PDA

View Full Version : PSD Western Conference Finals (#1 LA Lakers vs. #3 Houston)

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
09-01-2008, 11:54 PM
WESTERN FINALS

LA Lakers vs. Houston
Winner: Vote here!

--------------------------------------
Each poll will have a voting time of 7 days. This applies to each matchup until an NBA Champion has been determined.

SEMIFINALS

LA Lakers vs. San Antonio
Winner: LA Lakers, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264620)

Houston vs. New Orleans
Winner: Houston, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264626)

--------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST ROUND

LA Lakers vs. Portland
Winner: LA Lakers, 4-1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262911)

Utah vs. San Antonio
Winner: San Antonio, 4-3 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263580)

Houston vs Phoenix
Winner: Houston, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262913)

New Orleans vs Dallas
Winner: New Orleans, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263577)

The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether.

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "Memphis in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that Memphis has won. If Memphis has 50 votes (Memphis in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but New Orleans has 55 votes (New Orleans in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), New Orleans is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (New Orleans) is the final result.

Let's say:
Memphis in 4 = 10 votes
Memphis in 5 = 5 votes
Memphis in 6 = 20 votes
Memphis in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say New Orleans has
New Orleans in 4 = 12
New Orleans in 5 = 13
New Orleans in 6 = 17
New Orleans in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes
The winner would be New Orleans in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is New Orleans in 6 would become the final result.

WESTERN CONFERENCE - Regular Season

Click the team name for poll results. The 8 best records in each conference have been determined. According to league rules, the seedings are as follows

(1) LA Lakers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258909) - Pacific Division
(2) New Orleans (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259506) - Southwest Division
(3) Houston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260362) - Southwest Division
(4) Utah (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261433) - Northwest Division - (5th best record)
(5) San Antonio (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260868) - Southwest Division - (4th best record)
(6) Phoenix (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261876) - Pacific Division
(7) Dallas (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262234) - Southwest Division
(8) Portland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262633) - Pacific Division

still1ballin
09-01-2008, 11:58 PM
The series we all have been waiting for! Lakers in 6!

dre1990
09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
LA in 5. Houston wouldnt make it out of the 1st round

x_notorious
09-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Lakers in 6. A Laker team went to the Finals without Bynum. If Bynum can come back to his self before the injury, it will only make them better. Plus, more experience, much more. None of the Rockets starting 5 has been out of the first round, there are multiple champions in the Lakers roster.

Houston looks like a good team on paper but until they play together, I have my doubts.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Lakers in 7 ...

Tough series it will be.

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Lakers in 6. A Laker team went to the Finals without Bynum. If Bynum can come back to his self before the injury, it will only make them better. Plus, more experience, much more. None of the Rockets starting 5 has been out of the first round, there are multiple champions in the Lakers roster.

Houston looks like a good team on paper but until they play together, I have my doubts.

Agreed. Lakers in 6.

Antbanks21
09-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Lakers in 6

Kobe> t-mac
Twin towers vs Yao

Its going to be a tough series but the Lakers can pull it off

LA_Raiders
09-02-2008, 01:16 AM
LA in 5

Vidball
09-02-2008, 01:41 AM
Wow...nobody has posted in favor of the Rockets, but they have almost half the votes. Lakers in 6. The Twin Towers + Kobe = Too much for Houston.

G-Funk
09-02-2008, 01:55 AM
looking foward 2 this wars.

BenFrank
09-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Houston In 6!!! Kobe gone be 2 tired for a game 7 with Artest and Battier on his ***! Yao gone light-up Bynum, and not 2 mention Mcgrady, Scola, Brent Barry, with the floor captian Rafer and yes.. Steve Francis.. once again.. Houston in 6

chadtx01
09-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Artest/Battier = Kobe

Battier alone gave him fits the couple times they played last year. Put a fresh Artest/Battier in front of him for an entire series its gonna wear him down. He's gonna get his points, but he's gonna work harder and its gonna take a toll on him.

Yao > "Twin Towers"

Are you gonna consistantly double Yao with Bynum and Pao? Dont honestly tell me that you dont thin Yao will come out ahead in either matchup one on one. Double him and watch the big man show his touch with the no looks to the outside shooters.

Not to mention how physical the Rockets would be inside with Scola, Landry and Hayes. Turiaf is gone, and Pao might be a 7 footer but he isnt very physical, so you're basically down the Bynum on the inside?

Houston has too many options.

The Rockets in 6 :)

innovator
09-02-2008, 02:53 AM
lakers in 6

3 words
- chemistry
- playoff experience

ertanozgur
09-02-2008, 03:22 AM
LA Lakers in 6

BRADfromOZ
09-02-2008, 03:29 AM
Rockets in 6. But only if we can stay healthy.

airborne_06
09-02-2008, 04:07 AM
do you now why most of us didnt make a comment regarding this?? we only voted for rockets.. its simply because we dont want to make some nonsense arguments..."silence means yes.. yes to 2009 NBA Championships..."
rockets and lakers rivalry has only begun.... rockets on 6!

i think there are too many lakers fan here.. but there are also many lakers haters out there who will vote rockets... heheheh

airborne_06
09-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Alston = Fisher
Kobe > Tmac
Odom < Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

Its a tie..
But... look at their benches...
Francis, Battier, Mutombo, Landry, Barry, Head, Hayes >>>>> Farmar, Mihm, Radmanovic, Walton, Vujacic (TURIAF is gone)..

airborne_06
09-02-2008, 04:11 AM
DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! (e.i. Celtics, Pistons, Spurs) ROCKETS WIN SERIES 4-2

Tom81
09-02-2008, 04:51 AM
Houston in 7

fredv
09-02-2008, 05:29 AM
I think it has been proven that there are way more Lakers fans than Houston fans. Just as there where more Rockets fans than NO fans..

Fireworld
09-02-2008, 05:34 AM
Lakers in 6!

Rox07
09-02-2008, 06:26 AM
Rockets in 5 b/c they match up so well w/ the lakers. Artest/Battier on kobe, he will prolly take 25+ shots a game and make about 6 of them. We all no how well pau plays when it really counts and I don't even have to mention Bynum b/c hes going up against Yao. So once again, Rockets in 5.

innovator
09-02-2008, 06:52 AM
do you now why most of us didnt make a comment regarding this?? we only voted for rockets.. its simply because we dont want to make some nonsense arguments..."silence means yes.. yes to 2009 NBA Championships..."
rockets and lakers rivalry has only begun.... rockets on 6!

i think there are too many lakers fan here.. but there are also many lakers haters out there who will vote rockets... heheheh

their wont be any rivalry between the lakers and rockets sorry to burst ur bubble... cuz the rockets havent proved anything yet unlike the lakers who have already proved that they can make the finals even with a injury plagued team what more if they are healthy? dont say the rockets won 22 staright games even if yao was injured cuz it doesnt matter if u win 22 straight and lose in the 1st round... 41-41 and winning the championship is better than 82-0 and not winning the championship, get my point? regular season is only for seeding but the playoffs is a whole new season. again lakers in 6

innovator
09-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Alston = Fisher
Kobe > Tmac
Odom < Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

Its a tie..
Francis, Battier, Mutombo, Landry, Barry, Head, Hayes >>>>> Farmar, Mihm, Radmanovic, Walton, Vujacic (TURIAF is gone)..

turiaf may be gone, but francis,mutombo and barry's skills are also gone :p and btw we also have ariza and powell

SC1211
09-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Rockets in 6. This team is built for the Lakers; Kobe will have trouble with Artest and Battier switching off, and the so-called twin towers are no match for Yao. Double Yao and Scola will be there to punish you. Not to mention the physical Rockets defense is going to have its way with Pau Gasoft. I see nowhere where the Lakers have even one advantage.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 07:38 AM
their wont be any rivalry between the lakers and rockets sorry to burst ur bubble... cuz the rockets havent proved anything yet unlike the lakers who have already proved that they can make the finals even with a injury plagued team what more if they are healthy? dont say the rockets won 22 staright games even if yao was injured cuz it doesnt matter if u win 22 straight and lose in the 1st round... 41-41 and winning the championship is better than 82-0 and not winning the championship, get my point? regular season is only for seeding but the playoffs is a whole new season. again lakers in 6

fine you can say that, but then dont say that bynum will be the most dominant post player since shaq in his prime. He did it for 30 games. Thats about equivalent to one round onto the playoffs. Also i dont care what you say about the rockets getting knocked out last year. if you lose 2 starters, and have 2 others hurting, you are not going to win a playoff series. Also because you have to start bench players it weakens your bench

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 07:39 AM
rockets are winning 20-17 :p

innovator
09-02-2008, 08:06 AM
fine you can say that, but then dont say that bynum will be the most dominant post player since shaq in his prime. He did it for 30 games. Thats about equivalent to one round onto the playoffs. Also i dont care what you say about the rockets getting knocked out last year. if you lose 2 starters, and have 2 others hurting, you are not going to win a playoff series. Also because you have to start bench players it weakens your bench

where did u get the idea that bynum is the most dominant post player since shaq in his prime? obviously its dwight

LOL 30 games is equivalent to 1 round??? haha nice one

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Artest/Battier = Kobe

Battier alone gave him fits the couple times they played last year. Put a fresh Artest/Battier in front of him for an entire series its gonna wear him down. He's gonna get his points, but he's gonna work harder and its gonna take a toll on him.

Yao > "Twin Towers"

Are you gonna consistantly double Yao with Bynum and Pao? Dont honestly tell me that you dont thin Yao will come out ahead in either matchup one on one. Double him and watch the big man show his touch with the no looks to the outside shooters.

Not to mention how physical the Rockets would be inside with Scola, Landry and Hayes. Turiaf is gone, and Pao might be a 7 footer but he isnt very physical, so you're basically down the Bynum on the inside?

Houston has too many options.

