PDA

View Full Version : Question for NON lakers fans

Hellcrooner
09-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, this question has been raised in the Lakers forum, and i think its so stupid that it shouldn have even been raised tehre, because only someone compeltley sold into Propaganda can even consider it.

Who do you think should be the SECOND scoring option and Leader in teh Lakers.

Andrew Bynum? 3 years in the league, 12/8 his best season and never played an entire season.

Pau Gasol: 8 Years, Spanish league champion and Mvp, Spanish cup champion and mvp World Champion, Olympic and euroean silver, OlYmpics top scorer, Lead a lousy team to the playoffs twice with LITTLE help.

So what do you think?

lavis
09-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Pau. Maybe he should wear Spanish national team warmups to get himself fired up.

cmellofan15
09-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm... I don't think they want a big man as their leader and put them at second option

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm a Lakers fan (2nd favorite team) but I see no reason why I can't have a say lol. I still think Pau should be the 2nd option. He is a lot more fine tuned on the offensive end and has better moves that make it easier for him to score than Bynum. Bynum still has to learn some more post moves, even though he already has some, in order for him to become the 2nd option. However, I do think Bynum should be moved up to the 3rd option and have the Lakers just keep feeding the post and have an incredible inside outside game with Kobe and the two big guys down low. Then you can have Odom from within 20 feet and they'll be set. Bynum is going to be a top 5 center, but not yet.

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Gasol rather easily. The guy has been a franchise player for the Grizzlies and gotten the team to the playoffs 3 times as the best player and even won 50 games in the process. He is still 28 years old. No one else should even be considered the next option on the Lakers at this point until Gasol's game drops off and the other two guys seriously raise their games and become more consistent.

Hellcrooner
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Well there are some lakers fans saying that bynum shoudl take that role now and that he can score 20/10 NOW.

Man im starting to hate the guy, he is an 3 or 4 times all star at best but lakers fans seem to beleive he is the second coming of wilt chamberlain!!!

Rome
09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
That does get annoying when they praise him so much when he hasn't proved anything. Realistically Pau is the obvious second option.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Come on, this is pathetic, Lakers fans get brainwashed or are they all high on dope?

JMan17
09-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Andrew Bynum? 3 years in the league, 12/8 his best season

13/10 dude...

JWalk126
09-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Come on, this is pathetic, Lakers fans get brainwashed or are they all high on dope?

didnt you notice that the dude who made the thread is a Lakers fan himself?

JMan17
09-03-2008, 09:10 PM
oh and gasol is 2nd option right now

mcnasty54
09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Easily Gasol. Im not sure what Bynums role is going to be next.

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
We shall see what the future holds for Bynum. I can't wait for all the haters to be silenced. Bynum is a legit center down low. He will be their 2nd option, stay tuned......

IndyRealist
09-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Gasol is easily the second option, he's much more skilled than Bynum, who could learn alot from Pau and easily become a tougher Amare Stoudamire.

It is however a two part question, and the second leader of the Lakers is definitely Derek Fisher. I mean, that's what you brought him in for, right? That's why the Jazz were fuming when he signed with LA. With .3 seconds to go and Kobe unable to get the ball, I'd take a clutch jumper from Fisher over a contested hook shot from Gasol.

Kyben36
09-03-2008, 11:15 PM
1st. Kobe
2nd. Pau
3rd. Odom
4th Bynum
5th. Fisher

But the way Lakers fans treat Bynum, then it would be

1st Bynum
2nd Kobe
3rd Pau
4th Odom
5th Fisher

Bynum has not proved much more then Noah has to me. They both had 1/2 a SOLID season. not great for either of them though

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-04-2008, 12:23 AM
If I were a Laker fan, I would like to see Bynum progress and become the 2nd option.

Hotone1401
09-04-2008, 12:30 AM
If I were a Laker fan, I would like to see Bynum progress and become the 2nd option.

