PDA

View Full Version : Who do you Think will have the best Opening day game on Defense and Offense?

974life
09-01-2008, 07:18 PM
I think that Ray mcdonald is going to turn some heads this season I also think that he will start the season with a bang ( if they let him start). But On D we all Know the man is Patrick Willis, Iam going to say that he ends up with 16 takles against the cards. On the Offensive side of things im going with Vernon to tear thru that cards secondary and end up with 6 receptions 70 yards and a Td. Tell me who you think will shine in that game?

mtt1er
09-01-2008, 07:25 PM
gore 100 + rushing yards and 50 recieving yards and a td or two. patrick willis is the obvious answer on defense

Vegasguy80
09-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I think that Ray mcdonald is going to turn some heads this season I also think that he will start the season with a bang ( if they let him start). But On D we all Know the man is Patrick Willis, Iam going to say that he ends up with 16 takles against the cards. On the Offensive side of things im going with Vernon to tear thru that cards secondary and end up with 6 receptions 70 yards and a Td. Tell me who you think will shine in that game?

That's not exactly "tearing" through the defense. I expect Johnson to come out ready to play against his old team. I expect him with 100 yards at least and a TD. I expect Gore to have 100 yards and a TD. I also expect a defensive TD from Harris or Clement. I want this team to play well. I don't want any embarassments.

974life
09-01-2008, 08:48 PM
That's not exactly "tearing" through the defense. I expect Johnson to come out ready to play against his old team. I expect him with 100 yards at least and a TD. I expect Gore to have 100 yards and a TD. I also expect a defensive TD from Harris or Clement. I want this team to play well. I don't want any embarassments.

That would be a great game for any TE.

bornFrisco49er
09-01-2008, 08:50 PM

is everyone catching on? lol..

but instead of him, and P.Willis. Im really expecting/hoping Manny Lawson to get really excited and play with some amazing tenacity in the first game..

on offense i agree vernon can do well, but gore should have a solid day as well

9er4life
09-01-2008, 10:01 PM
gore 100 + rushing yards and 50 passing yards and a td or two. patrick willis is the obvious answer on defense

Agreed!!! With the addition of a passing game, look for Frank Gore to have some explosive open field runs.

On defense, I think Justin Smith will make the most immediate impact. Not with the amount of tackles or sacks, but with his continuous motor and ability to pressure the Q.B.. I have always said that I would take a guy who can pressure the Q.B. 10 times and have no sacks, rather than a guy with one sack and 1 Q.B. pressure.

bornFrisco49er
09-02-2008, 12:14 AM
defensive line and the secondary go hand in hand..if we can get pressure our secondary should capitilize on it..

bigmac8675
09-02-2008, 04:49 AM
I would love to see Johnson have a god game against his former team... I mean he looked good in the last preseason game... so with JTO throwing to him I am expecting good things.
As for defense... I am gonna say our LB core in general is going to open up some eyes and wreak havoc on the Cards offense.

FNM BOY
09-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Offense: Gore...V Davis...& Bryant

Defense: Clements & Willis

Guys I know some of you are not very optimistic about our team because of last year, but I think we have a good team and will do much better than last year. the playoffs isnt that far out of reach....especially if JTO has Martz system down pack.

THE NATION
09-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Offense: JTO 300+ passing yards , 3td, 1 int (I still don't like him, but want him to play well as long as he is a Niner).

Defense: Willis, Justin Smith, Nate, and Im expecting a big year from Isaac Sopoaga

DownSouth49er
09-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Offense: JTO 300+ passing yards , 3td, 1 int (I still don't like him, but want him to play well as long as he is a Niner).

Defense: Willis, Justin Smith, Nate, and Im expecting a big year from Isaac Sopoaga

couldn't agree more:hi5:

MaZin420
09-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I have a feeling 1 of our recievers is going off this game either BJ bruce or morgan. And Manny lawson will step it up something major and get a TD off a fumble forced by Jsmith.

NinerNation
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Here are my three picks to go ape **** on the Cards. Manny Lawson. Bryant Johnson. Vernon Davis. I obviously think gore is going to run wild in this game with both rushing yards, and YAC, but theres no surprise there.

9er4life
09-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Ya'll gone get to know Justin Smith.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
09-03-2008, 12:04 AM
JTO to Johnson and Gore on offense

Willis, Clements and Lawson... I hope Goldson starts over Roman!

bornFrisco49er
09-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Ya'll gone get to know Justin Smith.

