PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers getting desperate?

Sports Illustrator
09-02-2008, 11:13 PM
A report from the Cleveland Plain Dealer has linked the Cleveland Cavaliers to free agent forward Juwan Howard. They cite his numbers from Houston two years ago - 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds in 27 minutes per game - and label him "productive." At 35, Howard is not exactly going to improve, and frankly he's one of the least productive players in the league regardless of what his numbers are. He doesn't defend, doesn't rebound well, and brings very little to the game beyond just what the box score says. There's a reason he sat at the very, very end of the Mavericks' bench last season. The Cavaliers are also interested in Lorenzen Wright, most recently of the Sacramento Kings. Wright had by far his most productive years as a member of the Memphis Grizzlies, when he nearly averaged a double-double in 2001-02 but then began to fall off dramatically.By the time he began his second stint as an Atlanta Hawk in 2006-07 he seemed to have very little interest in actually playing basketball. In 2007-08 he managed to appear in just 18 games. The fact that the Cavaliers are even rumored to be interested in either of these guys is a sure sign of desperation in Cleveland's front office. It's not clear why there's desperation - neither Howard nor Wright has any prayer of out-playing Anderson Varejao or Ben Wallace for minutes at the four, but we don't make up the news . . .we just write about it.

From Hoopsworld.com (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?STORY_ID=9893)

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
I really don't know how to react to this.

I know we need depth, but do we need a 35 year old veteran who is most definitely "over the hill".

Nets fan 93
09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
yeah thats pretty desperate imo

Sbank
09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
Cavaliers might be interested in them but it doesn't mean we accually go out and sign one of the two.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Cavaliers might be interested in them but it doesn't mean we accually go out and sign one of the two.

Well, if they are "interested" then I am pretty sure they intend on having him on the team.

Sbank
09-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Well, if they are "interested" then I am pretty sure they intend on having him on the team.

You could look at it that way but I don't see Cavaliers doing it though. The team can be interested on other teams players but does it mean we sign trade for that player? No. Same thing I saying with here. The cavalier probable are "interested" in Juwan Howard and Lorenzen Wright to add depth to our team need. I think Cavaliers getting desperate is take is more of the media thinking the team is when it could be looking at other options to fill the needs for our team.

shaka_kahn90
09-03-2008, 07:50 AM
just because they are "interested " in having him on the team doesn't mean they'll need or want him to play alot of minutes. Like it's been said thats just a move to get some depth and experience

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-03-2008, 09:32 AM
just because they are "interested " in having him on the team doesn't mean they'll need or want him to play alot of minutes. Like it's been said thats just a move to get some depth and experience

Obviously they aren't going to give him a lot of minutes.

Cavs_Fan24
09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
i wouldn't mind getting either of them...

IndiansFan337
09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
We're probably going to sign Lorenzen Wright to fill the role that Dwayne Jones filled last season & Scot Pollard filled before him.