The Rockets in 6 :)

i agree :clap:

kobe's going to get tired go against battier/artest on the offensive end and having to guard Tmac on the defensive end.

double Yao? houston got the outside shooters to punish you and we go Scola scrapping for lose balls and cleaning up after Yao.

plus, according to PSD votings, Houston's got the #3 best SG in Tmac, a top10 SF in Artest, and probably a #1 (or #2) Center in Yao. surround those three players with sharpshooters like Battier and Brent Barry = game over for the other team.

houston in 7

innovator
09-02-2008, 09:53 AM
if both teams put their starting 5 on the floor like you said artest would defend kobe then who will defend odom? huh

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Ye innovator is right, they HAVE NO ONE TO GAURD Odom

Artest will guard kobe for sure but ... if your gonna say they have battier too then where is Mcgrady on the floor at point,battier at pf? Lakers will confuse the rockets in match ups.

la in a tight 7

ROCKETMAN34
09-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Rockets in 6. LA does not have the enough scorers on floor to match up with us. And there bench is thin. And as said before Kobe is going to have to work twice as hard to get his shot off. Of course this is if we are all heathly. Rockets were #2 in defence last year and ya add Ron Ron. Its going to be a fun year.

innovator
09-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Rockets in 6. LA does not have the enough scorers on floor to match up with us. And there bench is thin. And as said before Kobe is going to have to work twice as hard to get his shot off. Of course this is if we are all heathly. Rockets were #2 in defence last year and ya add Ron Ron. Its going to be a fun year.

lakers were no.3 in the reg.season and no.2 in the playoffs last year and ya add bynum. its going to be a fun year :p

really? the lakers bench is thin? last time i checked the lakers bench was one of the best last season and only turiaf left and radman will be added to our bench which will make our bench still deadly

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I hate to say this, but Andrew Bynum is becoming one of or the most overrated player in the league. First he wants a max contract and now everyone is acting like he was a former all star or something. The guy had a good half of a month in a season last year and people are acting like he is the savior now. People act like because the Lakers made the finals last year that adding Bynum means they will again. In case no one had noticed, the Suns made the Conference Finals with no Amare and the next year they only got to the Semifinals and this with an actual superstar returning.
I'm not saying the Lakers won't or can't make the finals, but people seriously have to stop it with this they got "Bynum" back because he isn't even a star or someone you need to be counting on as the player to put you over the top.

BenFrank
09-02-2008, 11:23 AM
When did Lamar Odom become so great... Mcgrady's defense ant that bad.. he got enofe defense 2 guard Odam, Question is, who's gonna guard Artest.. U really want to put Kobe on T-mac and Artest.. that just wear's him out more... Kobe will disappear like he did in the boston series. Mutombo's old @** locked down bynum not 2 long ago when y'all played us, tryin 2 dunk on him and get that 7 foot long finger waived @ ya'll.. rocket's in 6

Nighthawk
09-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Im assuming that both teams are 100% healthy. if so i take the Rockets in 6 easily.

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 12:04 PM
if both teams put their starting 5 on the floor like you said artest would defend kobe then who will defend odom? huh

Mcgrady...Odom's not that hard to guard.

Drewlius
09-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I picked LA in 4, highly doubt Houston can even get out of the 1st round.

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I picked LA in 4, highly doubt Houston can even get out of the 1st round.

Well they are in the conference finals here, so you base it on how it was determined here since the season hasn't been played yet.

Antbanks21
09-02-2008, 12:24 PM
I hate to say this, but Andrew Bynum is becoming one of or the most overrated player in the league. First he wants a max contract and now everyone is acting like he was a former all star or something. The guy had a good half of a month in a season last year and people are acting like he is the savior now. People act like because the Lakers made the finals last year that adding Bynum means they will again. In case no one had noticed, the Suns made the Conference Finals with no Amare and the next year they only got to the Semifinals and this with an actual superstar returning.
I'm not saying the Lakers won't or can't make the finals, but people seriously have to stop it with this they got "Bynum" back because he isn't even a star or someone you need to be counting on as the player to put you over the top.

when Amare came back the next season what did he bring,offence. thats it! he didn't bring defence.

Now when Bynum comes back he will bring something we lacked in the middle, DEFENCE ,and according to most people DEFENCE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
oh and also since when do you need to be a star to put a team over the top, James Posey isn't a star and he pretty much put his team over the top.

Lakersfan24
09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why all of a sudden the Rockets are now considered a team to beat in the west.....last time i checked, their only upgrade was Ron Artest..... and if there's one unpredictable dude in the league, he gets my vote...... plus McGrady is on this team (remember the curse?) and Yao is well, Yao

real western final conference game: La Lakers vs. Utah Jazz: Lakers in 5

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 12:57 PM
when Amare came back the next season what did he bring,offence. thats it! he didn't bring defence.

Now when Bynum comes back he will bring something we lacked in the middle, DEFENCE ,and according to most people DEFENCE wins CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
oh and also since when do you need to be a star to put a team over the top, James Posey isn't a star and he pretty much put his team over the top.

Posey's team is already over the top...they just needed someone to solidify their position.

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 01:22 PM

You want to talk about overating? How about the Rockets team itself being overated. They even haven't proved anything, let alone haven't been able to get out of the first round! Just because you guys got Artest makes it seem your the team to beat in the west. Who knows if the Artest plan can backfire, you know what a nutcase he can be. At least the Lakers proved themselves by making it to the finals with key injured players.

BoltLakerPadre
09-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow, something must have changed during the off season as Yao hurried back from a fairly significant injury just so his Chinese National team could get embarassed, cause apprently he is now an inside beast. I mean we all know he's tall, but since when does he require double teams? And when the Laker's have 7'1" Bynum, 7' Pau, and 6'10" Odom, are we really going to have trouble swinging tall defenders his way?

Sure Battier and Artest are great defenders, but only one of them at a time can cover Kobe, and neither of them can "shut him down".

Either way, the Laker's have experience outside of the first round and the Rockets don't. So I think this is a put up or shut up situation, and maybe Texas fans should wait for their team to accomplish something before they start talking.

Lakers in 5 or 6.

Hey Yao, you ready for the tallest, quickest, longest, front court in the NBA?

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 01:46 PM

:laugh:

Now that is funny. A bench player put the Celtics over the top? Come on let's be serious here.

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Wow, something must have changed during the off season as Yao hurried back from a fairly significant injury just so his Chinese National team could get embarassed, cause apprently he is now an inside beast. I mean we all know he's tall, but since when does he require double teams? And when the Laker's have 7'1" Bynum, 7' Pau, and 6'10" Odom, are we really going to have trouble swinging tall defenders his way?

Sure Battier and Artest are great defenders, but only one of them at a time can cover Kobe, and neither of them can "shut him down".

Either way, the Laker's have experience outside of the first round and the Rockets don't. So I think this is a put up or shut up situation, and maybe Texas fans should wait for their team to accomplish something before they start talking...

Lakers in 5 or 6.

Hey Yao, you ready for the tallest, quickest, longest, front court in the NBA?

Since when does Yao request double teams? have you watch any Rockets games? he's been requiring double teams since 2 or 3 years ago...espcially during the past season. He's almost always double team when he catches the ball down low...he even get triple teamed a lot. i've even seen games where the WHOLE team swarms Yao when he catched the down low...that usually happens when the Rockets play against teams that doesn't have a strong front court

BenFrank
09-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Yea.. that dude must only watch Laker's game's cuz allmost everybody know's Yao get's doubled, and if I recall didn't we beat them for the 22 game win streak.. without Yoa.. and with Out Byum.. oh I forgot Yao's a top 2 center in the leage, and Battier alone shut Kobe's @!! Down.. the oh.. u didn't get out the first round crap don't bother us people.. We would have easily accomplished that... with a healty startin point guard and Center, let see u guy's play with ur back-up Center and PG..

I would Love 2 see ne one from the laker's try and play yao, one on one.. I would love it

agobbi17
09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
the rockets have never had a problem with kobe or the lakers. In fact, we won more games in the regular season last year against the lakers. Kobe seems to not play well against us. Our lineup of Yao Ming, Louis Scola and Ron Artest is going to get Paul Gason, Bynum and Odom fits. The lakers will get checked, bet that.

AllTheWay
09-02-2008, 03:13 PM
i agree :clap:

kobe's going to get tired go against battier/artest on the offensive end and having to guard Tmac on the defensive end.

double Yao? houston got the outside shooters to punish you and we go Scola scrapping for lose balls and cleaning up after Yao.

plus, according to PSD votings, Houston's got the #3 best SG in Tmac, a top10 SF in Artest, and probably a #1 (or #2) Center in Yao. surround those three players with sharpshooters like Battier and Brent Barry = game over for the other team.

houston in 7

Gasol is light years ahead of Scola in terms of skill, and the Lakers have more outside shooters than the Rockets. We have two go- to post players, with the best player in the game, and would of the best do it all guys in lamar.

How the hell is Artest gonna make it as a third option? Its not gonna happen.

AllTheWay
09-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Yea.. that dude must only watch Laker's game's cuz allmost everybody know's Yao get's doubled, and if I recall didn't we beat them for the 22 game win streak.. without Yoa.. and with Out Byum.. oh I forgot Yao's a top 2 center in the leage, and Battier alone shut Kobe's @!! Down.. the oh.. u didn't get out the first round crap don't bother us people.. We would have easily accomplished that... with a healty startin point guard and Center, let see u guy's play with ur back-up Center and PG..

I would Love 2 see ne one from the laker's try and play yao, one on one.. I would love it

I didn't understand a word you typed.

AllTheWay
09-02-2008, 03:16 PM
Funny thing is, we have the best froncourt in the NBA, not to mention the biggest....and then you add the Best player in the game to that, along with a great bench, and bye bye Rocket's....

Even though they wouldn't make it this far anyways

scruffmacgruff
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Rockets in 7
Oh how they forget when the best player in the game dont get enough attention he wants someone to be traded or he wants to be traded but they throw the crazy artest nonsense around

scruffmacgruff
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Funny thing is, we have the best froncourt in the NBA, not to mention the biggest....and then you add the Best player in the game to that, along with a great bench, and bye bye Rocket's....

Even though they wouldn't make it this far anyways
come on dude what did bynum and who ever else was injured average when the playoffs began and compare that to what the rockets lost and the only thing we have done is gotten better by adding artest artest

IversonIsKrazy
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
lakers in 6 or 7.

PG: Alston & Brooks = Fisher & Farmar
SG: T-Mac & Head << Kobe & Sasha
SF: Artest & Battier >> Odom & Ariza

Gotta go w/ lakers in 6.

LAKERS 24/7
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I have to say it definetly won't be easy. Rockets almost always play us tough. I know they beat us 2-1 during the regular season, but that doesn't mean much at all.

1. This game was the first of the season in which Kobe was still pissed about the trade and he dropped 45. That game doesn't even remotely resemble how we played for the rest of the year.

2. This was when they beat us during the 22 game win streak. We had No centers on our team. No Bynum, Gasol, or Mihm. They didn't have Yao, but it still isn't an accurate assesment of how both teams will play. Battier did an excellent job on Kobe, I doubt it'll happen again.

3. We won

Vidball
09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
let see u guy's play with ur back-up Center and PG..

