PDA

View Full Version : If the Mavs had a Dirk, Vince Carter and Josh Howard Trio, how would they do?

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Let's say the Mavs were able to get Vince Carter from the Nets and that formed the trio of Dirk, Vince Carter and Josh Howard Trio on the Mavs. Just how good would they be together?

In order for that to happen, I'm thinking that the Mavs could give up 1st round picks next season and 2011 as well as contracts that expire in 2010 such as Stackhouse, George and Jones to the Nets, would the following team be good enough to win it all.

I know a thread similar to this was made, but it is is different from before. I'm trying to see how most feel the Mavs would do with the following lineup.

Lineup
Kidd/Terry
Carter/Wright
Howard/Green
Dirk/Bass
Diop/Dampier

Simply put, trying to form the Mavs into a similar type squad as the Celtics.

Dirk and KG
Vince and Pierce
Josh and Ray

Would that team be a favorite in the West? Would they be as good as New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio and the Lakers?

How would they do for the 2008-2009 season?

Tha Truth
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Probably the Finals at least.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Semi-Finals for me. I still like the Lakers/Hornets/Rockets better then them.

sulllysized
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Looks pretty solid to me. VC could be the second option behind Dirk and let Howard be the third option where IMO hes better suited. Id say Western Conference Finals.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Carter, Kidd, and Dirk can all distribute. Dirk, Howard, Carter, and Terry can all put up lots of points. It's a pretty good combination, if they toughen up on defense. I'd say that lineup is more of a foursome. You'd have to be mad not to put that team in at least the semifinals.

Tom81
09-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Western Conference Finals

JMan17
09-03-2008, 12:54 PM
mabye WC finals, but then they get beat by the lakers :)

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I said WC Finals..maybe not all the way because the West has crazy talent this year...but Dirk would have a lot of help with VC being the 2nd option..Howard can be the 3rd which is prob where he should because he hasn't been 2 reliable...VC and Kidd will have a natural chemistry from playing together b4..i think it would work out...but their bench would need 2 step it up

Rome
09-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Maybe the western conference finals. I'd have them top 3 seed. They'd be a lot better but I don't see that meaning automatically being the favorite in the west.

CowboysKB24
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
I said 1st round but I didn't think they would still have Kidd and Terry on the squad.
Also the Mavericks don't have DIOP anymore he plays for the nets. I think they would be good offensively but bad on the defensive end. They would go into the playoffs but I don't think they would win it all. No defense.

CowboysKB24
09-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Think about Dirk or Dampier guarding Duncan, Shaq, Amare, Boozer, Gasol, Bynum, Yao...domination still.

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Actually, they do have him. They signed Diop for the full MLE.

Sixerlover
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
:laugh2:

Love the random question. I don't know, conference is as far as they go probably. Still no answer for the Lakers

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 01:59 PM
:laugh2:

Love the random question. I don't know, conference is as far as they go probably. Still no answer for the Lakers

If our friend Senseking was here....he would absolutely tell you that Vince>Kobe....and that is answer enough.

superkegger
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Tough to say. It would be a good team, but its still not the most stacked team. They'd be legit title contenders, but so are like 8 other teams in the west. lol.

phillychi009
09-03-2008, 02:16 PM
It would make them maybe the 4-5 th best team in the west. I also think that they will never win it all with Dirk he is to much of a SISSY.

Lone Maverick
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
I think Western Conference Finals maybe beyond, but at least the semis.

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I said 1st round but I didn't think they would still have Kidd and Terry on the squad.
Also the Mavericks don't have DIOP anymore he plays for the nets. I think they would be good offensively but bad on the defensive end. They would go into the playoffs but I don't think they would win it all. No defense.

Where have you been? Diop was resigned by the Mavs.

BowDown32
09-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Vince and Dirk would still get eaten on the defensive end by KG and Pierce. Vince ain't nothing close to what he use to be.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
It would make them maybe the 4-5 th best team in the west. I also think that they will never win it all with Dirk he is to much of a SISSY.

They almost won a few years ago....

Shv21
09-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Vince Carter is long and forgotten...vince has lost it..he was never a good player..just a showtime at the beginning of his career..its over..Josh Howard is still up and smoking..forget about him..Dirk might be the only one.. They wont make the playoffs..

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Vince Carter is long and forgotten...vince has lost it..he was never a good player

If Vince isn't a good player than neither are guys like T-mac, Pierce, Kobe, Wade, etc. Because Vince's career numbers in the season and playoffs are as good as those guys.

yiformvp
09-03-2008, 04:18 PM
i lot of ppl hate on carter i know he didnt put up good numbers up last year but he was injured had an ankle surgery this summer and he nwill put up 25 5 AND 5 thats a good player put him on the mavs with kidd they would dominate championship

29$JerZ
09-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Jason Kidd
Vince carter
Josh Howard
Dirk Nowitzki
Desanga Diop

Interesting lineup

IDK about Top 5 but maybe the 6th

HoopsMachine
09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
They would be a good regular season team but in the playoffs I can't see them going past the 2nd round

rapswin98
09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
if lucky maybe the finals

fabian11593
09-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Conference Finals. If they could get another piece, then probably Finals.

ARMIN12NBA
09-03-2008, 06:52 PM
They can't give up their first round picks because they already have given up their 2008 and 2010 picks. The next first rounder they are allowed to give up is 2012.

HouRealCoach
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Yea they need to get him ASAP

Nets fan 93
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Let's say the Mavs were able to get Vince Carter from the Nets and that formed the trio of Dirk, Vince Carter and Josh Howard Trio on the Mavs. Just how good would they be together?

