PDA

View Full Version : Mario Chalmers and Darrel Arthur smoking the Ganj

kriviant
09-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Theres a time and a place for everything, and it's called college.

March Madness heroes Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were thrown out of the NBA's rookie transition program on Wednesday morning after being caught in their hotel room with marijuana, according to several sources.

"They were sent home for violating program rules," NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

Sources said Chalmers and Arthur, who starred on the Kansas Jayhawks' 2008 NCAA championship team, were also fined $20,000 apiece and will start the regular season on the suspended list. But McIntyre would not confirm that.

"We're still looking into it," McIntyre said. "Once we have all the details, appropriate sanctions will be taken."

Full article here: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3567481

And just when I was looking forward to seeing Super Mario starting in the regular season.....

MiamiHeat
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I know I read this in the Heat forum
don't remind me :pity:

Rome
09-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Not a suprise. I'm sure a lot of young players in the L toke up in the odd season. Just like Josh Howard.

Shv21
09-03-2008, 03:38 PM
OK well alotta players do eventually smoke..have u seen carmelo anthonys eyes.?? So obvious.. Trust me ppl..alottof em smoke either marijuana or other stuff..

heyman321
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Haha sucks for them. What a stupid decision to be smoking pot in a HOTEL room. That's like swimming in the ocean when you clearly know there are sharks there.

KeithLBC
09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I thought Beasley was supposed to be the one with character issues :confused:

AirJordanXVIII
09-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Wow. You do it at like your friends house or something lol. But hotel room!?!?!?!? :confused:

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
wow...great way 2 start your season and show your teams your dedication

lavis
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM
You shouldn't get caught that early.

_Sn1P3r_
09-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Haha yeah ^^ I hope his their IQs on the court is better than their IQs off it.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Brings a whole new meaning to J-Hawks.

B-Easy23
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
lol....they are really showing lots of commitment!

Hellcrooner
09-03-2008, 04:19 PM
man they arew on vacation.

Would they supsend them if they were drunk?

hypocryt rules

LayZbone
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM

:laugh2: :clap:

Seventh King
09-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Nice! I can hear J Noah smiling and laughing his *** off from here.

Jwizel_hitshrs
09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
WOW lol man.....20,000 dollars for a couple a joints...... its only like 30 bucks a couple in Canada HAHA

Rome
09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Haha 20,000 to an NBA player is like 20 30 bucks to us!

Steve Kerr
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Who cares? They should have used a blow tube. IDIOTS.

#1Mavericksfan
09-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Now everybody on hear can stop bashing Josh Howard for saying he does it because I guess he's not the only now.

kriviant
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Now everybody on hear can stop bashing Josh Howard for saying he does it because I guess he's not the only now.

Of course he's not the only one. I'm sure tons of these guys do that **** in the off-season.

Sixerlover
09-03-2008, 05:19 PM

hypocryt rules

alchol isn't illegal

SwaggaIke
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
alchol isn't illegal

Weed ain't never killed nobody. This **** is truly gay. Mario should smoke in the privacy of his own home next time.:cool:

philab
09-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Haha sucks for them. What a stupid decision to be smoking pot in a HOTEL room. That's like swimming in the ocean when you clearly know there are sharks there.

Where else are they gonna smoke? They're staying in HOTEL rooms so my guess is that they are on a trip somewhere. The better question is how did they get caught?

And almost everyone swims in the ocean and clearly knows there are sharks. I'm not quite sure that's a great analogy.

LayZbone
09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Weed ain't never killed nobody. This **** is truly gay. Mario should smoke in the privacy of his own home next time.:cool:

Katt Williams- Weed:smoking: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs)

^warning foul language .

GSRaider
09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
smoking weed occasionally is not a big deal

quiksilver2491
09-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Haha 20,000 to an NBA player is like 20 30 bucks to us!

Not really, this isn't Lebron James and Kobe Bryant we are talking about here, these guys have plenty enough to keep a stable lifestyle with some luxuries, but they are rookies who got picked in the late first and second rounds so its not like they make 20 million a year. Not to mention I doubt either is endorsed by any major sports companies.

Ridiculous the way society is viewing marijuana though, they wouldn't be sent home for having a drink and smoking a cigarette. I understand the responsibility it takes when dealing with marijuana and they deffinitely should of been more careful but the way the govt. has made this drug look is pretty outrageous.

kriviant
09-03-2008, 05:39 PM

word.

Katt Williams- Weed

^warning foul language .

Hilarious, very true. :smoking:

SwaggaIke
09-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Katt Williams- Weed:smoking: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs)

^warning foul language .

Katt never lied. Name me 1 dude who overdosed smokin weed? You can snort coke all day Monday and be clean by Thursday. I can smoke 3 blunts Monday and I won't be clean for a month. The **** is truly backwards. The least harmful "drug" is the one that gets gone on the most. Josh Howard admitted he blew and the world went crazy. Matt Jones got caught choppin up some white girl in his whip and I haven't heard **** else about it since day 1. If Barack wins the presidency, I really hope he legalizes weed.

Rome
09-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Not really, this isn't Lebron James and Kobe Bryant we are talking about here, these guys have plenty enough to keep a stable lifestyle with some luxuries, but they are rookies who got picked in the late first and second rounds so its not like they make 20 million a year. Not to mention I doubt either is endorsed by any major sports companies

Knew someone would get me there, I'm aware their rooks, but I was meaning towards the superstar type lol the filthy rich type. Should of been more clear.

