PDA

View Full Version : My Prediction for 08-09 Season

star
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Just thought i would write about how i envision the Raps season this upcoming year. I am going to be as realistic as i always am ... and those of you who get offended and are sensitive well, might as well stop reading ;)

First 20 Games - Raps Are 14 - 6

Lineup through most of these games

JO
Bosh
Bargs
Kapono (out played parker to earn it)
Calderon

Bosh is struggling and off to his usual slow start to the year, maybe its the team USA games that tired him out or lack of complete focus but he is putting up about 16 - 8.

O'Neal is actually tearing it up 24-10 + 2.5 blocks over the 1st 20 games, he is excited to be on the team and is feeling healthy. Raps fans all love him and he plays inspired DEFENCE at the ACC and gets the crowd in a frenzy. Has almost a Garnett type impact on team D attitude.

Calderon is doing well - same clip as when TJ went down last year - playing well distributing and working hard

Kapono is on FIRE - avg 16 PPG - he is benefiting HUGE from the doubles on Bosh and JO (he has been starting at 2 gaurd after brilliant play)

Bargs - Solid at C and PF benefiting from playing PF and from playing against other teams 2nd string ... solid numbers 14-5 and really confident. JO has inspired some toughness in him and he is throwing his body around a bit. Actually plays so well that he cannot be a backup b/c not enough mins so they start him at SF.

REST of TEAM UNREMARKABLE (this means not overly great but nothing bad either)

Games 20 - 50 Raps regress to 8W-22L ; 22W - 28L OVERALL

Lineup

JO
Bargs
Moon
Parker
Calderon

Around Christmas/New years Bosh misses a stretch of 10 games to heal his plantar fasciitis
They have their out west road trip and get spanked as always

Bargs fills in for Bosh at PF and excels (in a losing effort) 22 - 6 as a starting PF (along with JO @ C).

Kapono cools off cause Bargs cant demand the double that bosh did and cant pass out of it either.

Parker into starting lineup but no very consistent - use adams at times

JO is struggling a bit in bosh's absence because Bargs is not rebounding the ball well enough and JO is taking a nightly beating down low. After the Bosh misses some games JO tries to do too much and does not have the help and injures himself (over use injury - lower back) Misses 15 games.

When JO goes out Bargs has to play starting C and team struggles b/c no rebounding/interior presence.

Jawai shows he is still raw and has trouble with fouls and staying on the court. Hump is decent in a back up role but overall team play without bosh/O'Neal goes down (they arent BOTH out together for more than a few games though).

REST UNREMARKABLE

Games 50 - 82 Raps catch FIRE 22W-10L; 44W-38L OVERALL

Raps team comes back from injury

JO is 100% healed 18-12
Bosh is MVP form again 22 - 10
Bargs is back at SF 16-6
Kapono hot and open at 3pt - 18ppg
Calderon is playing brilliant as usual

Raps Finish as 44W and 38L
Finish 6th Seed:
BOS
DET
ORL
CLE
PHI
TOR
ATL
CHI

ROUND 1 - We draw Orlando - and with JO (experience + size) we contain howard and free up bosh - who cannot be gaurded by anyone on their roster. Bargs (who is now USED TO) playing SF does a better job defensively and uses his size and posts up against the smaller SF's.

Raps win in 6

Round 2 - We get DET

They are older and slower (plus they made a few deals during the year that didnt pan out as well). They are weak in the middle and JO and BOSH dominate the paint in the playoffs. Our youth and hunger plus the ACC and PALACE (because its close) is full of raps fans going bananas

Raps win in 7!

We are out of round 2 and against BOS ... i dont want to jinx it ... so ill stop there. But lets just say i like our front court VS BOS front court ... rondo vs calderon - no chance rajon ... our wings are shiiit but ....

Peace

jrice9
09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Really inconsistent Raptor team. I personally dont think Bosh will miss any time but I think JO misses about 20 games

Dol-Fan
09-02-2008, 11:16 PM
First part was completely unnecessary. Come on now.

Now let me pick apart your post,

You tell me Kapono can't defend the 3 and you put him in as our SG? With Bargs as our SG? The goal of the offseason was to improve the defense, not destroy it. Moon will start at SF, Parker will start at SG, Bargs and Kapono will pick up 20-30 MPG in backup roles at various positions.

The rest of your predictions are interesting, certainly not something one would expect however the unexpected often happens so I respect the fact that you went out on a long, LONG limb. Personally, I don't think Bosh will start out slow, I think he'll come out still on the high from the Olympics and be tearing it up.

Interesting to say the least.

bidi_nash
09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I think instead of having a couple highs and lows they will hover around .500 for most of the season and make a strong push towards playoff time and momentum will take them past the first round and that's it

GCOOKIE7
09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
wowzers
i think bosh will actually have a great start this season
even if his stats don't suggest

Tha Truth
09-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Bosh and J.O are PUMPED so I think they will both get off to a great start.

reevanson
09-03-2008, 12:27 PM
i actually really like this analysis, your conclusions are well thought out. I may not completely agree with everything but each of your thoughts seem to make sense. The only thing I do disagree with is I do think bosh will start the season decent,I dont think he is going to be the amazing superstar everyone is hoping he will because of the olympics. I think he gained some confidence but I dont think he improved his skills much. Everyone is talking about his D, but I dont think it is going to change much, it may be a bit better but that was his role on team USA his perceved roll on the raps is the go to guy. I dont think Kobe is all of the sudden going to be a pass first guys in LA just because he was uncharacteristicly unselfish at the Olys.

killersweet
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
If raptors actually move to the 2nd round, Iíll be stunned!

Beach Rock
09-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Nice story. Quite entertaining...pumped for the season now. Write another one a little closer to the start of the season...haha. Bargs at the 3? I've always thought that he could but that it only works if they commit to it 100%. Bouncing back and forth(the 3 and the 5)and he's gonna be in for another long season. Fun post though!

hades
09-03-2008, 01:23 PM
good analysis.

tho im not sure they would play bargs at 3 a lot. maybe on some occasions... i see the coaches develop bargs more on the 4 and 5 spots (backing up both bosh and JO) rather than the 3. and i do see what you see on kapono avging 16ppg with bosh and JO healthy. but i think they will slightly be better than your 44 wins. i see the raptors going 47 to 48.

_Sn1P3r_
09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Interesting speculation. I personally think/hope we won't go on 8-22 drought. Also, If Detroit made a trade that didn't pan out too well, how are they the number 2 seed?

Marius
09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
I just hope we aren't as inconsistent as you predict. Man, my TV cannot take another remote to the face :D

AK-50
09-09-2008, 03:12 AM
I just hope we aren't as inconsistent as you predict. Man, my TV cannot take another remote to the face :D

ahahah you should see my walls

reevanson
09-09-2008, 02:37 PM
ahahah you should see my walls

and my kid.....haha...jk

GCOOKIE7
09-09-2008, 04:08 PM
what doucher made this stupid @$$ post
HATERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Bricklayer
09-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Great post star, even though i disagreed with most of it, very entertaining.

IversonIsKrazy
09-09-2008, 06:41 PM
50 win season, capture 5th.

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Detroit
4. Orlando
5. Toronto
6. Philly
7. Wiz
8. Miami