PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone interested in Chad Jackson?

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I apologize if this has already been discussed and I know I should'nt bring up a player every time they become available but Chad Jackson sounds intriguing. He was good coming out of Florida and still has a lot of potential (if he can stay healthy). I don't know who we would cut though, seeing that Rideau did'nt make the final roster. Just interested in your opinions of him...

Freddy GA
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
seems like we have enough recievers but Jackson is definately someone i would take a chance on. I remember watching the college skills competition when he was in it i dont think he dropped a ball the entire day.

mballa22191
09-01-2008, 04:13 PM
he would quickly become a contender for being one of the starting wide out's... better the rasheed davis better then bradley better than booker. bring him in. he is only 24

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 04:18 PM
he would quickly become a contender for being one of the starting wide out's... better the rasheed davis better then bradley better than booker. bring him in. he is only 24

Who should we drop to make room for him?

chad78
09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
booker please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freddy GA
09-01-2008, 04:45 PM
i would probably drop booker

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 04:53 PM
booker please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would probably drop booker

Yeah, I agree. Booker has no upside and appears to be on the decline now

Soop
09-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Jackson officially cleared waivers on Monday and is an unrestricted free agent. He is the type of size/speed reclamation project that Al Davis loves.
rotoworld.com

Jayg1712
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Chad Jackson could be your number 2 receiver if he proves himself

Ronhaus
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
The Raiders just signed Ashley Lelie and I also know the Bears were high on Jackson coming out of the draft. What do we have to lose.

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
maybe he can be another Berrian, only younger and much cheaper

DamnGoat
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I agree. Booker has no upside and appears to be on the decline now
Appears to be on the decline?

He's been on the decline for about 2-3 years now. His only value is as a short yardage possession receiver.

I'd take a chance on a young guy w/upside over an old fart that has so little left in the tank.

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 06:58 PM

He's been on the decline for about 2-3 years now. His only value is as a short yardage possession receiver.

I'd take a chance on a young guy w/upside over an old fart that has so little left in the tank.

In Book's defense, he was playing in Miami the last 4 yrs. But I agree after watching some of this pre-season he does'nt appear have anything left in the tank.

urlachermess
09-01-2008, 08:02 PM
i really wish the bears would sign chad jackson.. i remember hoping the bears would have drafted him but never did and i relate to him seeing him at that college drills competition he caught everything thrown 100mph at him drop booker and pick him up plz

Tankjeep
09-01-2008, 08:11 PM

it's the only logical choice. everybody else is young and has potential, but booker....the only potential he has in him, is the next dump he's going to take.

cambovenzi
09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
In Book's defense, he was playing in Miami the last 4 yrs. But I agree after watching some of this pre-season he does'nt appear have anything left in the tank.

yeah, cleo lemons or oranges or whoever and some other scrubs were throwing to him.
the fins got much worse on offense, so ofcourse his #'s will decline.

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Jackson to Visit Oakland
by Adam Caplan of ScoutNFLNetwork.com, September 1, 2008 at 6:05pm ET

Chad Jackson Profile

Scout Rumor Central has confirmed free agent WR Chad Jackson is expected to fly to Oakland Tuesday morning and will work out for the team either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A league source notes Oakland seriously considered claiming Jackson off of waivers on Monday but chose to bring him in for a workout instead then they'll decide whether or not to sign him.

The team reached a contract agreement with free agent WR Ashley Lelie on Monday.

Lelie, who missed most of training camp and pre-season with a calf injury, was recently released by the San Francisco 49ers.

cambovenzi
09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Jackson to Visit Oakland
by Adam Caplan of ScoutNFLNetwork.com, September 1, 2008 at 6:05pm ET

Chad Jackson Profile

Scout Rumor Central has confirmed free agent WR Chad Jackson is expected to fly to Oakland Tuesday morning and will work out for the team either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A league source notes Oakland seriously considered claiming Jackson off of waivers on Monday but chose to bring him in for a workout instead then they'll decide whether or not to sign him.

The team reached a contract agreement with free agent WR Ashley Lelie on Monday.

Lelie, who missed most of training camp and pre-season with a calf injury, was recently released by the San Francisco 49ers.
how exciting:rolleyes:
should post it in the raiders section, if its not already there.
i dont think we ever had interest in jackson.

Pran Raznor
09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
how exciting:rolleyes:
should post it in the raiders section, if its not already there.
i dont think we ever had interest in jackson.

Read the title on the thread. I was asking if anyone had interest in him. Just giving an update, that's all :)

superdude79
09-01-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't think the Bears will sign any cuts, they are too stubborn when their final roster has been named, even if a pro-bowl tackle becomes available they would rather have drive killer Miller getting called for holding. So no, the Bears have no interest in Jackson.

ho_va2006
09-02-2008, 12:13 AM
^^^ I agree.

Plus, if Tom Brady can't make chad jackson look good then do you really think Kyle Orton can? Its not that they didn't give him a chance.

cambovenzi
09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
Read the title on the thread. I was asking if anyone had interest in him. Just giving an update, that's all :)

i know...but we still have shown no interest in him:eyebrow:
nor will they.

Bulldog76
09-02-2008, 10:25 AM
The Raiders just signed Ashley Lelie and I also know the Bears were high on Jackson coming out of the draft. What do we have to lose.

Is that why they passed on him and traded down?

Bulldog76
09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
^^^ I agree.

Plus, if Tom Brady can't make chad jackson look good then do you really think Kyle Orton can? Its not that they didn't give him a chance.

I think it was more of a depth problem in New England than a talent problem... Jackson was injured his first season with New England and is now looking at Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Kelley Washington and Sam Aiken...Not exactly a weak group to compete with.

Jackson may not be a pro bowl caliber WR, but he does have good speed and hands that we could use on the outside (think of him as a poor man's bernard berrian)...

I would be interested in getting him in and see if we can't part ways with Marty Booker...as Jackson would likely take away his reps...

AND

I'm not saying this because of Booker's production decline in Miami, but because of his ineffectiveness in the preseason with the bears, his age and his lack of speed...