Um...Lakers made it to the Finals without their Center. duh.

prash
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Houston in 7. With Adelman as the coach & 3 guys who can score 20+ points on any given night, the Rockets should solve their scoring issues from last season.

The Rockets are already one of the leagues top defensive teams.. & thats before Artest showed up. Back in his days in Indiana he was the runner up behind Ben Wallace for DPOY honors. So he should fit right in & take some pressure of McGrady.

If McGrady come out and plays with that killer instinct he's capable of, the Rockets will be the best team in the West.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
lets compare what is different between this team and last playoff team for the rockets.

No starting PG, no starting C, no ron artest, a SF who needed knee surgery, and same with our SG.

bynum isnt yao, so dont make it seem that way. Him being hurt, hurt the lakers, but not near as much as yao for the rockets.

No starting PG. Alston had the best year of his career last year. fisher is old and not what he used to be. in his prime, he would school alston any day of the week. now they are about even, so now you need to throw fisher out the window.

Both SG could play, but needed surgery after the year was over.

takeing away ron artest is equivalent of taking away lamar odom. then battier was hurt, thats like rad being hurt.

so basically if you took what is different from this years rockets and last years rockets and had all of that happen to the lakers, they would be this:

Farmar
Kobe
Rad (hurt)
Gasol
Turiaf

So whos left on the bench for them? ariza? thats about it. no way that team makes the finals. this rockets team is sooooooo much different from last years team its not even funny. i know some of you will not understand what i said, but basically it means, DONT BASE THIS TEAM OFF OF LAST YEARS PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE BECAUSE WE DIDNT HAVE WHO WE HAVE NOW, ND WE WERE HURT

also there is no way this series goes less that 6 games

ugafan
09-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Holy **** its tied up.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 05:22 PM
i knoe :D

rhino17
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Yao>>Bynum
Scola<Gasol
Artest>Odom
McGrady<Kobe
Alston=Fisher

Pretty even matchup with the starting lineups. Yao is much better than Bynum and Gasol. Scola is not as good as Gasol but at least as good as Bynum. Artest is the best perimeter defender in the nba and a huge offensive threat. He is better than Odom. Kobe is the best player, but McGrady is prolly the only guy that can come close to matching Bryant when he wants to. The pg spot is a toss up. So imo, the series will be decided by the bench

Rockets:
Steve Francis
Brent Barry/Luther Head
Shane Battier
Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes
Dikembe Mutombo

Lakers
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic/Coby Karl
Treveor Ariza/Ira Newble
Vlad Radmonovic
Chris Mihm

Rockets Bench>Lakers Bench
rockets have better defenders and 3 point shooters coming off their bench

Rockets in 7

SC1211
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
I love how some of you Lakers' fans are talking about Ron Artest being crazy. I guarantee you if Mitch Kupchak had the balls to pull the trigger on Odom for Artest, they'd be crying NBA Champions already.

BenFrank
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I didn't understand a word you typed.

that's because u can't read

BenFrank
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Um...Lakers made it to the Finals without their Center. duh.

read the question again, it's say's back-up center and pointguard.. yea u can feel stupid now

kobe24>jordan23
09-02-2008, 06:53 PM
benfrank your a dumb b**** because the rockets haven't proved anything yet and now your saying that laker fans are stupid we will just have 2 see during the season 2 see who is the western conference top dogg. by the way lakers in 6. bynum will dominate yao because yao is as skinny as a lollipop stick lol!

celticfan
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Time for another Celtic laker rivalry

Hawkeye15
09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Rockets in 7. If healthy. Big If.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 07:13 PM
benfrank your a dumb b**** because the rockets haven't proved anything yet and now your saying that laker fans are stupid we will just have 2 see during the season 2 see who is the western conference top dogg. by the way lakers in 6. bynum will dominate yao because yao is as skinny as a lollipop stick lol!

most bias and idiotic statement i ever heard

Lakers<>Packers
09-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Yao Ming Or Mcgrady will probably be hurt like always so its hard to pick whos going to win..

horry1ur
09-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Lakers in 6 because Houston hasnt made it out of the first round oh i dont know how long its been and the main question is can they stay healthy?

BenFrank
09-02-2008, 08:04 PM

LMFAO... Oh snap.. a internet gansta.. don't u sound tuff.. oh yes u do.. I'm so scared.. U lil cake!!! talkin $*** over tha internet. Didn't kno u took this so seriously. I must of hurt his feelin.. :clap:

Oh just 2 clear thing's up.. I wasn't callin all laker's Fan stupid u Dum@**.. I was just respondin 2 someone who quoted me.. get cha panties out a bunch, I wasn't even talkin 2 u

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Alston = Fisher
Kobe > Tmac
Odom < Artest
Gasol > Scola
Bynum < Yao

Its a tie..

Francis was terrible last year and injury riddled. Head was also pretty bad. Mutombo and Landry are not even signed with the team.

I would bet my money on Farmar, Vujacic, ARIZA (you failed to mention), Radmanovic, Walton, Mihm, and POWELL (you failed to mention).

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Yao>>Bynum
Scola<Gasol
Artest>Odom
McGrady<Kobe
Alston=Fisher

Pretty even matchup with the starting lineups. Yao is much better than Bynum and Gasol. Scola is not as good as Gasol but at least as good as Bynum. Artest is the best perimeter defender in the nba and a huge offensive threat. He is better than Odom. Kobe is the best player, but McGrady is prolly the only guy that can come close to matching Bryant when he wants to. The pg spot is a toss up. So imo, the series will be decided by the bench

Rockets:
Steve Francis
Brent Barry/Luther Head
Shane Battier
Carl Landry/Chuck Hayes
Dikembe Mutombo

Lakers
Jordan Farmar
Sasha Vujacic/Coby Karl
Treveor Ariza/Ira Newble
Vlad Radmonovic
Chris Mihm

Rockets Bench>Lakers Bench
rockets have better defenders and 3 point shooters coming off their bench

Rockets in 7

:laugh2: Bynum averages 13 and 10 while shooting 64% and you claim Scola to be better at 10 and 6 while shooting 51%.

How is the Rockets bench better? Francis is a joke at this point. Barry is very old and very inconsistent. Head was pretty bad last year as well. Landry and Mutombo aren't even signed yet and may not sign. Other than Deke, the Rockets have no legitimate backup center and Yao definitely can't play more than 40 minutes a game or else he is a lock to get injured.

Lakers bench is definitely better. You know what you are getting out of that bench. Farmar provides great three-point shooting (38%) and 9 PPG off the bench. Vujacic provides even better three-point shooting (43%) and 8 PPG off the bench. Ariza provides great defense and 7 and 3 off the bench. Radman also provides very good three-point shooting off the bench with 39% 3 pt. shooting. Powell and Mihm hold up the frontcourt. BTW--Karl and Ira are not on the team.

:laugh2: I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh when I read that the Rockets have better three-point shooting since the Lakers have 4 or even 5 legitimate three-point shooting threats off the bench and have a top 8 three-point shooter off the bench in Vujacic and Farmar and Radman are high up the list as well.

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 08:32 PM

The Suns didn't make it even with the addition of Amare because they were playing a Spurs team at the top of their game and they also became a lot thinner on the bench and Diaw digressed considerably. Your logic may fool a nine year old, but not people with brains. There are more factors to it than just that. The Lakers bring back the same team with two additions in Bynum and Ariza. Not to mention they have the best player in the game actually healthy. Even though a lot has been made of the Lakers defense, they were ranked in the top 10 while the Suns were terrible at defense. There is no reason why they shouldn't make the Finals next year.

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
I can't believe I voted against my own team....but I think the Lakers would win this in 6 or 7 this year....

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
The Suns didn't make it even with the addition of Amare because they were playing a Spurs team at the top of their game and they also became a lot thinner on the bench and Diaw digressed considerably. Your logic may fool a nine year old, but not people with brains. There are more factors to it than just that. The Lakers bring back the same team with two additions in Bynum and Ariza. Not to mention they have the best player in the game actually healthy. Even though a lot has been made of the Lakers defense, they were ranked in the top 10 while the Suns were terrible at defense. There is no reason why they shouldn't make the Finals next year.

I voted for the Lakers as well but seriously....he's not going to make a difference either way....ya'll lost Turiaf and he was twice as valuable as Ariza....maybe 3 or 4 times more valuable.....

yaowowrocket11
09-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Rockets in 7

I like this team better overall, especially with some good talent coming off the bench.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
this is with everyone healthy. also with the rockets depth, any rockets fan who says francise will actually help is crazy, and im a rockets fan. most rockets fan want head traded, and deke and landry will sign with us, dont you worry

ARMIN12NBA
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
I voted for the Lakers as well but seriously....he's not going to make a difference either way....ya'll lost Turiaf and he was twice as valuable as Ariza....maybe 3 or 4 times more valuable.....

Ariza averaged 7 and 4 while shooting 51% last year with the Lakers while playing great defense and even got the start sometimes. Ronny averaged 6 and 3 while shooting 48% while playing OK defense. Ariza is the better player.

chadtx01
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM

T-Mac. Couple years ago Tracy did a damn good job covering Dirk in the playoffs, and Dirk > Odom.

htown_staydown
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Houston rockets in 6. the lakers dont play any d

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Ariza averaged 7 and 4 while shooting 51% last year with the Lakers while playing great defense and even got the start sometimes. Ronny averaged 6 and 3 while shooting 48% while playing OK defense. Ariza is the better player.

I dunno dude....Turiaf wasn't all about stats though....and 7 and 4 isn't anything to get excited about....it's like me saying Barry is gonna put the Rockets over the top this year.....I see where your coming from and I do think the Lakers would win like I said....but Ariza ain't gonna make or break anybody....

horry1ur
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
T-Mac. Couple years ago Tracy did a damn good job covering Dirk in the playoffs, and Dirk > Odom.

Yeah but that doesnt explain anything sure Dirk might be better then Odom but some people just own other people like Kobe he is good sometimes he sucks against the celts and other teams so your dirk>odom thing doesnt make any sense

horry1ur
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow real close right now 52-50 Rockets

Jay22Redd
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
go rockets in 7

fins08
09-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Too muc T-Mac. Artest and Battier can contain Kobe well enough.

JMan17
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
i love it how rockets fans talk trash when they didn't even get out of the first round. lakers in 6. two 7 footers beats yao "soft" ming.

lol at some of the people saying artest can contain kobe, nobody can contain kobe. nobody.

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
If Rockets want to have a chance to beat the lakers in a series, they better work on there outside shots, because I don't see them driving into the lane for layups/dunks when bynum and gasol are both crowding it up....

