PDA

View Full Version : Bears wave zachary bowman

SandyMoger
09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
the patriots were trying to trade up on day 2 to draft him and the bears just put him on waivers. I see the patriots putting a claim on him. Thoughts?

kbjohnson26
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
I remember hearing that. I wouldnt be surprised if they miss out. Its so hard to look at the waiver claim process when your team has the has pick. So If no one else puts in a claim... then who knows.

Shock & Awe....
09-03-2008, 12:20 AM
practice squad?

cmoneytakemoney
09-03-2008, 01:04 AM
practice squad?

Are you dumb dawg?

Shock & Awe....
09-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Are you dumb dawg?

Why do you ask?

Is it because I was curious as to whether a player like this would get added to our practice squad? A rookie the Patriots were interested in is now available... You were so smart, you forget to inform me why that question is dumb? Maybe I need to start using terms of affection like "dawg" to be considered smart.....

y2shoes
09-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Know what college Bowman went too. He is tall so it would help plus who knows if he makes the practice squad in a few years we could have the best corners in the league. Yes i said it!!!
Any chance we pick up another wideout or do you thing Washington is gonna be a bigger part of the offense?

ZHawk1123
09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Why do you ask?

Is it because I was curious as to whether a player like this would get added to our practice squad? A rookie the Patriots were interested in is now available... You were so smart, you forget to inform me why that question is dumb? Maybe I need to start using terms of affection like "dawg" to be considered smart.....

Owned. :clap:

Shock & Awe....
09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Owned. :clap:

Love the sig

Shock & Awe....
09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Know what college Bowman went too. He is tall so it would help plus who knows if he makes the practice squad in a few years we could have the best corners in the league. Yes i said it!!!
Any chance we pick up another wideout or do you thing Washington is gonna be a bigger part of the offense?

I can't tell if you're trying to make this a satire or if you're being serious....
But, let's not get too crazy saying Bowman is going to be great someday. The Bears know what they're doing in terms of drafting and evaluating DBs. They've got a handful of very talented guys in Vasher, Tillman and Brown and even McBride played well when injuries pushed him into a starting role last year. And I, of course, need to bring up names like Jerry Azumah and Corey Graham because they represent my alma mater. My point is that all these players were evaluated, drafted and developed by the Bears. If the Bears didn't see something in Bowman, there's a good chance he'll never become one of the "best corners in the league." But, I still wouldn't mind putting him on our practice squad because there's a chance he could someday be a productive player. Who knows....

In terms of adding a WR, I don't see it happening unless someone nice comes along. Right now the Pats have 8 WRs on their roster (albeit 3 or 4 are primarily there because of special teams.) The top 3 are obviously Moss, Welker and Gaffney. So, Washington could be the 4th guy mixing it up with Sam Aiken and CJ Jones. It should be interesting to see what they do.... But, I can’t see them justifying adding a 9th receiver to the roster (unless they go and cut someone, of course.)

PS: Bowman went to Nebraska.

y2shoes
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
You never know though the bears do a great job grooming dbs but this kid is tall and maybe a year guarding Moss during practice could help him become good enough to contribute in nickel and dime packages next year. Plus we run a different defensive system than chicago so maybe he might pick up our defense better you never know.
I thought they cut Aiken is he any good i have no idea what that guy is gonna bring to the team but we will see.

Shock & Awe....
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
You never know though the bears do a great job grooming dbs but this kid is tall and maybe a year guarding Moss during practice could help him become good enough to contribute in nickel and dime packages next year. Plus we run a different defensive system than chicago so maybe he might pick up our defense better you never know.
I thought they cut Aiken is he any good i have no idea what that guy is gonna bring to the team but we will see.

Absolutely.... that's why I wouldn't mind stashing him on the practice squad. Aiken is still on the roster (according to ESPN and Patriots.com) and everything I've read about him suggests he's primarily a special teams guy. I'm not real sure what he can contribute at the WR position... his past stats don't suggest much. As I stated earlier... it should be interesting to see what they do there.

kbjohnson26
09-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Aiken actually looked pretty decent as a WR in training camp. His route running was good and hands looked pretty solid. But obviously his spot was solidified with his Special teams play.

I havent heard anything new on Bowman, so its pretty safe to say that the Pats didnt pick him up on the practice squad. He probably just slid onto the Bears Practice Squad.

Shock & Awe....
09-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Aiken actually looked pretty decent as a WR in training camp. His route running was good and hands looked pretty solid. But obviously his spot was solidified with his Special teams play.

I havent heard anything new on Bowman, so its pretty safe to say that the Pats didnt pick him up on the practice squad. He probably just slid onto the Bears Practice Squad.

It's good to hear that Aiken is looking good. I just am hesitant because he played for Buffalo the last couple years and they've seemed desperate for WR help. If he couldn't find his way onto the field as a WR then.... I just have my concerns.

Good call on Bowman... he was added to their practice squad last night.