PDA

View Full Version : You Are Shaq: Would you take the vets min to win a few more championships??

lakers4sho
09-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Let's say you're Shaq, and you're a FA right now. Of course, as we all know, no sane team is gonna spend a lot of money on an overweight, old, fat guy like Shaq.

A contender offers you the MLE to play for their team. Would you take the veterans minimum for a chance to win a few more championships??

still1ballin
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
He doesn't deserve any more, but for his benefit, yes.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Well considering how much Diop got this offseason....I still think the market value for what Shaq is even now is pretty dang high and it would be insulting to take the vets minimum....

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Winning more titles doesn't increase his all time ranking if he isn't dominate while winning.

SwaggaIke
09-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Shaq still deserves a little over 10 per. 15 and 9 are still very solid numbers and better than 95% of the true centers out there. But in regards to your question. If Shaq truly wants the greatness like he said he does, yes he'd do it. I'm just not sure if he is as hungry as he once was.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Winning more titles doesn't increase his all time ranking if he isn't dominate while winning.

Afraid that he ties someone? :D

Its Tim Duncan who should worry you.

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Afraid that he ties someone? :D

Its Tim Duncan who should worry you.

Not really. Because it doesn't matter if a player gets 7 or 8 titles compared to someone else who gets 5 titles as the primary reason. If the player with 7-8 titles wins 3-4 of his titles being 2nd to someone else or even 3rd or 4th then that really doesn't add to his legacy.

downsos
09-03-2008, 11:29 PM
He needs the money now, he can't be a cop no more

Rome
09-03-2008, 11:31 PM

Good point but it does add to his resume. And puts more on his fingers lol. I'd do it though.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
He needs the money now, he can't be a cop no more

Haha!

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2008, 11:36 PM
The Diesel has built his legacy, he's top 5 in my book. A truly great player who gets criticized far too much in terms of his on the court play. He's smart and makes others around him better.

No, I don't think he should just go to a team just to chase titles, his legacy is already great. He's established himself as one of the top 2 or 3 centers of all-time. I put him right behind Kareem as the 2nd best.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Thats why Duncan should worry you, he has won 4 as the main guy, and he still would be the main guy if he wins two more in S.A

I dont know why i have a little smell on my nose that Shaq may want to take that little last contract Back Home in NJ if they really land Lebron.

lavis
09-03-2008, 11:47 PM
No.

He should take the money and even more and more money. Just so all the haters who care about that can hate even more in their little cottages.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I think I would.

Hotone1401
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Ofcourse. He doesn't need the money. Shaq can still be really effective in short minutes. Plus, adding championships can only help his legacy. It won't be a matter of how effective he is because Shaq is always a factor for whatever team he plays for. His mere presence on a the floor will surely earn him praise if he were to win more championships.

bostncelts34
09-04-2008, 01:38 AM
imagine shaq signing with boston! wow. lol.

Rondo
allen
pierce
kg
shaq/perk

Lakersfan2483
09-04-2008, 01:50 AM

Rondo
allen
pierce
kg
shaq/perk

lol. Imagine the Diesel coming back to LA.

Fish
Kobe
Odom
Gasol
Bynum/Shaq

KG#1
09-04-2008, 02:45 AM
shaq will do anything to beat kobe.....

ertanozgur
09-04-2008, 03:25 AM
if i were shaq, i wouldnt play even this season..i would try to be remember as the top center in the league

bigmac8675
09-04-2008, 04:52 AM

Rondo
allen
pierce
kg
shaq/perk

Haha.... no.

Tom81
09-04-2008, 05:13 AM
No...

LakerzDQ
09-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Shaq's still a good player, maybe a bit foul prone, but he can still give you 15 and 10 a night. there's not that many dominant C's in the league, and Shaq can easily overmatch most centers of the NBA.

LakerzDQ
09-04-2008, 07:11 AM
Thats why Duncan should worry you, he has won 4 as the main guy, and he still would be the main guy if he wins two more in S.A

I dont know why i have a little smell on my nose that Shaq may want to take that little last contract Back Home in NJ if they really land Lebron.

even if Duncan wins 6, Jordan is still better than him.
if Duncan wins 6. I'll consider him the equal of Shaq. Shaq was more dominant, a better player than Duncan, and it'll take Duncan 2 more rings to put him level with Shaq's legacy.

jgonboricua
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
would be cool to see him team up with timmy in SA.....

JordansBulls
09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
if Duncan wins 6. I'll consider him the equal of Shaq. Shaq was more dominant, a better player than Duncan, and it'll take Duncan 2 more rings to put him level with Shaq's legacy.

Of course, that is why you can never base who is better on rings alone. If rings are your only argument then you really have none otherwise John Havlicek would be a top 3 player all time.
You have to include the whole body work. Rings, MVP's, Finals MVP's, stats, efficiency, etc.

Joshtd1
09-04-2008, 10:24 AM

I dont think so. I think just 1 more would put Duncan above Shaq seeing as he would have won 5 as the main guy of the team.

Shaq may have been more dominant, but its not like TD is a slouch or anything..

SeoulBeatz
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
sixers should take a chance on him next year

Andre Miller
Iguodala
Young
Elton Brand
Shaq

Hellcrooner
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Td is ALREADY over shaq, 4 rings driving the car, Shaq drove 3 and rode the backseat for Wade in the Fourth.

Jordan is Overated, nike did a nasty job brainwashing everybody.

Get over it, he is a man, and there is always a bigger fish.

There was Alexander the macedonian, no one could beat his conquers, and then came Gengis Khan, and the Spanish Imperium, and then Napoleon and after that Hitler.

Spitz was unbeatable ? Nope there you have Micahel Phelps.

So get over it, Jordan is ONLY a GOAT Candidate just as Magic, Bird, Wilt, Kareem or Oscar RObertson, its yur choice to decide who do you like but is not a Mathetmatical truth,

Adn soon somebody else will be added to this list.

SwaggaIke
09-04-2008, 12:16 PM
^Nah bruh, Jordan is THEE GOAT.

_Sn1P3r_
09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
To answer the question, yes I would. If I was Shaq I'd want to redeem myself and win mroe championships.

$ NyC $
09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
i don't agree completely it really depends...he's declining like crazy and if he leaves now his legacy is set...he shouldn't really tarnish it...but if he's really hungry 4 a few more...than yea i would..$$ isn't important he has enough of that