PDA

View Full Version : Quentin out for season, surgery next week

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
Just heard on the radio Q broke his hand bad enough for it to be in a cast. Don't know how reliable the report is. Apparently he hurt it slamming his bat down in the dugout after a K. Again, don't know how true it is, but that would really blow. If I find any articles regarding it I'll post.

Edit: Just saw it again on a whitesox.com official blog

WhiteSoxLifer
09-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Oh God please no!!

badkins1121
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
I don't think that's true....

Quentin was examined Wednesday, and received a good report, so it looks like he is going to make a speedy recovery. Quentin (forearm) could return to the lineup Friday, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. (RotoWire1:47PM)

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 08:05 PM
God I hope I'm wrong, really really I do. I guess I should have put a question mark after the title, cause it hasn't been confirmed. I apologize to anyone who might complain.

WhiteSoxLifer
09-04-2008, 08:06 PM
You can apologize if i have a heart attack

WhiteSoxLifer
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
If this is true i guarantee i have a broken hand from slamming **** around too

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
That was Joe Cowley's account, below is White Sox beat writer Mark Gonzales report:

"The Sox's task becomes even tougher with the strong possibility that slugger Carlos Quentin probably won't be available until at least next week's Toronto series—and maybe MUCH longer."

badkins1121
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
And there is this...

According to manager Ozzie Guillen, Carlos Quentin (forearm) and Ken Griffey Jr. (back) are both expected to rejoin the lineup Friday. Outfielders Carlos Quentin (right forearm) and Ken Griffey Jr. (back) remained on the shelf Wednesday, but Guillen received good enough reports on both that he felt they could be back for the series opener against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Ozzie:

"[Quentin] tried swinging the bat, he was not swinging the bat well and I don't want to put him in a bad situation where he gets four at-bats and it gets worse,'' Guillen said. ''That's the way he feels. He's day-to-day. When he says he's sore, that means he's very sore. [Today] we'll make the decision.''

WhiteSoxLifer
09-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Ozzie:

"[Quentin] tried swinging the bat, he was not swinging the bat well and I don't want to put him in a bad situation where he gets four at-bats and it gets worse,'' Guillen said. ''That's the way he feels. He's day-to-day. When he says he's sore, that means he's very sore. [Today] we'll make the decision.''

This still sounds like forearm talk, not broken hand talk

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
The report was he was in a cast, I just jumped to the conclusion that it was his hand but I guess it could be forearm

JDIsMyGod23
09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Cool, first heart attack, if this is true kill me now.

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I wish the Sox would just confirm or deny the report, the longer it goes on without an update the worse I feel.

zzConflict
09-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I wish the Sox would just confirm or deny the report, the longer it goes on without an update the worse I feel.
What report? It just looks like speculation on Gonzales' part to me.

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
They mentioned it on 670 the score, the part about him possibly being in a cast

zzConflict
09-04-2008, 09:27 PM
After undergoing further testing early Thursday afternoon, early results on the MVP right forearm and wrist of Carlos Quentin were "good so far'', according to one White Sox source.
That doesn't mean that the club was ready to breath a deep sigh of relief just yet, however. They were still waiting to hear further opinion, which was expected by Friday afternoon.
Quentin, who leads the American League with 36 home runs and has been the Sox' most consistent offensive player all season long, was a late scratch before Monday's game in Cleveland, with the injury flaring up during batting practice.
The left fielder was plunked on the forearm area a few weeks back, and hasn't been able to shake the pain associated with it since.
If the Sox get the thumbs up Friday morning, Quentin could be back in the lineup for the start of the Angels series.
/Cowley.

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Ya what Cowley says is no suprise, hes been saying the same stuff all week. Gonzales has been more negative, so find a positive article from him

WindyCityFlyer
09-04-2008, 09:55 PM
This would be HUGE! (In a terribly bad way) :cry:

JDIsMyGod23
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Here's an idea Quentin. If you are going to crowd home plate, step into pitches. USE SOME PROTECTIONS ON YOUR ARM!

hizpcstr
09-04-2008, 10:01 PM
There goes his MVP chances.

TheHotCorner7
09-04-2008, 10:04 PM
He wore that elbow guard for a couple times, but I can't remember if he has been wearing it lately (Cleveland). If anyone remembers step up.

WindyCityFlyer
09-04-2008, 10:08 PM
There goes his MVP chances.

Not if he comes back soon...

If he is gone for a significant amount of time, say hello to Dustin Pedroia; as much as I hate to say it...

croce_99
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
I updated the title so guests viewing don't panic.
Once a "definite" answer is announced, as in how long he'll be out, I'll change it

Muttman73
09-04-2008, 11:04 PM
All I can say is uh-oh...

