PDA

View Full Version : #9 PF In The Game Today!

Mile High Champ
09-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... Pau Gasol took home the 8th spot ahead of David West and Antawn Jamiosn .... We now head to number 9!

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums...d.php?t=261272

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Pau Gasol
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

Lakersfan2483
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Rasheed Wallace is no. 9, he should be higher but because of his age and mentality he has fallen down the list. He is one of the most talented big men I have seen, he can do it all, but he doesn't have the personality to carry a team. Although, he's vocal with the refs, he doesn't have the mindset to be a no. 1 guy. He does not take over games and control games the way a 1 type of player does.

Mile High Champ
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
lets get lots of votes here...

Westbrook36
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Rasheed averaged 12/6 :laugh2: IMO Shouldnt even be on the list.

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 10:31 PM
i'd take jamison over all those players...he is a 20/10 player

RocketsRule
09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I'm gonna go with Antawn Jamison.

He is a highly underrated player, still being able to put up 20 and 10 if needed. He has a great shooting touch for a big man, being able to spread out the defense with his long range ability. Still has a solid post game, however, being able to attack you from the inside or out.

The only other candidate that has a chance would be David West. Great all around PF, who helped his team in the playoffs. However, I feel Jamison has done much more to deserve this spot, like carrying his team when both Jamison and Butler had injuries.

Zefflin
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I almost picked Sheed, but he's lost the fire. I pick Tawn.

JMan17
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Tawn, but Gasol is better then boozer dude, switch it.

Beno7500
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Antawn Jamison

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
^^ at Jman no hes not. your being biased as a lakers fan. boozer is better and beat him out fair and square in the voting by 20 votes

marvILLous
09-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Gotta be Jamison... double double machine who's a bit undersized for a PF but can also hit the three.. versatile player

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-03-2008, 12:19 AM
I vote for Sheed because of his insane D

nickymintz
09-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Gotta be Jamison or D-West

BOOZE'nMUSE69
09-03-2008, 12:53 AM

Nay, Gasol is different than Boozer. Neither play good defense (Gasol can block a few shots now and then but his position and physicality is horrid) but Boozer is a better rebounder and inside scorer. Gasol can pass and shoot free throws a little better than Booze, but thats about it. Boozer is better in my opinion.

IversonIsKrazy
09-03-2008, 01:12 AM
d-west wuz an absolute BEAST against tha spurs in tha playoffs.

LakerzDQ
09-03-2008, 02:58 AM
Rashard Lewis was/is a SF. he should've been in the SF poll, he would've beaten some of the guys including Odom and Prince.

Tom81
09-03-2008, 03:00 AM
David West

ertanozgur
09-03-2008, 05:37 AM
1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Dirk Nowitzki
5) Chris Bosh
6) Pau Gasol
7) Rasheed Wallace
8) Elton Brand
9) Carlos Boozer
10) Antawn Jamison

This list is better

amare#1
09-03-2008, 06:30 AM
Rasheed Wallace is no. 9, he should be higher but because of his age and mentality he has fallen down the list. He is one of the most talented big men I have seen, he can do it all, but he doesn't have the personality to carry a team. Although, he's vocal with the refs, he doesn't have the mindset to be a no. 1 guy. He does not take over games and control games the way a 1 type of player does.

Completely agree. Sheed's talent is phenomenal. IMO he has wasted much of his potential and had a career which potentially could've been a hall of fame career.

MOHA
09-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Zach Randolph

NYKnickFanatic
09-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeed.

innovator
09-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Rashard Lewis was/is a SF. he should've been in the SF poll, he would've beaten some of the guys including Odom and Prince.
shard played PF last season

innovator
09-03-2008, 07:35 AM
voted for jamison

antawn jamison
21.4 ppg 10.2 rpg
>
david west
20.6 ppg 8.9 rpg

$ NyC $
09-03-2008, 07:59 AM
its guaranteed either West or Jamison...i went with Jamison

pebloemer
09-03-2008, 08:20 AM

I am not sure you understand the format...

LakerzDQ
09-03-2008, 08:30 AM
shard played PF last season

and so...?