For me anyways, I expect Smith to have a big opening day..it shouldnt be too much of a surprise..

he will only be as good as where they play him..but as we've seen in preseason, manusky has played him at dt, de and olb..wherever hes put he could only do as good as the position demands..at dt/de hed be more of a run stopper in our 3-4, but i do know we run a "hybrid" of 4-3, 3-4..if hes olb in our 3-4 for some plays he'll definitely bestow some havok on that offensive line..

Newport05
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Is it be bad if i expect a big day out of JTO?

FNM BOY
09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
^^No it isn't...dont worry if he does All that haters will be on his bandwagon! Typical trait of human nature!

NinerNation
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
^^No it isn't...dont worry if he does All that haters will be on his bandwagon! Typical trait of human nature!

its funny to me how you still dont understand why the "haters" were hating. Its not because we dont think JTO could be a decent QB, its because we wanted to see a return on investment/future QB in alex smith play. That, I feel, was more like wishful thinking than it was hating. When things were said about JTO that were negative, it was to make an argument about why smith should start, not how bad JTO was going to be. I think its safe to say now that, because JTO was named our starter, that all the "haters" are fully behind him. Get over it.

974life
09-03-2008, 06:51 PM
why would anyone hate if we win, now if he has an awful game than no doubt people will hate. whatever go Niners!!!!

NinerNation
09-03-2008, 07:25 PM
why would anyone hate if we win, now if he has an awful game than no doubt people will hate. whatever go Niners!!!!

:clap:

KenTHEsfKING
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
WooHoo!!

KenTHEsfKING
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
I am so ready for this game to start!

It's time for the next 9er era to begin, are you ready?!?!

Bring on dem fukcin cowboys!!

DownSouth49er
09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
FNM BOY is always talking about hating or homo....read any of his post and he says the same thing over and over again...it's always hating or homo....that's so lame....if someone says mike vick is faster than JTO, he'll say they are hating on JTO....it's all he knows....nothing surprising...i'm a 9ers fan and can't no1 make me feel less than that just because I don't agree with them on certain issues....if JTO throws a TD i'm gonna be right here jumping up and down like i always do...not because i'm a fan of his, but because i'm a fan of the NINERS....he sees it as riding ONE player's bandwagon, i see it as loving and supporting my TEAM

UNETOWNBAYAREA
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
lol...

bornFrisco49er
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
its funny to me how you still dont understand why the "haters" were hating. Its not because we dont think JTO could be a decent QB, its because we wanted to see a return on investment/future QB in alex smith play. That, I feel, was more like wishful thinking than it was hating. When things were said about JTO that were negative, it was to make an argument about why smith should start, not how bad JTO was going to be. I think its safe to say now that, because JTO was named our starter, that all the "haters" are fully behind him. Get over it.

:cheers:

downsos
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Lawson on D and Bruce on O

SFGIANTSFAN32
09-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Is Josh Morgan going to be a starter? anyone know?

DownSouth49er
09-04-2008, 01:34 AM

looks like it's going to be Johnson

"Split end. Coach Mike Nolan insists it's still a dead heat between veteran Bryant Johnson and rookie Josh Morgan, who were arguably the team's two most productive wide receivers during the offseason. But pencil in Johnson to start Sunday against Arizona. Offensive coordinator Mike Martz said: "It's hard with Josh because he's a rookie. The tempo of a regular-season and preseason game is substantially different. (Especially) to play under that pressure all of a sudden if you're a rookie, that's assured. The timing's not really like it was in the preseason because you're panicky. There's that growth process for those guys that you've kind of got to fight through. So to say that Josh is the guy that's going to start excelling at stuff He's in it, obviously, but we're really kind of depending on (Bryant Johnson) to step up now and be healthy and ready to go."

http://www.sacbee.com/sf49ers/story/1205452.html

Newport05
09-04-2008, 02:00 AM

He will have his shots to prove his worth

FNM BOY
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
FNM BOY is always talking about hating or homo....read any of his post and he says the same thing over and over again...it's always hating or homo....that's so lame....if someone says mike vick is faster than JTO, he'll say they are hating on JTO....it's all he knows....nothing surprising...i'm a 9ers fan and can't no1 make me feel less than that just because I don't agree with them on certain issues....if JTO throws a TD i'm gonna be right here jumping up and down like i always do...not because i'm a fan of his, but because i'm a fan of the NINERS....he sees it as riding ONE player's bandwagon, i see it as loving and supporting my TEAM

I can see clearly that you trying to bait...its all good. And I think you are exaggerating a bit about all of my post saying hater or homo....but if one of those descriptions describes you I can understand the frustration. Anyway Let the season begin. Go Niners!!

Seppuku
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I fully support JTO being the QB of the 49ers.

KenTHEsfKING
09-04-2008, 04:42 PM
He will have his shots to prove his worth

here's hoping and looking forward to it :clap: