PDA

View Full Version : Final Grade on the Offseason

Sixerlover
09-02-2008, 09:48 AM
The Marshall signing probably is the final move of the 1st Eddie S offseason in Philadelphia. What is your grade? Could we have improved anything else? Did we sign someone you didn't like? Did we trade someone you didn't like?

Before
Andre Miller/Louis Williams/Kevin Ollie
Willie Green/Rodney Carney
Andre Iguodala/Thaddeus Young
Reggie Evans/Jason Smith/Lou Admunson
Samuel Dalembert/Calvin Booth
and a boatload of cap room

After(projected)
Andre Miller/Louis Williams/Royal Ivey
Andre Iguodala/Willie Green
Thaddeus Young/Kareem Rush/Donyell Marshall
Elton Brand/Reggie Evans/Maresse Speights
Samuel Dalembert/Theo Ratliff

MylesKong
09-02-2008, 09:54 AM
I think this is the best off-season of my Sixers fanhood (I'm 30). Look at the 12th man line-up Ed acquired this summer.
Ratliff
Speights
Marshall
Rush
Ivey

That is not bad. Looks like some Hawks starting fives.

A-

If we could have just moved Green over Carney...
I would have given him an A+

FNM BOY
09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
^^Yeah I agree...if Ed was somehow able to get rid of Green along with our acquisitions....he would have gotten an A+

Starting Lineup:
Miller
Iggy
Young
Brand
Dalembert

Reserves:
Lou Will
Evans
Rush
Ivey
Speights
Marshall
Ratliff
Green.....our team is very soild. I think looking at this roster plenty teams are scared in the NBA.

phillychi009
09-02-2008, 10:11 AM
A- The only reason i don't give an A+ is cause Willie Green is still on this team. I haven't been this happy with a 6ers offseason in a long time. This will be a great year.

ttam68
09-02-2008, 02:20 PM
People need to get over the Willie Green thing.

A-

But not because I like trashing one of primary bench players, but rather because we overpaid Iggy and maybe even Brand. The trades and signings were good but not steals or anything. So, it could've been better. But I think this is basically a best case scenario.

phillyphan4ever
09-02-2008, 02:26 PM
A

DR.J9
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
A-

This may be one of the most active offseasons one of my teams had for a while. Every move Ed made was awsome

Bdiddy3883
09-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Eddie gets an A, the 1st productive off-season for the sixers in a while.

BADizzleBoY
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
People need to get over the Willie Green thing.

A-

But not because I like trashing one of primary bench players, but rather because we overpaid Iggy and maybe even Brand. The trades and signings were good but not steals or anything. So, it could've been better. But I think this is basically a best case scenario.

:nod: Amen brother, you are my new favorite sixer fan.

AirJordanXVIII
09-02-2008, 04:21 PM
A-
Filled almost everything....
Only thing I could complain about is that we didnt get a like a real real true 3 point shooter. Rush and Marshall should be fine though.

Iversonfan4life
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
heres a question......
wat teams starting 5 can the sixers bench compete with or flat out beat?

flyinhawaiian
09-02-2008, 04:41 PM
F... for ****ing great

monkeyboy
09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
A i would give it a plus but they didnt get an pure 3-shooter however there werent non avalible so that why i didnt give them an minus

AirJordanXVIII
09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
You guys cant really cant complain about Willie still being on this team...

Carney >>>> Willie and the T'Wolves understood that...

Ed tried to trade for a 2nd rounder to pick up Jordan, Chalmers, or CDR but Willie wasnt getting him ****.

Shieldsz
09-02-2008, 06:12 PM
A instead of A- for a few reasons:

1.) We did exactly what we needed, and more.
2.) When was the last time we had a good offseason? That alone gives us a positive.
3.) We STACKED our bench and brought vet leadership
4.) We got a player that looksl ike a future stud, Speights in the draft.
5.) We have a team that can contend and looks like it will mesh well.
6.) Re-signed Iggy AND Lou for long term.
-------------------------------
Washes:
We kept Green but he won't get nearly the amount of playing time as before. He's good when getting few minutes. Luckily we had Speights, we also brought over Marshall + Theo as well.

