PDA

View Full Version : Memories from the 07-08 Season

_Sn1P3r_
09-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm actually not sure if there's a thread like this so if there is, please just merge them. If not, then great. :) So, to past a little bit of time during this offseason, recall some memories by the Raptors from the 07-08 season. It could be anything, from wins to even losses. If you have a video, then feel free to post them.

I'll start. One memory was Calderon's and1 lay-up against the Celts in their homecourt for the lead with just seconds left. Then I remember Ray missing the close jumper which looked like it was going in. My heart stopped beating until I saw the ball hit front rim. It was a great win for us last season.

That was one of mine, now let's hear yours.

pebloemer
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I'll start. One memory was Calderon's and1 lay-up against the Celts in their homecourt for the lead with just seconds left. Then I remember Ray missing the close jumper which looked like it was going in. My heart stopped beating until I saw the ball hit front rim. It was a great win for us last season.

That was one of mine, now let's hear yours.

That was also mine. I actually skipped class just so I could go to Boston Pizza and watch the game. Best class I ever skipped. Definately highlight of the year for me.

Also, I think it was the third game against Orlando of the season, maybe the final game. I remember Bosh being so dominant and Calderon hitting huge shots and making a beautiful alley-oop pass too Moon when it looked like he was about to shoot it. I almost **** myself.

_Sn1P3r_
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Lol

Oh, was it when Bosh dropped 40 points and Dwight had like 36? ^

jrice9
09-02-2008, 05:49 PM
I remember that loss to boston in game three of the regular season still. Ray Allen draining the clutch three If they had won that game what would have happened?

bidi_nash
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM
^^ Ya that was brutal hen i still wasnt sure how good boston was going to be

_Sn1P3r_
09-02-2008, 06:14 PM
I remember that loss to boston in game three of the regular season still. Ray Allen draining the clutch three If they had won that game what would have happened?

Yea that really was a heartbreaker. If we had won, I don't think much would've changed.

jrice9
09-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Yea that really was a heartbreaker. If we had won, I don't think much would've changed.
It set the tone for the next two losses against boston. Hey if we win that one and maybe a couple more games off momentum we could have played Cleveland instead of Orlando.

stillio
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
One of my favourite memories of the 07/08 season was the game in Washington where we made a VERY similar comeback to the game in the 06/07 season ("Miracle Mo Shot"). I swear, in the last minute or 30 secs of the game in the 07/08 version, the sequences we're strikingly similar (Raps down by 5, hit a 3, foul shots for Wash where player misses 1 FT, Raps quick 2, foul on Wash, Wash hits FT, 5 secs left and game-tying 3 to go to overtime). The best part for me personally was during the final moments, I was recalling everything that happened the year prior and was calling out what would happen next, while not really expecting it to really happen but as each play unravelled to my "predictions", the more excited I got. And it was perfect that AP was the one to hit the three as he was probably the closes to Mo-Pete on the team. Too bad we lost in OT....

AK-50
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
i gotta go with the road wins vs the Celtics and Spurs two teams im not too fond of and we beat them on their own courts :D

pnutbuttanjelly
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
new years eve game at new orleans when Moon took it from the left side of the three point line drove it in and took off almost as far as the free throw line and dunked it. another one would be the double overtime against portland. last one all the jamario moon dunks check this out

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=UatBtBqrqxI

check out#5

pebloemer
09-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Lol

Yup. Bosh dropped 40 points on 14-16 from the field and 11-11 from FT.
Calderon had 19 points and 13 assists with one turnover.
Delfino had a huge game off the bench with 23 points and Moon had a nice game with 17 pts and 12 rbnds.

Dwight had 37 points and 15 rebounds on 13-16 shooting (well dunking).

pebloemer
09-03-2008, 09:44 AM
new years eve game at new orleans when Moon took it from the left side of the three point line drove it in and took off almost as far as the free throw line and dunked it. another one would be the double overtime against portland. last one all the jamario moon dunks check this out

check out#5

The Portland game was my third favorite game of the year. So exciting, great basketball.

Win against Boston was #1
Win against Orlando was #2
Win against Portland was #3

That is how I would rank the games last season.

Bob_at_york
09-03-2008, 10:09 AM

check out#5

Those were some good games. The portland one went on forever.

Some not so happy memories was when TJ went down with the injury. That was a scary day. Then there was when he freaked out in Utah.

Tha Truth
09-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Lol

I remember that game because I was there.

Crazy game.

I think Howard had like 36 pts with like 18 rebs or something.

Tha Truth
09-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Another memory was when when Toronto got robbed in Atlanta.

That amazing inbound play that they drew for T.J.

It was an alley-oop to T.J and he layed it in but the scorekeepers started the clock early and the basket didn't count.