At least Twinkies lost again

whitesoxfan83
09-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Not if he comes back soon...

If he is gone for a significant amount of time, say hello to Dustin Pedroia; as much as I hate to say it...

not to change the subject but i dont think he deserves it over pedroia if the red sox make it and the white sox dont, if your just looking at the stats though quentin does deserve it over pedroia, but if you do look at the stats alex rodriguez actually has better numbers than quentin does, but the yanks will miss. also even though he will get no consideration bc of his horrible team if grady sizemore gets 40HRs (at 31) 40SB (at 35) and 402B (at 32) with over 100BBs (at 89), he will be the first player in history to do that and i think hes just as worthy, but i doubt he gets all of those.

EDIT:

also i wouldnt be suprised to see the afraid of conflict writters vote krod or hamilton

Tragedy
09-05-2008, 12:20 AM
I love CQ. I always said I would LOVE to see him as the MVP, but I'm really going hardcore behind Pedroia now..

Bound To Lose
09-05-2008, 01:58 AM
Pedroia may be the most valuable player on the Red Sox, but Carlos Quentin is the MVP, IMO. Of course, whether or not the White Sox make the playoffs will have serious swaying potential.

GrinderBall41
09-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Pedroia may be the most valuable player on the Red Sox, but Carlos Quentin is the MVP, IMO. Of course, whether or not the White Sox make the playoffs will have serious swaying potential.

Pedroia is the third most valuable player on the Bosox.

Youkilis and JD Drew.

GrinderBall41
09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
That being said, most of the country are Red Sox homers and people love to cheer for shorty white guys.

Plus the Red Sox have their own nationally televised station that almost everyone watches every day.

So it will be Pedroia no matter what.

TheHotCorner7
09-05-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't see any way that Pedroia wins it, especially if the White Sox make the postseason

GrinderBall41
09-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I don't see any way that Pedroia wins it, especially if the White Sox make the postseason

WHen you see "Pedroia for MVP" on the side bar on Sportscenter for the next month, youll feel differently.

TheHotCorner7
09-05-2008, 11:30 AM
They can talk about it all they want, doesn't mean it'll happen

kwstriker299
09-05-2008, 12:08 PM
well Quentin cant be hurt too bad if we are talking about Pedroia being MVP

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 12:15 PM
honestly i dont get this.

pedroia is having the best season of any bosox, better than drew, better than youklis, not to mention 2nd base is the weakest position next to catcher in all of baseball. plus his team is going to make the playoffs, if the white sox dont i think he deserves it.

but if you just want to look at the stats, alex rodriguez is having a better season, and grady sizemore has the chance to do something no player has ever done.

under the right circumstances all three are better picks than quentin, it doesnt mean i dont want him to win, i think he deserves it. but im not going to be shocked if he doesnt, espicially since we arent even considering hamiltons rise from the ashes story and how the writers would want to reward him for the season hes had, or krod potentially getting more than 60saves.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Your crazy WSF 83 Pedroia MVP :laugh:

His OPS is .883 thats not good for an MVP type guy.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Your crazy WSF 83 Pedroia MVP :laugh:

His OPS is .883 thats not good for an MVP type guy.

at his own postion in the AL...

hes first in OBP, his 2nd in SLG and first in average. its not always about his OPS compared to OF, 2nd base is one of the weakest positions in baseball and hes dominating it.

furthermore his AVG is 46 points higher than quentins, but i guess that doesnt matter at all.

and if u want to talk strictly numbers, arod has a higher average by 28 points, a higher OBP by 10 points and is SLG 31 points higher.

you cant have it both ways, if your going to argue quentin deserves it cause of his stats, then he doesnt arod does. and if your going to argue importance to their teams what im saying is that pedroia will have proven more important to his team if the red sox make it and we dont, plus he plays at one of the weakest postions in baseball and is dominating.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 12:50 PM
at his own postion in the AL...

hes first in OBP, his 2nd in SLG and first in average. its not always about his OPS compared to OF, 2nd base is one of the weakest positions in baseball and hes dominating it.

furthermore his AVG is 46 points higher than quentins, but i guess that doesnt matter at all.

and if u want to talk strictly numbers, arod has a higher average by 28 points, a higher OBP by 10 points and is SLG 31 points higher.

you cant have it both ways, if your going to argue quentin deserves it cause of his stats, then he doesnt arod does. and if your going to argue importance to their teams what im saying is that pedroia will have proven more important to his team if the red sox make it and we dont, plus he plays at one of the weakest postions in baseball and is dominating.

Than Pedroia can be the 2B MVP not the season MVP.