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
define "contain" if by "contain" you mean hold him to 5 of 20 shooting and 10 points, then your right no one can "contain" kobe. But i consider "contain" is holding someone to signifcantly less than their season averages. In the 22 game streak i think battier "contained" kobe, because, even though kobe scored 22, he made him take alot of shots, and held him to a low %. So let kobe score 35 points on 15-40 shooting, ill take that any day, cause that means hes not getting his teammates involved and they arent doing well. Everyone saw what happened to him in the finals against a good defensive team. he wasnt able to get his teamates involved and they lost

JMan17
09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
define "contain" if by "contain" you mean hold him to 5 of 20 shooting and 10 points, then your right no one can "contain" kobe. But i consider "contain" is holding someone to signifcantly less than their season averages. In the 22 game streak i think battier "contained" kobe, because, even though kobe scored 22, he made him take alot of shots, and held him to a low %. So let kobe score 35 points on 15-40 shooting, ill take that any day, cause that means hes not getting his teammates involved and they arent doing well. Everyone saw what happened to him in the finals against a good defensive team. he wasnt able to get his teamates involved and they lost

kobe also scored 48 points on battier's *****? Counting 1 good game on defending means he will do it again? Yea, usually when that happens, kobe scores 50 the next time he faces the same guy. Also kobe always involves his teammates, and the lakers did not lose because of teammates not getting involved, infact it was the team not playing Defense and getting all soft, simple

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM

:clap:

Artest/Battier will contain Kobe
Tmac will guard Odom
Yao will own the paint
Scola will do a good job of cleaning after Yao
and our role players (Barry, Battier, Alston, Head) will rain down 3s

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I love it how just because kobe shot terrible from the field one game due to rockets defense ( i admit that ) makes it seem that from now on forever and ever you can stop kobe when ever you want. its pathetic

rhino17
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM
:laugh2: Bynum averages 13 and 10 while shooting 64% and you claim Scola to be better at 10 and 6 while shooting 51%.

How is the Rockets bench better? Francis is a joke at this point. Barry is very old and very inconsistent. Head was pretty bad last year as well. Landry and Mutombo aren't even signed yet and may not sign. Other than Deke, the Rockets have no legitimate backup center and Yao definitely can't play more than 40 minutes a game or else he is a lock to get injured.

Lakers bench is definitely better. You know what you are getting out of that bench. Farmar provides great three-point shooting (38%) and 9 PPG off the bench. Vujacic provides even better three-point shooting (43%) and 8 PPG off the bench. Ariza provides great defense and 7 and 3 off the bench. Radman also provides very good three-point shooting off the bench with 39% 3 pt. shooting. Powell and Mihm hold up the frontcourt. BTW--Karl and Ira are not on the team.

:laugh2: I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh when I read that the Rockets have better three-point shooting since the Lakers have 4 or even 5 legitimate three-point shooting threats off the bench and have a top 8 three-point shooter off the bench in Vujacic and Farmar and Radman are high up the list as well.

Luther Head, Brent Barry, Shane Battier, Alston, Artest are all fantastic 3 point shooters. And aron brooks won the college 3 point shoot out

as for defense, you got trevor ariza......big deal. The rockets have shane battier, the 2nd best perimeter defender in the nba. And you know who he is backing up? the best perimeter defender in the nba. And as for Scola, he can score when he needs to, his playoff numbers are 14/10. I would take him over Bynum just for the fact that bynum is a softy.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 10:51 PM
kobe also scored 48 points on battier's *****? Counting 1 good game on defending means he will do it again? Yea, usually when that happens, kobe scores 50 the next time he faces the same guy. Also kobe always involves his teammates, and the lakers did not lose because of teammates not getting involved, infact it was the team not playing Defense and getting all soft, simple

do you honestly think kobe can score 50 every night, especially when he has 2 top 5 wing defenders coming at him one after another? plz dude then you need to get off of kobe's ****. also where did i say that battier would stop kobe every night? i simply stated that one that i night i think battier "contained" kobe, and if he could hold him to 15-40 shooting and 35 points a night, i would take that everytim e

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Luther Head, Brent Barry, Shane Battier, Alston, Artest are all fantastic 3 point shooters. And aron brooks won the college 3 point shoot out

as for defense, you got trevor ariza......big deal. The rockets have shane battier, the 2nd best perimeter defender in the nba. And you know who he is backing up? the best perimeter defender in the nba. And as for Scola, he can score when he needs to, his playoff numbers are 14/10. I would take him over Bynum just for the fact that bynum is a softy.

You have a surprise coming to you this season.

astrosmaniac
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I love it how just because kobe shot terrible from the field one game due to rockets defense ( i admit that ) makes it seem that from now on forever and ever you can stop kobe when ever you want. its pathetic

once again, where did i say that kobe wont do anything. i think the combo of battier/artest will contain him. contain him doesnt mean 10 points and 5 for 20, it means like 24 on 9 for 22 or something like that, respectable numbers, but not what kobe ussually averages

FOBolous
09-02-2008, 10:58 PM

no..we'll probably never stop Kobe cause stopping Kobe is pretty much impossible to do...he's going to gets his points no matter what. BUT...what the Rockets can do, with good team defense and good individual defenders (Battier and Artest), is LIMIT Kobe. suuuure Kobe will score 22, 23, 24, 25, or maybe more points but you know what? his FG% is going to be low. A low FG% means more offensive opportunities for the Rockets, and it also means that Kobe isn't getting his teammates invovled.

Think about it...Kobe's NEVER going to be able to get a break during the series....he starts off the game with Artest on him, than Battier comes off the bench fresh to relief Artest, than Artest comes back in fresh to guard Kobe to end the game. All that plus the Rockets' TEAM defense and the double teams Kobe going to face. In addition to the defense he'll be facing, he's going to have to come back on the defensive end to guard Tmac. You can't possibily look me straight in the eye and tell me Kobe isn't going to be bothered by that kind of defense and isn't going to be exhausted from having to play hard on both end of the court. He's good..yea...probably the best player in the NBA right now but he's still no Michael Jordan.

rhino17
09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
You have a surprise coming to you this season.

you care to make a wager on that?

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 11:03 PM

I'm liking this!:D Im hearing ya......what ya got?

LAKERMANIA
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM
I would take him over Bynum just for the fact that bynum is a softy.

:laugh:

Wow.. Bynum is a softy? So I am guessing you watch every Lakers game?

JMan17
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM

dude, ill bet you my house that you're dead wrong, softy LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzWGeT4PdsY

soft HAHAHA

JordansBulls
09-02-2008, 11:29 PM
I can already tell this series would be intense.

still1ballin
09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
How much more til the season starts?!?!?!?!

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-02-2008, 11:41 PM

Are you ok?:laugh::laugh::drunk::puke::crazy::pity:

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 11:52 PM
i love it how rockets fans talk trash when they didn't even get out of the first round. lakers in 6. two 7 footers beats yao "soft" ming.

lol at some of the people saying artest can contain kobe, nobody can contain kobe. nobody.

Pau Gasol is alot softer than Yao.

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Are you ok?:laugh::laugh::drunk::puke::crazy::pity:

Dude they are at about the same level of productivity as of right now....Bynum still has a ton of potential but it's not a surefire bet he will fulfill it....he hasn't yet.....it's not that much of a stretch to pick Scola over Bynum THIS YEAR.

innovator
09-03-2008, 01:08 AM
im tired of people saying that bynum only played well in 30 games so what? if its only 30 games then why cant other players average that kind of stats in 30 games? can scola get 13/10/2 in 30 games? NO, can biedrins? NO, can other C besides yao,dwight,kaman get 13/10/2 in 30 games? NO

chadtx01
09-03-2008, 01:09 AM

I love how Lakers fans talk about Bynum likes he's God's gift to the paint even though he hasnt played in a year. I also love how you act like just because Pao is a 7 footer he's a center......check this out.....he's not.

rhino17
09-03-2008, 01:27 AM
im tired of people saying that bynum only played well in 30 games so what? if its only 30 games then why cant other players average that kind of stats in 30 games? can scola get 13/10/2 in 30 games? NO, can biedrins? NO, can other C besides yao,dwight,kaman get 13/10/2 in 30 games? NO

Bogut gets 14/10

Shaq 13/10

Big Z 14/9

Okur 15/12 (playoffs)

SCOLA 14/10 (playoffs)

innovator
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM
^who said that pau is a C cuz his a 7 footer?!?!?

innovator
09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Bogut gets 14/10

Shaq 13/10

Big Z 14/9

Okur 15/12 (playoffs)

SCOLA 14/10 (playoffs)

thats not 30 games, i think u forgot that scola only played 6 games since the rockets were eliminated in 1st round, and okur also didnt play 30 games. and i said 13/10/2 which is 2 blocks

LAKERS 24/7
09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Uhh, there's a whole thread dedicated to Bynum, you can take it there. Anyway, I think that the Rockets are going to have a difficult time guarding all 5 position at the same time. Between Fisher, Kobe, Lamar, Pau, and Bynum there has to be a mismatch somewhere at all times. Although I can't be sure until I know what the rockets will put out there against this lineup.

Antbanks21
09-03-2008, 01:40 AM
I love how Lakers fans talk about Bynum likes he's God's gift to the paint even though he hasnt played in a year. I also love how you act like just because Pao is a 7 footer he's a center......check this out.....he's not.

yea he's not a C but he does well at Center look at his playoff stats:

Playoffs................MPG.....FG%....RPG....APG. ..BPG....PPG
First Round............40.0....0.582...9.0.....5.0....2. 8....22.3
Conf. Semi-Finals....42.7....0.560...8.3.....4.2....3.0....18 .5
Conf. Finals............37.0....0.446...9.6.....3.6....1 .6....13.2
Finals....................39.0....0.532...10.2.... 3.3....0.5....14.7

Most Centers cant average those numbers...

innovator
09-03-2008, 01:42 AM
^dont forget that he went up against camby,okur,boozer,duncan,garnett in the playoffs

LA_Raiders
09-03-2008, 01:54 AM
LOL...Haters...Lakers easy in 5...

innovator
09-03-2008, 02:08 AM
56-56

chadtx01
09-03-2008, 02:14 AM
^dont forget that he went up against camby,okur,boozer,duncan,garnett in the playoffs

I'm not questioning his numbers or ability, but just because he's a 7 footer doesnt mean he's gonna be able to guard Yao. With Bynum on the bench, who's gonna match up with Yao? I think in the Pao/Yao matchup in the paint, Yao comes out ahead.

innovator
09-03-2008, 02:26 AM
oh idk cuz i didnt say that i would bench bynum and put gasol on yao

chadtx01
09-03-2008, 02:50 AM
oh idk cuz i didnt say that i would bench bynum and put gasol on yao

You dont have to. When you have a center like Yao, the offense is going to go through him, meaning the opposing center sooner or later is going to get into foul trouble.

