PDA

View Full Version : Sean May: The Missing Link

masalex1205
09-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Okay, hold on a second, i know what you're about to say, "Sean May that worthless, fat, piece of *(#@, he won't do anything this year besides scarf donuts and get hurt"

But maybe he, and to a smaller degree Adam Morrison, are the missing link.

Trust me, I hate May for his lack of worth ethic as much as anyone else. I look back to last year's draft when the Nets offered us their first round pick for May and we turned it down. They subsequently used it to pick Sean Williams which would have been great pickup for the Cats

May has produced when he has been healthy (12 ppg/7 rpg) but let me emphasize the fact that this has been when he was healthy.

BUT...

if he could stay healthy, filling in the Power Forward spot and having a breakthrough season where he wants to prove to everyone that he is still capable of playing w/o injuries. Maybe even staying in the same number range or even going up to 14 ppg/8rpg.

This would mean that our rotation would look like this:

PG: Felton
Solid Backup: Augustine (could eventually get starter position, regardless great to finally have pg depth)
SG: Richardson
Solid Backup: Carroll
SF: Gerald Wallace
Backup: Morrison (think he's going to surprise people this season)
PF: May (if scenario above plays out
C: OKafor - solid

Muhammed backing up C and PF positions, still lackign depth there

With Larry Brown had the helm, I really think w/ May playing well and most importantly injury free then we could make the playoffs and suprise people

Come on Cats!

jgonboricua
09-05-2008, 02:27 PM
maybe, coming from a bulls fan, im hoping morrison works out and makes wallace expendable for you guys.....he was supposed to be prety good..

masalex1205
09-06-2008, 03:01 PM
yeah i think morrison is going to have abreakout season but we need big guys and Wallace and morrison are both small forwards, wallace has had too many concussions to play power forward and its not his natural position anyway

fabian11593
09-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Bobcats won't make the playoffs, Morrison won't have a breakout year, and May will get injured.

Rome
09-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Sean may and Adam Morrison are key to your teams success. If May stays healthy, I can see 14 PPG and 8/9 rebounds. I'd like to see the mustache drop 18 6 3 which I think he is capable of doing. Your team looks great on paper.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
09-19-2008, 02:40 PM
im pulling for may

op12
09-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Sean may and Adam Morrison are key to your teams success. If May stays healthy, I can see 14 PPG and 8/9 rebounds. I'd like to see the mustache drop 18 6 3 which I think he is capable of doing. Your team looks great on paper.

it would be nice if morrison could avg those #s but i dont see it happening as a backup. i do think and hope he will have a good year. i do think may is a big key. if he is not healthy this year it is time to forget about him. the starting 5 would be small with him in there but very talented and a solid bench with morrison. still not happy with the draft, could have used some more help.

masalex1205
09-23-2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.nba.com/bobcats/video_may...offseason.html

the sean may workout video haha