PDA

View Full Version : Tabuse returns to Japan in JBL

DenButsu
09-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Tabuse returns to Japan in JBL

The Daily Yomiuri

Yuta Tabuse has bounced around plenty in his career. Now, the only Japanese player to appear in an NBA game is bouncing all the way back home.

The Japan Basketball League's expansion Link Tochigi Brex announced on Sunday that they have signed the 27-year-old Tabuse to a two-year deal.

Tabuse, who played four games with the Phoenix Suns in the 2004-05 season, plans to hold a press conference Tuesday. The 1.75-meter point guard, however, said he still hasn't given up on his goal of returning to the NBA.

"This decision might surprise some people, but there is one thing I can say for certain: I have not changed my mind on taking on the challenge of playing in the NBA," Tabuse said on his Web site.

"This is a step in my basketball career that has a lot of meaning. The thing I'm looking for most is playing time."

He will be reunited with Mitsuhiko Kato, who coached Tabuse at Noshiro Kogyo High School in Akita Prefecture.

Tabuse spent one season with the JBL's Toyota Alvark in 2002-03 and was named the rookie of the year. He went the United States and started out with the Dallas Mavericks, playing in the Los Angeles Summer League, but ended up in camp with the Denver Nuggets.

Tabuse spent time with several teams in the NBA Developmental League. In July, he played with the New Jersey Nets in the Orlando Summer League. dailyyomiuri (http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/sports/20080901TDY19303.htm)

SAVAGE CLAW
09-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Poor Chap, he is not good enough for the league.

Should try to make some money in Europe.

Reezy
09-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I really would've liked to see him do better, but he just isn't meant for the NBA.