With either matchup, Bynum/Yao or Pao/Yao, Yao is going to get the better of it. If you double him, Houston has plenty of outside shooters that can hurt you. That would be the biggest matchup problem in that series IMO.

LakerzDQ
09-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Bogut gets 14/10

Shaq 13/10

Big Z 14/9

Okur 15/12 (playoffs)

SCOLA 14/10 (playoffs)

now show him who has as high a FG% as him, and as many blocks.

the playoffs is even less than 30 games.

I say the Lakers in 6 games. cuz I'm a Laker fan of course.

horry1ur
09-03-2008, 03:00 AM
Lakers lead by 2 58-56

innovator
09-03-2008, 03:03 AM
You dont have to. When you have a center like Yao, the offense is going to go through him, meaning the opposing center sooner or later is going to get into foul trouble.

With either matchup, Bynum/Yao or Pao/Yao, Yao is going to get the better of it. If you double him, Houston has plenty of outside shooters that can hurt you. That would be the biggest matchup problem in that series IMO.

if we double team yao, then to whom will yao pass the ball out to to make the outside shot???? alston?fisher will be deflecting the ball away and wont allow alston to have an open shot, tmac? KOBE enough said, artest? odom's length will bother him? and now that leaves us with scola!!!!!!

horry1ur
09-03-2008, 03:12 AM
if we double team yao, then to whom will yao pass the ball out to to make the outside shot???? alston?fisher will be deflecting the ball away and wont allow alston to have an open shot, tmac? KOBE enough said, artest? odom's length will bother him? and now that leaves us with scola!!!!!!

BTW did you see Gasol destroy Yao in the olympics? i did :)
Well not destroy but he did BETTER then Yao in the spain/china game

S.J.Basketball
09-03-2008, 04:06 AM
close this mofo. The people have spoken....

LAKERMANIA
09-03-2008, 04:22 AM
Wow I am really surprised of the amount of people that are underestimating Bynum..

Scola gets a double double in one series, which the Rockets lost, he is automatically better than Bynum who had 14/10 and 2 blocks a game for 30 regular season games?

airborne_06
09-03-2008, 04:24 AM
to all rockets fans who voted in this poll:

my godfather in daly city, california told me that we will never won in this poll duly because he always makes different accounts / email addresses to vote for the lakers... i don't know he's username coz he didnt reveal it to me.. he did this before already,and now he is still doing it... ITS UNFAIR!!! Lakers Fans are all Desperate...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BAD KARMA IS ALWAYS THERE)

airborne_06
09-03-2008, 04:27 AM

my godfather in daly city, california told me that we will never won in this poll duly because he always makes different accounts / email addresses to vote for the lakers... i don't know he's username coz he didnt reveal it to me.. he did this before already,and now he is still doing it... ITS UNFAIR!!! Lakers Fans are all Desperate...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (BAD KARMA IS ALWAYS THERE)

Im still trying to investigate...

innovator
09-03-2008, 04:29 AM
^^^lol karma????? who got karma the past 3 seasons? tmac and yao getting injured sounds like karma to me .. hahhaha ULOL MO

LAKERMANIA
09-03-2008, 04:35 AM

Your ratting on your own Godfather.. over a poll in a sports forum?

astrosmaniac
09-03-2008, 07:33 AM
close this mofo. The people have spoken....

no dont close it yet, the voting has been close all game and now that the lakers pull ahead you wanna close the thread:rolleyes: obviously you dont have any faith in your team

innovator
09-03-2008, 07:36 AM
it will close after 1 week i believe
score right now 60-59 rockets lead

astrosmaniac
09-03-2008, 07:40 AM
well then the people have spoken, lets close the poll :rolleyes: lol

innovator
09-03-2008, 07:51 AM
not yet it should be 1 week hahhahaha

FOBolous
09-03-2008, 08:29 AM

alston (44%), artest (38%), battier (38%), brent barry (42%), luther head (had an off year last season but average 39% for his career), aaron brooks (won the college 3 pts shootout), and more all capable outside shooters. so basically almost all of our PGs, SGs, and SFs are able outside shooters.

innovator
09-03-2008, 08:59 AM
we have defender who can defend those guys, and i have already said what will happen when the starting 5 are on the floor and ill say it again

and as if you can put them on the floor at the same time

Frank Costanza
09-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I voted Rox in 6. History has proven that the best series , the most even matched series always tend to end in 6 or 7, I say six because when the rox do go up 3-2 and head to staples for a big game 6, I think this team will ultimatly claim themselves the western conference champions

Rico1455
09-03-2008, 10:30 AM
lakers in 6

3 words
- chemistry
- playoff experience

they had both of those over boston last year and it didn't help

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
History has shown what Phil Jackson does against Rick Adelman's system

I expect this to be EXACTLY the same series back in 02 when the lakers beat the kings in 7. Both had great rosters.

Skin&Bones
09-03-2008, 10:50 AM

Yea but Rockets ain't no Boston.

FOBolous
09-03-2008, 11:27 AM
we have defender who can defend those guys, and i have already said what will happen when the starting 5 are on the floor and ill say it again

and as if you can put them on the floor at the same time

i don't know if you know but Scola's actually a pretty solid player. He's an experienced player who won the MVP in the Spanish League and the 04 Olympics. He averaged 10/6 in his rookie season and 14/9 (Lamar Odom averaged 14/10) in his first playoff appearance this past year. leaving him open isn't really a good idea. If leaving a player like Scola is the best the Lakers' defense can offer than the Lakers are in for a long series.

Tha Truth
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Lakers in 6

Rico1455
09-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Yea but Rockets ain't no Boston.

never said they were

LAKERMANIA
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM

Um.. that means they have more playoff experience... :rolleyes:

FortyDubs
09-03-2008, 02:18 PM
History has shown what Phil Jackson does against Rick Adelman's system

I expect this to be EXACTLY the same series back in 02 when the lakers beat the kings in 7. Both had great rosters.

Yeah, they only had to rig the series to do it too.

rapswin98
09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
lakers in 7

LA_cabals
09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Shouldn't Houston fans be more worried about their foes in Utah...

astrosmaniac
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM
WTF does that have to do with this matchup, in this scenerio, they alreasy beat the hornets and the jazz

horry1ur
09-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Lakers lead by 4 67-63

Vidball
09-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Only reason its so close is because a thread was put up in the Rockets forum for people to vote for HOU. If that would be done in the Lakers forum it would be a landslide the L.A.'s favor.

Lakers in 6. Better backcourt, better coach, better bench, better shooting, better passing, more experience.

horry1ur
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
^isnt that against the rules?

LAKERMANIA
09-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Only reason its so close is because a thread was put up in the Rockets forum for people to vote for HOU. If that would be done in the Lakers forum it would be a landslide the L.A.'s favor.

Lakers in 6. Better backcourt, better coach, better bench, better shooting, better passing, more experience.

I was actually very surprised how the Rockets were winning by so much when this thread was first put up..

horry1ur
09-03-2008, 10:56 PM
LM haha i was surprised too its all good we are winning right now by 4 or 5 unless they make accounts just to vote and only have 1 post

astrosmaniac
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM

can you show me this thread? cause all the threads with post since this thing started in the rockets forum have nothing to do with this. dont make up lies to try and discredit fans of the other team just because your not winning by 20 votes

innovator
09-03-2008, 11:20 PM
it doesnt really matter who wins this poll, cuz the lakers are gonna win in real life anyway! and last offseason who voted for the celtics to win the championship???? and who voted for the lakers to make the finals????

astrosmaniac
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM
it doesnt really matter who wins this poll, cuz the lakers are gonna win in real life anyway! and last offseason who voted for the celtics to win the championship???? and who voted for the lakers to make the finals????

so the 2 teams that make the finals here (boston and LA) wont make the finals, im fine with that :)

dre1990
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Rockets wouldnt have a chance

Vidball
09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
can you show me this thread? cause all the threads with post since this thing started in the rockets forum have nothing to do with this. dont make up lies to try and discredit fans of the other team just because your not winning by 20 votes

The thread was not only locked but also deleted. Nice little attack on me though...lol. Good form.

Rhyming Rebel
09-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Rockets in 5. We are great

Alston>Fisher
TMac&Artest > Kobe&Odom
Yao&Scola> Every1 else

ARMIN12NBA
09-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Rockets in 5. We are great

Alston>Fisher
TMac&Artest > Kobe&Odom
Yao&Scola> Every1 else

:clap: Congratulations on winning the homer post of the year.

IversonIsKrazy
09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
wow, Rhyming Rebel, u've gotta b in the nominees for tha worst homer post. gotta go w/ lakers. as they r winning by 5 votes.

AllTheWay
09-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Hahahhaa wow, how pathetic of rockets fans to rally up in their forum to vote for this

horry1ur
09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
LOl seriously that was the BIGGEST home post ive seen nice job rhyming rebel

AllTheWay
09-03-2008, 11:56 PM

This sounds believable :rolleyes:

JordansBulls
09-04-2008, 12:08 AM

You are right in the sense that Phoenix and the Bulls were voted to be in the finals and neither got out of round 1.

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 12:10 AM
My grandpas uncle who was friends with my cousins third best friend whose boyfriends mom had a sister who had an ex husband told his wifes niece who is from Houston told me that he is making accounts on PSD and voting for the Rockets but i told the niece who told her aunts husband who told his sisters mom who told her sons girlfriend who told my cousin who told my grandpas uncle that "hey guess what? Rockets are still losing :D

Now this is more believable:D

ARMIN12NBA
09-04-2008, 12:38 AM
My grandpas uncle who was friends with my cousins third best friend whose boyfriends mom had a sister who had an ex husband told his wifes niece who is from Houston told me that he is making accounts on PSD and voting for the Rockets but i told the niece who told her aunts husband who told his sisters mom who told her sons girlfriend who told my cousin who told my grandpas uncle that "hey guess what? Rockets are still losing :D

Now this is more believable:D

:laugh2: That was pretty funny. It is now my new sig.

Zefflin
09-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Ha, it's like a horrible repetitive Family Guy joke.

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
:laugh2: That was pretty funny. It is now my new sig.

Thank you :bow:

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 12:58 AM
Ha, it's like a horrible repetitive Family Guy joke.