All i have to say is.. great job ed. Seriously, Sixer fans love you right now. Which really isn't easy.
------------------------------
Negatives:
We could have done a TAD more int he draft IMO. Just getting a 2nd for CDR would have been nice.
We lost Jason Smith for the season.. not Ed's fault of course but just a bad mark on the offseason i guess.

Very few negatives.

Fred
09-02-2008, 07:03 PM
A
this team is not exactly the Sixers of Fo-Fo-Fo, Dr J an Mo Cheeks...but, they can score and defend and have some veteran leadership.....#3 or #4 in the conference with the possibility of going higher than that....

sixer04fan
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
do you think willie green realizes how much he's hated by us?

A by the way

Westbrook36
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
A.

I actually Like Green now. Hes not going to be starting and we only need First Half Willie. If he starts then hes crap. He can add some shooting and scoring too.

simmons1017
09-02-2008, 10:02 PM
How could you NOT rate him in the A range?

FKD215
09-03-2008, 08:50 AM
It's hard to know until the games are being played, but on paper, a definite A. This team is light years better than last year (even if we maybe did overpay a little). I can't wait until it starts.

Sixerlover
09-03-2008, 11:56 AM
heres a question......
wat teams starting 5 can the sixers bench compete with or flat out beat?

No one. That's why they are a bench, and the players on the other team are starters. Because they are better. Lou Will / Willie / Rush / Reggie / Theo couldn't beat any starting 5 in the NBA. But that still is a good bench

Fred
09-03-2008, 01:20 PM

A by the way

I don't think that he can read...he certainly does not follow coaches direections....

JtotheMurphy
09-03-2008, 02:24 PM
How can you not give them an A. The biggest complaint is Willie. I think Ed hears/understands many of our stances and that is why he doesn't comment on him too often. At least he is buried on our bench. I don't think you can complain about a bench player who has the ability to score the way he does though. Plus, Willie is a decent player, just by no means a starter. Due to our roster last year he was placed in that position. He made the best of it and had a career year. Hopefully, when his contract is up, he goes to another team that needs an offensive-minded SG and puts up good numbers again. It's kind of a shame that we put down the players who put it all out on the line for us......but then again we're Philly.

PhillyFan04
09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
i give Ed and his staff a A+ for this offseason from Draft to Free Agency :clap:

pa the nigan 14
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
a big fat A+.

Mrphilly
09-05-2008, 12:25 PM

A by the way

Im sure he cries every night, because some losers that probably couldnt make a layup if their life depended on it, TYPES how much they hate him.

Im sure the respect of his teammates goes a longer way than the opinion of a few forum posters!

A is the grade, now hopefully its followed by an A+ season.

AirJordanXVIII
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
I dont HATE Willie. ALthough I've probably said it, its just me saying it.... I just dislike him. Like I give him respect that he has a talent of scoring in the 1st quarter. I just dislike everything else he does.

Five4One
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
A, added depth and three point threats along with a superstar.

AirJordanXVIII
09-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Lol. Why'd you put superstar last..

BADizzleBoY
09-11-2008, 06:19 PM
yeah, this forum has some weird obsession with green, it is kind of ******** tbh, I am sure only like a couple of people don't like willie, i think a lot of people who say the don't like him are just saying it to follow along. I like Willie personally, he is a good shooter with a lack of vision, he can't hurt us by not starting, he will be a very nice player to our strong bench

I'd give them an A-.

BChydro86
09-12-2008, 01:59 AM
all my friends hate willie green too. ive never heard anyone outside this forum say anything positive about him. seriously.

JtotheMurphy
09-12-2008, 08:41 AM
I feel bad for Willie. Think about his face for a minute. Damn, he keeps his head high even with all the things we say. You have to respect the man for that. Hell, we can't even take one criticism about one of our opinions withouts freaking out.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-12-2008, 09:26 AM
your team gets a+ don't worry if yar get anything from kareem rush green won't play.

