PDA

View Full Version : Mr.8th inning is back

Greg_Sox_fan
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
It has been confirmed by comcastsportsnet.com that Scott Linebrink has been reinstated from the 15 day dl. And to go along with that the Sox unfortunately called up Mike MacDougal and his 4+ era. Added a little bit off speed with Jerry Owens and also called up Ehren Wasserman. Not to forget that they added another catcher in Paul Phillips.

And I forgot, they called up Boone Logan yesterday

JDIsMyGod23
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Fantastic news. Dotel can go back to the role that he pimped out, and Linebrink can hopefully be as great as he was.

Sox Appeal
09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm loving the call ups. Owens will provide some speed off the bench, which we don't really have right now. MacDougal I would assume came up so he could take an inning or 2 in a game that's a blow out, and if he get's hot, he could be a valuable to have in the bullpen during the stretch run. Wasserman is useless and there really is no point for him on this roster, so I'm not sure why we called him up. But Linebrink coming back is obviously the biggest move. If he's healthy, we should have the division pretty much locked up.

redwhitenblue
09-01-2008, 06:59 PM
I thought I heard Coop on 670 earlier this week saying Linebrink wouldn't be thrown into the 8th inning right away.

Sox Appeal
09-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I thought I heard Coop on 670 earlier this week saying Linebrink wouldn't be thrown into the 8th inning right away.

Good idea. Easing back into things isn't a bad way to go.