Hey....i tried:rolleyes:

astrosmaniac
09-04-2008, 07:51 AM
The thread was not only locked but also deleted. Nice little attack on me though...lol. Good form.

if a thread is deleted, then it leaves a little thing that says, this thread has been deleted, there have been no deleted threads in the rockets forum since this started

airborne_06
09-04-2008, 08:04 AM
i dont want to argue regarding that fraud on that poll....

if bynum will not play at center, the lakers line up should be? while the rocket will be..

fisher < tmac
bryant > battier (but bryant is exhausted)
radmanovic < artest
odom < scola
gasol < yao

what a sweep...

airborne_06
09-04-2008, 08:05 AM
best of seven series?? rockets on 6.. the greatest team on road is the houston......

innovator
09-04-2008, 08:58 AM
i dont want to argue regarding that fraud on that poll....

if bynum will not play at center, the lakers line up should be? while the rocket will be..

fisher < tmac
bryant > battier (but bryant is exhausted)
radmanovic < artest
odom < scola
gasol < yao

what a sweep...

lol tmac at PG and scola is not better than odom and why will bynum not play C?

agobbi17
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM
ok check this out laker fans and any other fan. With the addition of Ron Artest, you cannot double team Yao Ming or Tracy McGrady, if you do, you will get beat, beat bad. The only way teams can stop the rockets is primarily double teaming Yao and getting him in foul trouble. When Yao was out, teams started double teaming McGrady, and the season ended. With 3 superstars, have fun with playing zone or man to man because neither will work.

GO ROCKETS!

Vidball
09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
^^^Lol...so, by your logic Bynum, Gasol, & Kobe will all be single-covered too. Who is Scola gonna guard--whether its Bynum or Gasol they will pound him. Also, either TMac will need to guard Kobe (which would be a joke) or Artest would try to guard Kobe (he hasn't had success against Kobe in his career) leaving TMac to guard a 6-10 Odom. Houston would be a great matchup for L.A.

astrosmaniac
09-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Artest or battier (whoever is on the court) will single team kobe. let him get 35, dont stop him, stop his teamates, thats how you beat the lakers. no one can carry a team if all 4 guys on the court arent helping. mcgrady is 6' 8" and can guard odom, yao can guard bynum, and scola is the perfect matchup for gasol, they are both internationaly player and scola knows his game better than most players in the NBA from playing him in the olympics and EURO league

airborne_06
09-04-2008, 06:42 PM
bynum will be out for another injury and become handicapped...hehehe... he is very OVERRATED!!! unlike yao, scola, artest, tmac.. they already prove to theirselves that basketball loves them..???
yao-most dominant center on the league
scola-mvp of fiba america (2008), 2004 gold medalist olympics
artest -defensive player
tmac- 2-time scoring champs!!!

SensandRaps
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
laker in 7 tough series it will be

ARMIN12NBA
09-04-2008, 07:22 PM
ok check this out laker fans and any other fan. With the addition of Ron Artest, you cannot double team Yao Ming or Tracy McGrady, if you do, you will get beat, beat bad. The only way teams can stop the rockets is primarily double teaming Yao and getting him in foul trouble. When Yao was out, teams started double teaming McGrady, and the season ended. With 3 superstars, have fun with playing zone or man to man because neither will work.

GO ROCKETS!

LOL at the idea of T-Mac needing to be double-teamed. The guy shoots an incredibly terrible 41% from the field. Nobody needs to double-team the guy because he has a horrific shot selection. He shoots 29% from three yet he took nearly 300 threes last year. What is wrong with the guy? He nearly has a zero basketball IQ. The Lakers won't even need to double on Yao. They have never done so. Jackson usually just has Bryant swoop in every now and then, but that is all. I'm sorry, but your argument makes no sense.

IversonIsKrazy
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
t-mac has a horrible series. yao doesnt play enough D. Kobe stars in tha series. gasol destroys the paint. Bynum has a break-thru series. odom has tha worst series ever, and artest plan is a failure.

IversonIsKrazy
09-04-2008, 07:38 PM
lakers in 6 or 7.

rhino17
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
^^^Lol...so, by your logic Bynum, Gasol, & Kobe will all be single-covered too. Who is Scola gonna guard--whether its Bynum or Gasol they will pound him. Also, either TMac will need to guard Kobe (which would be a joke) or Artest would try to guard Kobe (he hasn't had success against Kobe in his career) leaving TMac to guard a 6-10 Odom. Houston would be a great matchup for L.A.

Artest is the best perimeter defender in the nba, im sure he can cover kobe as good as anyone. And i really dont think it would be difficult for the 6'9 tmac to guard a 6'10 odom. Tmac plays the best defense in the nba against Dirk who is 7 feet

JMan17
09-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Artest is the best perimeter defender in the nba, im sure he can cover kobe as good as anyone. And i really dont think it would be difficult for the 6'9 tmac to guard a 6'10 odom. Tmac plays the best defense in the nba against Dirk who is 7 feet

I don't think you understand the fact "NOBODY CAN DEFEND KOBE" Artest never did well on kobe before and never will. Tmac will beat Odom stats wise but Tmac will have trouble when he goes 5-21 FG against Odom. And Tmac playing best defense in the NBA? Bruse Bowen comes to mind, and Tmac's D is mediocre, he only did well against Dirk because Tmac was MUCH QUICKER and basically stole the ball several times. Ill be more impressed if he could defend well against players like wade, Manu, Lewis, Rip, Prince, but right now he can't, and his health won't let him

airborne_06
09-04-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't think you understand the fact "NOBODY CAN DEFEND KOBE" Artest never did well on kobe before and never will. Tmac will beat Odom stats wise but Tmac will have trouble when he goes 5-21 FG against Odom. And Tmac playing best defense in the NBA? Bruse Bowen comes to mind, and Tmac's D is mediocre, he only did well against Dirk because Tmac was MUCH QUICKER and basically stole the ball several times. Ill be more impressed if he could defend well against players like wade, Manu, Lewis, Rip, Prince, but right now he can't, and his health won't let him

U are saying that odom will defend tmac? are u crazy??? kobe will defend tmac definitely coz he is the superstar among artest and yao. odom will defend artest or scola...

fisher - alston
odom - tmac
kobe - artest
gasol - scola
bynum - yao

artest is typically a very physical player and loves to play inside.. i think kobe will not defend artest because he is very exhauested when artest/battier defends him.. kobe will defend either alston/tmac to make a little rest..

astrosmaniac
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM

cant you read? He said AGAINST DIRK. wow serious, you need to get off of kobe's ****. hes not gods gift to badsketball, hes not even top 20 all-time, so dont say "NO ONE CAN DEFEND KOBE". Defend, contain, and stop are 3 different words, how many times must i say that? defending a player means just trying to stop them. every player in the league can "defend" kobe, but only a few can contain him. if you mean noone can stop kobe because he scores 40 on 16 of 45 shooting, then yes no one can stop kobe, but i would take those stats everyday

yaowowrocket11
09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
This is close! Come on Rockets!

rhino17
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM

I wont bother arguing with someone who isnt even lieterate

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
cant you read? He said AGAINST DIRK. wow serious, you need to get off of kobe's ****. hes not gods gift to badsketball, hes not even top 20 all-time, so dont say "NO ONE CAN DEFEND KOBE". Defend, contain, and stop are 3 different words, how many times must i say that? defending a player means just trying to stop them. every player in the league can "defend" kobe, but only a few can contain him. if you mean noone can stop kobe because he scores 40 on 16 of 45 shooting, then yes no one can stop kobe, but i would take those stats everyday

first off he doesnt play "badsketball" he plays basketball so ofcourse hes not top-20 in the sport of badsketball lmao

and second of saying he is not top 20 is a little harsh even if your the biggest kobe hater it doesnt matter hes a beast...can you answer this question? who is the best player in the game right now? your prolly going to choose T-mac but the real answer is Kobe

superkegger
09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
74-68 lakers, very close.

astrosmaniac
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
first off he doesnt play "badsketball" he plays basketball so ofcourse hes not top-20 in the sport of badsketball lmao

and second of saying he is not top 20 is a little harsh even if your the biggest kobe hater it doesnt matter hes a beast...can you answer this question? who is the best player in the game right now? your prolly going to choose T-mac but the real answer is Kobe

wow i made a typo, big deal. and im not kobe hater, i just honestly dont think he is top 20 alltime in basketball. and the best player in the game right now is lebron james. im not a homer who blatanly says his team will win and thinks his players are gods gift to basketball. dont automatically asume i am. and this next point is not directed at you but people on this site in general.

Bynum is not the next shaq, he averaged like 13 and 10 for 30 games. prove he can do it for more than a month and a half. im not saying he CANT, but im saying he HASNT yet and i want some results before i believe he will be a top dominant center (meaning 20 and 10 with around 2 blocks, assists, and a decent FT%)

Second, Kobe is not gods dift to basketball. he is the 2nd best player in the league. we get it, hes great, but that doesnt mean he will be scoring 35 points on lik 48% EVERY GAME. Elite defenders can slow guys down, thats why they are called ELITE.

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Okay? what has LeBron done that Kobe hasnt? to become the best player in the league right now? maybe after Kobe leaves LeBron will become the best player in the game but thats still a whiles away and plus Kobes the only player ever considered on the same level as Jordan has LeBron been compared to Jordan or anywhere close? im not a LeBron hater or anything that kid can play but saying he is the best player in the game right now is a bit Kobe Haterish dont you think?

astrosmaniac
09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Okay? what has LeBron done that Kobe hasnt? to become the best player in the league right now? maybe after Kobe leaves LeBron will become the best player in the game but thats still a whiles away and plus Kobes the only player ever considered on the same level as Jordan has LeBron been compared to Jordan or anywhere close? im not a LeBron hater or anything that kid can play but saying he is the best player in the game right now is a bit Kobe Haterish dont you think?

no i dont, and im not talking accomplishments. kobe has had a much better team around him than lebron, im just talking overall in skill set IMO, and kobe isnt on the same level as jordan, i dont care what anyone says, hes not.

once again, this is just my opinion and im not a kobe hater, i just dont want people overrating him so much

goku
09-04-2008, 10:43 PM
i cant wait till the season start all this is pointless

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
no i dont, and im not talking accomplishments. kobe has had a much better team around him than lebron, im just talking overall in skill set IMO, and kobe isnt on the same level as jordan, i dont care what anyone says, hes not.

once again, this is just my opinion and im not a kobe hater, i just dont want people overrating him so much

Yeah im fine with you having your opinion but i wouldnt argue if LeBron actually shot better from the field like his game is all in the paint and yeah i agree that Kobe isnt on the same level as Jordan but Kobe is such a beast anyone of us wouldnt have a idea until we actually face him on the court

innovator
09-04-2008, 11:30 PM
bottom line is LAKERS > ROCKETS, artest wouldnt mesh with his teamates so dont expect him to play well like how he did last season when he averaged 20ppg cuz the kings suck so bad and in houston he is only 3rd option so he wouldnt be happy about that AND artest cant contain kobe .