FNM BOY
09-12-2008, 09:37 AM
all my friends hate willie green too. ive never heard anyone outside this forum say anything positive about him. seriously.

You know what would be funny....if Green happens to have a career year. It would be hard but we would have to give him his props LMAO...i highly doubt it though!

BChydro86
09-12-2008, 10:08 AM
^^^ i wouldnt. besides....how good could a career year from willie green actually be?

Fred
09-12-2008, 01:32 PM
^^^ i wouldnt. besides....how good could a career year from willie green actually be?

a career year for him would be like a good 7th man for others....

ttam68
09-12-2008, 01:34 PM

Considering he gave us 12.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, and 2 apg in 26.6 mpg, on 43.6% during a season when you guys claimed he was the worst in the league -- I think he could get 16 ppg, 3.5 rpg, and 4 apg on 46% during a "career" year.

Not that he will but you act like he's ****ing Josh McRoberts or something. The man contributes every game.

Syoma
09-12-2008, 02:56 PM
A + Ed has done a great job this off season upgrading this team making us into a championship caliber team. Brand, Ivey, Marshall, Rush, Ratliff are all good additions especially Brand who's a great addition. We now have more depth and better 3 pt shooting. This team is a top 3 team in the East and will compete for the title.

Syoma
09-12-2008, 02:58 PM
your team gets a+ don't worry if yar get anything from kareem rush green won't play.

Correction Green will play. I don't understand why so many fans hate him for example I'm not a big fan of his but he does contribute as he did last year avg. 12 ppg. and this year off the bench he will get mins. and he will contribute.

BChydro86
09-12-2008, 03:45 PM
willie green couldnt make a layup in traffic to save his mothers life.

the end.

AirJordanXVIII
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Layup in traffic is ****ing hard.... I'd like to see you try that sometime.

BChydro86
09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
im not a professional basketball player.

ttam68
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
willie green couldnt make a layup in traffic to save his mothers life.

the end.

Yeah so that's why he started for a playoff team and averaged 12.4 points, 3rd on the team. Get over it.

BChydro86
09-12-2008, 07:34 PM
^^^you clearly never watched him play. he was the worst player on the roster the last 2 seasons, and the worst starter in professional basketball.

JtotheMurphy
09-13-2008, 08:16 AM
he is also very ugly.

AirJordanXVIII
09-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Your going strictly off stats and 43% is not as bad as we thought it was. His career % is 41%.... You know who else is shooting 41% for his career? Kirk Hinrich. Get over it.

MagicBucsSox
09-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm a magic fan n I live here a the Philly area. U guys made alotta moves I'll admit,can't wait to check out some games (especially nov26) but PLEASE stop all this talk like brand is a savior and yall like a top5 east team cause ur not(bos,det,orl,cle n was) brand is a solid pf.SOLID!!!! He not gon propel u guys to not conference finals n I'm not hating I'm just growing board of the "brand" slogan all over town. Now with the roster u guys got if u then added a SCORER! then u guys be trouble I'll admit, look out ai#3 I think may return after the season

Ps iggy is a friggin better player than martin u serious??? Iggy plays d and is a handle and consistent j from being big time. Ya I know u see martins stats on sportscenter here n there 40 here 45 next night just remember he's on the freakin kings!!! He has no responsibilty they suck he can just shoot away.

BChydro86
09-13-2008, 11:13 AM
stop defending willie green. hes an aweful professional basketball player.

hes never done anything good for this team ever. hes cost us so many games with his irradic shooting, inability to finish, and who can forget the black hole he is on offense.