MVP means Most Valueable Player to your team if Quentin was not on the Sox we would be battling for 4th place. If A-rod was not on the Yankees they would still probably be in the same spot maybe a little worse but definitely better than the Sox. Dye had an MVP 2006 but didnt win it cuz he was on a 3rd place team thats why A-rod will not win it cuz his team sucks.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Than Pedroia can be the 2B MVP not the season MVP.

MVP means Most Valueable Player to your team if Quentin was not on the Sox we would be battling for 4th place. If A-rod was not on the Yankees they would still probably be in the same spot maybe a little worse but definitely better than the Sox. Dye had an MVP 2006 but didnt win it cuz he was on a 3rd place team thats why A-rod will not win it cuz his team sucks.

o ok. so now your going to change from the stats argument to the importance to the team argument.

well again.....

IF THE RED SOX MAKE IT AND WE DONT.... without pedroia the red sox wouldnt make the playoffs, and without quentin the white sox wouldnt make the playoffs. so the tiebreak imo goes to the player who makes the playoffs, as ive said about 5 times thruout this thread.

if we both make the playoffs, then yes quentin deserves it. but as i said above if the red sox make it and we dont pedroia deserves it, just as if the red sox miss and we dont quentin deserves it

none of this matters cause i have a striking suspicion krod or hamilton will get it.

you have to remember they consider average too not just OPS, and quentins average sucks compared to the rest of the field

my biggest argument towards quentin would be that 13 or 14 of his homeruns have come in the 7th and beyond. now thats ****ing clutch

dsoxfan18
09-05-2008, 01:05 PM
Pedroia is probably the bast at his position in the league but not a MVP of the league.

dsoxfan18
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
333 17 76 .378 .505 are great stats but not an MVP. He has been hot for 1 month when there are others that have been consistant all year long. I think Krod will win this by default. Everyone else will split the votes.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
333 17 76 .378 .505 are great stats but not an MVP. He has been hot for 1 month when there are others that have been consistant all year long. I think Krod will win this by default. Everyone else will split the votes.

hes hitting .401 since june 14th, just saw that on ESPNews and thought i had to throw it out there. but i agree with you it will prob end up being krod. or someone nobody wants or expects

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 01:24 PM
There is no ****ing way K-Rod wins MVP. No ****ing way.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Ok back on topic I keep hearing on the score that Jesse Rogers is reporting that Quentin has a fracture and could be gone til October. Now im starting to get pissed cuz im hearing conflicting reports can someone anyone please find out whats going on!!!

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Ask God, he knows what is best for his one begotten son.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok back on topic I keep hearing on the score that Jesse Rogers is reporting that Quentin has a fracture and could be gone til October. Now im starting to get pissed cuz im hearing conflicting reports can someone anyone please find out whats going on!!!

:speechless:

i cant find anything, all i know for now is that hes out til atleast monday

maybe theyll just keep saying hes day to day until his break heals

we knew what we were getting into when we traded for him, even if hes out september the bright side is he will be ready for october if we make it (which even without quentin i think we can do)

harborboy
09-05-2008, 01:33 PM
the score just reported on an update that CQ mayhave a fracture and could be done.

that sucks, i love carlos quentin. i hope he is ok

update is up on the score website. it is the 12:30 update.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 01:38 PM
by done what do u mean, done for this month or done til next year. there is a difference, i think we can still win the division without him. as for a playoff series, i doubt it

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
This is like a horrible game of telephone being played. The original message is Quentin is day-to-day and it ends up being Quentin's career is over after being infected with HIV.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
LOL!!! JD, I think he is fine Ozzie doesnt LIE if he says he is day to day than I believe him!!

harborboy
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
by done what do u mean, done for this month or done til next year. there is a difference, i think we can still win the division without him. as for a playoff series, i doubt it

they said the regular season. that was just speculation though. i am just relaying what i heard. it is on the website www.670thescore.com

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
If he is out for the year. Two Words...

BARRY BONDS!!! :up:

harborboy
09-05-2008, 01:46 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1147105,quentin090508.article

Carlos Quentin's season appears to be in jeopardy after the White Sox received MRI results on his injured right forearm and wrist Friday morning, according to sources close to the situation.

It's unclear how he suffered the injury, but he was a late scratch Monday and hasn't played since.

Quentin has 36 home runs and is a leading candidate for the AL MVP award.

If Quentin is lost for a significant amount of time, the Sox have options, including moving Ken Griffey Jr. from center to left field. And Nick Swisher would move to center.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 01:47 PM
If he is out for the year. Two Words...

