PDA

View Full Version : Lebron 2010 Where?

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 08:51 PM
OK there is a fact , he wants to contend.

There is also the fact that if he goes as a FA to some team , if they have already even the smallest talent they will be near to contend.

Fact 3 he will demmand the Max money Possible.

Fact 4 he said for the right money he would play in Europe, so money is a MAIN factor for him, he is not aceppting less than 6 years 20 million.

Fact 5 there is a clause in his contract that says if he plays in any of the 3 best markets in the USA, Los Angeles, Chicago or New York (area) his incomings become triplicated.

Assuming all that , its clear that he likes money as the most important drive, if he goes to any team not on these three citys he gets his 20 millions of course but he does not get the huge increase in his Merchandise contract.

So, there is no other option, there are 5 teams he can go to.

2 of them are doing their best to be under the Cap by that time, Nets and Knicks, but doing so they are dropping a lot of talent, so he may consider that he would be wasting his prime in a Rebuilding Project.

Then there are the Clippers, Bulls and Lakers, all will be over the cap, but all would be glad to have him and would be receptive on a Sign and trade For him, specially since he has the last word so they will just have to offer some expirings picks and some youngster with tallent, cavs will have to either Take or let him walk for nothing.

And some of the pieces may be tempting to them any way, for example Pau Gasols 2011 big and EXPIRING contract.

So, 5 options, wich will he choose?

RoyalG333
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
its clear that this is already planned out. Nets move to Brooklyn and along comes LBJ. Perfect scenario.

heyman321
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
How are you sure of how the Cavs will do in the next 2 years? Assuming they make it to the Finals again, he may not leave the Cavs.

Reezy
09-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Olympiacos.

Cavs_Fan24
09-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Where's the Cleveland option in that poll?

Im pretty sure they're the front-runner to sign him because they can offer him the longest term contract and the most money AND The Cavaliers are a legit team now that raelly has a chance to win. Besides Cleveland's his home town, why would he want to leave now?:confused:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I like how you don't even list Cleveland as an option, when Cleveland has the best chance to have him in 2010. Serious why do you think he will leave the cavs are only getting better..

You obviously don't know much about the whole situation.

The Cavaliers have the ability to give him a max contract unlike anyone else.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
"I will go to europe for 50 million a year"

Nikes contract with lebron if he stays in Cavs 20 million a year plus cavs 7 year 20 million is a grand total of 140+140 280 Million.

He signs with one of the above 6 years 20 million = 120 Million

Nike then pays you 60 million for 6 years 360

360+120 = 480 Million.

So? still think cavs have a chance?

GET REAL!!!

Westbrook36
09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
"I will go to europe for 50 million a year"

Nikes contract with lebron if he stays in Cavs 20 million a year plus cavs 7 year 20 million is a grand total of 140+140 280 Million.

He signs with one of the above 6 years 20 million = 120 Million

360+120 = 480 Million.

So? still think cavs have a chance?

GET REAL!!!

Well the other teams cant offer him 6 years..

rico
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
chicago :) woot hehe. i wish.

dre1990
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
wheres the cavs on the poll? any way i think he will sign with the nets, if he doesnt re-sign with the cavs.

dre1990
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM

Im pretty sure they're the front-runner to sign him because they can offer him the longest term contract and the most money AND The Cavaliers are a legit team now that raelly has a chance to win. Besides Cleveland's his home town, why would he want to leave now?:confused:

he's a huge fan of Jay-z, loves new york more than cleavlend, and he doesnt have that much loyalty to his home city

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
make it 6 for cavs and 5 for the rest, is still the same, NIKE has the Key an NIKE wants him in a bigger market.

They will make up any difference needed to take him out of there.

And that even considering that he will be a 25 or 26 kid , with a lot of money to spend.

Who would you want to Hang with? Spike Lee In NY Huge Heffner and his mansion in L.A or with Billy Bob the Happy Farmer down there in Cle, Ohio.

Lakersfan2483
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
LA Lakers. lol. Who knows where he'll end up, maybe New york.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
He is from Ohio, and I don't see him leaving. Cleveland will bring someone in by then on top of Mo.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Of course if Cleveland wins a ring in this two years he may then consider it, or Nike consider it.

Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Hornets and Pistons, Sixers, Celtics.

Yes they have a good chance if ALL of the above fail.

;)

goku
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
who knows and who cares until 2010

Westbrook36
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
make it 6 for cavs and 5 for the rest, is still the same, NIKE has the Key an NIKE wants him in a bigger market.

And that even considering that he will be a 25 or 26 kid , with a lot of money to spend.

Who would you want to Hang with? Spike Lee In NY Huge Heffner and his mansion in L.A or with Billy Bob the Happy Farmer down there in Cle, Ohio.

Why dose he need to Hang withsomone in Cleveland? He can Take a Plane Whereever he wants

bogdanrom
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM

But that's not his favorite city. New York is his favorite city. Even Washington is higher than Cleveland. :p. Also I think it's between Cleveland and the Brooklyn Nets. If Cleveland does not at least go to the Finals once, then I could see him leaving.

heyman321
09-01-2008, 09:15 PM

:laugh: Billy Bob. Good one.

BRADfromOZ
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I vote Cleveland too. Knowing that Lebron is a Cav will encourage players to sign for a little less than they are "worth".

RocketsRule
09-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I think it's one of two choices. Cleveland or the Nets.

If Cleveland builds a championship team around him by 2010, he will probably stay. It's his hometown with all his family, and he's lived there for a long time. If they build a championship around him and offer him a max contract (which I assume they will), he will have few reasons to live Ohio.

However, if the Cleveland front office fails to put a championship team in front of him I could see him very well leaving for the Brooklyn Nets. First off, the Nets have a solid young team that will only get better with teammates like Devan Harris, Sean Williams, Brook Lopez, and Yi Jianlian. He is close friends with partial Nets owner Jay-Z, whom he is strongly influenced by. Then there is the market of Brooklyn, a far more evolved one than Ohio, where he could become more of a global icon.

Not to mention a couple other teams that are in the running for him. (ala Knicks)

philab
09-01-2008, 09:32 PM

I'd like to get definitive word on whether this is true or not.

I hear ALL THE TIME that Nike's contract stipulates an increase if he plays in NY, LA, or whatever. I have also heard that this (and for good reason) is very much so against the league's rules.

Anyone have some sort of documentation? -- I really think it's all just hearsay.

Aside from LeBron, though, does anyone else agree that if such contract stipulations do exist that something needs to be done? Do we really want third parties getting financially involved in contract negotations? Not only does it put small markets at competitive disadvantages, but it also sets a horribly bad precedent (i.e. slippery slope).

And on LeBron in 2010, the Cavaliers can offer him more than any team AND (as Brian Windhorst has written) are the only team that will be situated with enough cap space to sign another player to a max contract (Wade, Bosh, Stoudemire, Anthony). The point is that if LeBron is serious about contending, this could very well mean he would like to unite with one of his draft classmates (or, like Stoudemire, guys from other drafts who are becoming FAs). If this is true (and we assume both guys want max contracts), the Cavaliers are the only team that can do it. SOOOOOO, basically, don't count out the Cavaliers quite yet.

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 09:42 PM
The league CANT make any prohibition to a private bussines from doing whatever they want.

And specially since David Stens owes his long term as chairman and being considered the "saviour" of the league thanks to NIKE and how NIKE marketed Jordan.

23LBJCleBrowns
09-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Lebron wants to win, if he went to the nets or knicks he would be worst. I love how you put the clippers as an option when they dont have a chance. Look at the cavs forum and look at the article that says interesting article about 2010-2011 cap space. then tell me who will get lebron

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-01-2008, 09:48 PM
i think hes going to still with the cavs thats his home town.

NastyRud
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
he's a huge fan of Jay-z, loves new york more than cleavlend, and he doesnt have that much loyalty to his home city

He's more than just a huge fan of Jay-Z. They are actually good friends. Tampering anyone?
Jay-Z " Hey Bron, how bout you join my Nets? Maybe I'll hook you up wit a record contract or somethin?
LBron "Cool, I can be the next Shaq, Big Z, tell me how my .... J/K,

philab
09-01-2008, 10:33 PM
The league CANT make any prohibition to a private bussines from doing whatever they want.