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 11:37 PM
bottom line is LAKERS > ROCKETS, artest wouldnt mesh with his teamates so dont expect him to play well like how he did last season when he averaged 20ppg cuz the kings suck so bad and in houston he is only 3rd option so he wouldnt be happy about that AND artest cant contain kobe .

This comment is garbage

The Rockets roster is much much much better than the Kings. You realize this right??? Artest has already said in multiple interviews he's looking to prove a lot of people wrong. Saying and doing are 2 different things, but trust me, winning changes your attitude. Rockets have a loaded squad and Artest will be fine. Rockets are a defensive minded team and that will fit well for Artest. Im sorry, im no rockets fan by any means. But this team is going to do damage if healthy. I cant predict they will be or any team will be. But i voted on this poll expecting both the Lakers and The Rockets to be 100 % healthy. If thats the case rockets win no problem

Nighthawk
09-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Id also like to point out each team has many votes from people with few posts. Little sketchy. Im not saying anything but............

horry1ur
09-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Lakers 76- Rockets 69

ARMIN12NBA
09-05-2008, 12:03 AM
wow i made a typo, big deal. and im not kobe hater, i just honestly dont think he is top 20 alltime in basketball. and the best player in the game right now is lebron james. im not a homer who blatanly says his team will win and thinks his players are gods gift to basketball. dont automatically asume i am. and this next point is not directed at you but people on this site in general.

Bynum is not the next shaq, he averaged like 13 and 10 for 30 games. prove he can do it for more than a month and a half. im not saying he CANT, but im saying he HASNT yet and i want some results before i believe he will be a top dominant center (meaning 20 and 10 with around 2 blocks, assists, and a decent FT%)

Second, Kobe is not gods dift to basketball. he is the 2nd best player in the league. we get it, hes great, but that doesnt mean he will be scoring 35 points on lik 48% EVERY GAME. Elite defenders can slow guys down, thats why they are called ELITE.

LOL at Lebron James being the best player. I think it's funny that everybody says how great he is even though he clearly relies on power and just running through people (his midrange jumper of 35% and 3-point shot of 31% proves his horrendous shooting- compare to Kobes 42% and 36%). When he gets older then his production will minimize greatly while Kobe has actual great all-around skills, which is what keeps the greats in the game for a long time.

Again, LOL at the decent FT%. So Shaq isn't a dominant center? So Wilt isn't a dominant center? Anyways, Bynum shoots 70%, which is better than most centers.

Rox07
09-05-2008, 12:20 AM
LOL I just realized how pointless these threads are... Like who is going to win blah blah blah, from what I understand none of us are jesus here and already know whos gonna win so why the fck does anyone else's opinion matter? Whatever the case is both of these teams are good, yes the rockets are better, but it doesn't matter b/c even a better team can lose to a team that matches up well against them.

horry1ur
09-05-2008, 12:58 AM
LOL I just realized how pointless these threads are... Like who is going to win blah blah blah, from what I understand none of us are jesus here and already know whos gonna win so why the fck does anyone else's opinion matter? Whatever the case is both of these teams are good, yes the rockets are better, but it doesn't matter b/c even a better team can lose to a team that matches up well against them.
:laugh2:
Nice way to set an example LMAO!

Rox07
09-05-2008, 01:11 AM
:laugh2:
Nice way to set an example LMAO!

1st of all where in my post did I say listen to my opinion...? Thats what I thought buddy... reading comprehension.

2nd theres no need to raise the font size by like 50, all you really have to do is bold whatever is important to you. lol obviously we aren't blind.

horry1ur
09-05-2008, 01:16 AM
1st of all where in my post did I say listen to my opinion...? Thats what I thought buddy... reading comprehension.

2nd theres no need to raise the font size by like 50, all you really have to do is bold whatever is important to you. lol obviously we aren't blind.

Ok well first of all im not your buddy

and second of all its only size 7 not size "50"

bigmac8675
09-05-2008, 02:32 AM
I voted Lakers in 7. It will be a series full of close games, with maybe only one blowout.

airborne_06
09-05-2008, 02:53 AM
i think this poll is nit to be with lakers-rockets rivlry..
its kobe-bynum versus tmac-yao..

airborne_06
09-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Offensive Line-up:
Yao-Scola-Artest-McGrady-Barry

Defensive Line-up:
Deke-Hayes-Battier-Strawberry-Alston

Do lakers have that????rockets on 6

airborne_06
09-05-2008, 02:56 AM
Offensive Line-up:
Yao-Scola-Artest-McGrady-Barry/Francis (if healthy)

Defensive Line-up:
Deke-Hayes-Artest/Battier-Strawberry-Alston

Edit/Delete Message

LAKERS 24/7
09-05-2008, 03:24 AM
Offensive Line-up:

Defensive Line-up:

Offensive Line-up:
Sasha/Kobe/Lamar/Gasol/Bynum

Defensive Line-up:
Fisher/Kobe/Trevor/Gasol/Bynum

Do rockets have that????lakers on 6

Notice how are offensive and defensive lineups are almost the same, because our players can actually do both as the same time :D

horry1ur
09-05-2008, 03:26 AM
^hahah nice

horry1ur
09-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Lakers lead by 7
77-70
3 more days :D til voting closes

SC1211
09-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Offensive Line-up:

Defensive Line-up:

Notice how are offensive and defensive lineups are almost the same, because our players can actually do both as the same time :D

LOL at pegging them as defensive players. Gasoft and defense?

I think a line-up of Alston, McGrady, Artest, Scola, and Yao does well at both ends...certainly a better defensive team than the Lakers.

Vidball
09-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Offensive Line-up:
Defensive Line-up:
Deke-Hayes-Artest/Battier-Strawberry-Alston

That might just be the worst lineup in the NBA. No way would HOU ever go with a sorry lineup like that unless they had the typical Yao/Tmac injuires or got down by 20.
A backcourt of Alston/Strawberry sounds intimidating :smoking:

Manos
09-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Offensive Line-up:

Defensive Line-up:

Yeah Gasol and Bynum are real defensive stoppers..... what a joke.

Manos
09-05-2008, 12:11 PM
That might just be the worst lineup in the NBA. No way would HOU ever go with a sorry lineup like that unless they had the typical Yao/Tmac injuires or got down by 20.
A backcourt of Alston/Strawberry sounds intimidating :smoking:

I agree. The only way I think an all defensive line up would happen is if it was down to the last few seconds of the 4th in a close game. I think their best defensive line up should be Deke/Hayes/Artest/Battier/Strawberry. The one guard is the weakest spot and I haven't seen much of Strawberry play, but from what I've read is he's a solid defensive player, but not much on the other end of the court.

JMan17
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Bynum are real defensive stoppers..... what a joke.

you don't watch any of the lakers games do you? what a joke.

Vincent
09-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Offensive Line-up:

Defensive Line-up:

Are you on crack?

How is Deke and his skinny frame, 55 year old knees, and lost athletism a better defensive player than a 28 year old, 7'5 footer, who can actually play the game in stretches longer than 18 minutes.

How is Strawberry a better defender than a 6'9 SHOOTING GUARD with lengthy arms and good foot speed (McGrady)? Or a Defensive nightmare at 6'8 with a Running Back body and boxer's mentality (Artest).

Defensively Hayes and Scola are about the same, but Scola would get the nod for his ability to score, and he's tougher and more experienced than Hayes.

And Luther Head is a better defender than Alston. He's 6'4 with a big frame.

astrosmaniac
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Are you on crack?

How is Deke and his skinny frame, 55 year old knees, and lost athletism a better defensive player than a 28 year old, 7'5 footer, who can actually play the game in stretches longer than 18 minutes.

How is Strawberry a better defender than a 6'9 SHOOTING GUARD with lengthy arms and good foot speed (McGrady)? Or a Defensive nightmare at 6'8 with a Running Back body and boxer's mentality (Artest).

Defensively Hayes and Scola are about the same, but Scola would get the nod for his ability to score, and he's tougher and more experienced than Hayes.

deke is one of the best defenders ever, dont even question that

LAKERMANIA
09-05-2008, 04:05 PM

I don't know about Gasol.. But Bynum averaged 2 blocks a game until he went down with an injury..

Vincent
09-05-2008, 04:37 PM
deke is one of the best defenders ever, dont even question that

Yeah, like 6 years ago when he actually played more than 20 minutes a game.

Just because a player has a legacy, doesn't mean they're better than players currently in the league, especially players as talented as Yao Ming.

So before you get on NBA.com and start pulling career stats, just realize that Deke hasn't been a top defender in a long time.

astrosmaniac
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
hes still amazing. he was getting 3 blocks a game last year. hes still dominant on defense

IversonIsKrazy
09-05-2008, 07:41 PM
defensive line-up for lakers.

Fish(top 3 in pg defending)
Kobe(top 3 overall perimeter defending)
Ariza(underrated solid one-on-one defender at the perimeter)
Gasol(7'0. lakers have no defence at this spot. but their guarding scola, so nothing to worry abt.)
Bynum(very good help side defender, has long arms and can block a lot of shots.

Rockets.

T-Mac(okay i guess, alston has horrible D so yeah.)
Artest(very quick on ball, gets a lot of steals and top 5 one-on-one defenders.)
Battier(super great! him and bowen r tha best perimeter defenders of all-time.)
Anyone(n-e-1 PF they got has horrible D. as bad as gasol, but atleast gasol has height.)
Yao(not good. hes 7'6 but almost never jumps, how many times has he been posterized or blocked! countless times, hes a horrible defender.

Rockets: So on defence, rockets have the best perimeter defence in the league. but down-low horrible, its also bad that they gotta take on gasol & bynum.
Offensively, good. struggled a lot last year, but artest can give u 20ppg. but it also doesnt help that their best player has a horrible non-efficent 41% from fg's, and under 74% from ft.

Lakers: Good perimeter defending, not as good as rockets though, but still solid. down-low, they have lots of height, and bynum is a good blocker. they have ACCEPTABLE defence down-low, not good, but not bad neither.
Offensively u got an amazing team. u got tha triple-towers: bynum/gasol/odom, the best player, and one-of the best benches.