BARRY BONDS!!! :up:

that would and should never happen.

we already have griffey to play in CF and swisher in LF all its gonnna take is worthless griffey to show he aint so worthless and we should still win the central.

but i think quentins ok so im not worried about it

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM
It will never happen, but should. For any team in baseball. How do you not sign a guy who had a 171 OPS+ last season. Seriously?

I don't care if his balls are tiny, and head is huge.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 01:51 PM
It will never happen, but should. For any team in baseball. How do you not sign a guy who had a 171 OPS+ last season. Seriously?

Im siging this JD this is F'n hilarious!!! :laugh:

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM

because that was almost over a year ago that he put those numbers up, id rather call eldred up whos actually been you know. playing in baseball, and you keep looking at the numbers on paper but dont consider what his presence would do to this team, **** his numbers the team would be worse off with him.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Bonds is still the best hitter in the game. He could out OPS+ Jerry Owens with just his walks. Again, won't happen ever, ever, ever. But, it should. Also, he couldn't be on the playoff roster which would suck.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Bonds is still the best hitter in the game. He could out OPS+ Jerry Owens with just his walks. Again, won't happen ever, ever, ever. But, it should. Also, he couldn't be on the playoff roster which would suck.

again all speculation, hes been out of baseball for almost a year now he could go up there and be as good as ozzie or kenny would be.

gocubs2118
09-05-2008, 02:02 PM
That sucks. I wasn't hoping for an all Chicago world series because we would have the great Chicago fire part 2. I do hope they make the playoffs though. That would be a huge blow.

monica73174
09-05-2008, 02:02 PM
This thread is going to make me cry, NOT my CHUCK! Anyone but my CHUCK. Well and Alexi too, I would be really upset if we lost him, especially since I just got my shirt.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I'll believe it when I see Superman himself in a cast.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Im going to listen to ESPN 1000 to see if I hear a different report.

KH12
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
SportsCenter just reported that CQ could miss the rest of the year.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 02:09 PM
It's Breaking News on ESPNews too.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Wellp, good season. Go Rays.

CubsRule08
09-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Big blow for you guys...just like gocubs2118 said last page, i hope you guys make it because i want to see an all-Chicago World Series

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I want the White Sox to report it before I believe it.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM

Well its true. That sucks, it will cost him his potential MVP.

WindyCityFlyer
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM

Yeah me too, ESPN news also said "Soriano to the White Sox" at the deadline a couple of years back...

WindyCityFlyer
09-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Nothing on ESPN.com or Rotoworld.com yet. Also if this is true, at least we had a good run of not having huge injuries to good people. (Yes, I know about Jose Contreras.)

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 02:33 PM
I will cut off my right arm and give it to Quentin he needs it more than I do :D

Hammer
09-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Unfortunately it looks like his season is OVA

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Pretty much locks it up for the Twins now.

harborboy
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM

yea, it sucks. i absolutely LOVE lego hair. he is in my top 3 of favorite non-cubs(ichiro, vlad). bad business all around.

chitown712
09-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey it looks bad, but we gotta keep fighting........Konerko and JR. need to get it goin and we might hang around........if we stay in it till the end, I can see them bringin CQ back

Bodoosh34912
09-05-2008, 02:51 PM
An MRI on Friday apparently revealed discouraging results regarding Carlos Quentin's injured forearm, putting the rest of his season in jeopardy.
That's from the Sun-Times. According to Baseball Prospectus, WSCR radio in Chicago is reporting that Quentin has a broken wrist and is done for the season. If that's the case, the White Sox will play both Nick Swisher and Ken Griffey Jr. regularly in the outfield the rest of the way. Paul Konerko would also benefit. The White Sox as a whole, though, would suffer greatly

From Rotoworld

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I have a funny feeling he got this injury in a non-baseball way. You don't just wake up and say. Oh wow, my wrist is broken.

harborboy
09-05-2008, 02:55 PM
score just reported surgery on monday. breaking news from jesse rodgers.

he said they will insert a pin and re-evaluate in 2-3 weeks.

will post link when i find one

GrinderBall41
09-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Mother ****er.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Na-na-na-na

Na-na-na-na

HEY HEY HEY

GOODBYE (to the season)

Hammer
They said slamming his bat.

CubsRule08
Na-na-na-na

Na-na-na-na

HEY HEY HEY

GOODBYE (to the season)

Why you giving up? You seriously think you wont win your division now with him gone?

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Get on the ledge folks.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 02:59 PM
Yep ESPN just reported it breaking News Bruce said surgery Monday and he will be revaluated in 3 weeks.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Why you giving up? You seriously think you wont win your division now with him gone?

Umm... Ya, pretty much with the way the schedules shake out, and we don't have our best player.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I think he broke it when he slammed his bat down after a strike out. He will probably never do that again.

