PDA

View Full Version : Which of these young PG's would you build your team around and why?

rico
09-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry im too lazy to get materials for people who dont know who the people are/stats etc.. just google them for info or youtube them for mix's.

After your vote please say who you voted for and why you chose them.

KeithLBC
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Sorry im too lazy to get materials for people who dont know who the people are/stats etc.. just google them for info or youtube them for mix's.

After your vote please say who you voted for and why you chose them.

Helps if you put a list of people up to vote for :p

n/m, you edited before I could post :D

I think the obvious answer for most here is going to be Rose. He was drafted first afterall ;)

rico
09-03-2008, 11:01 AM
you must of seen the thread prematurely. cant put the poll until after the thread.

I type pretty fast too so yeah heh its up :P

Sixerlover
09-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Derrick Rose. Best defender out of the three, and that is key at the PG position nowadays. And he also is a great ball handler and passer. Maybe not the shooter Jennings is, but as long as he'd have weapons he would be able to set them up perfectly.

ChitownbullsBG7
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Dont know, dont care. None of these guys have played in the NBA yet.

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
There all overrated at this point until they prove otherwise.

Rome
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Although none of them have touched the floor as NBA players, its safe to say rose will play a lot this season and Jennings and rubio will eventually be there as well. Ima go out on a limb and say Ricky rubio. For one he's not even 18 yet has been learning the game for quite some time now and has been playing against grown talented men. Theve compared him to pistol Pete and even though comparisons don't mean **** its still promising to hear. He played solid in gold medal game and showed signs of great leadership and the ability to play with the best at such a young age. And he's only going to get better. Obviously rose and Jennings are gonna be great but I just feel rubio will end up being better. Needs to improve his jumper, but who has a perfect jumper at 17. He'll work to improve all aspects of his game and eventually be a superstar and be a top point guard in the NBA for many many years.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2008, 12:53 PM
America has the most talent, and is the toughest place to play basketball. Derrick Rose has proven himself in the NCAA, which is second in America to only the NBA. Brandon Jennings may end up being as or more talented than Rose, but so far he has only proven himself at the high school level. Ricky Rubio is only 17 and might grow to be the most talented out of the three, but has only proven himself on the international level, which is better than high school and somewhat equivalent to the NCAA. For those reasons, I would build first around Derrick Rose, second around Ricky Rubio, and third around Brandon Jennings, because he has the most unknowns. It is a hard choice between Rose and Rubio, though.

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 01:03 PM
i also picked Rubio

although we haven't seen what any of them could do in the NBA...I've seen Rubio play, and Rose and Jennings play at Highschool/college. The reason i picked Rubio was because 1. he's so young and is learning 2. Kid is relentless on D..he doesn't stop moving...he can only get better

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I say Rubio also. He is the best defender out of them...and if you've seen him play, you would agree with that. He was the leader of his team at 17 years old. And, he has incredible court visions. When he develops his jump shot, and gets to the NBA, I think he's going to be a very very good player...probably all star material after a few years in the NBA.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't know anything about Jennings but Rose proved himself in the NCAA and Rubio has played well internationally....so out of those two Rose is bigger and seems to be a step ahead at this point....but Rubio man....looks just spectacular at times....Rose is more physical so i'll take him right now....but Rubio isn't 18 yet and he looks like he could easily stand out if the cards play out right....

CowboysKB24
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Hard to pick when you haven't seen them play a single game yet.

QUICKTRADE
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Rubio Will Be A Good Pg Because He's Big And Smart Boy But Needs His Shot To Be Polish

superkegger
09-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Rose, as he's the only one I've really ever seen play.

29$JerZ
09-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Probably Rose, Rubio and Jennings will be on bad lottery teams. Chicago is a perfect place for Rose if he pans out.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Probably Rose, Rubio and Jennings will be on bad lottery teams. Chicago is a perfect place for Rose if he pans out.

Yeah totally....Rose got a good situation....but then again....if both are in the draft next year....there really isn't a team out there that is just hopleless and without good young talent.....

zamudio_jorge
09-03-2008, 02:26 PM
just watching him playing in the oliympics and remember is 17 years old now training him with nba style.

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 02:33 PM
some of you say Rose is a good defensive player...I've seen him play but not THAT much...is he actually that good on D??

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
some of you say Rose is a good defensive player...I've seen him play but not THAT much...is he actually that good on D??

He is pretty good....

BowDown32
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
these guys are gettin overated right now.. I would take Rose cuz in the NCAA tourney he was dope. I think he played better than Rubio in the Olympics although he was against better competition. It's hard to say, but I'd take Rose knowing more about his game.

rico
09-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Hard to pick when you haven't seen them play a single game yet.

not in the nba, rose played in the ncaa so did jennings. and rubio was seen in the olympics.

or you could youtube clips although they are onesided at times.

Hawkeye15
09-03-2008, 07:27 PM
none of them have played an NBA game, tough one. I say Rubio, because he held his own as a child against Paul and Williams. And he is a steal machine. If Rose had a jumper, it goes to him. Jennings hasn't played against anyone.

Beno7500
09-03-2008, 08:28 PM
None of them. They have never played an NBA game. And I think Rose is very overrated.

rico
09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
i went with rose as well, even tho ricky rubio impresses the hell out of me.
jennings has some nice moves though and a jump shot. flashy passer.