The game went into OT and Toronto ended up losing.

mjt20mik
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM

check out#5

You know you have hops when..

Lebron moves out of the way when your going to dunk..
lol

_Sn1P3r_
09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Lol. ^

_Sn1P3r_
09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Another memory was when when Toronto got robbed in Atlanta.

That amazing inbound play that they drew for T.J.

It was an alley-oop to T.J and he layed it in but the scorekeepers started the clock early and the basket didn't count.

The game went into OT and Toronto ended up losing.

I remember that. I heard that on the radio coming home from basketball practice. After seeing the highlights, that should've counted. Too bad Toronto didn't challenge that.

bidi_nash
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
ya true i remember that ther was 0.5 seconds left and when t.j. touched it there was already 0.4

iHop
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
AP Buzzer Beater against Washington
........too bad we lost that game

IversonIsKrazy
09-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Anthony Parker drilling the 3-pointer against tha wizards at Washington to go 2 overtime.

huidogg
09-04-2008, 02:31 AM
Anthony Parker drilling the 3-pointer against tha wizards at Washington to go 2 overtime.

yah tat was cool

huidogg
09-04-2008, 02:32 AM
Hi all, the biggest memory that I have of last year' season is how we got dominated and beaten by a magic team in 5 games that we were all hoping for to face before the post season begins. What I learn from the playoff was High expection = high disappointment. Moreover, the results shows that in reality we were just not good enough for the top dogs of the east. Another memory of last year was how bargani offically turn into a bust. That was one hack of a memory, everyone expect that he will surpass his first year, but he regressed big time. Another memory of last year was the raptors end up a disappointing 41-41 .500 record, where most of the fans were predicting that they will do ALOT better. So yah from last year' season, i learn to not have high expectation, since high expectation = high disappointment. So yah i won't be as hype this year as i am last year and i won't hav alot expectation. So here you go, those were the memories i had for the 2007-2008 campaign~

star
09-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Hi all, the biggest memory that I have of last year' season is how we got dominated and beaten by a magic team in 5 games that we were all hoping for to face before the post season begins. What I learn from the playoff was High expection = high disappointment. Moreover, the results shows that in reality we were just not good enough for the top dogs of the east. Another memory of last year was how bargani offically turn into a bust. That was one hack of a memory, everyone expect that he will surpass his first year, but he regressed big time. Another memory of last year was the raptors end up a disappointing 41-41 .500 record, where most of the fans were predicting that they will do ALOT better. So yah from last year' season, i learn to not have high expectation, since high expectation = high disappointment. So yah i won't be as hype this year as i am last year and i won't hav alot expectation. So here you go, those were the memories i had for the 2007-2008 campaign~

wow bitter attitude ;) ... i love it

I have to agree my biggest memory is also getting spanked in 5 games and our "best in leauge PG duo" getting destroyed by Nelson and our WHOLE team for that matter getting blown out.

Frank Costanza
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Anyone here remember the sunday 2OT thirller against Portland, Moons blocks, Roys three from 10 feet out, the four point play , and the raps walked home with the W and this was during thier "unbeatable streak"

Game 3 against ORl and the boston game with ray-rays clutch 3 are etched in my mind

Bob_at_york
09-04-2008, 09:58 AM

Some of those aren't really memories and a lot of it could be debated. But I will say this, I told everyone here that their expectations were too high and that with everyone hoping for Orlando, I told them, "be careful what you wish for!"

ink
09-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Some of those aren't really memories and a lot of it could be debated. But I will say this, I told everyone here that their expectations were too high and that with everyone hoping for Orlando, I told them, "be careful what you wish for!"

I remember you saying that. But I'm not sure we would have made it out of the first round against anyone. I'm hoping for a lot better post-season this year and I'm very hopeful about JO and our much-improved front court.

My favourite memory from last year was the win against the Hornets in NO.

Bob_at_york
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I remember you saying that. But I'm not sure we would have made it out of the first round against anyone.
I don't know about that. If we weren't facing Cleveland instead of Orlando then I don't think Sam would attempt that studpid starting lineup that screwed us in the playoffs.

Beach Rock
09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Anyone here remember the sunday 2OT thirller against Portland, Moons blocks, Roys three from 10 feet out, the four point play , and the raps walked home with the W and this was during thier "unbeatable streak"

Game 3 against ORl and the boston game with ray-rays clutch 3 are etched in my mind

Yeah...fun game. I also loved the boston game when Jose kept at the end for the and 1 on the drive! Bargs had 20 and the raps shot the lights out winning 114-112 or something. Loved it!

_Sn1P3r_
09-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Don't forget Delfino was 5/5 from 3.