Gasol played C last season.
Odom played PF last season.
Aldridge played C last season.
Rasheed played C last season.

yeah, like I said. rashard could've made a top 10 list if he wasn't put into the PF poll. unfair?

Nets fan 93
09-03-2008, 10:31 AM
D-West. Had a better record than Jamison and also exceeded farther in the playoffs...

DeeJay
09-03-2008, 10:31 AM
West no doubt.

Mile High Champ
09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Question: It looks like a two man race here.. whoever the loser is of west and jamison, should I automatically make them the 10th player and go straight to the centers?

DeeJay
09-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me.

IndyRealist
09-03-2008, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=Mile High Champ;6511076]Question: It looks like a two man race here.. whoever the loser is of west and jamison, should I automatically make them the 10th player and go straight to the centers?[QUOTE]

Yup, I'd just move on, it's pretty clear who #9 and #10 will be.

Having said that Rasheed Wallace is a phenomenal talent, but he also self-destructs virtually every season. If he's not racking up technicals, getting ejected, and starting fights, then he's lackluster and playing like he doesn't want to be on the court. Pick your poison. His talent does offset his liabilities, but that would exclude him from the top 10, too many players have similar talents and fewer problems.

Antwan Jamison is my pick at #9, and he really should be higher than Brand. He's consistently a 20-10 guy, shoots the 3, defends at SG/SF/PF, and is the undisputed leader of his team. Arenas may get all of the hype, but Jamison makes his team work. And before anyone says that Gilbert makes him better, he was scoring more, rebounding more, and playing better defense while Arenas was out. He turned his team into a defensive stawlart that won some major games near the end of the season against the likes of the Celtics, Orlando, New Orleans, etc. No one wanted to see them in the first round of the playoffs.

DeeJay
09-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Sheed could qualify at C and he could easily make the top 10.

DreamShaker
09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Jamison....but not by much....

sulllysized
09-03-2008, 12:23 PM

Agreed. Lewis is not a true PF and should not of been on this list.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
20/10= Antwan Jamison

IndyRealist
09-03-2008, 12:40 PM

I don't think it matters. Rashard Lewis is neither a top 10 PF or SF. No way he could have cracked the SF list, Tayshaun Prince barely made it, and he has a ring, a gold medal, and a reputation as one of the best defensive SF's in the game.

sulllysized
09-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think it matters. Rashard Lewis is neither a top 10 PF or SF. No way he could have cracked the SF list, Tayshaun Prince barely made it, and he has a ring, a gold medal, and a reputation as one of the best defensive SF's in the game.

IMO hes better than Odom.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
^^ at Jman no hes not. your being biased as a lakers fan. boozer is better and beat him out fair and square in the voting by 20 votes

I'm a Blazers fan, and I also agree that Pau Gasol is better than Carlos Boozer. In the playoffs, Boozer was a total bust. On the other hand, Gasol was consistently the second best player on the Lakers behind the best shooting guard in the game. He helped turn around Los Angeles' season and take them all the way to the finals. I didn't see Utah make it to the finals. Maybe you're a biased Jazz fan.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2008, 01:04 PM
IMO hes better than Odom.

It's a miracle every night that Rashard Lewis is able to put up 20 points for the Magic, or grab even seven rebounds, or get three assists. Lamar Odom might be overrated, but other than a slight Lewis scoring advantage, he puts up better numbers across the board. Odom is just more versatile, and Lewis is just so under-productive for his hype.

JMan17
09-03-2008, 01:05 PM

nah its the truth, unless you want to watch the playoffs where gasol completey crushed boozer again. boozer plays no D (even though a bad*** like he is he should but doesn't) and boozer is not a better rebounder, i might be a laker fan but i would still rather have gasol then boozer. 7'0 PF vs 6'9 PF, BOOK IT.

Tom81
09-03-2008, 01:25 PM

if Lewis is not PF same Jamison

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Lewis played small forward. Jamison can play sf, and played some when he was in dallas, but is more of a power forward than Lewis is.

CowboysKB24
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
How is Carlos Boozer and an injured Elton Brand ahead of David West and Jameson?
West put up better number than KG and Gasol last year. I think David and Jameson should be ahead of Gasol, Brand, and Boozer.

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
If numbers were all that mattered, then Zach Randolph would also be a top 3 pf...but it's not all that matters and I'm happy that Zebo isn't even in the top 10. KG is a better defender, and all around player, than West is. IDK how Brand is ahead of everyone even though he is coming off an injured year, but when he is not injured, he is an incredible pf.

CowboysKB24
09-03-2008, 01:35 PM
I'm a Blazers fan, and I also agree that Pau Gasol is better than Carlos Boozer. In the playoffs, Boozer was a total bust. On the other hand, Gasol was consistently the second best player on the Lakers behind the best shooting guard in the game. He helped turn around Los Angeles' season and take them all the way to the finals. I didn't see Utah make it to the finals. Maybe you're a biased Jazz fan.

The only thing Gasol showed me in the playoffs is that he is really soft and when he plays against good competition he usually doesn't get the best of them. I am hoping with Bynum return which forces Gasol to move to the PF spot Gasol will perform better in bigger games.
He was nowhere to be found in any of the series really except the Denver series where he had one big game. I am not saying he played bad but you have to elevate your game once playoff time comes and I don't think Gasol played that well.

CowboysKB24
09-03-2008, 01:36 PM
If numbers were all that mattered, then Zach Randolph would also be a top 3 pf...but it's not all that matters and I'm happy that Zebo isn't even in the top 10. KG is a better defender, and all around player, than West is. IDK how Brand is ahead of everyone even though he is coming off an injured year, but when he is not injured, he is an incredible pf.

West was on the second best team in the Western Conference. He is a big time player. I liked what I saw him doing against Tim Duncan. He played great defense against the best PF in the league.

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Duncan isn't the best pf in the league, at least from my POV considering every team he has played on has had an incredible supporting cast with usually at least one other all star on the team. So West played well against TD...that's one player. When he can play good defense night in and night out like KG, then I'll say he's a good defender. Don't get me wrong, West is an incredible PF also, but I don't think he's a top 5 PF yet...

phillychi009
09-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Isn't Rasdard Lewis a SF

J-Relo
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Jamison>West

Rome
09-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Naturally he is but played the PF position a lot last year I believe.

I got west for 9. he'll be top 5 soon enough.

IndyRealist
09-03-2008, 02:46 PM
How is Carlos Boozer and an injured Elton Brand ahead of David West and Jameson?

Hype.

Nexus
09-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Hmmm...21.4 and 10.2 with Antonio Daniels feeding you the ball

OR

20.6 and 8.9 with Chris Paul feeding you the ball

I think I'll go with Jamison...seven days a week

BowDown32
09-03-2008, 03:09 PM
West was huge in the playoffs and that guy is as underated as they come. Jamison is money too, I just like West's game a little more. My vote was for West, but Jamison is gettin my #10

jgonboricua
09-03-2008, 03:19 PM
wallace is a center and rashrd is a sf...

_Sn1P3r_
09-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Hmmm...21.4 and 10.2 with Antonio Daniels feeding you the ball

OR

20.6 and 8.9 with Chris Paul feeding you the ball

I think I'll go with Jamison...seven days a week

Good point. CP is the only other scorer for NOH and Jamison has two other people that can score. Really close but I voted for Jamison.

pebloemer
09-03-2008, 04:29 PM
wallace is a center and rashrd is a sf...

McDyess started at center and Wallace at PF for the year.

Rashard started at PF all year. Turkoglu started at SF.

Ryan328
09-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Jamison or West? This was close, but I went with Jamison. West had a great run in the playoffs, but I feel Jamison is the better all around player.

I Am Awesome-O
09-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Did someone actually vote for Luis Scola?

Nighthawk
09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I went with Sheed...I know he wont win but im sorry West/Jamison are not better than Sheed. If i had to make a team i would def want Sheed over any of them.

Nighthawk
09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Did someone actually vote for Luis Scola?

