PDA

View Full Version : Good Riddance Mario Chalmers

Bound To Lose
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
For those of you who chastised Kevin Mchale for trading Mario Chalmers:

Sources: Chalmers, Arthur sent home by NBA.

Jeff Goodman writer for FOXSports.com:

Darrell Arthur and Mario Chalmers, both starters on Kansas' national championship team last season, were kicked out of the NBA's rookie transition program and sent home early Wednesday from Westchester, N.Y., FOXSports.com has learned.

"Darrell Arthur and Mario Chalmers were sent home for violation of program policies," said NBA spokesman Tim Frank.

According to sources, Arthur and Chalmers' violations had to do with marijuana, and having women in their room on Tuesday night. The four-day event began Wednesday morning.

One NBA rookie said that NBA commissioner David Stern was livid. Sources indicated that both players will be fined $20,000, could be suspended and will have to repeat the rookie transition program next year.

"We haven't made a decision yet," Frank said of the fine and possible suspension. "We're still reviewing it."

Chalmers hit the huge 3-pointer against Memphis in the national title game that forced overtime and eventually helped the Jayhawks win the championship. The 6-foot-1 guard was taken by Minnesota with the 34th overall pick and dealt to the Miami Heat in exchange for a pair of 2009 second-round picks and cash considerations.

He recently signed a two-year guaranteed contract that will pay him $700,000 this season.

The 6-foot-9 Arthur was originally selected 27th overall by the New Orleans Hornets before being traded to Portland and then Houston in draft night deals. Memphis acquired his rights from the Rockets for Donte Greene and a 2009 second-round pick.

Arthur, who signed a multi-year deal with the Grizzlies, averaged 12.8 points and 6.3 rebounds last season as a sophomore at Kansas.

Bound To Lose
09-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Trading Chalmers was my only complaint this off season. Now I have none. (knock on wood) We've had enough low character guys in recent times.

WSU Tony
09-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Our young team doesn't need any low character guys, your right, but they do need point guards. I guess it's a price we're not willing to pay.

Foye
09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
I still hate that we picked him, we could have simply picked up Chris Douglas-Roberts with #34 and everything would be fine -.-