To Me That Alot Of Teams In The West That Were In The Top 8 Seed's Should Consider To Rebuild This Year Imo,look At The Phx Suns I Say They Should Rebuild Aswell As The Mavs And Especially Denver Should Really Consider To Rebuild This Yr Espically With Melo Around,and Maybe Iverson Wont Stay Around For Too Long...so What Team Should Consider To Rebuild Now....?

dre1990
09-04-2008, 08:18 PM
dallas should and the suns shouuld

Spurred1
09-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't we have this discussion just weeks ago?

Cavs_Fan24
09-04-2008, 08:22 PM
i think San Antonio should start shaking up their roster a bit cuz in 2-3 years they couldn't possibly contend anymore with the players they have so i think you have to get a PF/C or SF for the future.

Master Mind
09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Pistons, Celtics, Knicks...

BullsNumber1Fan
09-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Mavs, Spurs, Suns, Pistons, Celtics, Knicks...

I believe they have been trying to rebuild for the past few years and it hasn't worked yet.:p

Hawkeye15
09-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Phx, Mavs, Pistons, Nuggets. The Celitcs are rebuilt at this point. Why are they on anyone's answer? The Knicks have been trying. Aint working. The Spurs are contenders today. They may want to hold off trading Duncan for 6 20 year olds and a draft pick until 2011 or so.

dannyking18
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
denver nuggets are thee favorites right now to go into rebuilding mode.if i was thee denver nuggets i trade allen iversonand eknyon martin,and get huge talent in return maybe 3 players who average 15 pp +...1 centr,1 point guard and a power foward...i think it can happen...why didn't denver went after josh smith when he was a gettable??

NYK All the Way
09-04-2008, 09:51 PM
the nets need to go into ultimate rebuild mode and get rid of VC

Hawkeye15
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
denver nuggets are thee favorites right now to go into rebuilding mode.if i was thee denver nuggets i trade allen iversonand eknyon martin,and get huge talent in return maybe 3 players who average 15 pp +...1 centr,1 point guard and a power foward...i think it can happen...why didn't denver went after josh smith when he was a gettable??

sounds great. Martin makes $46 million over the next 3 years, and gets 8/6 for you. Since McHale apparently had brain surgery, I don't think you will find a taker. But AI is going to moveable to a 5-9 seed team mid season thinking it has a chance to make a move.

IversonIsKrazy
09-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Suns - Shaq is done, he can't play more than 25mpg. NO good sg/sf, their best is Grant Hill, and im pretty sure he is done as well. I'm not sure how much Steve Nash has got in him. I would say u gotta wait 'till 2010. U gota nash & shaq contracts finishing. U can make a serious run at d-wade, lebron, bosh, and other big names. they would have $33m off tha books w/ tha exits of nash & shaq. replace w/ possibly lebron. imagine lebron & amare toghether. or w/ wade & tj ford; amare, wade & tj would b pretty dangerous.

Nuggets - The AI+Melo thing isn't going to work. Give it one more year, wait until AI's contract finishes off, then u got $21m off tha books. i say dont sign anyone big, wait until 2010. try trading off Kenyon Martin + Nene, but have to keep these 3 players, Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith, Linas Kleiza. They'll probally have a horrible 2009-10 season, but it will give them a solid pick, possibly #1. Get the best C/PF, and try signing wade, if failed to sing a big-name star, get a small solid player like TJ Ford. U got tha rook/melo/tj or wade young trio with JR & Kleiza off tha bench. A lot of these depend on 2010.

Mavs - I wouldn't nessecaraly say re-build, but need some changes. J-Kidd's contract finishes at end of season, so thas $20m off tha books. dont re-sign. keep Dirk, and J-ho. I uno abt every1 else.

Spurs - I say they gotta wait until duncan retires and b loyal to him & duncan. u gotta wait until atleast duncan retires, then u re-build. u jus gotta hope u draft another duncan.

Hawkeye15
09-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Suns - Shaq is done, he can't play more than 25mpg. NO good sg/sf, their best is Grant Hill, and im pretty sure he is done as well. I'm not sure how much Steve Nash has got in him. I would say u gotta wait 'till 2010. U gota nash & shaq contracts finishing. U can make a serious run at d-wade, lebron, bosh, and other big names. they would have $33m off tha books w/ tha exits of nash & shaq. replace w/ possibly lebron. imagine lebron & amare toghether. or w/ wade & tj ford; amare, wade & tj would b pretty dangerous.