Famous03
09-13-2008, 11:14 AM
give these people A+

MagicBucsSox
09-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Ps gradeB+

BChydro86
09-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm a magic fan n I live here a the Philly area. U guys made alotta moves I'll admit,can't wait to check out some games (especially nov26) but PLEASE stop all this talk like brand is a savior and yall like a top5 east team cause ur not(bos,det,orl,cle n was) brand is a solid pf.SOLID!!!! He not gon propel u guys to not conference finals n I'm not hating I'm just growing board of the "brand" slogan all over town. Now with the roster u guys got if u then added a SCORER! then u guys be trouble I'll admit, look out ai#3 I think may return after the season

Ps iggy is a friggin better player than martin u serious??? Iggy plays d and is a handle and consistent j from being big time. Ya I know u see martins stats on sportscenter here n there 40 here 45 next night just remember he's on the freakin kings!!! He has no responsibilty they suck he can just shoot away.

if u honestly believe that washington, and cleveland are better than the sixers....then ur ridiculous. cleveland is overrated because they got lebron....but they are a fraud team with no real chance in hell...same with washington.

you also greatly underrate elton brand.....he is a former MVP candidate, you just dont know how good he is because he missed most of last season and has played on the clippers for most of his career.

sixers are def top 4 in the east...and i believe detroit is finished....and their head coach is a joke. and as for ur orlando magic....theyre good, but you have no D (except maybe pietrus now)...id say the sixers and magic will finish 2 and 3 in the conference (assuming boston is #1) because i think detroit is gonna decline to the 4th or 5th seed.

your right....iggy is a handle and a consistent J away from being big time., but he doesnt have those things yet. also he needs to get more aggressive in attacking the rim and take less crappy jumpshots. and until iggy does those things....kevin martin will be a better player.

Syoma
09-13-2008, 03:06 PM
if u honestly believe that washington, and cleveland are better than the sixers....then ur ridiculous. cleveland is overrated because they got lebron....but they are a fraud team with no real chance in hell...same with washington.

you also greatly underrate elton brand.....he is a former MVP candidate, you just dont know how good he is because he missed most of last season and has played on the clippers for most of his career.

sixers are def top 4 in the east...and i believe detroit is finished....and their head coach is a joke. and as for ur orlando magic....theyre good, but you have no D (except maybe pietrus now)...id say the sixers and magic will finish 2 and 3 in the conference (assuming boston is #1) because i think detroit is gonna decline to the 4th or 5th seed.

your right....iggy is a handle and a consistent J away from being big time., but he doesnt have those things yet. also he needs to get more aggressive in attacking the rim and take less crappy jumpshots. and until iggy does those things....kevin martin will be a better player.

Only morons would think Cleveland and Washington are better than the 76ers. Cleveland is a 1 man team and that man happens to dislike Cleveland in every way showing signs he will leave for either NY or NJ. W/o Lebron Cleveland is right down there with the Knicks. Washington always has injury problems and one of the big 3 is bound to get hurt and if that team loses to the Cavs every season in the playoffs then the 76ers will have no problem with them. Brand isn't just a " solid " PF hes an all star PF that avrg. 20 and 10 for his career and thanks to him and the depth of this team the 76ers are a top 3 team in the East end of story anyone who fails to see that is a moron.

BADizzleBoY
09-13-2008, 03:18 PM

you should move from philadelphia, if you are a philly native, it is basically a rule that you don't diss your hometown team. Leave. Move to orlando

AirJordanXVIII
09-13-2008, 08:11 PM
stop defending willie green. hes an aweful professional basketball player.

hes never done anything good for this team ever. hes cost us so many games with his irradic shooting, inability to finish, and who can forget the black hole he is on offense.

Did you not read my post? Hinrich is shooting 41% career from the field, and you consider him a stud.

BChydro86
09-13-2008, 08:55 PM
have u fallen so low that u have to compare kirk hinrich to willie green? dude...get real.

07MVPPatBurrell
09-14-2008, 01:47 AM
A, great offseason.

BADizzleBoY
09-14-2008, 02:37 AM
^ ilu :love:

AirJordanXVIII
09-14-2008, 04:51 PM
have u fallen so low that u have to compare kirk hinrich to willie green? dude...get real.

I'm not comparing ****. But when you call WIllie Green the worst player in the league, and Hinrich a stud, it pisses me off.

BChydro86
09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
kirk hinrich is good at everything a PG should be good at. willie green is bad at everything a 2-guard should be good at.