In order for that to happen, I'm thinking that the Mavs could give up 1st round picks next season and 2011 as well as contracts that expire in 2010 such as Stackhouse, George and Jones to the Nets, would the following team be good enough to win it all.

I know a thread similar to this was made, but it is is different from before. I'm trying to see how most feel the Mavs would do with the following lineup.

Lineup
Kidd/Terry
Carter/Wright
Howard/Green
Dirk/Bass
Diop/Dampier

Dirk and KG
Vince and Pierce
Josh and Ray

Would that team be a favorite in the West? Would they be as good as New Orleans, Houston, San Antonio and the Lakers?

Who would the nets get? lets be more realisitic now..:mad:

JJ_JKidd
09-03-2008, 09:05 PM
If our friend Senseking was here....he would absolutely tell you that Vince>Kobe....and that is answer enough.

I miss the guy though, hes just prolly lurking around in PDS with another username. :smoking:

i lot of ppl hate on carter i know he didnt put up good numbers up last year but he was injured had an ankle surgery this summer and he nwill put up 25 5 AND 5 thats a good player put him on the mavs with kidd they would dominate championship

Please,,,,,,,,,, Kidd and Carter produced absolutely nothing

And one more thing, numbers dont mean anything when your team is not accomplishing anything.

njnets
09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
i think the nets would ask for more. but maybe not since they would have the mavs 09 10 11 1st rounders to go along with their 1sts. if that trade were to go down, i can see them turning out like the blazers ...

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Lineup
Kidd/Terry
Carter/Wright
Howard/Green
Dirk/Bass
Diop/Dampier

Dirk and KG
Vince and Pierce
Josh and Ray

Great question. I think they would make it to the West Conference Finals against the Lakers. I don't think they would have enough to beat a healthy Lakers team. Kobe would be too much, and the low post play of Gasol and Bynum would also be a huge factor. Also, you have to consider benches, LA has a strong bench, the bench was huge in the playoffs. LA would prevail in a tight 7 game series.

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2008, 10:50 PM
If Vince isn't a good player than neither are guys like T-mac, Pierce, Kobe, Wade, etc. Because Vince's career numbers in the season and playoffs are as good as those guys.

You can't put Kobe and Wade in the same category as Vince Carter. What does that statement mean. I could find a guy with similar numbers to Shaq, but I wouldn't say he's on the same level as him. Kobe and D. Wade are on a completely different level then Vince Carter and T-Mac. T-Mac has never been out of the 1st round. Carter has only been to the second round. You cant compare numbers and just say someone is as good as another player. Many players have better numbers then Tim Duncan, but are they better? I hope you follow my logic. I respect your opinion, but this was off base.

Lakersfan2483
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Carter was on a team with J. Kidd and R. Jefferson and did absolutely nothing with that team of all-stars. They were all in the eastern conference and still were beaten in round 1. Carter has nice numbers, but look at his career games played in the playoffs and how his teams have faired. No excuses for him, he plays in the eastern conference.

bball1217
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
they would have as good as a chance to make the finals as the Rockets, Lakers and Hornets and a few others in the west...

The West is STACKED again.

dannyking18
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
no way you can make it threw out the finals if ur in west and dont have a solid Center who can score and rebound...mavs dont have a ligette center they may have scorers but if they go against hornets,hornets would tear them apart in th paint,along with rockets and spurs..but if they would really meet up the Lakers ,mavs would dissolve like butter in the paint.they dont have a smart high basketball IQ Center to contol the paint,because Gasol and Bynum will destroy them im not a lakers fan but its true..if you dont have two good centers than atleast just one ligette solid center if u dont bye bye,you wont make the western finals.!!!!:smoking:

dre1990
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
1st round exit

JordansBulls
09-03-2008, 11:18 PM
You can't put Kobe and Wade in the same category as Vince Carter. What does that statement mean. I could find a guy with similar numbers to Shaq, but I wouldn't say he's on the same level as him. Kobe and D. Wade are on a completely different level then Vince Carter and T-Mac. T-Mac has never been out of the 1st round. Carter has only been to the second round. You cant compare numbers and just say someone is as good as another player. Many players have better numbers then Tim Duncan, but are they better? I hope you follow my logic. I respect your opinion, but this was off base.

The point wasn't to say he was as good, but to clarify the comment made that he was never good. If his numbers rival those other guys then how could someone make a comment that he was never good? Basically they are implying the other players were never good either.

FromDallas
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Carter was on a team with J. Kidd and R. Jefferson and did absolutely nothing with that team of all-stars. They were all in the eastern conference and still were beaten in round 1. Carter has nice numbers, but look at his career games played in the playoffs and how his teams have faired. No excuses for him, he plays in the eastern conference.

In all fairness KG, Allen, and Pierce didn't do crap either until they were all put on the same team.

If this were to happen it would make the Mavs better however the West is still loaded. There is no guarentee where they would end up. It would give them a legit shot at the finals though.

dannyking18
09-03-2008, 11:28 PM
what are all you guys talking about?..you cannot go threw the finals if ur the mavs even with carter dirk josh n jkidd ur still missing a true solid ligette center...cant go threw the west with no well known center..you will crushed by...Gasol,Bynum(lakers).Yao ming,Scola(rockets)chandler,west(hornets)Aldridge, oden(blazz)

Boozerguy47
09-03-2008, 11:52 PM
They'd be pretty dang solid. With no injuries they'd could get to at least the Western Finals. Spurs aren't going to be very good much longer. Lakers would be their main competition. Followed by the Rockets, Jazz and Suns.

Vidball
09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Wow...that team would have absolutely NO D at all. I don't think they could beat L.A., HOU, SA, or NO so I will say a first round exit.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
They would be good to say the least.