CubsRule08
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Umm... Ya, pretty much with the way the schedules shake out, and we don't have our best player.

3 vs. LAA
4 vs. TOR
3 vs. DET
4 @ NYY
3 @ KC
3 @ MIN
3 vs. CLE

That really isnt that hard...it's not as bad as our schedule is

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:05 PM
3 vs. LAA
4 vs. TOR
3 vs. DET
4 @ NYY
3 @ KC
3 @ MIN
3 vs. CLE

That really isnt that hard...it's not as bad as our schedule is

Your schedule has nothing to do with our road block. It's harder then the Twins. Which is all that matters. Twins have one tough series from here on out.

harborboy
09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
IMO you guys still have a real shot. many things will have to go right; however, i think it not out of the question.

griff needs to not suck or paulie needs to keep improving or JD needs to get on a hot streak. if 1 or all of those things happen i think you can do it.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Want the definition of an omen?

My roommate just opened the freezer and our White Sox freeze cup just shattered on the ground.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Get on the ledge folks.

Have to find another one because my fellow Cub fans are occupying the nearest one.

CubsRule08
09-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Your schedule has nothing to do with our road block. It's harder then the Twins. Which is all that matters. Twins have one tough series from here on out.

Ouch...now i see...but come on you have to have faith in your team

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Ouch...now i see...but come on you have to have faith in your team

We are talking about a Chicago baseball team correct? Faith in overcoming obstacles to get to the main destination? Has that ever happened? Ever?

NIUTKE
09-05-2008, 03:14 PM

My roommate just opened the freezer and our White Sox freeze cup just shattered on the ground.

You want another one? My dog whose name is Sox, just took a dump on my carpet. Season Over!

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Griffey needs to thinks its 1998 and start playing!!!!

GrinderBall41
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
You want another one? My dog whose name is Sox, just took a dump on my carpet. Season Over!

Dear lord we're screwed.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Bernstein just called Quentin an idiot. I hate Bernstein.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM

:laugh:

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Bernstein just called Quentin an idiot. I hate Bernstein.

Thats why I dont listen to B&B listen to MJH they are the shiznit!!!

CubsRule08

Wow...now that's crazy

NIUTKE
I will say this, the deal for Junior Griffey now makes Kenny Williams look like Nostradamus.

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
At least Konerko isn't playing like Dan Pasqua anymore.

sager729
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Everyone is going to have to pick it up.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
At least Konerko isn't playing like Dan Pasqua anymore.

LOL!!!!

I got Dan Pasqua's autograph last year at a Sox game I had scout seats and he was in the Dining area where you go thru to get to the seats dude was huge had muscles on top of muscles I was like damn looks like you could play right now.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
im sick of the lack of faith on this forum.

if griffey just started to hit the sox would be fine, were still 1.5games in first, and were about to go on a 9 game homestand.

quentin or not we are still winning the division, anyone who wants to put a sig on it hit me up. this **** is a set back no doubt but if griffey just starts to hit this team will be fine.

also dont discount the fact that scott linebrink is back and if our bullpen can straighten itself out we wont even need our offense as much as we have.

1-800-STFU
09-05-2008, 03:25 PM
The noose is made....

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not saying he won't swing at pitches over his head, but Juan Uribe can carry this team if he gets hot folks.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm not saying he won't swing at pitches over his head, but Juan Uribe can carry this team if he gets hot folks.

:laugh:

You sound like Farmio only he says folks and praises Uribe!!!

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I say mass PSD suicide session.

whitesoxfan83

i would agree with you except juan has already been hot for about a month, conventional logic would say he should cool down.

if griffey wants that ring so bad he should shut up and carry this team, again with linebrink back i think our offense may have some room to sputter.

we knew what we were getting into when we got quentin, hes always hurt, lets just hope he doesnt make a habit of this in seasons to come.

FURTHERMORE WEAR SOME ARM PROTECTION!

JDIsMyGod23
im sick of the lack of faith on this forum.

if griffey just started to hit the sox would be fine, were still 1.5games in first, and were about to go on a 9 game homestand.

quentin or not we are still winning the division, anyone who wants to put a sig on it hit me up. this **** is a set back no doubt but if griffey just starts to hit this team will be fine.

also dont discount the fact that scott linebrink is back and if our bullpen can straighten itself out we wont even need our offense as much as we have.

I'm so saddened you didn't mention Owens our new plan of success.

sager729
09-05-2008, 03:30 PM
So what do you think our lineup will look like?