JtotheMurphy
09-14-2008, 08:51 PM
I wonder what Steve Mix would have to say about this....

Liney3506
09-14-2008, 09:50 PM
That Heinrich isn't a stud.

Mrphilly
09-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Dont you guys know that Hydro doesnt even believe the B.S that comes out of his mouth. Arguing is a waste of time, especially when he says "willie is the worst player in professional sports". Then turns around and calls the Bulls BACK UP PG A "STUD".

Also what is up with the guy that keeps calling him Ugly? I think you may watch basketball for a different reason than the rest of us.

Mrphilly
09-14-2008, 10:37 PM
he is also very ugly.

So murphy, I guess you like your players to handsome????

BADizzleBoY
09-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Dont you guys know that Hydro doesnt even believe the B.S that comes out of his mouth. Arguing is a waste of time, especially when he says "willie is the worst player in professional sports". Then turns around and calls the Bulls BACK UP PG A "STUD".

Also what is up with the guy that keeps calling him Ugly? I think you may watch basketball for a different reason than the rest of us.

Actually I think Hydro is right usually, especially as of late. and i support him 100% on this one, i think calling willie the worst in the nba is a bit of a stretch, but he is on the right track. and yes hinrich has so much potential, he just is in the wrong scheme in chi-town

Mrphilly
09-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Actually I think Hydro is right usually, especially as of late. and i support him 100% on this one, i think calling willie the worst in the nba is a bit of a stretch, but he is on the right track. and yes hinrich has so much potential, he just is in the wrong scheme in chi-town

Well this is what this forum is for, to debate, argree and disagree. His opinion on you willie is not a bit of a stretch, its just flat out ignorant, but he is entitled to that opinion.

As for Hinrich, potential doesnt mean ****, you can have all the potential in the world, but these players are judged on their production. Hinrich is a good guard, but he is nowhere near a stud.

BChydro86
09-15-2008, 01:42 AM
first of all...hinrich was not the bulls "back up" as mrphilly says. hinrich was the starting PG and team captain the last 4 seasons.

also....i believe everything i say. just because u dont agree or think im just trying to be controversial doesnt make sense. i hold my opinions too strongly (probably stronger than i should) to just speak nonsense for no reason.

MylesKong
09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
kirk hinrich is good at everything a PG should be good at. willie green is bad at everything a 2-guard should be good at.

hahaha...hydro's the man!

JHG722
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
We actually have TOO much depth.

Sixerlover
09-15-2008, 02:55 PM
^ Not a bad problem to have at all.

JtotheMurphy
09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Mr. Philly. I hate baskets....but I love balls.

MagicBucsSox
09-15-2008, 04:46 PM
hahaha wow u Philly fans are ridiculous, since wen was elton brand an MVP canidate????? A clipper was never a canidate like now u guys make up his hype, and so u kno I'm from LA I move to Philly two years ago n Elgin brand is solid and kevin martin is irrelevant
and Cleveland is over overrated? Haha ya with only the same team who was on the finals 2yrs ago n mo Williams improves them
and Philly better than Orlando? Haha ya donyell Marshall even would find that funny

JHG722
09-15-2008, 04:51 PM
hahaha wow u Philly fans are ridiculous, since wen was elton brand an MVP canidate????? A clipper was never a canidate like now u guys make up his hype, and so u kno I'm from LA I move to Philly two years ago n Elgin brand is solid and kevin martin is irrelevant
and Cleveland is over overrated? Haha ya with only the same team who was on the finals 2yrs ago n mo Williams improves them
and Philly better than Orlando? Haha ya donyell Marshall even would find that funny

Next time, try writing a coherent sentence that isn't riddled with grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Thanks!

MagicBucsSox
09-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Wow u guys really have faith in elton brand? Elton brand? Dude on a bum knee he was no piece of dwight Howard n my team we bust yall ***** last yr
4-1 n we gon sweep yall in the season this year, we're a true pf and a trade to rid of yall boy jameer bum nelson away from being a problem to the league. Yall not a top team can one guy who's solid I kno u saw what Boston did but that's kg, yall got Elton brand
ps u Philly ppl I notice don't like the truth so u. Attack ppl personally who would think a city that's never won a thing since (what 83?) would be so caring of winning

JHG722
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Bye bye baiter.