:pity:

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
You are hugely mistaken if you think that West nor Jamison is not better than Sheed right now. Sheed is a good power forward, def. top 15, but I do not think he belongs in the top 10...

Vinny642
09-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Dude shut up Gasol is baby skin soft

bogdanrom
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
D-West. Had a better record than Jamison and also exceeded farther in the playoffs...

We are not comparing their teams. We are comparing the players themselves. Jamison > West. Jamison had no CP3 and still had better stats.

Vinny642
09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Jamison only got better stats because Hornets got a couple different scorers and they don't only use two players to score, but they only use 1 guy to get rebounds and thats Chandler, who gets rebounds for Wizards well if not Haywood then its Jamison. Without stats who would win a one on one???
WEST

Nighthawk
09-03-2008, 06:05 PM
You are hugely mistaken if you think that West nor Jamison is not better than Sheed right now. Sheed is a good power forward, def. top 15, but I do not think he belongs in the top 10...

Are you kidding me?? Sheed is KG minus the intenisty and with a 3 point shot. He has gotten older but hes still waay better than west or jamison. I personaly dont like Jamison. but yeah sheed is much better. It doesnt matter though dude. What do these polls really prove? PSD is filled with Homers. PSD posers dont have b-ball knowledge.

knicks1214
09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
How can Sheed be better than both of them? Dude, I have disagreed with you before but some of those things were justifiable. This isn't. Sheed has averaged more than 8 rebounds TWICE in his career and has averages of 15 and 7. Saying he is like KG is ridiculous. Let's compare.
KG: Athletic, consistent, great defensive player, great scorer, great rebounder, great court vision
Sheed: Good 3 point shooter (kinda streaky), good scorer, horrible rebounder for a PF, gets way to emotional and gets technical fouls because of him "not fouling" or him "getting fouled," average defender, and bad passer.
Saying Sheed is like KG minus the intensity is not only dissing KG but it also gives people a reason to say other stupid things like Deshawn Stevenson is like MJ but without the rings, offensive prowess, defensive stopper mentality that Jordan had, athletic ability, and court vision...

JMan17
09-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Dude shut up Gasol is baby skin soft

well that baby skin soft kicked boozer's *****

Hawkeye15
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
how did Gasol beat Jamison? It shows you how many Laker fans are on these boards. I won't even bother going into stats, and consistency. Look them up for yourselves.

skyhibballpj87
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
QUOTE=Nets fan 93;6510987]D-West. Had a better record than Jamison and also exceeded farther in the playoffs...[/QUOTE]

west had a better record cause he had a better team. he had chris paul tyson chandler peja morris perterson and a deep bench.

who did jaminson have all season uhh antino daniels, steveson and brendan haywood yes theres an all star team he had butler for alittle but he was in and out all season. and arenas was out for the whole season. So i think west may have had alittle more help. thats like saying Ray allens the best shooting guard because he beat out kobe in the finals. West did good in the playoffs for sure but he had the team to do it. wizards were even lucky to make it to the playoffs and its because of jaminson they made it. he carried that team west helped contribute but he had alot of help. I like david west just as much as the next guy but jaminson is a 20 10 guy basically was the only star on his team for the whole season and stepped up his game to get his team in the playoffs all at the age of 32. most players at the age of 32 are on the decline but jaminson had his best season. I give jaminson alot of credit and def deserves the # 9 spot if not higher. Sheed could be there but hes lost alot of his fire. vinny how can you say sheeds better the guy has never averaged 20 and 10 like jaminson. hes a streaky shooter and has a bad temper and plays hard only when he wants to. jaminson plays hard night in and night out he had no time to slack off becuase of the absence of the 2 star players and he still average a decent amount of points even with arenas and butler on the court. sheed can play defense when he wants and is a good player when he wants to be but until he keeps his mouth shut stops making stupid guarntees he wont be taken seriously. and the past couple years his stats have dropped tremendously. last season he averaged 12 and 6 please and his playoff stats were 13 and 6 uhh six rebounds sucks for a pf and jaminson is 2 inches shorter and he averages 4 more boards explain that too me please. explain to me how sheed is better then jaminson. sheed in the past 5 years has only averaged over 15 pts one time. shooting no more then 44 percent not mention all the technical fouls he gets.

