PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation: Nuggets with Wade instead of Iverson, how good would they be

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Hypothetical Situation: If the Denver Nuggets had Dwyane Wade instead of Allen Iverson, how good would they be?

PG Carter/Johnson/Atkins
SG Wade/JR Smith
SF Melo/Balkman
PF Kmart/Kleiza/Anderson
C Nene/Hunter

I'm just trying to see if the Wade would solve the teams problems and put them in an absolutely much better position to win it all.

MiamiHeat
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
still no defense
Wade will be the only defense :D

29$JerZ
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Honestly, they wouldn't improve much. Scoring or leadership isn't the problem. It's their mental approach to winning games, offense with little defense won't get you far in the West.

Kyle N.
09-04-2008, 01:51 AM
They wouldn't win a championship but they'd still be a lot better.

barreleffact
09-04-2008, 02:23 AM
put wade on any team and theyd be better but not by much on denver. iverson still is very Very good

Chronz
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
With a healthy Wade they would be alot better, I think that gos without saying. Wade is a huge upgrade on Iverson both defensively and offensively.

_Sn1P3r_
09-04-2008, 03:56 PM
They'd be better for sure.

RoyalG333
09-04-2008, 03:57 PM
They would be better but they can't win without defense.

Aapox
09-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I think they would. D-Wade would have to drive the team, most notably Carmelo, into playing intense defense and team basketball. I think he could do that though, and they'd be amazing with their talent disciplined. Carmelo is amazing he just has no discipline or drive to play defense to help him win.

BRADfromOZ
09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I think they'd be about the same.

heyman321
09-04-2008, 06:30 PM
With a healthy Wade they would be alot better, I think that gos without saying. Wade is a huge upgrade on Iverson both defensively and offensively.

How is Wade any better than Iverson on defense? Iverson is almost in the top 10 all time in steals I believe, Wade can't defend for 5 bucks and a lolipop. And Wade is only better than him offenseively is because Iverson is getting up there in age now.

madiaz3
09-04-2008, 06:35 PM
How is Wade any better than Iverson on defense? Iverson is almost in the top 10 all time in steals I believe, Wade can't defend for 5 bucks and a lolipop. And Wade is only better than him offenseively is because Iverson is getting up there in age now.

Just because you gamble and go for big steals (even though Wade does too..) doesn't mean you're a great defender. Great defenders at the guard position stay in front of their man.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Wade>A.I ONLY BECAUSE OF AGE

AI>Wade

SensandRaps
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
not much of a change really denver still cant play defense

Lone Maverick
09-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Wade is nice but no real improvement until "Mr. Shoot To Solve All Denver's Problems, Shoot Now And Later, Shoot Some More And Then When Denver is Down By 30 Think About Playing Some Actual D" AKA Melo takes it upon himself to play D and do more than just score. Melo and the entire team would have to instantly get a defensive mindset or petition Stern to play in the East. =/

One player can only make a real impact on a team thats already a contender, which Denver is not at this point.

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 09:47 PM
The Lakers won the WCF without great defense....they won it it on smart play and ball movement coupled with Kobe Bryant.....the Nuggets though.....f\defense has never been thier biggest issue....they have two ball stoppers on offense and they don't play smart....they need to get rid of George Karl....who they should have a few years ago....and with Wade they would be championship level.....

mgthompson
09-05-2008, 09:59 AM
they need to get rid of George Karl....

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

BowDown32
09-05-2008, 10:12 AM

Wade is much better defensively than AI is!! Just because he has numbers on steals doesnt mean he is close to Wade. D-Wade is very active on the defensive end when it comes to help defense, rebounding, and in the steals category he is no slouch.

Regardless this aint a Wade vs. AI debate. The Nuggets will still be fighting for the 8th spot. Nene and Kmart can't take you anywhere in the playoffs and they still have no pg. Late in the game you need a pg to run your offense and play defense, you cant have the ball in Wades hand he needs to be off the ball to help get buckets. In the West they would sit anywhere in the 7-9 spot.

IversonIsKrazy
09-05-2008, 08:07 PM
they would b the same. iverson is jus as good as wade.

Wade
24.6 PPG
4.2 RPG
6.9 APG
1.7 SPG
0.7 BPG
4.4 TPG
47% FG
29% 3-point
76% Free-throws

Iverson
26.4 PPG
3.0 RPG
7.1 APG
2.1 SPG
0.2 BPG
2.9 TPG
46% FG
35% 3-point
81% free-throws

Iverson scores more, more efficent from 3's, more steals, better free-throws, and turns the ball over less while averaging more assists.

Iverson > Wade

I would say denver would lose 1 more game w/ wade than w/ ai.

MiamiHeatWade33
09-06-2008, 06:10 AM
The Nuggets would do good except there defence wouldnt make a diffrence