FNM BOY
09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow u guys really have faith in elton brand? Elton brand? Dude on a bum knee he was no piece of dwight Howard n my team we bust yall ***** last yr
4-1 n we gon sweep yall in the season this year, we're a true pf and a trade to rid of yall boy jameer bum nelson away from being a problem to the league. Yall not a top team can one guy who's solid I kno u saw what Boston did but that's kg, yall got Elton brand
ps u Philly ppl I notice don't like the truth so u. Attack ppl personally who would think a city that's never won a thing since (what 83?) would be so caring of winning

So I guess the Magic have won a championship since its inception???? hahahaha JOKES!!!!

AirJordanXVIII
09-15-2008, 08:13 PM
first of all...hinrich was not the bulls "back up" as mrphilly says. hinrich was the starting PG and team captain the last 4 seasons.

also....i believe everything i say. just because u dont agree or think im just trying to be controversial doesnt make sense. i hold my opinions too strongly (probably stronger than i should) to just speak nonsense for no reason.

You do know team captain means nothing. Eric Snow is the co-captain of the Cavs. It just means your the "leader"...

And you keep not replying. Willie shoots 41% for his career and Hinrich does too. What do you have to say about that?

MagicBucsSox
09-15-2008, 08:43 PM
no we havent won a championship n we aint been around 100 yrs like yall either. We been lhere since 89 baby

JHG722
09-15-2008, 08:44 PM
no we havent won a championship n we aint been around 100 yrs like yall either. We been lhere since 89 baby

Well congratulations on having no history whatsoever...

BChydro86
09-16-2008, 09:51 AM
You do know team captain means nothing. Eric Snow is the co-captain of the Cavs. It just means your the "leader"...

And you keep not replying. Willie shoots 41% for his career and Hinrich does too. What do you have to say about that?

what can i say? shooting percentages dont lie. although ud have to be an idiot if u think kirk hinrich is as bad of a shooter than willie green.

BChydro86
09-16-2008, 09:57 AM

elton brand was an MVP candidate about 3 seasons ago when he took the clippers to the playoffs for the first time in like 20 years or something.

cleveland is a joke and mo williams is an average PG at best.

philly and orlando will be close.....i think ur just being a little ridiclous now buddy.

dude.....ur already making urself look like u dont know anything because elton brands knees are fine. he has never had knee problems in his whole career.

also, how did u beat us 4 games to 1? we only play you guys 3 or 4 times.

im not gonna attack u personally, but ur making it hard because u type/speak very poorly.

BADizzleBoY
09-16-2008, 05:44 PM

1. Thank you, you orlando fans are quite rediculous as well (Due to the fact you all can't spell.)
2. Elton Brand, if you actually watched basketball for 12 years as I have, was an MVP candidate in the 04-05 season when the Clippers were in the playoffs, he finished 5th in mvp voting.
3. What is this "ELGIN BRAND"? Sounds like a cleaning material.
4. Yeah, I thought everyone knew that.
5. Reference to number 1, and also I am seriously considering if you know what the NBA is or not, Cleveland is a totally different team since then.
6. So would Pat Garrity.

BADizzleBoY
09-16-2008, 05:51 PM

1. Here we go again :sigh:
2. Yes, yes we do.
3. Thats cool, we took Detroit to 6 games, you only took them to Four. Why are you comparing Dwight to Elton? No one even brought that up...
4. Seriously, take speech class.
5. :pity: You are random as well.
6. :guns: I am attacking you personally? When did Orlando when anything? Ohh yeah, you guys won a chip back in the 93-94 season, when Jordan was out of the league.

JHG722
09-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Jamar Wilson is the man.

BADizzleBoY
09-16-2008, 06:02 PM
:nod: indeed

JHG722
09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Are you an Albany fan or something? I got to watch him beat up BU. Ugh.

BADizzleBoY
09-16-2008, 06:22 PM
no he is on my sim league team , & I <3 him

BChydro86
09-16-2008, 06:57 PM
1. Here we go again :sigh:
2. Yes, yes we do.
3. Thats cool, we took Detroit to 6 games, you only took them to Four. Why are you comparing Dwight to Elton? No one even brought that up...
4. Seriously, take speech class.
5. :pity: You are random as well.
6. :guns: I am attacking you personally? When did Orlando when anything? Ohh yeah, you guys won a chip back in the 93-94 season, when Jordan was out of the league.

uhm....dream and the rockets won the chip that year. sorry.

the magic have no rings.

and just for the record....jordan being out of the league doesnt make the 2 championships the rockets won any less significant. its not like the league stops on account of michael jordan.

BADizzleBoY
09-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I swear that I remember the magic getting one championship, I am pretty sure they made it there though, regardless it proves my point.

BChydro86
09-16-2008, 07:14 PM
yeh, they played the rockets in the finals.....and dream beat the crap out of shaq and swept the magic.

BADizzleBoY
09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
^ yeah, i knew that they got there

MagicBucsSox
09-17-2008, 07:02 AM
man I gave u guys your props on a hell of an offseason. I'm simply saying calm down with all the hype like elton brand gon save the franchise. And the spelling errors, for those who have iPhones(do not buy) know it spells out letters and words u dont write.

But ya i lived in LA all my life til 2yrs ago and with him i know what yout team getting and if you guys believe brand your "5th in MVP voting 3-4 yrs ago" is gon have u 2nd in the east over us then just know I'm saving this convo n come end of April I'm a post it back up for you guys.

But make no mistake I didn't come on yall forum to role you guys up i got a life I just had a comment some idiot took wrong and I came here to show u guys love on ur improvements like I did the clipp fans. Cause my team sure aint make no moves, kinda hatin cause elton be way better off with us but it is what it is but nov26 magic @Philly I'm there

But

MagicBucsSox
09-17-2008, 07:03 AM
*I meant rile not role

MagicBucsSox
09-17-2008, 07:03 AM
*I meant rile not role

BChydro86
09-17-2008, 10:52 AM
dude...u can have ur opinion, and ill have mine.

the problem is u were a jerk about it for no reason.

personally i think the sixers are better than the magic. as a magic fan u should think differently. but u cant come here and de-value our players especially since u have no basis in the first place. brand was a top 5 PF in the league before the achilles injury.

1. Tim Duncan
2. Kevin Garnett
3. Chris Bosh
4. Amare Stoudemire
5. Elton Brand

*yes i did leave dirk off my list....because as ive said 100x i dont like soft *** PFs who take jumpers instead of playing inside like they should.

Sixerlover
09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
^ I can agree with that list. And I agree 10000000% with Dirk.

JHG722
09-17-2008, 02:23 PM
man I gave u guys your props on a hell of an offseason. I'm simply saying calm down with all the hype like elton brand gon save the franchise. And the spelling errors, for those who have iPhones(do not buy) know it spells out letters and words u dont write.

But ya i lived in LA all my life til 2yrs ago and with him i know what yout team getting and if you guys believe brand your "5th in MVP voting 3-4 yrs ago" is gon have u 2nd in the east over us then just know I'm saving this convo n come end of April I'm a post it back up for you guys.

But make no mistake I didn't come on yall forum to role you guys up i got a life I just had a comment some idiot took wrong and I came here to show u guys love on ur improvements like I did the clipp fans. Cause my team sure aint make no moves, kinda hatin cause elton be way better off with us but it is what it is but nov26 magic @Philly I'm there

But

Love? You just go around trolling. All of your posts are garbage troll posts...If you dont think he's an MVP candidate, great. We're certainly allowed to think so. He's uninjured, and ready to go. No reason he cant.

MagicBucsSox
09-17-2008, 03:05 PM
now he's better than dirk n boozer? Ok I'm done here you guys are completely off the reservation over elton brand

Sixerlover
09-17-2008, 03:08 PM
now he's better than dirk n boozer? Ok I'm done here you guys are completely off the reservation over elton brand

Is he not better than Boozer? Because I believe that he 100% is better than Boozer. Boozer has to give a lot of his credit to Deron Williams and Mehmet Okur for being who he is. Okur allows him to freely work in the post without a potential double team because he is on the wing, and Deron is the #2 PG in the L, and plays a great part in making Boozer the 20/10 guy he is. Plus his defense in BEYOND terrible.

I'm biased against Dirk's style of play for his position, so I won't agrue that one.

JHG722
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Dirk is the epitome of an offensive player. There's a difference between being a great all around player, and a great offensive player.

BADizzleBoY
09-17-2008, 03:21 PM
exactly, and that guy is just trolling philadelphia sports teams, he did it in the eagles forum, idk about phillies

AirJordanXVIII
09-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I hate Dirk. At least theres people here that agree with me. Just a jump shooting PF that gets his rebounds from being tall.

Liney3506
09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I hate Dirk. At least theres people here that agree with me. Just a jump shooting PF that gets his rebounds from being tall.

I dislike Dirk as well. Stupid German bastard. NAZI!

MagicBucsSox
09-18-2008, 01:18 PM
lemme guess better than gasol n David west too

Sixerlover
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
David West??? Hell yes. You keep naming these players who are products of their team. Where was David West at before Chris Paul came along?? I'll wait. He's a major product of his PG. The whole PSD site agrees with us on this one (go look at the NBA forum's top 10 voted PF's).

I can respect Gasol because he took a cast of nobody's to the playoffs in the West a couple times.

MylesKong
09-18-2008, 02:02 PM
David West??? Hell yes. You keep naming these players who are products of their team. Where was David West at before Chris Paul came along?? I'll wait. He's a major product of his PG. The whole PSD site agrees with us on this one (go look at the NBA forum's top 10 voted PF's).

I can respect Gasol because he took a cast of nobody's to the playoffs in the West a couple times.

Pau Gasoft? I'd take Elton over him any day. I think Kobe would too.
David West? I think West gets the nod. He's younger and does A LOT of the same things Brand does. He's not a product of his system. Paul has nothing to do with that medium range jumpy West has or his toughness.

Sixerlover
09-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Pau Gasoft? I'd take Elton over him any day. I think Kobe would too.
David West? I think West gets the nod. He's younger and does A LOT of the same things Brand does. He's not a product of his system. Paul has nothing to do with that medium range jumpy West has or his toughness.

David West is 28, Elton is 29. Not much of an age difference.

And Paul has a lot to do with West getting many of his points. Those drive and dishes help him out a lot. Enough for him to average 17 ppg,18 ppg, and 20 ppg since Paul's came into the league as opposed to the 3 ppg, and 6 ppg he averaged before Paul.

BADizzleBoY
09-18-2008, 05:12 PM
lemme guess better than gasol n David west too

why are you so damn random?

MylesKong
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
David West is 28, Elton is 29. Not much of an age difference.

And Paul has a lot to do with West getting many of his points. Those drive and dishes help him out a lot. Enough for him to average 17 ppg,18 ppg, and 20 ppg since Paul's came into the league as opposed to the 3 ppg, and 6 ppg he averaged before Paul.

I stand corrected. I didn't know West actual age...just knew he hasn't been in the league for more than 5-6 years. I just assumed he was like 25-26. In his 3rd season his minutes doubled so that may have something to do with increased output. Paul is a beast and he's going to make anyone better, but West has to make those shots. With all that I reconsider and I take Elton over West. I didn't know he was such a late bloomer. Elton's been a beast from the jump.

AirJordanXVIII
09-18-2008, 10:10 PM
I knew West always had the potential when he came into the league, but he didnt show it. And a lot of people forgot about him then Paul comes and he get's all-star attention which he does.

But sometimes I just wonder what if he didnt have Paul...

BADizzleBoY
09-19-2008, 10:44 AM
But sometimes I just wonder what if he didnt have Paul...

^ o rly, who doesnt