1.Cabrera SS
2.Pierzynski C
3.Dye RF
4.Thome DH
5.Konerko 1B
6.Griffey CF
7.Ramirez 2B
8.Swisher LF
9.Uribe 3B

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm so saddened you didn't mention Owens our new plan of success.

well now u understand why ozzie played him, atleast he knows what he has in owens. :p but honestly i see owens in the OF rotation from here on out.

southsiders
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM
I just found it on ESPN.com.

He is out 2-3 weeks as he will have a screw put in to his wrist. It is a broken wrist as it turns out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3571240

1-800-STFU
09-05-2008, 03:31 PM

Done.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:32 PM
i would agree with you except juan has already been hot for about a month, conventional logic would say he should cool down.

if griffey wants that ring so bad he should shut up and carry this team, again with linebrink back i think our offense may have some room to sputter.

we knew what we were getting into when we got quentin, hes always hurt, lets just hope he doesnt make a habit of this in seasons to come.

He broke his wrist punching a locker. Maybe he should grow up instead.

Mr Wonderful
BARRY, BARRY, BARRY....LOL.

The Sox will be fine.

DaSox_05

He injured it slamming his bat down its his right wrist and Sox called up Wise.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I just found it on ESPN.com.

He is out 2-3 weeks as he will have a screw put in to his wrist. It is a broken wrist as it turns out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3571240

They said they will reevaluation after 2-3 weeks not that he is out for that long.

whitesoxfan83
He broke his wrist punching a locker. Maybe he should grow up instead.

where did u hear that?

either way he leads the league in HBP he should be wearing protection anyway

WindyCityFlyer

I am in. :cry: :cry: :cry:

JDIsMyGod23
Levine is on ESPNews for those who have it.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:35 PM
where did u hear that?

either way he leads the league in HBP he should be wearing protection anyway

Jow Cowley.

whitesoxfan83
bruce levin just said griffey will be back in the lineup tonight after missing the last couple games with a lower back injury

JDIsMyGod23
If Ozzie plays Griffey in CF and Swisher in LF. I will officially kill him. Not like HAHA, oh just silly kill him. I WILL LITERALLY ASSASSINATE HIM AND BE IN JAIL.

sager729
09-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I think Griffey hits 10 HR the rest of the year and leads us into the playoffs.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:36 PM
If Ozzie plays Griffey in CF and Swisher in LF. I will officially kill him. Not like HAHA, oh just silly kill him. I WILL LITERALLY ASSASSINATE HIM AND BE IN JAIL.

well thats what levin said hes doing, whats wrong with that?

sager729
09-05-2008, 03:37 PM

You are going to see it, maybe tonight. PK just needs to keep hitting and get on one of his hot streaks and carry us.

b1e9a8r5s
Obviously this sucks. I still think we have a 50/50 shot at at least making the playoffs. It's going to depend more on pitching anyways. Konerko seems to be close to being Konerko again, so it's not an awful thing that he will get to play everyday again. Paulie needs to man the **** up, and all will be forgiven for his awful year.

Hammer

How about the fact that Griffey is a terrible outfielder now? He is sad out there.

JDIsMyGod23

That's like DHing Konerko and playing Thome at 1B.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:38 PM
He injured it slamming his bat down its his right wrist and Sox called up Wise.

first i heard it was a HBP, then i heard it was cause he punched a locker, now your telling me its cause he slammed his bat.

none of us have any ****ing clue, and apparently neither does the media.

and thats ******** wise just got called up why didnt we call up eldred, hes hit 35 home runs so far in AAA

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:39 PM

Well hurry up and come to Chicago cuz Levine said Griffey in CF and Swish in LF.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:39 PM
That's like DHing Konerko and playing Thome at 1B.

i dont think his defense is as bad as everyone here thinks it is, and the only other option is playing griffey in LF (you cant play him in RF, you cant DH him) hes played a grand total of 3 times at LF his career, id rather have him in CF.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Quentin did it during Mondays game after a strike out when he slammed his bat down this has been reported on both radio stations 670 and 1000.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:41 PM
i dont think his defense is as bad as everyone here thinks it is, and the only other option is playing griffey in LF (you cant play him in RF, you cant DH him) hes played a grand total of 3 times at LF his career, id rather have him in CF.

I guarantee you he could play left better than he can play center. He has been ugly in CF

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 03:42 PM
I guarantee you he could play left better than he can play center. He has been ugly in CF

Ya, what he said. As I continue masturbating to your sig.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Hammer is that Megan Fox in your SIG?

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:43 PM

hes played LF 3 times in his entire career. ozzies doing the only thing he can

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Hammer is that Megan Fox in your SIG?

Yeah. I have that pic as the incoming call pic when my buddy calls. Thankfully he calls me the most.

