PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers elevation so far

Sbank
09-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Cavaliers elevation so far
The cavaliers have added Mo Williams by trade and resigned Gibson. Ferry also drafted JJ Hickson for the nba draft. We also traded to get Darnell Jackson (52) and Sasha Kaun (56) in this draft. Hickson many believe being drafted was to add depth and to get young at power forward postion and to replace Joe Smith. In the draft Cavaliers got Grade: A- by espn. Only thing we haven't done this off season is re-sign restricted free agent West. We really don't need West anymore but would be a good solid backup point guard coming off the bench. He could also play the sg also if we needed to. Our offense is going to be better. We have add Mo who can score at the point guard but he real true point guard we needed. Our lineup is probable going to be
Mo
Wally
LeBron
Wallace
Z

Our line up is build on defense but it solid on the offense. Only problem I see is how coach Brown will come up with on offense side of the ball. Coach Brown has got us playing real solid defense which wins games and NBA titles but we rely on James scoring on offense in the past. This should change since Mo can score all over the court and giving LeBron a good 2nd option on the floor. Z should be the three this year and Wally should be the 4th. I think Wally should be the 4th since we acquired him he played streaky with us. He has his lowest career shooting percentage with us. Z should get easier baskets since LeBron and Mo can hit the three and mid range jump shoots.

I would give Cavaliers a B+ this off season so far since they kept most the team together and add most of the missing pieces we lack at the end of the season. I think we have to watch Wally to see how he does since he in a contract year.

Zefflin
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I think they'll go small a lot with...

Mo
West
Lebron
Big Ben
Big Z

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I think they'll go small a lot with...

Mo
West
Lebron
Big Ben
Big Z

I kind of hope they take this approach, going with West at the 2 isn't really going small.

Yes, he is a PG but he is a 6'4 point guard so its not a big deal.

IndiansFan337
09-04-2008, 10:44 AM
I kind of hope they take this approach, going with West at the 2 isn't really going small.

Yes, he is a PG but he is a 6'4 point guard so its not a big deal.

Especially when you consider LeBron is bigger than every SF in the NBA, Z is one of the bigger C's, & Big Ben/Andy are able to play PF/C. So if they're at PF alongside Z we are going to pretty big at those three spots.

EdTheRevelator
09-04-2008, 04:15 PM
I'd rather not start West, and instead have him take Pavlovic's spot as the second SG. Of course, that all depends on Wally, so yeah, it might not happen.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I'd rather not start West, and instead have him take Pavlovic's spot as the second SG. Of course, that all depends on Wally, so yeah, it might not happen.

Well, its in the hands of Mike Brown to put the right guys out there now. I personally think this is his best team he has had under the Cavalier regime.

So lets see if he gets creative, I would like to see some experimenting early on in the season. I will be very disappointed in him if he is experimenting late in the season. We need to find what works and stick with it, but at the same time we have to give each lineup experiment a chance.

IndiansFan337
09-05-2008, 07:27 AM
It's highly unlikely that West will start after this holdout. He'll be lucky to take Pavlovic's role as backup SG & get some PT at backup PG as well. If he holds out as long as Varejao I wouldn't be surprised if he never finds a consistent role with this team.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-05-2008, 01:03 PM
It's highly unlikely that West will start after this holdout. He'll be lucky to take Pavlovic's role as backup SG & get some PT at backup PG as well. If he holds out as long as Varejao I wouldn't be surprised if he never finds a consistent role with this team.

That is true, not smart on his part.