And specially since David Stens owes his long term as chairman and being considered the "saviour" of the league thanks to NIKE and how NIKE marketed Jordan.

Uh, yeah they can. Stern can prohibit players from making contracts of the sort with third parties for sure, as long as it's allowable under the CBA. AND, although I'm not positive on this, it's also very possible that such tampering is actually illegal. Even if it's not, with how involved Congress has been in sports lately (blech), it's not out of the realm of possibilities that this might pique their interest. C'mon, Sherrod Brown, do it for Cleveland.

Nighthawk
09-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Nets........i cant see Lebron staying. even if they win a ring. I think Bron is headed to NY

JWalk126
09-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Olympiacos.

yeah, wheres the Europe option? :mad:

bigmac8675
09-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Nets

Beno7500
09-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Kings

Beno7500
09-02-2008, 01:21 AM
If you put Lebron and K Mart together, they will get X amount of rings.

cambovenzi
09-02-2008, 01:23 AM

no rings?
interesting.

LA_Raiders
09-02-2008, 01:24 AM
The **** sucker would leave now if he could...NJ

SAVAGE CLAW
09-02-2008, 01:28 AM
K-Mart.

Isnt that KENYON Martin?

Denver?

hahahahahahha

You should find a new shorter name for Kevin Martin

LA_Raiders
09-02-2008, 01:31 AM

X=0

JMan17
09-02-2008, 02:21 AM
lakers :) book it!

barreleffact
09-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Uh, yeah they can. Stern can prohibit players from making contracts of the sort with third parties for sure, as long as it's allowable under the CBA. AND, although I'm not positive on this, it's also very possible that such tampering is actually illegal. Even if it's not, with how involved Congress has been in sports lately (blech), it's not out of the realm of possibilities that this might pique their interest. C'mon, Sherrod Brown, do it for Cleveland.

i dont see how it could be illegal nor how stern could realistically do anything about it. i mean what if stern goes awal and bron really does decide to jump ship to europe? then stern is just f***ed no matter what. but even if its legal now and someone from congress tried to change it and suceeded, if its already in his contract it wouldnt matter. the contract was signed while it was legal

Tom81
09-02-2008, 04:49 AM
Knicks

Hellcrooner
09-02-2008, 05:03 AM
All of you better Hope that Lakers win this year.
Much as the haters woudl love an epic failure and kobe opting out

that would lead too

20 millions out of th ebucks plus odoms 15.

Suck in 2009 have a top 5 pick.

Draft Rubio and have the actual money fo Lebron :D.

So you choose haters.

Lakers win now or suck and win later with LBJ.

Rome
09-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Whoever pays the best. Lol if Cleveland doesn't retain him I'd say new jersey.

Apophis
09-02-2008, 06:49 AM
Fixed...
Whoever pays the best. Lol if Cleveland doesn't retain him I'd say BROOKLYN.

I say Bron goes to New York Nets and Knicks will get Bosh..

CELTICS4LYFE
09-02-2008, 08:27 AM
brooklyn baby!!!!!! roc boyz!!!!

innovator
09-02-2008, 08:30 AM
lol clippers

barreleffact
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM
i wish he'd go to the lakers. jordan and pip all over. plus bynum???? i think LA would take over the championship count from boston

marques724
09-02-2008, 01:01 PM
IF Cleveland has team that compete for a ring then he stays, if not who knows.

philab
09-02-2008, 05:38 PM
i dont see how it could be illegal nor how stern could realistically do anything about it. i mean what if stern goes awal and bron really does decide to jump ship to europe? then stern is just f***ed no matter what. but even if its legal now and someone from congress tried to change it and suceeded, if its already in his contract it wouldnt matter. the contract was signed while it was legal

I'm not saying it is illegal like Lebron or Nike's CEO (or whoever) would go to jail (although it is possible that it is illegal). If it's part of the league's bylaws though that players cannot not make contracts of the sort with third parties, then, yeah, LeBron and Nike would be in trouble with (at least) the NBA for making such a contract.