Hammer
09-05-2008, 03:46 PM
hes played LF 3 times in his entire career. ozzies doing the only thing he can

Fair enough, but IMO, all Griffey really has left is to be a DH. Although I dont think he can put up good enough numbers to do that.

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Fred Huebner on the score said he just watched the Sox game that was played on Monday and in the 9th inning when there were runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out Quentin fouled a ball back and he took the bat in his left hand and hit his right wrist then he grounded into a double play to end the game on the next pitch. So Fred said he is sure thats when it happened.

1-800-STFU
09-05-2008, 03:50 PM
The noose is loose :(

kwstriker299
09-05-2008, 03:52 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
This team is really missing Timo Perez right now...

NYMetros
09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
There goes his MVP chances. IMO he was going to win it if he finished off the year playing decently. It looks like it is Dustin Pedroia's or K-Rod's award to win or lose now. I don't think the White Sox are done either. They just need everybody on the team to step up their play, and the players know this already.

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Fred Huebner on the score said he just watched the Sox game that was played on Monday and in the 9th inning when there were runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out Quentin fouled a ball back and he took the bat in his left hand and hit his right wrist then he grounded into a double play to end the game on the next pitch. So Fred said he is sure thats when it happened.

so he hit himself with the bat and broke his wrist?

ugottabjoshinme
09-05-2008, 04:00 PM
so he hit himself with the bat and broke his wrist?

thats unfortunate

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 04:02 PM
iim asking, how does that happen, like was he angry so he hit himself in the right wrist with his bat or did his swing just hit his wrist or what?

WhiteSoxLifer
09-05-2008, 04:07 PM
This sucks a lot

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I think he was adjusting his batting gloves and went to tap/knock the bat with the bottom of his fist on the knob end of the bat and the bat caught some wrist. It's something a lot of players do. It's not aggresive or angry or anthing like that. I haven't seen the video yet but I don't think it was done in a violent manner.

1-800-STFU
09-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Join me!

Noose up your ava!

zzConflict
09-05-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm depressed.

DieHardColtsfan
09-05-2008, 04:29 PM
ouch!

whitesoxfan83
09-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Join me!

Noose up your ava!

stop this nonsense the season is not even close to over. linebrinks back, our offense can afford to adjust for a little bit. im still not worried.

Sox Appeal
09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
stop this nonsense the season is not even close to over. linebrinks back, our offense can afford to adjust for a little bit. im still not worried.

The voice of reason. Our lineup is still stacked without him. Guys like JD, Paulie, Thome, Swisher, CUBAN, etc. Will just need to step it up, and I have plenty of faith that they will. Owens in CF will also be an upgrade over Swisher, especially later in the season when we have to play the Twins in the dome, and well need speed so we can close the gaps.

The White Sox will win the AL Central. If you'd like to, quote me.

Rosh
09-05-2008, 04:43 PM

As much as I feel bad for you guys, I really want to say that to Hawk's face right now.

Whatever, hopefully you guys can still make it to the WS and have Quentin come back by then.

Swish-Cab-Ob
09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
The season is nowhere near over, the thing we need is for our pitching to be good and were in. Its going to be a lot tougher, but lets not give up yet. Why not put Fields back in LF just until the year ends? It says Quentin could be back for the playoffs?

Swish-Cab-Ob
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Now is the time for Konerko and Swisher to step up.

WhiteSoxLifer
09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Obviously no one wanted this, but this may be our chance to get more speed into the regular lineup (BA, Wise, Owens). It may allow Ozzie to play ball the way he likes and might now cripple us as much as we think.

Who knows? Lets stay positive!

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
If they put Fields in left I'll throw up.

Swish-Cab-Ob
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
If they put Fields in left I'll throw up.

He obviously sucks defensivley, but if we need a bat...

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 05:57 PM
He's looked lost up there this year though. At least Wise & BA have gotten it done on occasion this year. Not that any of this matters. I'll be throwing up anyways because Ozzie is going to put Griffey in CF.

FarmioFan1
09-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Doesn't anyone else think that with our best RBI guy out of the lineup defense becomes even more important?

soxtu22
09-05-2008, 06:49 PM
It's A Sad Day In White Sox History :(

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 06:51 PM
This is like Good Friday. The day that Christ dies. Hopefully, on Sunday Quentin rises again!

DaSox_05
09-05-2008, 06:59 PM

Ok fellas to quote myself this is how Quentin hurt himself he had his press conference and they replayed it on the score. Quentin said he did have his bat in his left hand and hit his right wrist against the bat he said he has been doing this since he was 9yrs old and its just second nature. After the game was over he said forty minutes later his wrist was hurting he thought it was just sore then when he woke up tuesday morning it really hurt and he knew thats when he hurt it when he hit it against his bat in the 9th inning of mondays game. This was in his press conference earlier today.