But that's still ridiculous 20,000 for smoking a little. Can't people ever just look the other way haha.

quiksilver2491
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Knew someone would get me there, I'm aware their rooks, but I was meaning towards the superstar type lol the filthy rich type. Should of been more clear.

But that's still ridiculous 20,000 for smoking a little. Can't people ever just look the other way haha.

:p

It was irresponsible to do in a hotel but that doesn't make it any wronger than drinking, which is perfectly legal. Until they decriminalize the drug or make it legal, it tops the list of the most corrupt problem that we have in the US.

tkc2k4
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Who cares.. they need to get over it.

NYstateofMinD
09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
WOW lol I smoked weed in a hotel room, in the bathroom and outside while they took us out skying with the teachers and deans there and it feels better doing it there..but all jokes aside weed should be legalized because cigarette's and alcohol are far more dangerous than weed.

philab
09-03-2008, 06:53 PM
:p

It was irresponsible to do in a hotel but that doesn't make it any wronger than drinking, which is perfectly legal. Until they decriminalize the drug or make it legal, it tops the list of the most corrupt problem that we have in the US.

Marijuana is this country's biggest problem?

(Actually, unlike the fatalists out there, I don't think this country is in some huge shithole. BUT we do certainly have bigger problems than marijuana.)

tkc2k4
09-03-2008, 07:02 PM
WOW lol I smoked weed in a hotel room, in the bathroom and outside while they took us out skying with the teachers and deans there and it feels better doing it there..but all jokes aside weed should be legalized because cigarette's and alcohol are far more dangerous than weed.

Exactly

THE_FLASH_21
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
DUMB ****S!!! desevre to get caught!!!

rico
09-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Atleast Joakim didnt get caught selling it to him :P j/k

SeoulBeatz
09-03-2008, 07:20 PM

lol im a firm believer that the people who bash josh howard are either really uncultured, or just plain ignorant.

90% of the league smokes weed, its that simple. at least where im from (philly and new york) weed is part of the culture and is something u try and do throughout ur younger years and less and less into adulthood.

my parents smoked weed, my neighbors smoke weed, my professors here at NYU have admitted to smoking weed (cus they are all musicians).

weed is not a crime.

murder is a crime
rape is a crime
burglary is a crime

but weed?

cmon, Obama smoked weed all throughout college.

superkegger
09-03-2008, 07:31 PM

hypocryt rules

alchol isn't illegal

I don't have a problem with pot at all. I enjoy smoking. But I still don't understand athletes that smoke. Especially not when they're tested for it. And I fail to understand how they got caught. I've smoked enough to know when its probably a bad time to smoke, and where they were made it a bad time to toke up. fools.

I think weed should be legal, but thats beside the point. It's not, and players are tested, so why not just lay off it for a couple years, cause ****, in a few years, when you're out of the NBA, you're still going to be rich as **** and you can smoke all the weed you want without the fear of being suspended or fined by the NBA for doing so. I mean show a little self control. I haven't smoked in a few months because of my job search and the possibility of being tested before I'm hired, and while its lame, it really isn't that hard to not smoke.

dre1990
09-03-2008, 07:37 PM
not a big deal............

Vinny642
09-03-2008, 07:40 PM
thank god the hornets traded arthur for 3 million

egptnwarrior22
09-03-2008, 07:41 PM
I can't believe this is surprising anyone...charles oakley, a few years ago, bluntly said most guys in the league play while high...I mean have you guys ever heard lamar odom talk? dude is stoned out of his mind!! and look at zach randolph...he probably has the stuff growing in his lungs!

Beno7500
09-03-2008, 07:58 PM
They are stupid.

carruthers32
09-03-2008, 08:03 PM

just because there smoking some weed dosent mean there not dedicated.

MiamiHeat
09-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I'll be positive and say
smoking it will make him play better :up:

Rome
09-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Haha security must of smelt it or something. They were getin high with some ladies and weren't even suppose to have guests lol. Agreed there are way worse problems in America than pot. Should be legal.

KB24>therest
09-03-2008, 08:31 PM
i bet it was some good **** too haha, alcohol should be illegal before bud

97'bulls
09-03-2008, 08:39 PM
atleast theyll fit in with the rest of the nba

theuuord
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
wait, someone got caught smoking MARIJUANA!??!?

IMPOSSIBLE!

lol what a joke.
90% of people smoke weed. period.

MiamiHeat
09-03-2008, 08:57 PM
wait, someone got caught smoking MARIJUANA!??!?

IMPOSSIBLE!

lol what a joke.
90% of people smoke weed. period.

I'm in the 10% that doesn't smoke ,
But 90%? seriously that's way too high and ridiculous

SwaggaIke
09-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Yea, 90% of people definitely don't smoke. But the percentage is relatively high. It seems like budsmokers get criticized more than anybody else.

theuuord
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm in the 10% that doesn't smoke ,
But 90%? seriously that's way too high and ridiculous

Around the planet marijuana is considered way more beneficial (and rightfully so) than the "war on drugs" would have you believe. The percentage is probably less in America but if you go around the world and look 16+ the number is very high, which isn't a bad thing...

These are basically college kids with more money than most college kids... so they took a few hits... who cares?