Nuggets - The AI+Melo thing isn't going to work. Give it one more year, wait until AI's contract finishes off, then u got $21m off tha books. i say dont sign anyone big, wait until 2010. try trading off Kenyon Martin + Nene, but have to keep these 3 players, Carmelo Anthony, JR Smith, Linas Kleiza. They'll probally have a horrible 2009-10 season, but it will give them a solid pick, possibly #1. Get the best C/PF, and try signing wade, if failed to sing a big-name star, get a small solid player like TJ Ford. U got tha rook/melo/tj or wade young trio with JR & Kleiza off tha bench. A lot of these depend on 2010.

Mavs - I wouldn't nessecaraly say re-build, but need some changes. J-Kidd's contract finishes at end of season, so thas $20m off tha books. dont re-sign. keep Dirk, and J-ho. I uno abt every1 else.

Spurs - I say they gotta wait until duncan retires and b loyal to him & duncan. u gotta wait until atleast duncan retires, then u re-build. u jus gotta hope u draft another duncan.

Tony Parker is only 25-6. Duncan has never relied on athletic ability, he will age well. Manu is a question mark, but they have to give it at least this year to find out. I hate the Spurs, I can't believe I am defending them, but they have smart management. They will be good.

superkegger
09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Rebuilding might not be the correct word. Retooling maybe.

The Mavs have a solid base in Dirk and Howard, and they have plenty of other pieces that they can move and so on to make that team better.

The Suns also are in a similar spot with Amare, Diaw and Barbosa. With Shaq and Nash on the decline, they need to retool in the next couple years, but not blow it up and rebuild.

The Spurs have Parker, and Duncan is still elite as is Manu, they (the FO) just need to keep doing what they do and they'll be fine.

Same for the Warriors, they have Ellis and Biedrins, and they can add around them, and Jax, Harrington and Maggette allow for that as they'll be moveable in the future.

The Nuggets need to rebuild though. Don't know how, but Martin, Nene, and AI all aren't going to fit there. They need to blow it up and build around Melo.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Nuggets. Things havnt worked out as planned the last i'd say 4 years they have underachieved in all of the years. I mean, when you have a starting lineup of Camby/Nene/Martin/Anthony/Iverson that is just deadly. How can you not get past the 1st round with that talent..Come on..

29$JerZ
09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Dallas - Need to recover from that Jason Kidd deal
New York - Rebuilding from the worst GM and Coach ever Isiah Thomas
New Jersey - Great young talent but needs a star to build around
Pheonix - Not no but next year definetely because they hae no legit starting pg for future.
Spurs - Need to get younger and find a replacement for Duncan develop now. Duncan can't stay healthy for long.
Utah - Deron is great but Boozer might leave.

29$JerZ
09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Denver can' rebuild because they have too many bad contracts. When Kenyon and Nene expire they can rebuild. But Carmelo might not be around by that time

Ansy
09-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Phx, Mavs, Pistons, Nuggets.

Word.

superkegger
09-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Pheonix - Not no but next year definetely because they hae no legit starting pg for future.
Spurs - Need to get younger and find a replacement for Duncan develop now. Duncan can't stay healthy for long.

New Jersye and New York aren't considering rebuilding, they are.

bidi_nash
09-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Detroit it has been a couple of great runs but it's time

ShaunRiching9
09-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Phoenix is getting old with Nash 35 and shaq 36 but Amare can lead that team now

KG#1
09-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Detroit it has been a couple of great runs but it's time

detroit is further than most teams rebuilding with the zoo crew

LAKERS 24/7
09-06-2008, 02:53 AM
Your team should, cuz you aint beatin the Lakers :D

JordansBulls
09-06-2008, 08:43 AM
When the Mavs, Pistons and Suns stop winning 50 games then it is time to rebuild.

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Dallas 4 sure...Denver..Phoenix..Pistons...Spurs soon...

even though these teams got talent..they're so old that b4 they kno it they're gonna suck...so they should trade some older players...more solid veterans 4 picks, young guys and such...so they can have a balance of now and future

JordansBulls
09-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Dallas 4 sure...Denver..Phoenix..Pistons...Spurs soon...

even though these teams got talent..they're so old that b4 they kno it they're gonna suck...so they should trade some older players...more solid veterans 4 picks, young guys and such...so they can have a balance of now and future

Why does Dallas need to rebuild?

jgonboricua
09-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Dallas....needs to see wat they ca get for howard and dirk...high draft picks and young prosspects should do it...