WindyCitySox
09-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Ok fellas to quote myself this is how Quentin hurt himself he had his press conference and they replayed it on the score. Quentin said he did have his bat in his left hand and hit his right wrist against the bat he said he has been doing this since he was 9yrs old and its just second nature. After the game was over he said forty minutes later his wrist was hurting he thought it was just sore then when he woke up tuesday morning it really hurt and he knew thats when he hurt it when he hit it against his bat in the 9th inning of mondays game. This was in his press conference earlier today.

this sucks so bad.......:cry:

liondragonx5y
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Im sorry for you guys.

will you accept my cookie this time?

JDIsMyGod23
09-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Take that cookie and stick it up your YEAH, stick it up your YEAH!, stick it up your YEAH!

Badluck33
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
ok so whats the verdict?

how long is he out for??

done in 08????

smashmouth
09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
ok so whats the verdict?

how long is he out for??

done in 08????

possible return in October if the sox make it

liondragonx5y
09-05-2008, 08:54 PM
possible return in October if the sox make it

I dont think so.. broken wrist can take up to 3 months too heal.. depending how bad it was..

TheHotCorner7
09-05-2008, 09:08 PM
This is for everyone who doubted me when I started the thread yesterday . . . screw you.

Back on topic, let's hope for the best. We can win this thing without him. In 05 they did it without The Big Hurt (Ya bad comparison). But seriously, lets just hope to god he returns for the playoffs.

SoxFanSince63
09-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Will we miss CQ? Hell yes! But, we have the horses to get it done, they just have to step up! Tonight Uribe, Paulie, Junior and Jermaine did just that! Not to mention a great game by MB! We be fine!

GrinderBall41
09-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Take that cookie and stick it up your YEAH, stick it up your YEAH!, stick it up your YEAH!

Oh no quoting Limp Bizkit = Ultimate FAIL.

Rosh
09-06-2008, 05:27 AM
This is like Good Friday. The day that Christ dies. Hopefully, on Sunday Quentin rises again!

All right then.

Tragedy
09-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Well, such a blow to the White Sox. However, they do have the pitching to sustain a major injury like this. Not only that, but I feel like without CQ, someone like JD or Paulie are going to step up in a HUGE way the final month. They're not dead and out of this thing just yet.

liondragonx5y
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Well, such a blow to the White Sox. However, they do have the pitching to sustain a major injury like this. Not only that, but I feel like without CQ, someone like JD or Paulie are going to step up in a HUGE way the final month. They're not dead and out of this thing just yet.

your name says it all.

such a tragedy this happened to the white sox.

go twinkies!

ps. lets just hope mauer doesnt get a hernia again..

coconut
09-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Well,
I remember when Liriano went out for the Twins ......they went on a huge run after that.

This makes the Griffey addition much easier to take. If he takes off......we can be fine. Wise & Owens can give you that running game too. All is not lost. We will be fine.

Knuckleball Rob
09-06-2008, 02:25 PM
It all comes down to pitching in the end anyway, so if we succeed it will be because of that.

Illini Tim
09-06-2008, 02:29 PM
EVERYONE needs to step it up.

upt_
09-06-2008, 03:06 PM
It all comes down to pitching in the end anyway, so if we succeed it will be because of that.

Correct. Btw. That girl's hot.. who is she?

chitown712
09-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh no quoting Limp Bizkit = Ultimate FAIL.

Dont be hatin on Limp Bizkit............their stuff was good when Borland was still the guitarist

S.J.Basketball
09-07-2008, 03:17 AM
Wow. I hardly watch baseball mainly cuz my teams are never in it now a days and it's a struggle to watc your team suck all the time, but when I heard about this and HOW he injured himself this takes the cake. That is CRAZY and damn I'd be pissed. Hopefully for Sox fans this doesn't cost them in the playoffs.

You gotta wonder how good he'll be when he comes back. Crappy.

1-800-STFU
09-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Dont be hatin on Limp Bizkit............their stuff was good when Borland was still the guitarist

Not only will I hate but I will hate with a fiery passion.

WindyCityFlyer
09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
I figured this is the closest thing to an Injury thread so...

Jose Contreras' rehab from a torn Achilles tendon could take up to a year.
"I'm going to follow the doctor's strict orders as far as my rehab to get back as soon as possible," Contreras said. "That's my goal." 2009 will be the final year of his deal and he might miss the majority of it.
Source: Arlington Heights Daily Herald

SoxFanSince63
09-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Because he is SUPERMAN!

WindyCityFlyer
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Because he is SUPERMAN!

:nod: