PDA

View Full Version : #8 PF In The Game Today!

Mile High Champ
09-02-2008, 08:07 AM
POLL IS NOW CLOSED... PAU IS THE WINNER.. WILL POST THE NEXT POLL.. THANKS FOR VOTING!

Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... Carlos Boozer took home the 7th spot just ahead of Pau Gasol .... We now head to number 8!

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261272

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8)
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

innovator
09-02-2008, 08:09 AM
FINALLY! GASOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people who dont vote for gasol arent true nba fans but are haters! no doubt its gasol!

Mile High Champ
09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
FINALLY! GASOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people who dont vote for gasol arent true nba fans but are haters! no doubt its gasol!

agreed gasol was the guy ahead of boozer. I thought he should gone ahead of him for sure.

Tom81
09-02-2008, 08:13 AM

are you serious,you can vote for everyone you wont .Not your business on who others vote .

Tom81
09-02-2008, 08:14 AM
David West

innovator
09-02-2008, 08:15 AM
are you serious,you can vote for everyone you wont .Not your business on who others vote .

but you gotta vote on someone who deserves it, when voting for things like this you gotta set aside your hate and base your vote on talent and not whether you love or hate him

NYKnickFanatic
09-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I gave it to my boy Sheeeed! (no homo)

$ NyC $
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
its Gasol..then i would say Sheed over West just because of his Defense..but wait then again...i would say West then Sheed...then prob Jamison or Okafor

CELTICS4LYFE
09-02-2008, 08:26 AM
west was a beat last yr

Tom81
09-02-2008, 08:52 AM
but you gotta vote on someone who deserves it, when voting for things like this you gotta set aside your hate and base your vote on talent and not whether you love or hate him

I'm not hater ,I just think ( my opinion) west is better then gasol that's it.So that's why i vote for him,
And I don't force anybody to vote for west ,saying he will be hater if he don't vote.

Nexus
09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Remind me, when it gets to #9, to vote for the player who puts up 20/10 WITHOUT a true point guard (Jamison) over the player who puts up 20/10 with the best point guard in the world (West).

innovator
09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
alright man thanks for clarifying that to me

innovator
09-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Remind me, when it gets to #9, to vote for the player who puts up 20/10 WITHOUT a true point guard (Jamison) over the player who puts up 20/10 with the best point guard in the world (West).

i will

op12
09-02-2008, 09:00 AM
jamison is the best all around player left. he is an all star each year unlike some left. then sheed at 9, gasol or west at 10.

LakerzDQ
09-02-2008, 09:19 AM
jamison is the best all around player left. he is an all star each year unlike some left. then sheed at 9, gasol or west at 10.
lol.
not very hard to be the all-star in the east when 6 of the top 7 PF's were in the west the last few years. Bosh is the only east PF, and KG only came to the east this season.

not saying Jamison isn't good, but I think Gasol is slightly better.

sheed dropped off already, this guy could've been soo good but he never reached his potential.

barreleffact
09-02-2008, 09:21 AM
this one belongs to gasol. honestly it is a shame though for antawn. i voted gasol too but i really dont know where id put antawn. hes always been good but just never too out there. he has the stats but not the super hype nor the great team to hype. based on talent, he makes the list but his accomplishments...idk

barreleffact
09-02-2008, 09:25 AM

thats true but if this was based on all around talent, the list would look drastically different. but its basically fan based, plus the fact that teams systems can highlight a player to his benefit better than others and certain players have compliments too them to further that, like west, stat, gasol, even boozer slightly IMO

barreleffact
09-02-2008, 09:29 AM
so...is there gonna be a centers top 10? cuz most centers in the league suck. the bottom like 6 are gonna be very tough to make cases for

op12
09-02-2008, 09:45 AM
lol.
not very hard to be the all-star in the east when 6 of the top 7 PF's were in the west the last few years. Bosh is the only east PF, and KG only came to the east this season.

sheed dropped off already, this guy could've been soo good but he never reached his potential.

i think gasol is good, but jamison has a better all around game. gasol is better in the post but jamison isnt bad down there. he also can step out and shoot the J and take many pfs off the dribble. i think gasol is more of a post player and plays more like a C. in this era the pf has to be able to do it all. that is why i give the edge to jamison and sheed. even though sheed is on the down hill.

innovator
09-02-2008, 09:55 AM
so...is there gonna be a centers top 10? cuz most centers in the league suck. the bottom like 6 are gonna be very tough to make cases for

i think the top10 centers will be the most controversial since bynum and oden are C :p you know what i mean

mikedesi1004
09-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Pau Gasol

ertanozgur
09-02-2008, 10:19 AM
boozer is better than gasol and rasheed????

innovator
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
yeah i cant believe that either ^

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-02-2008, 10:22 AM
boo for boozer at number 7 ...

harris2carter
09-02-2008, 10:24 AM
for all u ppl who r sayin david west is better then Antwan Jamison u r mistaken. Antwan is a more experienced version of west that can shoot the three

charlsdq7
09-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Pau cuz David West's succed is based on CP3 if CP3 suked so would he...

Frank Costanza
09-02-2008, 10:34 AM
I voted Antawn Jamison, forgotten he might sometimes be out in Washington D.C but in the last 10 yrs this guys numbers have been nothing but consistent. He is a prennieal 20/10 guy who can play pf or sf . Hes never done anything stand outish or special yet but when talking bout day in day out he is more consistent than Pau who is just behind

innovator
09-02-2008, 10:46 AM
jamison would be 9..... who is the last player before kobe to score 50 points in back to back games? JAMISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahah

Z-ray21
09-02-2008, 10:50 AM
i hate the lakers but i gotta go with pau

LakerzDQ
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
really, Antawn Jamison is good as well. but he plays a little bit like an SF. not exactly the guy that's always working in the post. not a bad thing but I like my PF's to be staying close to the paint all the time.

njnets
09-02-2008, 11:14 AM
no love for west at all.

GCOOKIE7
09-02-2008, 11:21 AM
there are soooo many good PF's in the league so im not surprised he went this late.

ertanozgur
09-02-2008, 11:22 AM
why dont anyone talk about Rasheed? I think he is better than jamison , david west and boozer

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 11:26 AM
He's not better than them now..I would definatly take Pau, Jamison, West, Lewis, Aldridge, and maybe even David Lee or Zebo over Sheed. He has been getting worse each year...these players are in their prime, or on the rise up...

SeoulBeatz
09-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Jamison, West, Gasol

_Sn1P3r_
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Gave my vote to Gasol.

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Gasol was a franchise player and led a team into the playoffs by himself. He gets my vote.

Mile High Champ
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Get some more votes in people....

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
gotta go with the spaniard

MiamiHeat
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
8. Pau Gasol
9. Antawn Jamison
10. David West

Lakersfan2483
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Pau Gasol

IversonIsKrazy
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
im a lakers fan, but i gotta stay tru, d-west deserves this 1.

m26555
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
No. You Laker fans are just a bunch of homers.

Jamison >>>>> Gasol...

Chronz
09-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I bet you the same ones who are calling Gasol soft are voting for Jamison, hypocrites the lot of yas

Even Kobe knows Gasol isnt soft, there is a difference between being soft and being finesse/skilled

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
I am a Laker fan, and a Knicks fan, and I don't think Pau should get this one...Jamison is doing everything as the third option on his team...you gotta give him some credit for that. Pau, when he was on Memphis, was the first option and the second option for the Lakers. I also would consider Garnett to be finesse. Pau is more towards the soft part of finesse, but finesse nonetheless.

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone, we will be continuing the series to find a true top 10 list at each spot. We are on onto the POWER FORWARDS... Carlos Boozer took home the 7th spot just ahead of Pau Gasol .... We now head to number 8!

Like I said before, I will add more players to the list as soon as we put another guy on the top 10 list.

PS: Please do not start any threads with the same title. I am capable of conducting the polls and completing the series of threads to find the top 10 players at each position. If I need some help I will ask for it. Thanks for your time.

An updated list of the polls we have completed can be found here..
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261272

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8)
9)
10)

So People dont keep asking me where Al Jefferson is, he is listed as a center on the depth chart of every major nba site. HE will be on the center list, not the powerforward list.. Thanks for understanding!

It's a travesty that Bosh and Amare went ahead of Dirk.

Also how does Jamison have more votes than West?
:pity:

Vinny642
09-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Homeristic Lakers fans are gonna pick Gasol...
What can West do better then Gasol?
Shoot!! and there Post Off is equal, their Defense is equal.
Also Gasol is softer then a Marshmallow... defintley West here

Vinny642
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM
How in hell is Jamison better then West, just because the Wizards need A three point shooter they need Jamison, Hornets dont use West for threes because we got other three points shooters

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 06:04 PM
21 and 10 for Jamison, 20.6 and 8.9 for West. West has averages 5.6ppg and 1.1 rpg less than Jamison also. Also, he has averaged at least 19 ppg in his every season besides two since he's been in the NBA. David West is good but I would still take Jamison over him. Granted, in time West will be better than Jamison but I do not think that time is now.

Vinny642
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
HUH??? u just said two different things...
u said Jamison is 21 and 10
West is 20.6 and 8.9....
then u said West averaged 5 points less and 1.1 rebound less then Jamison?

dre1990
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Rasheed Wallace

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
For their career. My bad.

Leafking13
09-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Rasheed Abdul Wallace (born September 17, 1974) is an American professional basketball player. He currently plays Center for the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association.

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Gasol has never averaged 10 rpg in his life. He has scored 20 ppg twice, as the only option on his team. West is arguable, but Jamison deserves to be ahead of him, for sure. Shoot, Gasol has had only 2 seasons with more ppg than Jamison' career average, which factors in those pesky first couple of years

Rome
09-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Pau is too soft. West is there but I got him 9. Therefore jamison.

SeoulBeatz
09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Gasol has got some skill no doubt.