"Are you kidding me?? Sheed is KG minus the intenisty and with a 3 point shot. He has gotten older but hes still waay better than west or jamison. I personaly dont like Jamison. but yeah sheed is much better. It doesnt matter though dude. What do these polls really prove? PSD is filled with Homers. PSD posers dont have b-ball knowledge."_________________

so your sayin a guy whos averages 12 and 6 is better then a guy who averages 21 and 10 and your claiming we have no basketball knowledge any one else find that alittle strange?

ARMIN12NBA
09-03-2008, 08:04 PM
how did Gasol beat Jamison? It shows you how many Laker fans are on these boards. I won't even bother going into stats, and consistency. Look them up for yourselves.

I did and Jamison shoots an ugly 43% from the field. Gasol is better than Jamison.

dre1990
09-03-2008, 08:07 PM
jamison then rasheed

Hawkeye15
09-03-2008, 08:46 PM
I did and Jamison shoots an ugly 43% from the field. Gasol is better than Jamison.

one stat. Nice job. How about the fact the Pau had NEVER averaged 10 rebounds a game. Or the fact that Pau has 2 seasons, in his entire career, where he averaged more than 19.6 ppg, which is Jamison's avg, which figures in those first couple of years when you don't play a ton. Please. Jamison is better.

bogdanrom
09-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Jamison only got better stats because Hornets got a couple different scorers and they don't only use two players to score, but they only use 1 guy to get rebounds and thats Chandler, who gets rebounds for Wizards well if not Haywood then its Jamison. Without stats who would win a one on one???
WEST

I think you forgot to mention the fact that West has some guy named CP3. Arguably the top PG in the NBA. Plus at worst West is second option on offense. Same with Jamison last year, and he did better. One on one I still say Jamison.West doesn't have enough defense to stop Jamison, and once West realizes he doesn't have Chris Paul he won't do ****.

BigEric
09-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Id take Antawn.

innovator
09-04-2008, 01:53 AM
one stat. Nice job. How about the fact the Pau had NEVER averaged 10 rebounds a game. Or the fact that Pau has 2 seasons, in his entire career, where he averaged more than 19.6 ppg, which is Jamison's avg, which figures in those first couple of years when you don't play a ton. Please. Jamison is better.

we are not talking about careers we are talking who is better right now, and lets see jamison play behind kobe lets see if he can still average 20 ppg, i still voted for jamison though but GASOL is better than JAMISON

LakerzDQ
09-04-2008, 05:29 AM

43% shooting for a powerforward is horrid. like, seriously, I wouldn't want him to take many shots, cuz he's just gonna miss all of them. Pau Gasol has a very high field goal percentage. Gasol also has twice as many assists as him. wow, a bad chucker and a bad passer as well? I don't wanna jump into conclusions but... yeah.

The one time that Antawn Jamison actually averaged a good shooting percentage, was when he averaged 14.8 points and 6.3 rebounds.

Gasol's a better rebounder. is this not the 1st time Jamison averaged 10 rebounds? Gasol averages more rebounds throughout his career.
blocks, it's not even close. Jamison blocks less shots than a guard. Gasol averaged 1.5 blocks this season, 1.8 blocks career.

Antawn Jamison's better at shooting 3's, but that's what the guards are there for. He's better at steals, okay. Gasol's better at shooting Free throws, okay.

ah, the big stat, PPG. Antawn Jamison wins right? okay, but really, Gasol has 53% field goal percentage, Jamison has 43% field goal percentage. I'm not sure, but I'd rather keep the 10% shooting differential rather than the 2.5 points that can easily be scored.

defense? is Jamison really that much better? Gasol's a softie huh, it's easy to say that when Gasol faced CAMBY, BOOZER, DUNCAN, and GARNETT in the playoffs, while nursing a sore back. Nobody in the Lakers had to work harder than him in the playoffs. but at least he didn't go into the playoffs shooting a pathetic 40.8% while scoring 16.8 points, against Varejao and the washed down Wallace. haha, seriously?