Overall: Although rockets have the best perimeter defending, lakers r ranked pretty high as well. rockets do have horrible post defence down-low, while lakers r acceptable. Rockets r not strong offensively, it depends wither t-mac can shoot over atleast 46% from fg and over 75% from ft's. While lakers r the 3rd best offensive team in the nba.

Final Verdict: LA Lakers in 6 or 7

ARMIN12NBA
09-05-2008, 07:51 PM

Gasol is not a defensive stopper, but he is pretty good. He held Boozer to 40% shooting. He held Duncan to 43% shooting and he held Garnett to 42% shooting. Can Yao, Scola, Deke, etc. do that? No. Bynum is a very good defensive player so that part of your post was simply ignorant.

airborne_06
09-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Are you on crack?

Dont you ever think strawberry can guard sg/pg. he defended kobe so much last season... and for your info, deke is as good as before in interior defense... the basis for your defensive skills are the height of the players.. not their abilities to defend.. you dont know so much about basketball dude..

Hayes can defend small PFs and SF like lebron james,anthony...
Tmac in his height can abused his opponent with his long arms...

astrosmaniac
09-05-2008, 09:40 PM
defensive line-up for lakers.

Fish(top 3 in pg defending)
Kobe(top 3 overall perimeter defending)
Ariza(underrated solid one-on-one defender at the perimeter)
Gasol(7'0. lakers have no defence at this spot. but their guarding scola, so nothing to worry abt.)
Bynum(very good help side defender, has long arms and can block a lot of shots.

Rockets.

T-Mac(okay i guess, alston has horrible D so yeah.)
Artest(very quick on ball, gets a lot of steals and top 5 one-on-one defenders.)
Battier(super great! him and bowen r tha best perimeter defenders of all-time.)
Anyone(n-e-1 PF they got has horrible D. as bad as gasol, but atleast gasol has height.)
Yao(not good. hes 7'6 but almost never jumps, how many times has he been posterized or blocked! countless times, hes a horrible defender.

Rockets: So on defence, rockets have the best perimeter defence in the league. but down-low horrible, its also bad that they gotta take on gasol & bynum.
Offensively, good. struggled a lot last year, but artest can give u 20ppg. but it also doesnt help that their best player has a horrible non-efficent 41% from fg's, and under 74% from ft.

Lakers: Good perimeter defending, not as good as rockets though, but still solid. down-low, they have lots of height, and bynum is a good blocker. they have ACCEPTABLE defence down-low, not good, but not bad neither.
Offensively u got an amazing team. u got tha triple-towers: bynum/gasol/odom, the best player, and one-of the best benches.

Overall: Although rockets have the best perimeter defending, lakers r ranked pretty high as well. rockets do have horrible post defence down-low, while lakers r acceptable. Rockets r not strong offensively, it depends wither t-mac can shoot over atleast 46% from fg and over 75% from ft's. While lakers r the 3rd best offensive team in the nba.

Final Verdict: LA Lakers in 6 or 7

that was a very well thought out, in depth respons, but i found a few things wrong. if kobe is top 3 as you say in D, with battier and bowen being 1 and 2, does that mean he better than artest? im srry, kobe is a really good defender, but not better than artest. also, ill agree, last year scola's D wasnt anything special, but he was learning the NBA rules VS international, and this year, he will be better. also Yao's D isnt horrible, hes a top defender

innovator
09-05-2008, 10:07 PM
yao isnt a top defender how can you say that, he only looks like good on defense cuz his 7'5

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-05-2008, 10:09 PM
that was a very well thought out, in depth respons, but i found a few things wrong. if kobe is top 3 as you say in D, with battier and bowen being 1 and 2, does that mean he better than artest? im srry, kobe is a really good defender, but not better than artest. also, ill agree, last year scola's D wasnt anything special, but he was learning the NBA rules VS international, and this year, he will be better. also Yao's D isnt horrible, hes a top defender

perimeter defending and 1 on 1 defending (like shutting down players) are different.
Yao is tall and top 10 shot blocker, he is not a good defender but he is not bad either.

Oh and i just want to note to people who think Pau sucks in defense, that Pau is not a bad defender, he actually puts up a great match up against who he is guarding just look up boozers/garnets/Camby/Duncan's fg% in the playoffs ... and he will get better playing his natural position at PF once Bynum comes.

bogdanrom
09-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Lakers in 7 if both teams healthy.

horry1ur
09-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Lakers by 11 83-72

ANd some of the Rockets fans already saying these threads are pointless and stuff i kind of find it funny

astrosmaniac
09-05-2008, 11:55 PM
perimeter defending and 1 on 1 defending (like shutting down players) are different.
Yao is tall and top 10 shot blocker, he is not a good defender but he is not bad either.

Oh and i just want to note to people who think Pau sucks in defense, that Pau is not a bad defender, he actually puts up a great match up against who he is guarding just look up boozers/garnets/Camby/Duncan's fg% in the playoffs ... and he will get better playing his natural position at PF once Bynum comes.

just on that last note. if gasol is a good defender then what is yao?

astrosmaniac
09-05-2008, 11:58 PM
yao isnt a top defender how can you say that, he only looks like good on defense cuz his 7'5

you obviously dont watch him play then. ref rip yao off of calls all the time. they call him for fouls when he has his hands straight up and not moving and hell get hammered in the lane and called for the foul. for a guy whos 7'5, hes actually a very good defender. 7'6 guys are usually slow and unable to move quick enough to play good D. he is a top defender in the league

innovator
09-06-2008, 12:08 AM

bad defender :p

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Lol all i did was point out facts of how Pau IS a good defender, sure he can be soft sometimes but when Bynum comes back he will adjust, Pau is 10 rebound 2 blocks player ... and I already told you what he did against the other Pfs/C in the playoffs.
What is Yao? He is a 7'6 injury prone player who is good at D but not top 10.

LakerzDQ
09-06-2008, 06:46 AM
you obviously dont watch him play then. ref rip yao off of calls all the time. they call him for fouls when he has his hands straight up and not moving and hell get hammered in the lane and called for the foul. for a guy whos 7'5, hes actually a very good defender. 7'6 guys are usually slow and unable to move quick enough to play good D. he is a top defender in the league

and refs are part of the game. so if there was a 7 game series, yao will still get rip off calls, and Lakers will take advantage of that.

Gasol's defense is superior to Scola's. Bynum's defense is superior to Yao's. Battier/Artest are better defenders than Kobe. I don't even know if Alston is a good defender or not.

astrosmaniac
09-06-2008, 10:41 AM
and refs are part of the game. so if there was a 7 game series, yao will still get rip off calls, and Lakers will take advantage of that.

Gasol's defense is superior to Scola's. Bynum's defense is superior to Yao's. Battier/Artest are better defenders than Kobe. I don't even know if Alston is a good defender or not.

i never said scola was better defensively, i just said he was learning the ropes last year and he will be betterthis year. and yao is a very good defender, if you dont see that then you obviously dont watch him for more than 2 games a year

Manos
09-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Gasol is not a defensive stopper, but he is pretty good. He held Boozer to 40% shooting. He held Duncan to 43% shooting and he held Garnett to 42% shooting. Can Yao, Scola, Deke, etc. do that? No. Bynum is a very good defensive player so that part of your post was simply ignorant.

Look up the teams' defensive stats from last season genius. Lakers allowed 101.3 ppg, 19th in league. Hell, the Clippers allowed less ppg playing without Brand. The Rockets, without Artest, only allowed 92 ppg. As good as you say your backcourt (Kobe/Fisher) is defensively, (and I agree they that they are), who then is allowing all these points? Could it be your front court? And yes, Yao and Deke are both better defensively than Bynum and Gasol. Houston's been one of the top defensive teams in the NBA over the last few seasons. The last season the Rockets gave up more than 92.3 ppg for the season was 2001-02.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-06-2008, 11:18 PM
88-74 Lakers. What is it, first one up to 100 votes or what?

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Look up the teams' defensive stats from last season genius. Lakers allowed 101.3 ppg, 19th in league. Hell, the Clippers allowed less ppg playing without Brand. The Rockets, without Artest, only allowed 92 ppg. As good as you say your backcourt (Kobe/Fisher) is defensively, (and I agree they that they are), who then is allowing all these points? Could it be your front court? And yes, Yao and Deke are both better defensively than Bynum and Gasol. Houston's been one of the top defensive teams in the NBA over the last few seasons. The last season the Rockets gave up more than 92.3 ppg for the season was 2001-02.

Other teams scored that much because the Lakers play a faster paced game. They were also scoring 108 PPG and had the second-best scoring margin of victory in the NBA. In OVERALL defense, which considers FG% among other stats as well as the teams pace, the Lakers were ranked 6th for the year. They were pretty good. Not to mention that with Bynum, the Lakers were ranked 4th.

Beno7500
09-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Houston in 5

LAKERS 24/7
09-07-2008, 03:58 AM

You obviously don't know much if you consider points allowed the only measure for how to rate a team's defense.

innovator
09-07-2008, 04:32 AM

lakers play fast pace basketball. and the clippers allow less cuz they play very slow and that also explain why the clippers score very few points and you should also look at FG% to see how a teams defense look like...... a slow paced team can shoot 50% but only score like 95 points but a fast paced team can shoot only 40% but still score 110 points.

S.J.Basketball
09-07-2008, 05:27 AM
As I said before....close this mofo. The people have spoken.:smoking:

_Supreme_
09-07-2008, 05:35 AM
Why do you all even bother with these polls when it's a simple matter of which team has the most fans at PSD in the end anyway :rolleyes:

(Although this one is closer than I thought)

ARMIN12NBA
09-07-2008, 05:37 AM
Why do you all even bother with these polls when it's a simple matter of which team has the most fans at PSD in the end anyway :rolleyes:

The Lakers did not win in the polls last year...

still1ballin
09-07-2008, 02:52 PM

They're alot of people who are laker haters who vote against the lakers in any series so it becomes pretty even.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
there are as much laker haters then laker fans in this forum too ..
PHX, the Celts, rockets, are all against the lakers. Especially the lebron fans.

yaowowrocket11
09-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Rockets should win this! :D

S.J.Basketball
09-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Shouldn't this be close already? rockets got pwned.

LAKERMANIA
09-08-2008, 02:59 AM
The Lakers did not win in the polls last year...

+1

Lakersfan2483
09-08-2008, 03:43 AM
It would be a fun series, LA would win in 6 games.

Manos
09-08-2008, 08:21 AM

Exactly, it's fairly stupid, but it makes the goofier fans feel secure about their team's chances in the upcoming season.

(Me too)