But if had the chance id have to take either West or Jamison over him, im sure Kobe would agree too after that awful finals showing.

Gasol is a solid rebounder and nifty in the post.

But he is also soft, bad at finishing, and well... soft.

West and Jamison both are waaay more potent on the offensive end, and none of the three are good defenders.

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 07:55 PM

Jamison also shoots at an awful clip of 43%. That is alright for a guard, but terrible for a forward. On the other hand, Gasol shoots a very efficient 53% from the floor. Gasol is also the better defender (no joke), but he is the lesser rebounder. He averages about 9 rebounds to Jamisons 10. Not a big difference. Gasol also averages over 1 block more than Antawn.

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Gasol has got some skill no doubt.

But if had the chance id have to take either West or Jamison over him, im sure Kobe would agree too after that awful finals showing.

Gasol is a solid rebounder and nifty in the post.

But he is also soft, bad at finishing, and well... soft.

West and Jamison both are waaay more potent on the offensive end, and none of the three are good defenders.

:confused: That makes no sense especially since Jamison shoots an awful 43% from the floor and West shoots a solid 48% compared to Gasols great 53% from the floor. There is no question that Gasol is more efficient and potent. He is also a better power forward than the two because of his superior post moves.

SHONIE
09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
lol.

Tru dat Jamison definitely will not be an all star this year.

KG, Bosh, Brand all go before him.

SHONIE
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM
:confused: That makes no sense especially since Jamison shoots an awful 43% from the floor and West shoots a solid 48% compared to Gasols great 53% from the floor. There is no question that Gasol is more efficient and potent. He is also a better power forward than the two because of his superior post moves.

Gasol is a better offensive threat than either of the others mentioned, but West is the superior defender/all around player in my opinion, and I could only imagine that he'd be dominant if he were a 7 footer.

still, Gasol has been consistently great, West is emerging. Maybe I should've voted Gasol...

yaowowrocket11
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
It's close, but I voted West narrowly over Gasol and Jaminson.

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Jamison is better offensively than Pau. Jamison shoots 3s on a regular basis AND he can play the post. He has a good jump hook and weird released hook shot, from a weird angle, that always goes in for him. Pau has great post up moves, and a pretty good game within 15 feet, but outside of that, he can't score.

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Jamison is better offensively than Pau. Jamison shoots 3s on a regular basis AND he can play the post. He has a good jump hook and weird released hook shot, from a weird angle, that always goes in for him. Pau has great post up moves, and a pretty good game within 15 feet, but outside of that, he can't score.

If he shot a respectable 46-48% then I would agree, but he shoots a terrible 43%, which ends up hurting your team. Gasol shoots 53% from the field.

cmellofan15
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
This should be the time where Sheed starts getting votes, right?

knicks1214
09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
You realize that Jamison's game is more than just a post up game that Pau's is right? Jamison is a much more versatile player than Pau. He takes much more difficult shots than Pau. He takes 3s...that is what brings down his percentage. If he took 0 threes like Gasol, his percentage would be closer to 50...

SwaggaIke
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Gasol being better than West is laughable. On career merit, sure. But on current skill level and dependability, not even close. Laker homers.

skyhibballpj87
09-02-2008, 09:37 PM
i voted him in 7th and i will vote for him again in 8th he is alot better then sheed. can be better defensivley but jamison has a nice all around game averges 20 and 10 on any given night can shoot the three and stepped up big when his team needs him. what does sheed do when his team needs him gets a technical foul or goes 1 for 10. and sheed is like that whole pistons team there only good when they want to be they let teams come back from big leads all the time and turn switch on and off whenever they want. i like pau but jaminson is more versetile and is a better leader pau hardly ever took the grizzles anywhere yea theyd make playoffs but they would never win a game always get swept. and where was pau in the finals same place where odom was no where to be found. without arenas people thought the wizards wouldnt reach 30 wins not mention the absents of caron butler and once in a while bredan haywood. jaminsons 32 and he had his best season i said if this guy doesnt make top ten its a crime. Everyone sayin cause gasol shoots better he should get the spot gasol barley shoots anywhere outside of 12 feet so no wonder he shoots 50 percent david west is good but hes kinda got a guy like cp3 so he didnt take as many shots as jamison last season. Jaminson shot a low percentage not only because he shoots 3s but also because for a good portion of the season he was the go to guy on the team and the only star. so the dont give me the low field goal percentage bull crap. Jaminson is just as good as pau and west if not better. gasol has never average 10 boards in his life jaminson has done it 2 seasons and gasol is 7 foot jaminsons only 6 foot 9. Gasol doesnt battle for the boards he just gets the ones that comes to him. jamison almost averaged 11 and got way more then 10 night in and night out. i think pau will win the majority vote but i think you can make a good arguement for jaminson

RocketsRule
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Gasol's savvy post moves, solid mid-range, game and rebounding ability get my vote this time. Really a no contest vote right here, not many more deserving candidates.

Westbrook36
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Okafor. I like his game

ShaunRiching9
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
judging by this i think we know who 8 9 10 is