PDA

View Full Version : Does Brady have broken bone in foot?

socalpkrbkr
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
WEEI in Boston says that they are "hearing" that people familiar with an MRI taken on Tom Brady's foot says there is a crack in Brady's foot.

Before everyone gets excited, consider that the radio hosts admit in the preamble that they have no way to confirm that the news is remotely true and that it's third-hand information. Then they also point out Brady will play this week and if the Patriots were more concerned, they would have signed another veteran quarterback. Another foot injury is a concern for Brady, but a salacious "report" on WEEI isn't. Sep. 3 - 9:13 am et
Source: weei.com (http://audio.weei.com/m/audio/20825621/news_on_brady_s_injury.htm?pageid=966)

-rotoworld

DieHardColtsfan
09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
No1 will ever know!

Patsfreak1776
09-03-2008, 08:30 PM
My question is..Why didn't he get this problem foot looked at and dealt with during the offseason instead of galavanting around the world with Gis? You really need to start questioning his committment to football I think.

TheRedMarauder
09-03-2008, 08:52 PM
In a shockingly transparent moment, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said he expects Tom Brady (foot) to be "ready to go" against the Chiefs in Week 1. Brady was a full participant in Wednesday's practice.

"He's practicing and I expect he'll be ready to go," Belichick said in a conference call with K.C. media. Belichick added that Brady will practice all week. There was a wishy-washy Boston radio report that Brady has a cracked foot, but he seems certain to play in the drool-inducing matchup.

rotoworld

Celts22
09-03-2008, 09:02 PM
My question is..Why didn't he get this problem foot looked at and dealt with during the offseason instead of galavanting around the world with Gis? You really need to start questioning his committment to football I think.

Now i remember why i had you on my ignore list.

How do you know this didn't happen during pre-season/training camp? Do you know he isnt committed to football or just assuming because he has a famous girlfriend.

Kcfanbaby212*
09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
how can you even question bradys commitment?

cmoneytakemoney
09-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Why don't they sign a veteran and let Brady heal up til after the bye week. We basically have a cake walk except for the Chargers until after the bye. Chris Simms or Josh McCown could win the first 4 games with this Patriots offense. Kevin O'Connell probably could but, I highly doubt Cassell could beat a college team right now.

ProPoster
09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
It's actually O'Connell. We can scratch Culpepper off that veteran QB list now. I think if Brady truly believes hes good to go then hes gonna play. He wants to keep his consecutive starts record going and I don't think he wants to take any opponent lightly since losing the big one so he wants to make sure he leads the team if he believes he can physically handle it.

DaaBoTownSox
09-06-2008, 01:42 AM

So, he's not to have a life outside of football?

Shock & Awe....
09-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Why don't they sign a veteran and let Brady heal up til after the bye week. We basically have a cake walk except for the Chargers until after the bye. Chris Simms or Josh McCown could win the first 4 games with this Patriots offense. Kevin O'Connell probably could but, I highly doubt Cassell could beat a college team right now.

My only concern with that idea is how quickly could a QB pick up and run a different offense... Not a bad idea if this is the 2nd week of training camp.

Agree with your evaluation of Cassell...

The Intimidator
09-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Cassel sucks, we all know that. If Brady struggles in this game, which he won't, and seems to be favoring his foot, which he won't be, then I'll get worried. But until then, just STOP the speculation.