Obviously! But that isn't going to happen. Atleast not yet anyway. The kid still has to develop his offensive game. Some Laker fans act like the kid is already a threat one on one in the post. He has shown flashes but nothing that suggests that he is ready to be the second option. Seriously, I watched EVERY Laker game the past 3 seasons, and all of AB's points come from spoon fed dimes from either Kobe, Farmar, or Fisher. He has just been sitting under the basket collecting rebounds and catching passes for the easy dunk.

barreleffact
09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
it should be gasol but then bynum next season. eff gasol after bynum takes full stride

Kyle N.
09-04-2008, 01:18 AM
It's Gasol. Bynum hasn't proven he's a second option. He's proven that he has the potential for a bright and possibly very successful future. But until then, whenever that time may or may not come. It's Gasol.

Lost Art
09-04-2008, 01:30 AM
Well there are some lakers fans saying that bynum shoudl take that role now and that he can score 20/10 NOW.

Man im starting to hate the guy, he is an 3 or 4 times all star at best but lakers fans seem to beleive he is the second coming of wilt chamberlain!!!

You're from Spain, go figure. You're also the same guy that thinks Marc Gasol is god. You love Spanish players, we get it. Is there really a need for a thread like this? Does anybody other than Lakers fans really care about this? I highly doubt it.

........also the way you framed the question is pretty funny :laugh:

Bynum will score, Gasol will score, Kobe will score, and the Lakers will win a bunch of games...........that's all that really matters. Isn't it?

bigmac8675
09-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Gasol by a longshot.... he is a proven scorer.

Lost Art
09-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Gasol by a longshot.... he is a proven scorer.

........and a proven sissy :D

Sorry, I had to :shrug:

DopieB
09-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Gasol, easily, he's one of the best big men in the NBA

Lakersfan2483
09-04-2008, 01:45 AM
You're from Spain, go figure. You're also the same guy that thinks Marc Gasol is god. You love Spanish players, we get it. Is there really a need for a thread like this? Does anybody other than Lakers fans really care about this? I highly doubt it.

........also the way you framed the question is pretty funny :laugh:

Bynum will score, Gasol will score, Kobe will score, and the Lakers will win a bunch of games...........that's all that really matters. Isn't it?

Good pts., I plan on laughing all the way to the finals again because Bynum is destined to do major things these next couple of yrs. He will be an all-star. He got hurt last yr, but people need to understand just how good he was playing before the injury. They seem to forget the game in which he DOMINATED Amare Stoudamire on X-mas day. Bynum will develop into the 2nd option this yr.

People make a huge deal out of Greg Oden and he has not set foot on the NBA court, but far be it for us laker fans to think Bynum has star written all over him. People need to look up Bynum's stats prior to his injury and look at what place LA was in before he went down. We were in first place before he got hurt.

Note: I think G. Oden and Bynum are the next great big man. D. Howard is already establishing himself as a big time center.

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I want to throw up everytime people act like Bynum is some kind of All-Star....Gasol is an All-Star calibar guy who is the perfect second option offensively because he is unselfish and diverse.....Bynum needs to be the defensive anchor more than anything.....

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Good pts., I plan on laughing all the way to the finals again because Bynum is destined to do major things these next couple of yrs. He will be an all-star. He got hurt last yr, but people need to understand just how good he was playing before the injury. They seem to forget the game in which he DOMINATED Amare Stoudamire on X-mas day. Bynum will develop into the 2nd option this yr.

People make a huge deal out of Greg Oden and he has not set foot on the NBA court, but far be it for us laker fans to think Bynum has star written all over him. People need to look up Bynum's stats prior to his injury and look at what place LA was in before he went down. We were in first place before he got hurt.

Note: I think G. Oden and Bynum are the next great big man. D. Howard is already establishing himself as a big time center.

Who hasn't dominated Amare??? And yes....he was impressive that game and Lakers fans should be excited about him....but to assume he will score 20PPG is horribly over-optimistic....that great stretch that everyone talked about he didn't come near 20PPG....