Spurs...needs to get younger, a sf and another big man is much needed

Detroit - won one championship in a fluke yearneeds to ravamp, possibly get rid of billups/wallace, claim stuckey as gaurd of the future

Denver - got rid of camby for nothing, needs to see if they can get anything for iverson now...

New Jersey - needs to get rid of carter at akk costs...should of take clevlands offer of wallys expiring

Knicks - have been rebuilding for ever! as of now does not have a single player worth mentioning....hopes danillo gallinari can be that guy one day

jgonboricua
09-06-2008, 02:24 PM
pheonix still has one more shot this year, and if not this year then they should rebuild...but they brought in some young peices this year that should help them in the future mainly in dragic and lopez

jgonboricua
09-06-2008, 02:25 PM

dallas need to rebuild because a trio of kidd howard and dirk is barely enough to make it in the playoffs in the tough west much less get out of the first round....and kidd is not exactly getting any younger...

ShakeN'Bake
09-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Im going to have to say the nuggets and the suns need to rebuild. The Mavs just need to retool.

Spurred1
09-06-2008, 02:35 PM
dallas need to rebuild because a trio of kidd howard and dirk is barely enough to make it in the playoffs in the tough west much less get out of the first round....and kidd is not exactly getting any younger...
Howard did nothing for the second half of the season after Kidd came for whatever reason. I hope he changes that this season. Just wanted to point that out.
Why are people picking the Spurs to rebuild? Duncan is pretty healthy as is Parker. Duncan's playing style doesn't lead to frequent injuries so he'll continue to be a very good player.Parker is a young man-still in his 20s. Manu-well, his style can lead to injuries, but he's one of the most competitive players out there.
The f.o. knows how to tend to the roster and keep the Spurs competitive; they do not need to rebuild right now. I'm sure the Spurs are preparing for the future when Timmy leaves.

GSRaider
09-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I think my Warriors should trade Harrington + Jackson... would you consider that rebuilding? I would...

reason: Either way Harrington is gone at the end of the year... he only has 1 more year on his contract and the Warriors will not pick it up... Jackson is a good player, leader, defender and he can hit the big shot... But Jackson is getting up there in age and his stock is higher then its ever been, I say trade him now and get some good, young value in return... Jackson's contract is up in 2 years either way...

GCOOKIE7
09-06-2008, 03:49 PM
those caps u use at the start of every word is annoying

jgonboricua
09-06-2008, 04:27 PM
I think my Warriors should trade Harrington + Jackson... would you consider that rebuilding? I would...

reason: Either way Harrington is gone at the end of the year... he only has 1 more year on his contract and the Warriors will not pick it up... Jackson is a good player, leader, defender and he can hit the big shot... But Jackson is getting up there in age and his stock is higher then its ever been, I say trade him now and get some good, young value in return... Jackson's contract is up in 2 years either way...

i was thinking the same thing for you guys....
would be awsome for you if your future lineup was

Monta
Magette
Randolf
Wright
Biedrins

Or even
Williams
Monta
Raldonf
Wright
Biedrins 6th man magette.....that is if your players reach their full potential

Lakeshow86
09-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Dallas, Spurs and Suns need to because of their stupid trades for shaq and Kidd and spurs are just plain old! Besides Tony parker everyone is over 30. Suns have a old Shaq and pretty old Nash. Dallas has a pretty old Kidd that doesnt look to have much left

KiNgSuNs1
09-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Pheonix - Not no but next year definetely because they hae no legit starting pg for future.Spurs - Need to get younger and find a replacement for Duncan develop now. Duncan can't stay healthy for long.

how can you say we have no legit starting pg ......we drafted dragic which there hopeing is our starting pg and we have singletary .yes i know we havent played the season to see what they bring to the table so i can not say they will be it but it just shows you can not say that we dont because you havent seen them play and just remember nash has 2yrs left with 2 pgs under his belt for 2yrs they will learn alot so ya ...........

JPHX
09-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Dallas, Spurs and Suns need to because of their stupid trades for shaq and Kidd and spurs are just plain old! Besides Tony parker everyone is over 30. Suns have a old Shaq and pretty old Nash. Dallas has a pretty old Kidd that doesnt look to have much left

thats soo one sided. if you have old players it doesnt necessarily mean you rebuild. everyone of those guys you named are on title contending teams. they maybe old but have young role players that can come in and shoulder some minutes. and i think the only people that know if they have anything left would be the players themselves. if they didnt have anything left and knew they werent gonna do well this season, you think thats how they want to exit the league? on a bad note?

