PDA

View Full Version : What can make the Bobcats a top team in the East?

29$JerZ
09-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Raymond Felton
Jason Richardson
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor
Nazr Mohammad

D.J Augustin
Matt Carroll
Jared Dudley
Adam Morrison
Sean May
Ryan Hollins
Alexis Ajinca

Talent Wise they are up there. I always thought they had the tools to be an elite team but the management and injuries hurt them a lot.

The only move I can see helping them is if D.J becomes a good PG this season, they trade Felton for a better option at Center.

Any thought's or ideas?

My idea is to maybe put Felton on the Block for a legit Center to help Okafor play at the 4 again.

jimbobjarree
09-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I dunno, they could always have payience and see how DJ and Ajinca will be like.

But yeah, a center would probably be the one area, or a decent low post scorer

superkegger
09-03-2008, 02:17 PM
They need to fire MJ.

But if Felton or Augustin become the PG they're looking for and if Okafor can become the kind of player he was projected to be, they could be pretty good.

phillychi009
09-03-2008, 02:22 PM
On paper they look good, but injurys and bad coaching

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
They will be a top team in the East when the rest of the Eastern conference teams are forced to rebuild with 0 NBA players. Lol (jk.) I think right now all they need is a center who can score, rebound, and play hard defense. Also, a playmaking point guard, which maybe DJ can become, would also help them a lot. Maybe some defense in the mix, who knows.

Rome
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
They need a miracle.

No really they need to trade felton and pick up a solid center. They have loads of potential and I know that means **** for **** but I could see them being a top seed in the east given a few moves.

RoyalG333
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
They need to put together a better coaching staff. They should bring in a seasoned veteran coach like Larry Brown who will get the most out of the talent thats there. I think Coaching is key for a young team. They need guidance and experience. Not a coach learning on the fly.

lavis
09-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Talent wise they are nowhere!

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Lol Larry Brown was already signed by them and isn't going to do anything for them. He can only coach GOOD teams..like in Detroit and previous teams that he did well on all were very good teams. He doesn't have the patience to coach a young team...the Bobcats jig won't work out.

IndyRealist
09-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Before this summer I'd say, "They need to spend some money." Okafor's contract is outrageous for what he does though, so now I'd say, "They need to spend money wisely."

They need a post scorer who's going to put in 16-18ppg or they need to move Emeka to C, put an extra 3pt shooter on the floor and play run n' gun.

They need to draft better. Trade Adam Morrison and Sean May (both have expiring contracts) for a good role player from a rebuilding team.

They need a clear cut leader. They've gone entirely too long without establishing a team identity.

Adam Morrison, Sean May, and Nazr Mohammed for Kenyon Martin and a 1st rd draft pick.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 03:20 PM
They have the tools to be a good defensive team under Larry Brown....to me it seems like they don't have an identity or a true superstar....they have a team full of 2nd options....

op12
09-03-2008, 03:30 PM
if morrison can come back and contribute as a solid scorer and they trade for a C, they will be a 5-6 team in the east. it would also help for may to work out but i dont see that happening. i think their draft was poor this year, as i dont think mj is good at his job. larry brown is not a good coach with young players. they should have drafted lopez to start or eventually start at C and someone like chalmers to backup felton or even another big man or slasher. terrible offseason.

AirJordanXVIII
09-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Okafor needs to improve his post game... He needs to be like a 20-12 guy....and they either need Ajinca to be a decent center, or they need to go get one.. Mohammed isnt gonna cut it...

Talent is there.

They just gotta grow.

SensandRaps
09-03-2008, 04:00 PM
they need a defensive center and a pass first pg

29$JerZ
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Good points, need a star and an identity.

_Sn1P3r_
09-03-2008, 04:12 PM
A defensive centre and a healthy season to progress.

Hawkeye15
09-03-2008, 04:17 PM
on paper, they have talent. But all their players have limitations, and many of those can not be covered up by another player. Like, Okafor is a good rebounder, but can't score. What big man can cover that up? They don't have any physical guards. They don't have a good bench. They just don't add up even though that lineup looks decent on paper

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 04:30 PM
i agree that what they're missing is a good center...we should trade them Eddy Curry 2 fill that need..lolll...but no actually a EC type center would fit perfectly next 2 Okafor...they need a scoring presence down low...

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
they did get Sean May and MR. STACHE back tho

LAKERS 24/7
09-03-2008, 05:51 PM
only God could make such a thing happen

PostYourEyes
09-03-2008, 07:45 PM
i say trade raymond felton and sign a vet. centre

barreleffact
09-04-2008, 01:09 AM
a miracle

innovator
09-04-2008, 01:49 AM
they need MJ to come out of retirement AGAIN

zambo4president
09-04-2008, 09:14 AM
kobe and dwight howard

Sixerlover
09-04-2008, 09:20 AM
A top team? Like Boston / Detroit level? A prayer. But an upgrade at center could place them in the Philly / Orlando / Toronto range if that upgrade was worthwile.

Joshtd1
09-04-2008, 09:23 AM
As people are mentioning, get a upgrade at center, so Emeka wont have to play out of position. Nazr is solid, but he won't cut it anymore.

They should have drafted Brook Lopez instead of Augustine. Unless they are planning to trade either Felton or Augustine, I think that will be a mistake.

jgonboricua
09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
they should of drafted brook lopez...he would of fit their system perfectly, especially now that larry brown is making felton buy into his system

DerekRE_3
09-04-2008, 12:44 PM
As people are mentioning, get a upgrade at center, so Emeka wont have to play out of position. Nazr is solid, but he won't cut it anymore.

They should have drafted Brook Lopez instead of Augustine. Unless they are planning to trade either Felton or Augustine, I think that will be a mistake.

Drafting Augustine was a mistake. When I was watching the draft and after seeing Lopez fall I was like, YES!!! we are getting Lopez...then we draft Augustine :pity: I wanted the Kings to get Augustine...

But yeah the Bobcats need an upgrade at Center so Okafor can play PF, or get a PF that can score in the low post. They need a low post presence. Right now Gerald Wallace is their most effective scorer inside.

Everyone pretty much got it right...we need a star and a Center. The problem is, those two things are VERY hard to get in the NBA.

mrblisterdundee
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
The tandem of Richardson, Wallace, and Okafur should make the Bobcats better than many eastern teams. They are definitely more balanced than clubs like Orlando and Miami. Depth is one of their biggest issues. I think Adam Morrison is going to come up big as a sixth man after returning from his injury.