Storch
09-04-2008, 01:54 AM
im quite sure that the laker fans voted pau gasol as the 2nd option.

Lost Art
09-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Who hasn't dominated Amare??? And yes....he was impressive that game and Lakers fans should be excited about him....but to assume he will score 20PPG is horribly over-optimistic....that great stretch that everyone talked about he didn't come near 20PPG....

He dominated Amare both meetings last season Amare twice. He dominated Kaman. He dominated Biedrens both meetings. He dominated Dalembert. And he played D-Howard even (which very few C's have done). He's going to be a stud. He's a better player and has more impact on the game than Gasol.........by the end of this season you'll know that ;) You can quote me on that. I've got him as the third best C in the league behind D-Howard and Yao.

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 01:58 AM
He dominated Amare both meetings last season Amare twice. He dominated Kaman. And he played D-Howard even. He's going to be a stud. He's a better player and has more impact on the game than Gasol.........by the end of this season you'll know that ;) You can quote me on that.

What was his numbers against these guys? Out of curiosity....

Lost Art
09-04-2008, 02:02 AM

For the last month and a half before he got injured (when he was actually getting minutes and adequate touches) he averaged 16 points 12 rebounds 3 assists and 2.5 blocks per game. How many C's play that efficiently? And I'd say that's pretty darn close to 20 ppg :eyebrow: Give him 40 mpg and he might get you there.

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 02:07 AM
For the last month and a half before he got injured (when he was actually getting minutes and adequate touches) he averaged 16 points 12 rebounds 3 assists and 2.5 blocks per game. How many C's play that efficiently? And I'd say that's pretty darn close to 20 ppg :eyebrow: Give him 40 mpg and he might get you there.

That's about Kaman numbers....and I think he won't be much better than Kaman....which isn't a bad thing at all....

Lost Art
09-04-2008, 02:20 AM
What was his numbers against these guys? Out of curiosity....

Against Amare:

Game 1: 14 points (7-10 fg) 13 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block in 23 minutes
* Amare's line: 7 points (2-10 fg) 1 rebound 0 assists in 24 minutes

Game 2: 28 points (8-12 fg) 12 rebounds 4 assists and 2 blocks in 42 minutes
* Amare's line: 19 poins (6-11 fg) 6 rebounds 2 assists and 3 blocks in 33 minutes

Against Kaman:

Only matchup: 14 points (7-9 fg) 9 boards 3 assists and 6 blocks in 31 minutes

- The stats don't do this game justice, you really need to watch the video to see how huge Bynum was in this game. Keep in mind, this is all in one game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_gH72uDLkg

Against Biedrens:

Game 1: 20 points (9-14 fg) 11 boards 3 assists and 5 blocks in 28 minutes
Game 2: 17 points (7-10 fg) 16 boards 2 assists and 1 block in 35 minutes

Against Dalembert:

Only matchup: 24 points (10-11 fg) 11 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block in 36 minutes

Against Dwight:

Only matchup: 10 points (5-9 fg) 6 boards 1 assist and 7 blocks in 28 minutes
* Dwights line: 17 points (6-11 fg) 8 boards 0 assists and 5 blocks in 36 minutes
- Nothing special but he played Howard pretty even and kept him in check (he averaged 21 points and 14 boards last season) which very few players were able to do last season.

Lost Art
09-04-2008, 02:27 AM
That's about Kaman numbers....and I think he won't be much better than Kaman....which isn't a bad thing at all....