I'm not really quite sure what your Stern going AWOL comment is getting at. Once LeBron fulfills his contract with the Cavaliers, he's free to go to Europe. And yes, Stern would be ****ed. But I'm not quite sure what that has to do with anything.

And the Congress thing wasn't really meant as a reason why LeBron will stay -- just that if he does have such a contract, Congress might take notice.

prash
09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I heard he's thinking of Memphis

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Of course if Cleveland wins a ring in this two years he may then consider it, or Nike consider it.

Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Hornets and Pistons, Sixers, Celtics.

Yes they have a good chance if ALL of the above fail.

;)

Please don't try and build my hopes up....we only get HOF FA's when they are old....

DreamShaker
09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I heard he's thinking of Memphis

:D

jrice9
09-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey in a pipedream I had him reuniting with Bosh in North America's 5th largest market in Toronto. Bosh and Lebron all day long

JMan17
09-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Please don't try and build my hopes up....we only get HOF FA's when they are old....

well hey, tmac and yao with lebron :speechless:

but i like kobe bynum and lebron better :D

CowboysKB24
09-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think he is going anywhere right now. My mind might change when the time comes closer. I hope he is focusing on next season and 2010.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I hope he does not leave. I wish all great players would stay with one team their whole career.

Westbrook36
09-02-2008, 11:33 PM

Let him leave, He then becomes a EPIC FAIL.

philab
09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
For those who care, I did some searching on Google re: increases in LeBron's Nike contract.

NOWHERE on the internet is there any sort of mention, implication, or otherwise of such contract increases in any sort of article, reputable OR quasi-reputable. The ONLY mentions come from internet message boards, comments to blog posts, and the like. (There are message board posts stating that these contract increases are a myth and would be illegal also -- nothing in an article or such, though.)

Given the wealth of information on his contract, in sports and financial articles alike, I think we can reasonably conclude that no such increases exist. In other words, if a writer was going to write about LeBron's contract and went to the trouble to research terms, etc., don't you think they would include some mention of these increases in the article?

I also read LeBron signed the Nike contract the night BEFORE he was drafted. This means that if the rumors of such increases are founded upon ANYTHING and not just complete ********, my guess would be that the increases were INITIAL increases (as in, if NY or LA somehow gets the rights to LeBron on draft day, the contract would go up). There's a better chance that that would be legal.

SO, I don't want to hear anymore about contract increases.

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Let him leave, He then becomes a EPIC FAIL.

Agreed. Any NBA star who leaves to go play with Earl Boykins or Josh Childress as some of their main competition will lose all credibility. Weather it be Lebron, Kobe, D Wade or anyone else will always be known as a money grubbing player who was afraid of real competition. That being said. I hope he stays. I love to watch great players play

Westbrook36
09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Agreed. Any NBA star who leaves to go play with Earl Boykins or Josh Childress as some of their main competition will lose all credibility. Weather it be Lebron, Kobe, D Wade or anyone else will always be known as a money grubbing player who was afraid of real competition. That being said. I hope he stays. I love to watch great players play

Thats Exactly how I feel. I love to watch him but if he leaves then Hello CP3 Brandon Roy Kevin Durant Greg Oden. We still have loads of Young Talent in the NBA. I love watching Lebron but if he leaves then hes a :pity:

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
09-02-2008, 11:59 PM
I hope he does not leave. I wish all great players would stay with one team their whole career.

I agree, I never wish that to occurr to any team.

Not one single team should have to go through that in my mind.

it is simply not fair to the fans, or to the team.

barreleffact
09-03-2008, 01:09 AM

if he jumped for teh supposed yet unlikely 40-50 mil. or even 20-30 mil nontaxed...i wouldnt blame him nor any of teh others at all. they are businessmen. why not optimize revenues and if untaxed that 20-30 alone is equivicable to like 30-40. it wouldnt make them afraid of competition. it would make them the competition in the world and w/o all of them what is the nba? they are the nba. and if they went to europe...others would follow too. honestly, the only thing that would make me mad is that we couldnt watch them anymore

Afridi786
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM
He'll stay with the Cavs.

Ph1lly Diehard
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Nets, mainly because of the money though.