Beno7500
09-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Mavs, Suns defineatly

jkiddvc20
09-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Nobody should say New Jersey because they are in complete rebuild mode. Got rid of everyone only 3 players from the start of last year. Vince Carter you need to at least sell seats and be somewhat competitive. Also Josh Boone and Sean Williams who are both very young.

Tblaze
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Phoenix can still make a run for it this year, but next year I think it might be smarter to seriously consider rebuilding around Amare.

JordansBulls
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Phoenix can still make a run for it this year, but next year I think it might be smarter to seriously consider rebuilding around Amare.

Yeah, but once Phoenix starts to rebuild I don't see Amare staying around.

HoopsMachine
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
When the Mavs, Pistons and Suns stop winning 50 games then it is time to rebuild.

Yes but the point of deciding to rebuild is based on if the current team has the ability to compete for a title. With the exception of the Pistons, Pheonix and Dallas aren't imho contenders anymore. Their championship windows have come and gone.

HoopsMachine
09-07-2008, 08:58 PM

Do you honestly think they can win a championship with the squad they have now? I would take Lakers, Hornets, Rockets, Spurs, and Jazz as teams who can compete for one.

bogdanrom
09-07-2008, 10:31 PM
If the Wizards lose again in the first round of the playoffs I think that we should at least try to rebuild.

AllTheWay
09-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Why do you type in all caps? It makes me want to kill you

JordansBulls
09-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Do you honestly think they can win a championship with the squad they have now? I would take Lakers, Hornets, Rockets, Spurs, and Jazz as teams who can compete for one.

Just because you may not win a title with the team you have doesn't mean you need to rebuild. The Mavs are still a legit contender and are just missing one piece to be in that elite group again. No need for them to rebuild just yet.
In 3 years maybe, but not now.

#1Mavericksfan
09-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Yes but the point of deciding to rebuild is based on if the current team has the ability to compete for a title. With the exception of the Pistons, Pheonix and Dallas aren't imho contenders anymore. Their championship windows have come and gone.

are you serious?

HoopsMachine
09-08-2008, 11:33 PM
are you serious?

very...The Suns are aging fast with Nash, Oneal, and Hill which raises a lot of questions with durability throughout the course of the regular season. The Mavericks are mentally soft and never recovered from melting down in the Finals two years ago. Don't get me wrong, both are still very good teams and can still net 50+ wins but I don't see either going farther than the conference semis. Ill give each team 1 more year before they start over.

agnine
09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Denver and Dallas. Phoenix has a slim chance to compete and needs to ride out 1 more year with current roster. Dallas' chances left when they lost to GS 2 years ago. Denver has a young franchise player in Anthony they can afford to build around (like what Miami is doing with Wade, and Jersey will do with LeBron j/k). San Antonio and Detroit would be next, but they are still elite. Motown could afford to try a rebuilding, they have enough assets to get good trades for the team.

JordansBulls
09-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Denver and Dallas. Phoenix has a slim chance to compete and needs to ride out 1 more year with current roster. Dallas' chances left when they lost to GS 2 years ago. Denver has a young franchise player in Anthony they can afford to build around (like what Miami is doing with Wade, and Jersey will do with LeBron j/k). San Antonio and Detroit would be next, but they are still elite. Motown could afford to try a rebuilding, they have enough assets to get good trades for the team.

Detroit won't need to rebuild until they don't make the conference finals anymore.

How is a team that makes the conference finals yearly a team that needs to rebuild?

$ NyC $
09-09-2008, 02:17 PM

this is what old teams that see their chances as gone do...they trade their old veteran talent 4 draft picks and up + coming talent that's how it works...at least with a smart GM

HoopsMachine
09-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Detroit won't need to rebuild until they don't make the conference finals anymore.

How is a team that makes the conference finals yearly a team that needs to rebuild?

I agree with you on Detroit, but I see them in a situation where they can make moves for their future and not take a gigantic step back like most teams who go into rebuilding do. They also have a handful of young players that show promise and can develop in the future with Stuckey, Afflalo, and Maxiell.

Yogi
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Didn't we have this discussion just weeks ago?

Welcome to the NBA Forum my friend. :)

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-23-2008, 11:27 PM
knicks
dallas
suns