Except Kaman played on a terrible team with an injured superstar where he was the "go-to" guy. Lots of players put up numbers on horrible teams (see Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry, Al Jefferson, etc.) but Bynum was putting up those numbers while leading the league in FG%, while playing limited minutes, while playing next to Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom, while playing on a first place team. There is a difference. Put him on a last place team as the only big man on the squad, play him 38 mpg, give him the ball every time down the court, and allow him to shoot 48% fg and I'll guarantee he'll put up 20+ points and 12+ rebounds no problem. Bynum played efficiently, played limited minutes, played on a 1st place team, and rarely got the touches that he deserved. Frankly, I'd take him over Kaman any day of the week. Like I said, I bet you'll be on the same page by the end of next season..............hell, you'll be on the same page by the allstar break ;)

......and the best part about it is that he's still only 20 years old, a bit less than a year older than this years #1 draft pick Derrick Rose

theimortalone
09-04-2008, 02:35 AM
I would go with Pau. He is a proven player. Once Andrew proves himself, then I would take bynum, but until we see what Andrew does this year, I would say Pau.

rainmanegbert2
09-04-2008, 02:51 AM
derek fisher no doubt
hes a stud and should be a go to guy in the clutch. he can consistanlty nock down the J with his foot on the line. hes a proven veteran leader with a winning attitude.

Lakersfan2483
09-04-2008, 02:54 AM
For all those doubters of Andrew Bynum, save this post. Bynum will be an all-star very soon, and he is a top 3 center. Save this post, and check with me at the end of the yr, if I am wrong. Bynum will be laughing at all the haters and heading straight to the bank!!!!

Hellcrooner
09-04-2008, 03:47 AM
how many time has gasol dominated Kg, duncan, Stoudamire, Boozer, etc etc?

A LOT of times during all these years.

The last time he held Duncan and boozer this same year, leading them to the final.

Oh and Kg did his WORST series against the Lakers and Pau.

It was pierce who made them win.

Tom81
09-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Gasol

DreamShaker
09-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Against Amare:

Game 1: 14 points (7-10 fg) 13 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block in 23 minutes
* Amare's line: 7 points (2-10 fg) 1 rebound 0 assists in 24 minutes

Game 2: 28 points (8-12 fg) 12 rebounds 4 assists and 2 blocks in 42 minutes
* Amare's line: 19 poins (6-11 fg) 6 rebounds 2 assists and 3 blocks in 33 minutes

Against Kaman:

Only matchup: 14 points (7-9 fg) 9 boards 3 assists and 6 blocks in 31 minutes

- The stats don't do this game justice, you really need to watch the video to see how huge Bynum was in this game. Keep in mind, this is all in one game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_gH72uDLkg

Against Biedrens:

Game 1: 20 points (9-14 fg) 11 boards 3 assists and 5 blocks in 28 minutes
Game 2: 17 points (7-10 fg) 16 boards 2 assists and 1 block in 35 minutes

Against Dalembert:

Only matchup: 24 points (10-11 fg) 11 rebounds 3 assists and 1 block in 36 minutes

Against Dwight:

Only matchup: 10 points (5-9 fg) 6 boards 1 assist and 7 blocks in 28 minutes
* Dwights line: 17 points (6-11 fg) 8 boards 0 assists and 5 blocks in 36 minutes
- Nothing special but he played Howard pretty even and kept him in check (he averaged 21 points and 14 boards last season) which very few players were able to do last season.

Yeah the Christmas game was awesome....28 and 12.....i'm not saying he's not gonna be a good player....but I just can't bring myself to forsee greatness....just can't jump on quite yet.....and Kaman got more attention than Bynum so it's hard to say that it was harder to do it on that Lakers team....you could make the argument that with so much attention paid to
Kobe his scoring oppertunities were easier....

superkegger
09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Pau without a doubt. Bynum and LO are going to be nice compliments, and if Bynum emerges as the second option somehow, thats fine, but Kobe and Pau are clearly the 1-2 punch.

ejdacanay
09-04-2008, 06:04 PM
I would say Bynum, as he's more of a bruiser than Pau. And Fish wouldn't be bad either. His ability to draw fouls and his 3PT ability are pretty damn good.

$ NyC $
09-04-2008, 06:12 PM
man..will they ever realize...RIGHT NOW

Gasol has a better over all game...Bynum is a stronger rebounder and blocker but Gasol still rebounds and blocks and has good passing skills...

EVENTUALLY...maybe even next season..Bynum will be #2...and then even #1..just not this season

breedlove2drug
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM

yea... those laker fans are just blinded... they havnt even seen bynum yet

he could be huge in the NBA or he can just be a bust. Im a Laker Fan, but sometimes ppl take it too far on bynums situation.

I think Pau should be lakers second choice

breedlove2drug
09-04-2008, 06:38 PM
oh! and i totally forgot about fisher, with his 0.4 seconds left, swish

LAKERS 24/7
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
derek fisher no doubt
hes a stud and should be a go to guy in the clutch. he can consistanlty nock down the J with his foot on the line. hes a proven veteran leader with a winning attitude.

what?

and what?

Lost Art
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
yea... those laker fans are just blinded... they havnt even seen bynum yet

he could be huge in the NBA or he can just be a bust. Im a Laker Fan, but sometimes ppl take it too far on bynums situation.

I think Pau should be lakers second choice

We haven't seen him yet :confused: Pretty sure I've seen a lot of him. I see that you're from Orange County, but you obviously don't watch many Lakers games if you think that's the case...........which is true of most non-Lakers fans and foreigners (who don't get many games broadcasted where they live unless they have NBATV) responding in this thread. If you only watch a handful of Lakers games a season you likely don't know much about this kid and your opinion should be taken with a grain of salt :eyebrow:

Vincent
09-05-2008, 02:58 PM
While it's easy to answer this season, it might be difficult in the upcomming seasons.

Pau is much more versatile in the post, while Odom is the second most diverse scorer on the team (next to Kobe).

But it's tough to guard a strong 7'0 with great athletism like Bynum. Plus, he seems to developing more touch. Towards the end of the 2009 season, I can see the Lakers turning to him more so than the incredibly soft Gasol, and softer Odom.

mamba24
09-05-2008, 03:40 PM

first off i am a big time lakers fan... bynum is the third or even fourth option depending if odom decides to show up or not. gasol is easily number 2

G-Funk
09-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Kobe
Gasol
Bynum
Lamar
Fisher

Sixerlover
09-05-2008, 06:06 PM
^ :up:

downsos
09-05-2008, 06:29 PM
It has to be Gasol

Propaganda
09-05-2008, 06:39 PM
because only someone compeltley sold into Propaganda can even consider it.

What should I buy into?

No but seriously, it has to be Gasol. He'll get the touches in the post. More shots more points.

MiamiHeatWade33
09-06-2008, 04:01 AM
pau gasol

then it should be lamar odom

then andrew bynum

then derek fisher

derek fisher there best three point shooter

or wait kobes there best three point shooter lol

then dfish then pau gasol there best inside scorer

big c
09-06-2008, 08:52 AM
pau maybe more experienced and skilled,but he is not the physically dominate force that bynum is.that's what lal needs as their 2nd option if they're to win it all this season.

$ NyC $
09-06-2008, 09:05 AM
kobe #1 Gasol #2 Bynum #3 Odom #4

cmellofan15
09-06-2008, 06:07 PM
LOL He said a question for non lakers fans and who ends up on the thread? LAKERS FANS!!! They're everywhere theres no denying them!!!!!!

BleedPurple
09-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Its got to be Pau,but we are so good that we dont need to have a legit second option.Not only are Kobe Pau Odom and Bynum capable of putting up big numbers,but how many times did Sasha Fisher Farmar Vlad and even Ariza step up for 15 point games.I remember Vlad getting 17pts 11rbs in a game last year.We are good enough to not have a second option,but like I said if we have to choose one it has to be Pau!!!!

BleedPurple
09-06-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL He said a question for non lakers fans and who ends up on the thread? LAKERS FANS!!! They're everywhere theres no denying them!!!!!!

LOL . On behalf of most LAKER fans I would like to say that we are very anxious for the upcoming season,if your talking LAKER BASKETBALL we're there.